Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Steve, I made a short link and started tweeting about the book. I'll try to add a tweet every day I'm on promoting my own stuff. This is what I tweeted.

Tired of the negative stereotypes given to being a gun owner? Growing Up With Guns by Steve Sorensen http://ow.ly/qqjSs #Humor #Hunting

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations - my book on Kindle is consistently earning me $300 to $350 a month. Not bad for a niche book.

I love the subject matter you chose. You should be able to reach a broader audience.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Steve, I made a short link and started tweeting about the book. I'll try to add a tweet every day I'm on promoting my own stuff. This is what I tweeted.

Tired of the negative stereotypes given to being a gun owner? Growing Up With Guns by Steve Sorensen http://ow.ly/qqjSs #Humor #Hunting

Thanks, Dan. Maybe it'll help. And maybe I need to join Twitter.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in , Pastor. sounds like a great read, I am looking fwd to it..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me too.... Just ordered it. Looks like a refreshing change of pace.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I, likewise just placed an order. Thanks in advance for what is going to be a pleasure to read!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you can autograph the one I just bought, I would appreciate it as well. I have a two daughters, one is three, the other is 6 months, hope they appreciate it later as well.
Thanks, PM coming with name and email to match it up.
Jon

Keep Smiling
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I expected a couple of Campfirers to order, but I'm amazed at how many want the book. Whatsa matter? Is Christmas coming? Does everyone have $15 and don't know how to spend it? Are you guys nicer than you pretend to be?

All I can say is "Thanks." No, I can also say, "Keep the orders coming!"

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
All orders placed through PayPal are going out in tomorrow's mail. I will reply to those who are sending payment through snail mail when I get the mail, and send the books out as quickly as possible.

Surprised, and humbled, at the response. Could it be that most Campfire-ers are better than they pretend to be? Thanks.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've sent all books that I've received payment for. (Some snail mail payments � nothing wrong with those � will probably start showing up today.) Those of you whose books I send Saturday should have it in your hands by today.

The book is now on Amazon: [i]Growing Up With Guns[/i] on Amazon.com. Those who have ordered books from me � I'd really appreciate a review on Amazon to help other shoppers.

Thanks.
Slogging through the marketing maze....

Steve.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations on your endeavor.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just saw this thread and ordered. Congratulations and best wishes for success. Look forward to a good read.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Steve

Just read your thread and ordered the book, can not wait to get it. I grew up in Wyoming County on the other side of PA and like you I could not wait to start hunting with my family.

Ted
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just had an interview with Ray Eye on "Eye on the Outdoors," on KFNS Radio - 590 The FAN and KFNS 100.7 FM in St. Louis, Missouri.

Went well. He heard about my book and squeezed me in for a few minutes. He said he'd do a longer interview in a few weeks when he has more time.

So far, some great feedback on my book, both locally and around the country.

Steve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't wait to get my copy, preacher! When God closes one, He can always open another door....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have finished the book, it was very good! I really like the way the jackets are done, heavy duty and half folds back on themselves. Thanks for the personalized autograph referencing Matthew 6:33 !! How are the sales doing?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Glad you like it. I've had nothing but positive feedback on it, and I am happy with the quality of the book. I've found a couple of mistakes in it, but if it keeps selling and I need to do another printing, I can correct those. I plan on doing an e-book version, but that might not be for a few months. Mistakes will be corrected there, too.

Sales are going OK. I'm satisfied so far, but I lost a bunch of time for promoting it. The book came to me Nov. 1, and then I went to Texas to hunt Nov. 12 for 10 days. That would have been only a small hiccup in my marketing, except for the fact that my computer went belly-up the first time I opened it in Texas, and I couldn't do anything about it.

When I got back I had to have it diagnosed; the problem was likely a soldering joint in the motherboard. I ended up ordering a new computer and by the time it arrived and I got everything transferred over I lost almost a month.

Still, by the end of the year, I figure I'll have moved about 25% of my books. (That includes complimentary copies to editors, friends who helped, family etc.)

One thing I need is reviews. I have two on Amazon.com, but the more the better. (Hint, hint.)

Thanks.
Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image] Here's a P.S. that I should have included in my last post.

Never let an opportunity to make a sale slip by. So, for those who haven't jumped into this thread, my new book Growing Up With Guns is available at Amazon.com for $16.19 plus shipping, or at my own website www.EverydayHunter.com where I'm running a special right now for $17.99 with FREE First Class shipping. (That's a better deal than Amazon.)

Thanks.
Steve.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd like to order one -current price?

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I'd like to order one -current price?

Mark

$17.99 with FREE First Class Shipping. You can go to www.EverydayHunter.com for that deal. Or, in case you'd rather send a check I'm PM'ing you my mailing address.

Thanks.
Steve.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.