Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hanging eye balls do tend to get our attention.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

I used to have a light rifle, but a gunsmith sawed it in two right in front of the trigger guard.

Smart man! You must have told him about your love of shooting fawns in the face and posting pictures of their eyeballs hanging out on a public forum.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By: Ringman
I sure am curious how a photo of a deer shot in the head is different from a deer shot in the chest.

You posted both in your first post. Go back and look. See if you can spot the difference. Look hard, it may take a while.

My question is, what's the difference here, they are both dead deer and will be turned into food? If one was in pain, it was the buck since it didn't die for about two minutes while the doe died before it hit the ground.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Smart man! You must have told him about your love of shooting fawns in the face and posting pictures of their eyeballs hanging out on a public forum.

Or it could be he is getting old and has dementia. He and I are still friends, he just doesn't get to work on any of my guns.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

My question is, what's the difference here, they are both dead deer and will be turned into food? .

If you had nude photos of Rosie O'Donnell and Heidi Klum, I bet you'd say "what's the difference, they're both nekkid women who wouldn't have anything to do with me if I was the last man on earth."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ironic, bible quote in signature line, zero comprehension on the value of life and dignity. Exactly why I dislike churchy types.

What a D-bag.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been watching this thread develop Ringworm and the overwhelming feeling is the inappropriateness of posting the photo. First, everyone has seen head shot deer before and it's nothing to look at so no news there. Second, there is no educational value in showing a graphic photo like that which leads one to conclude doing so was somehow in service of your ego.

Either way noone gives two schitts and a nickel about your rationalizations or otherwise of what can only be correctly called a stupid azz move to post that up.

Your new name Ringworm is appropo and obviously something has screwed up your insides as no sportsman would put that stupid photo up and we'll all collectively thank you to refrain from doing so again.

The way life should be.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
we'll all collectively thank you to refrain from doing so again.

We who are not hypocrites would collectively thank you hypocrites who laugh at blown up animals in videos for not posting on a thread like this.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ironic, bible quote in signature line, zero comprehension on the value of life and dignity. Exactly why I dislike churchy types.

What a D-bag.

You and I are on the same page when it comes to the churchy types. They are generally as hypocritical as the posters here. I don't attend them.

You being an animal killer are going to teach me, another animal killer about the "value of life and dignity." Maybe you believe the lady in San Francisco who wanted the hunters to buy their meat from the store where it is made instead of killing beautiful animals.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I shot a doe in the face once with a muzzleloader right between the eyes.
Her eyes were bulged out and looked pretty nasty.
Before I took a pic of her I stuffed her eyeballs back in and cleaned up all the nastiness.
If I can find the pic of her you could never tell I shot her in the face it looked pretty good.
I think it's disrespectful to the animal as well but if you like the abuse carry on.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

We who are not hypocrites would collectively thank you hypocrites who laugh at blown up animals in videos for not posting on a thread like this.

Admittedly you may have a point. However, most of us obviously feel too much of that goes on today. If it is any consolation you are not alone, but that doesn't make it right.

The more I'm around stuff like this the more I feel some of the European countries are on a better path. To most of them a hunting license is a privilege that is earned thru study and mentoring of those who honor the tradition.

Perhaps our hunter safety courses need also to go deeper into honoring not only the traditions but also the game.

If anything your picture is nothing more than evidence that may be the case.

One good thing about the fire is the examples set by those who take quality pictures of their outdoor pursuits. I will name a few and forgive me for leaving some other individuals out. Boxer, Sceanor, Steelhead, Brad, 1 minute, Alaska Launche, Utah Lefty, Shrapnel, Ingwe and many others. Some accomplish with the best of equipment and some tell an excellent story with a basic pocket camera.

You have these and many other examples to emulate if you ever aspire to do better. If not, continue to wallow at the bottom, because eventually we will throw out the garbage. It is only a matter of time.

Last edited by battue; 11/08/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We do just that in Colorado. It has nothing to do with what's "wrong" or "right" in a purely rational sense.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
if you like the abuse carry on.

Which animal was abused more? The doe shot in the face with a muzzle loader or the doe shot in the face with a wildcat cartridge?

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The best thing to we could do with you is ignore you. No need to put you on ignore, just let you post, don't reply and let you starve until you get the point. Most of us wouldn't spend an unnecessary second around you if we had the choice.

Why do it now, I ask myself?

Last edited by battue; 11/08/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It has nothing to do with which animal suffered more, or died a more humane death, a point which seems to have escaped you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Which animal was abused more? The doe shot in the face with a muzzle loader or the doe shot in the face with a wildcat cartridge?

Yep, you missed my point.
The abuse YOU are getting from everyone here about your pics.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tom264,

Originally Posted By: Ringman
Quote:

Yep, you missed my point.
The abuse YOU are getting from everyone here about your pics.

Again I must tell you one of my strong points is ignorance. I didn't realize I was being abused here. This thread has given me much entertainment. I guess the lesson I gave my daughters as they grew up has worked on me as well. They were taught if you don't respect someone, then what they say is like the wind in the trees. There is a noise, but nothing is being said.

There is a major difference here, though. I see hypocrisy. The same folks here who would laugh at a different animal being blown up are insulted by a photo of a humanely killed deer. It makes me think of coining a word: Democraticing. It could mean doing something you do and looking at someone else with disdain who does the same thing. Yes, I think I will start using that word in the future. Thank you for the thought.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good way to put it. So, you're making noise, but aren't saying anything.

Much better now.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Again I must tell you one of my strong points is ignorance.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I don't believe you lack knowledge, you just refuse to acknowledge what is put before you. That's denial, not ignorance.

I see hypocrisy. The same folks here who would laugh at a different animal being blown up are insulted by a photo of a humanely killed deer.

You're right, it is hypocritical to laugh at a different animal being blown up and be offended by a photo of a blown up deer. But let's take that straw man off the table. Is it your contention that everyone who has criticized your photo of your blown-up fawn also laughs at photos of blown up varmints? If so, you're mistaken.

As one who does not laugh at a different animal being blown up, I can tell you there are many more like me, both hunters and non-hunters.

I don't laugh at blown-up varmints, and your photo is tasteless and offensive.

So now what's your excuse?

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You're right, it is hypocritical to laugh at a different animal being blown up and be offended by a photo of a blown up deer. But let's take that straw man off the table. Is it your contention that everyone who has criticized your photo of your blown-up fawn also laughs at photos of blown up varmints? If so, you're mistaken.

As one who does not laugh at a different animal being blown up, I can tell you there are many more like me, both hunters and non-hunters.

I don't laugh at blown-up varmints, and your photo is tasteless and offensive.

So now what's your excuse?

No excuse. I don't believe you.

Everyday Hunter
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (300_savage, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 1,796 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,054
Posts18,521,335
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.