Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha, ha, for sure Pat.

I wish I could shoot long range Rost. Lots of stuff would be in danger.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
was wondering when mister 410 would show up. cool

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon a fella can't get much luckier than having a good day in front of SteveNO on their first hunt together. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'd like to think i'm a pretty good shot with a rifle.

Slow for certain...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd hate to shoot against a guy can make a hit at 400 yds while taking a chitt.

I've made some lucky shots, but never a lucky chitt., frown

Last edited by eyeball; 12/02/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1970 something...I was cocking a old mid 70's bb daisy gun /back on the farm, in front of the house and it went off in "mid cock" shocked scare to death it was going to hit the picture window shocked ...turned to watch the bb fly into a tree on the way to the window ... hitting a sparrow-knocking the b-Jesus out of him cool * then there was a early 90's- 2nd shot on a 100yrd+ running moose in the swamp ...from a b-92 44mag 270gr shilloette round = drt ... these are not good ...they are lucky smile

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would say I'm a fairly good wing shot and a good rifle shot. My longest kill with a rifle was 450 yards on a whitetail doe that never knew what hit her.

I never realized what a huge difference a good trigger made on a rifle until I had my smith put a Timney in my Mauser. Man, what a difference.

Quality gear, quality ammo, and lots of range time definitely makes a fair shooter into a good, confident shooter.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the best shots I ever made was on a running buck. I was sitting on my arse in the snow under a pine tree in Northern Michigan. Spun around to my off shoulder side and let one fly out of my 444 Marlin. Buck was leaping up into the air over a small hill. Didn't know I killed him until I walked over and saw him lying there. It was also my one and only "scope eye" grin Felt a trickle run down my nose. Thought it may have been sweat. NOPE. It was blood. Never even felt it hit me..... blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we need on of these threads on a compound bow ...man have I got off some cool/great shots on boo!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It usually took me a box of twelve ga to get my limit of pheasants. But a great time was had by me and the dog.

I'm better at wing shooting than I am with a hand gun. I have to admit that I STILL think hand guns are just short rifles.

The only reason that I keep meat in the freezer.......is that I am usually bright enough to find a good solid rest, a big rock, or a good position to go prone.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm probly better than Travis, that's good enough for me.

LOL
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What is your best shot? Was it accident or skill?

Probably the 550 yard shot on a 3 inch triangle with the 30-30.
Figuring the range, drop, wind, and whatnot, takes skill; but hitting that small target on the first time shooting over 400 yards, takes some luck... it wasn't an "accident."

How well do you really shoot?

Just watch my videos, I show every shot other than load development, and even then I show the targets.
Win94ae Videos

Are you best with a rifle, pistol or shotgun?

All of the above.

What range are you accurate?

600 yards so far with rifles, 300 with pistols, 150 with specific shotguns with slugs, 65 yards with shot.
Can you hit a running target?

Yes.
[Linked Image]
Tell us or show us what you use, and how you use it.

I need to make some shotgun videos.

With all the hunting, shooting, and stuff, you don't hear about the misses much. Just wondering how good with a gun you consider yourself to be...

Like I said, I show all my shots, here is my last miss.

I'm an average shooter, most people could make these shots if they applied themselves.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. If I don't reply further, I'm satisfied with my side of the "debate."
[Linked Image]
...nuff said.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where is Paladin?.....after watching him shoot any handgun he picked up in New Mexico i wouldnt want to be anywhere within 500 yards of him pissed off at me with a revolver in his hand crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My nomination for the scariest picture posted on the Fire in 2013. This dude will jack you up, hack you up, and stack you up (in a shallow grave) without breaking a sweat.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I must peruse this after the game.

I'm not good, but I've been blessed.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Compared to the average guy at the range (not master level competitors) I am much better than average with a rifle, above average with a handgun, and below average with a shotgun on moving targets.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I'm better than some, not as good as a lot, and can pull some pretty amazing (lucky) shots out of nowhere sometimes when I need it most.

Very impressive. I like the portion with the added pressure of a black dude over your shoulder, chasing you around with a pink Taser. That was cool!

wink

Serious for a brief moment: very nice shooting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suck with pistols and shotguns and am not nearly as good with a rifle as I want to be, but I keep trying.
I shoot often enough at long range that I turn in some good long range groups at times.
My real strength is doing the work to get a gun shooting well enough and extracting the data needed to make long cold bore shots.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I like to think I'm a careful shot (with a rifle- the rest is crappy), rather than a good one... I've been proven wrong in both respects in times past....

Then again, I prefer to hunt solo.... smile

About two weeks ago, I killed 5 caribou in about 30 seconds, using the shut-off snow machine's wind-shield as rest ( they were an estimated 300 to 450 yards away, respectively), with a heavy barreled .30-06 pushing 150 gr. factory loads. One shot bang-flops each. Easy after the first one was successful...

Range finders are wonderful - but being eye-ball lucky is better. Well, no it isn't. (Note to self- don't keep range-finder in snow-machine cubby at 5 below - the batteries don't like it! Neither do the GPS batteries - both are inside-the-parka items from now on.)

Those shots were the number 14-18 rounds down the newly installed barrel, the first 10 being sight in, and the 11th killing a 'bou back in August at 379 yards, the 12 and 13 being sight check before the recent hunt (under MOA).

WTF- I still have two rounds left out of that box!

The question is really how good is the gun, how well do you understand it, and how do you pick your shots? Luck is an uncertain factor. Try to avoid it as a factor. But when it is good, it is good!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Marine Corps Triple Expert with rifle (M-14/16) and pistol (1911 .45AP) whatever thats worth.

yeah, that is the best way....

M16: Expert,
M60: Expert
1911: Expert
M 79 : Expert

Can hit a varmint from a rest at 500 yds with first shot... and then 10 minutes later miss one the same size, 5 times at 50 yds, still from a rest...each with witnesses...

Longest kill? 55 gallon drum, 1300 and 1400 meters, M 60...
Ft Sill OK...

What does it all mean?

between so-so, to below average.... whistle

can outshoot a lot of guys at our local range.... but the ones that outshoot me, well it gets pretty embarrassing...

Forum members from my town I know...Roy/ Fireball 2, Marty/IronEagle, and Rich/Ringman .... they're each alot better than Seafire is...

I spend too much time sitting on the couch, and taking BWTs to Applebees...when I collect enough bottles and beer cans to afford to... smile

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,796 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.