Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fireball2,

The reason I introduced myself is I didn't remember the prior meetings. Now that you brought it up I do remember the Quizno's sandwich with you. Sorry I don't remember the shooting.

I don't know what the majority feel. When couples have visited my home I have put in a video of blowing up squeeks. Every man has sat down and started laughing. Even some women watch it but without the laughter. Normally, though, they go into the dining room or kitchen where other women are. That being said, I think the guys here would do the same thing. Therefore I conclude the majority of those who badgered me are hypocrites with a mob mentality. It's the internet. I shouldn't expect more.

Like I said earlier this thread is just not allowed to die.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What you do in your home is no one else's business.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That could be said about what someone posts as long as the owner doesn't mind.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
To me that shows a lack of respect for the animal you are hunting. The longer I've been hunting the more I respect the animals I'm killing and want to do it in the most respectful way possible. It's what I'm trying to pass on to my kids, and if one of my kids did that to a deer intentionally they'd get an earful.

God bless,

Mm

How can it disrepect the animal at all? Its the quickest surest death out there if anyone gives a damn.

Now the picture part, I get it, I take pics like that at times too, just because I may not have seen results like that and feel the need to document.

The folks that take them in the head when the chance arises, I get them a hearty congrats. Its the way I was brought up also. No pain, no suffering, no trailing, no meat loss. There just plain is not a negative in there at all.

Of course I don't shoot them all in the head but generally get the chance a few times a year and take it when its right.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Hunting photos are not allowed when you are the mod?

Yes, hunting photos are. Yours wouldn't be, because it's offensive to some. Bragging about the load you used just rubbed salt in the wound.

I would delete in in a second, and if you whined about it. I'd show you the door. The founder of the forum would agree.

You think loose rules are good, but they aren't. All they do is encourage threads like this.

No, i'm not a democrat, but I wouldn't vote for that lame azz Romney either. Neither were worth my vote, so I didn't.

A bit OT here but thanks for being so lazy as to give us obama again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No, it couldn't. It's a public forum. If you post something, you invite comment by definition. Especially if you're an attention whore.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

No, it couldn't. It's a public forum. If you post something, you invite comment by definition. Especially if you're an attention whore.

Full circle smile So he is an attention whore? Or a garden variety idiot? Make up your mind man smile Can we just agree on a compromised position and say that at least for purposes of this thread, he is both smile

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

Hunting photos are not allowed when you are the mod?

Yes, hunting photos are. Yours wouldn't be, because it's offensive to some. Bragging about the load you used just rubbed salt in the wound.

I would delete in in a second, and if you whined about it. I'd show you the door. The founder of the forum would agree.

You think loose rules are good, but they aren't. All they do is encourage threads like this.

No, i'm not a democrat, but I wouldn't vote for that lame azz Romney either. Neither were worth my vote, so I didn't.

A bit OT here but thanks for being so lazy as to give us obama again.

How did I give you Obama? By not voting for Romney? No thanks. Romney beat Romney.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by smokepole

Full circle smile So he is an attention whore? Or a garden variety idiot? Make up your mind man smile Can we just agree on a compromised position and say that at least for purposes of this thread, he is both smile

Stop attacking me. Whose on first?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some thoughts regarding your pic Ringman:

1) Odds of pic attracting new hunters - TAKE IT DOWN
2) Showing capability of a small bullet at high speed - LEAVE IT UP
3) Fuel for anti-hunters - TAKE IT DOWN
4) Does the pic edify hunting? - TAKE IT DOWN
5) Would pic generally be considered respectful or disrespectful to the non-hunting public? TAKE IT DOWN
6) Would pic generally be considered respectful or direspectful to the hunting public? TAKE IT DOWN
7) Does pic provide a greater understanding of deer anatomy? LEAVE IT UP
8) Would most hunters share this pic with their wife and/or kids? TAKE IT DOWN
9) Do you want this thread to die? TAKE IT DOWN

As a Christian man, I know you look at the broader picture in life; not just individual circumstances and/or events. I understand everything in life doesn't have to be a research project. However, do you believe you've considered the bigger picture in this case?

The choice is yours smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find it interesting that this buffoon went elk hunting & was posting again 2 hours later !

Just my .02, YMMV

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Recruit

5) Would pic generally be considered respectful or disrespectful to the non-hunting public? TAKE IT DOWN
6) Would pic generally be considered respectful or direspectful to the hunting public? TAKE IT DOWN

As a Christian man, I know you look at the broader picture in life; not just individual circumstances and/or events. I understand everything in life doesn't have to be a research project. However, do you believe you've considered the bigger picture in this case?

The choice is yours smile

good post

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The shot ain't the problem. If it has to be explained why it is just a terrible, idiotic idea to post that particular pic on a public forum, it likely can not be explained to you. Bless your heart.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
This is like a douche walking around suburbia packing his AR and a Glock "open carry" because it is his right to do so. You aren't pulling anyone off the fence down onto the right side by posting crap like this.

This is my concern, too. Fuel for the anti-hunting group, using it as tangible evidence of a hunter's capacity to be inhumane.

It would not be hard to influence a person not familiar with the damage a firearm can do to be against hunting with visual reinforcement such as that, and then have it proudly displayed as "bullet performance".

[bleep] the anti hunters and what they'll think. Hiding what we do from them sure as hell hasn't made them go away or made them think any better of what we do. We used to carry our dead deer home from the hunt in the open beds of pickups or on car top carriers for all to see. Then we'd hang them from a tree in the front yard in plain sight of any passers by. I used to enjoy seeing what everybody had shot. Now we're all too scared of offending some damned anti so we hide what we do. We Keep our dead deer in the trunk or closed pickup bed and sneak it into the garage or basement when we get it home as if we'd committed some crime. Well so far as I can tell it ain't been working to shut them up so I don't give a damn what the anti's think anymore. My dead deer have again been hanging in the tree out front for the past few seasons and will again this season. I don't give a schit if somebody is offended by it or not. I'm a hunter and proud of it and it's perfectly legal and environmentally sound. I'm going to enjoy my last few seasons to the fullest and hiding anything to keep from offending some brainless twit just ain't on my agenda.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Recruit,

Thanks for taking time to post a thoughtful responses to one of the photos. About which photo are you asking?

1. It was not posted to attract new hunters. Leave it up.
2. I posted it to show high speed impact. Leave it up.
3. Anti hunters dislike photos of beautiful trophy bucks being held up by the hunter. Leave it up.
4. Edify hunting? What does that mean? Leave it up.
5. What the general population considers respectful has nothing to do with this site. They don't come here. Leave it up.
6. The photo doesn't tend to show normal anatomy. Leave it up.
7. I have no idea what most hunters show their wife and kids. Leave it up.
8. I couldn't care less if this thread dies or not. Leave it up.

I have no idea what you are asking here. You posted several words that don't seem to have anything to do with this thread.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its all about you ringman. Just remember that. Everyone else is wrong,all of them, all the time. That is the most logical conclusion.

And, "8. I couldn't care less if this thread dies or not". At least admit you like the attention a little bit or there is no way anyone could believe anything you write ever again, because lets be serious, you do, at least a little bit.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
This is like a douche walking around suburbia packing his AR and a Glock "open carry" because it is his right to do so. You aren't pulling anyone off the fence down onto the right side by posting crap like this.

This is my concern, too. Fuel for the anti-hunting group, using it as tangible evidence of a hunter's capacity to be inhumane.

It would not be hard to influence a person not familiar with the damage a firearm can do to be against hunting with visual reinforcement such as that, and then have it proudly displayed as "bullet performance".

[bleep] the anti hunters and what they'll think. Hiding what we do from them sure as hell hasn't made them go away or made them think any better of what we do. We used to carry our dead deer home from the hunt in the open beds of pickups or on car top carriers for all to see. Then we'd hang them from a tree in the front yard in plain sight of any passers by. I used to enjoy seeing what everybody had shot. Now we're all too scared of offending some damned anti so we hide what we do. We Keep our dead deer in the trunk or closed pickup bed and sneak it into the garage or basement when we get it home as if we'd committed some crime. Well so far as I can tell it ain't been working to shut them up so I don't give a damn what the anti's think anymore. My dead deer have again been hanging in the tree out front for the past few seasons and will again this season. I don't give a schit if somebody is offended by it or not. I'm a hunter and proud of it and it's perfectly legal and environmentally sound. I'm going to enjoy my last few seasons to the fullest and hiding anything to keep from offending some brainless twit just ain't on my agenda.

Oh, I don't hide anything from them, I just don't go out of my way to offend them. If I do so incidentally....oh, well..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Am l correct in understanding you guys don't appreciate good bullet performance?
Good grief, no one said a thing about bullet performance you dufus. The picture it's self was in very poor taste, and this is exactly the kind of thing that gives ammunition to the antis! You really need to get a clue.

Last edited by gophergunner; 11/12/13.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
MM,

At least admit you like the attention a little bit or there is no way anyone could believe anything you write ever again, because lets be serious, you do, at least a little bit.

Like I said I couldn't care less if this thread dies or not.

Good grief, no one said a thing about bullet performance you dufus. The picture it's self was in very poor taste, and this is exactly the kind of thing that gives ammunition to the antis! You really need to get a clue.

You are really late to the party. That has been hashed by both sides. The antis are not a bright bunch. They don't need facts or photos for their position.

Everyday Hunter
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,054
Posts18,521,335
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.