Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

No, go [bleep] yourself moron. Women can't fight. End of story. Yes, they can pilot a jet and pull a lanyard on a howitzer. But they aren't built for close quarters, infantry style combat. Its not my fault they don't have testosterone, you dick wad and its testosterone that makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Research it.

You have a daughter in the military? Is that your beef? Lay your cards on the table before you start talking schitt.

Jordan

There's a lot more to flying in combat that moving the stick and throttles. They don't belong there either..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a surprise!

Not.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember when I read her original book thinking that it was kinda odd about her "missing 3 hrs. of captivity". I sorta read between the lines that things may have happened that she didn't want to discuss.
Personally, I respect the young lady. She signed up, she made it through Army basic training, and she served her country to the best of her ability on that day.
I don't think she should be condemmed for not properly clearing her weapon and engaging in a made-for-movies firefight until help arrived. I mean, her vehicle crashed into the truck in front of it hard enough that it killed the other people in the truck. How da [bleep] would YOU be able to function with your bell rung like that?
Maybe she didn't necessarilly deserve a Bronze Star w/ V, but she danged sure came closer to deserving one than myself.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You can make all the excuses in the world, but women or your daughters on the front line is a mistake and another politically incorrect blunder. For every one woman who can really handle combat as well as a man 100 more can't . If you want you daughters used as a political ploy for the Politicians then i hope she enjoys the free sex she will get from the Ragheads when she gives up like Lynch without firing a shot. Some people say she wasn't able to fight after being in a auto wreck , but i don't really believe that, since by her own admission , i racked the bolt on the M16 and that is when it jammed. If she was able minded enough to grasp her weapon and charge it or try charging it , then that alone goes to her state of mind . She was like most women and some men , scared chitless and it was easier for to give up and pray than to fight . Maybe we would have done the same thing, but will never know , because we wern't there. Don't get me wrong , women have their places in the Military , just not on the Front Lines as a Combat Soldier. Women on the Front Line is just one more thing the males soldier has to worry about and this alone will get more people killed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
This news is 10 years old--November 2003 ??

Woman soldiers, it's a package deal and goes with the territory. Women better have the balls to deal with it if that's what they want.

Yeah, but is that what they want? The politicians, MSM and the military spin it, leaving out the realities of combat in order to sell gender-equality to women and the public, when the truth of women in combat is far different than the spin. Give Lynch credit though, she could have ridden to glory the lie that she was spraying lead, fighting like a warrior right to the end, but she did not. The reality apparently is, her rifle jammed, there is no indication she even tried to clear it (I'll lay dollars to donuts, she didn't even know how), and she immediately goes to her knees praying. That is the reality of women in close quarters battle folks. They can't fight. And its not their fault. They simply don't have testosterone. Women have no place in combat. When the whole Lynch thing went down, is really pissed me off how the military lied about her emptying magazines on the enemy. That was a complete lie. The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Jordan

And they gave her a Bronze Star with a "V" device. Decoration sort of lost all meaning to me then.... Oh and spot on. We all knew shs had been gang-raped as was those other females during the first Gulf War which we tried to work into the calculus about the idiocy of females in the combat arms and this, along with pregnancies, exaggerated claims of sexual harrassment, lower physical standards, sex, etc were all swept under the table.
It all starts in ROTC where you have lower PT standards for females. Lower standards equate to...lower standards, meaning you have inferior personnel. Inferior personnel mean troops that are always having to have somebody else carry their water. All this talk of equal treatment under the law and then you have this. Once upon a time I applied for a job where they hired a black guy with much lower qualifications than I had. This [bleep] is real and has been for a long, long time. It's not reverse discrimination, it's flat out discrimination. If a female can do the job equal to a man, that's fine, but when they can't then there it [bleep] is. I never liked the ideas of equipping the whole army with the black beret either. You don't raise morale by lowering standards you just lower the whole tone instead of vice-versa.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
You can make all the excuses in the world, but women or your daughters on the front line is a mistake and another politically incorrect blunder. For every one woman who can really handle combat as well as a man 100 more can't . If you want you daughters used as a political ploy for the Politicians then i hope she enjoys the free sex she will get from the Ragheads when she gives up like Lynch without firing a shot. Some people say she wasn't able to fight after being in a auto wreck , but i don't really believe that, since by her own admission , i racked the bolt on the M16 and that is when it jammed. If she was able minded enough to grasp her weapon and charge it or try charging it , then that alone goes to her state of mind . She was like most women and some men , scared chitless and it was easier for to give up and pray than to fight . Maybe we would have done the same thing, but will never know , because we wern't there. Don't get me wrong , women have their places in the Military , just not on the Front Lines as a Combat Soldier. Women on the Front Line is just one more thing the males soldier has to worry about and this alone will get more people killed.
Spot on.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

No, go [bleep] yourself moron. Women can't fight. End of story. Yes, they can pilot a jet and pull a lanyard on a howitzer. But they aren't built for close quarters, infantry style combat. Its not my fault they don't have testosterone, you dick wad and its testosterone that makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Research it.

You have a daughter in the military? Is that your beef? Lay your cards on the table before you start talking schitt.

Jordan

That gal did more to serve this country than you ever did. You are nothing but a coward.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No it is NOT fine if they can (sic) do the job and that is whay many of you just don't get. The ability to do a "job" is but a component of the "whole man" concept that makes up a true warrior. And woman just don't have it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
No it is NOT fine if they can (sic) do the job and that is whay many of you just don't get. The ability to do a "job" is but a component of the "whole man" concept that makes up a true warrior. And woman just don't have it.

Plus one

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
And woman just don't have it.

I agree, but fear that many of the women in this country are never going to buy into that until they actually see a lot more Jessica Lynches come to grief. They won't believe it until they see it, and until they do, they'll continue making excuses for what happened in this one case.

Lynch could easily have been shot in the back of the head when the bastards were done with her. I suspect we'll be seeing more of that in the years ahead.

IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
or beheading videos of American Women

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think you understand what I meant. I said "if they can do the job". I don't know what the stats are, if you could measure it and PT is one of the basic measurements. PT requirements would not be lower if most women could hang with men. They can't. That is a first measurement of who belongs in the military and who doesn't, let alone in combat. Somebody said one in a hundred. It could well be that low of a percentage that could hang with men in combat. I don't know. I just know that not many can. I don't have a problem with a woman who can, but there are not many of them. If you disagree I have no problem with that, but personally I don't discriminate against people. I have no problem discriminating between them and there are ways to differentiate between those who can and those who can't as I just demonstrated.

I gotta say that if you didn't misunderstand me then it's strange that you would post to somebody who is obviously in agreement with at least 90 and probably more like 99% of what you just said. Odd.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are essentially saying then that there is no woman on earth that could kick your ass in a fair fight. I'm not effing with you when I say I simply don't believe that. You can talk all this warrior stuff you want but I believe that there are a lot of women who could kick your ass Jorge. No offense intended. Does that mean that maybe 99% of women on the earth couldn't? Maybe. But that still leaves a big number who could given the population of humans on the planet. Does being able to kick one guy's ass equate to combat? No. I'm sure that there are a large number who can do combat as well as men though. It still could be that 99% of them can't. Does this mean if those numbers are true that we should leave women out of combat? Maybe. I don't advocate discrimination against people of any sort though and if 1%, .01% or even less of them can prove they can do the job, I personally have no problem with it even though I believe the percentage to be very low.

Now you've put me at odds with you when I was trying to agree with you basically. Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175

Plus one
Maybe you should read my post again.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When my son was an Army ROTC cadet, during their final field exercises and rating, one of the female cadets pretty much fell apart during a mock ambush. She still received a passing score, and higher than his. Lowered standards, for sure.

He is now a field grade infantry officer, and served in Iraq. He said it is very difficult to predict who will hold up when the bullets start flying, but he noted that in general, it isn't the "tough guys". He said that the scared skinny 18 y/o on a gun may prove to be the real warrior. Doesn't have a very high opinion of women in combat zones. Told of one female captain who was spending most of her time going at it hot and heavy with another captain from an allied nation's army.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In my opinion this whole women in combat is perpetuated by female officers who want to command and promotion.

We had a female lt. who lasted 3 weeks in Gulf go around 1.

Our female MP's were a joke, they couldn't carry combat loads resulting in equipment being left behind or one of the guys to carry extra.

They had no command respect in contact with indigenous or troops who had been in the desert for 9 months. Try breaking up a huge fight involving 20 plus combatants with just a 100 pound female as backup...not fun.

Watched three divorces and two pregnancies during one deployment from guys not controlling their peckers. Fights between guys for females attention. Special consideration for females for showing up late to formation, showers, laundry, meals etc. ruins morale.

Later had a female MP captain who was great in the office and kept the old guard senior NCO's in check. Ran a great patrol division and managed law enforcement operations really well. But out on the street or in the field she never left the tent of office.

I recall our Provost Marshall make sure that she always had two of us as "assistant and a driver" to make sure she was protected.

In Desert Storm the number of rapes on US females was thru the roof by both troops and indigenous personnel. Way to much down time with no stress relief, access to alcohol, and lack of women was in my opinion a major contributing factor.

I recall one night on foot patrol in Dammam, a female PIO officer and her camera crew were filming. They caused such a ruckus with the show owners, the Muhtawa, that we had to stand between them with the Saudi cops and locals after they tossed her and her crew around like rag dolls.

Love my girls but I don't want them anywhere near a combat oriented unit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paul39
When my son was an Army ROTC cadet, during their final field exercises and rating, one of the female cadets pretty much fell apart during a mock ambush. She still received a passing score, and higher than his. Lowered standards, for sure.

He is now a field grade infantry officer, and served in Iraq. He said it is very difficult to predict who will hold up when the bullets start flying, but he noted that in general, it isn't the "tough guys". He said that the scared skinny 18 y/o on a gun may prove to be the real warrior. Doesn't have a very high opinion of women in combat zones. Told of one female captain who was spending most of her time going at it hot and heavy with another captain from an allied nation's army.

Paul
I can see that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by big drift
In my opinion this whole women in combat is perpetuated by female officers who want to command and promotion.

We had a female lt. who lasted 3 weeks in Gulf go around 1.

Our female MP's were a joke, they couldn't carry combat loads resulting in equipment being left behind or one of the guys to carry extra.

They had no command respect in contact with indigenous or troops who had been in the desert for 9 months. Try breaking up a huge fight involving 20 plus combatants with just a 100 pound female as backup...not fun.

Watched three divorces and two pregnancies during one deployment from guys not controlling their peckers. Fights between guys for females attention. Special consideration for females for showing up late to formation, showers, laundry, meals etc. ruins morale.

Later had a female MP captain who was great in the office and kept the old guard senior NCO's in check. Ran a great patrol division and managed law enforcement operations really well. But out on the street or in the field she never left the tent of office.

I recall our Provost Marshall make sure that she always had two of us as "assistant and a driver" to make sure she was protected.

In Desert Storm the number of rapes on US females was thru the roof by both troops and indigenous personnel. Way to much down time with no stress relief, access to alcohol, and lack of women was in my opinion a major contributing factor.

I recall one night on foot patrol in Dammam, a female PIO officer and her camera crew were filming. They caused such a ruckus with the show owners, the Muhtawa, that we had to stand between them with the Saudi cops and locals after they tossed her and her crew around like rag dolls.

Love my girls but I don't want them anywhere near a combat oriented unit.
I hear you.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Our enemy isn't stupid, maybe uneducated in book sense, but not War and they know the American Public can't handle seeing Americans dead,bleeding or mutilated on the News and they will use the Bodies of American Women as a propaganda tool to get the wimps of this country to demand American Soldiers to be pulled out and sent home. You must remember we aren't fighting a Soldier in uniform, we are fighting Rebels or Tribal Cults that have no scruples or even know what the Geneva Convention means. They are in it to win or die and most don't really care which.. If I was them, i would use this tactic against a domesticated enemy like the USA .

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It is a shame what happened to her, but I suspect it was her brain that jammed, not the gun.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.