Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't really have a dog in this fight, I really don't care one way or another; such debates are only academic**. But your statements seem to contradict, and I�d like to see this cleared up.

Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I have issues with every brand, found things with every single one�Doing gunsmith work forever has shown all can have a problem�

Now here�s a couple of sentences I can agree with, and I�m sure most gunsmith�s would agree also.

But then you say this
�except the BFR's

Now before you step in and start swinging, let me paint the picture REAL CLEAR�Here�s what you said

Doing gunsmith work forever has shown all can have a problem except the BFR's, stock guns only need trigger work.

Now you said all CAN HAVE A PROBLEM. And then you said except the BFR�s. See where that is a problem? You�re saying a BFR cannot have a problem excepting perhaps some trigger work needed. How is it that BFR is completely immune from all problems? Not even a Six-Sigma manufacture is immune from ALL problems, and I don't think BFR is Six-Sigma (or any other firearms manufacturer for that matter).

So, care to revise your statement?

** You're arguing a difference of MAYBE an inch at 100 yards. Even as much as 1" difference at 100 yards is never the difference between a hit or a miss on big game.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Too many think money spent will give a better gun. Not a single revolver built by the best custom maker will out shoot a factory BFR and most equal a Ruger. You might love the cheap Reeder engraving but the guns shoot no better then an out of box Ruger. You love the finish and fit of a Freedom but the fit is too tight and they do not shoot better then a Ruger.
Nobody has posted Freedom groups at any range to verify what they say. It is key board magic.
I forgot another thing, you love all the clicks when you cock your gun, deer hate them.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I don't really have a dog in this fight, I really don't care one way or another; such debates are only academic**. But your statements seem to contradict, and I�d like to see this cleared up.

I have issues with every brand, found things with every single one�Doing gunsmith work forever has shown all can have a problem�

Now here�s a couple of sentences I can agree with, and I�m sure most gunsmith�s would agree also.

But then you say this
�except the BFR's

Now before you step in and start swinging, let me paint the picture REAL CLEAR�Here�s what you said

Doing gunsmith work forever has shown all can have a problem except the BFR's, stock guns only need trigger work.

Now you said all CAN HAVE A PROBLEM. And then you said except the BFR�s. See where that is a problem? You�re saying a BFR cannot have a problem excepting perhaps some trigger work needed. How is it that BFR is completely immune from all problems? Not even a Six-Sigma manufacture is immune from ALL problems, and I don't think BFR is Six-Sigma (or any other firearms manufacturer for that matter).

So, care to revise your statement?

** You're arguing a difference of MAYBE an inch at 100 yards. Even as much as 1" difference at 100 yards is never the difference between a hit or a miss on big game.

I own three BFR's, friends have sold all Freedoms to get BFR's. I have shot every one of them and the custom shop is perfect but production guns need trigger work, I get them to 1-1/2#.
Magnum Research has all castings done by Ruger's pine tree and all internal parts are Ruger. Then Badger barrels are used by Magnum Research, all are perfect when slugged, throats are perfect. No other revolver has ever had perfect dimensions from gun to gun.
The only difference between a custom shop gun and production seems to be the trigger. Easy to fix. Not a single difference in how they shoot. The production BFR is the most accurate revolver ever built.
Magnum Research and Ruger work hand in hand and cross guns.
I can not make my rifles shoot cast to even get near a BFR.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I own three BFR's, friends have sold all Freedoms to get BFR's. I have shot every one of them and the custom shop is perfect but production guns need trigger work, I get them to 1-1/2#.
Magnum Research has all castings done by Ruger's pine tree and all internal parts are Ruger. Then Badger barrels are used by Magnum Research, all are perfect when slugged, throats are perfect. No other revolver has ever had perfect dimensions from gun to gun.
The only difference between a custom shop gun and production seems to be the trigger. Easy to fix. Not a single difference in how they shoot. The production BFR is the most accurate revolver ever built.
Magnum Research and Ruger work hand in hand and cross guns.
So you stand behind your statement that BFR revolvers are immune to any flaws? Are you saying that a BFR revolver has NEVER broken, or NEVER gone back to the factory?

I'm just trying to get you to look at the statement you made. You said everyone else CAN have issues, but BFR can't have issues.

You didn't say, I've observed issues with other guns, but never with a BFR...that would be a defendable statement. But to say a BFR "can't" have any issue...well, not to be rude but I'd say Bull-chit. If there is a human involved in any part of the manufacture of anything, it most certainly CAN have issues.

I think what you're trying to say is you've never personally observed anything beyond a trigger that could be better. But you've made an absolute statement; just trying to see if you really believe in such absolutes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CraigC
The real story is that bfrshooter/44Man/Jim Miner developed loads in somebody else's FA .357 and somehow managed to egg the chambers and bore. Bob Baker, president of Freedom Arms, stated that his handloads were 20% over maximum and that he never would've believed somebody could do that to one of their guns. He ruined the guy's sixgun and then expected FA to fix it for free. When they wouldn't, he decided to start his negative campaign. Funny how bfrshooter is the only one I've ever heard spout this nonsense about FA's not shooting well. Or that Rugers and BFR's shoot better. That these guns can manage half inch groups at 50yds. Or that magical lube will shrink groups. That he shot a 2.5" group at 500yds by aiming 20ft over the target at a tree branch. The real story is that it's all made up, nobody else has been able to duplicate his accuracy claims.

And you know "the real story" how?

It sounds like there were three people involved. BFR, Mr. Baker, and the gent who's gun is in question. Unless you're the gent, I think a court would call anything else "hearsay" testimony.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Not a single revolver built by the best custom maker will out shoot a factory BFR...

Now I have to call BS on that.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's just sad.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You might love the cheap Reeder engraving but the guns shoot no better then an out of box Ruger.

Your ignorance is showing, yet again. Reeder builds his guns just like Ruger. He does not linebore, he does not block the action and I doubt he uses premium barrel blanks. Now to compare a stock Ruger to a best grade linebored five-shot from the better `smith's is where the difference shows itself. Of course, if one believes that Jim Miner manages half inch groups at 50yds, a claim made by NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD, then I guess you'll believe the rest of this diatribe.

It is key board magic.

Your claims are so fantastical that nobody has to post anything to refute it. Nobody believes it but you and your fan club.

I'll bet you $500 that if I drive to West Virginia you can't produce a half inch group at 50yds. Or if you want to come here, I'll pay you $500 just to show up and if you manage a half inch five shot group at 50yds I'll be the president of your fan club for life. Dead serious.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And you know "the real story" how?

It sounds like there were three people involved. BFR, Mr. Baker, and the gent who's gun is in question. Unless you're the gent, I think a court would call anything else "hearsay" testimony.

This is what I was told by Bob Baker in a situation where he had no reason to lie. Either way, his word can be believed long before this character Miner. You are free to call Freedom Arms and ask him yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
any quality HG with good sights are good

I would not really expect a diff

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JJHACK
As a common visitor to the site, I would consider myself pretty much a typical reader of posts here. There is an interesting way this has unfolded.

You have to ask yourself some basic questions on these posts.

If you were to read that a Rolex sucks because there was once a time piece of theirs that did not keep accurate time. But the Timex and Casio were brilliant

A Ferrari was absolute rubbish that did not handle well or go fast enough, but a Camero was brilliant and flawless with astonishing speed

Those Ziess Bino's were blurry and distorted, but the Tasco glasses were phenomenal.

The Dakota Rifle was rough and unfinished but the Rossi was built like a tank and had flawless precision accuracy.

Most normal thinking people would view this not with a skeptical eye towards the products but the poster. You know the saying " Consider the source" How could it be viewed any other way? I'm sure there are some bad examples of great products. However those are the exceptions rather then the rules.

You just have to ask your self what is the agenda of folks that go out of their way to go against the well established world standards of quality?

It's just a logical thought here as a visitor and reader.

It's the curse of the sampling of one. Everyone turns out a gun that doesn't work quite right from time to time. While I'm not a fan of the grip frame of the Freedom Arms revolvers, and am a bit frustrated over that...I will admit that every last FA revolver I've personally fired (about a dozen or so over the years) has been exceptionally accurate for a factory revolver. Are they THE most accurate factory production revolvers? I don't know about that, but I'd say they're certainly in contention. Dan Wesson revolvers when the barrels are properly tensioned, and Taurus Raging series are also exceptional in the accuracy department. But I'm not a fan of Dan Wesson's lockwork at all, and Taurus revolvers are just a bit uninspiring. But the FA is just magnificently built.

Both posts are spot on

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What is so good about line boring? Do you understand the process? It is actually harder to get right and I would only trust Jack Huntington.
There is no barrel in the frame, just a fixture to start holes. Then the cylinder is removed to be chambered from the rear.
Now screw in a cheap barrel that might not have the threads and bore perfect. Make the cylinder so tight that a boolit can not pull it into alignment.
Check any Huntington revolver and see the cylinder play he left in. I wonder why he is so smart?
Most of you that dispute are just wanting a "feel good gun".
Funny nobody has shown what they brag about from the keyboard.
Make me angry? Naw, I accept stupidity in the human race, we have Obuuumber in office, don't we?
This is my 1000 yard pistol that will out shoot anything. [Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You did......

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwp475

You did......

So sad that anyone reads what you say. You have shown nothing but a few animals that cost thousands to hunt, High fence?
Never have you helped a single shooter, never have you explained how to load for accuracy, in fact you never did anything but bloat your status to have ball swingers like CraigC swing from.
I don't understand why the moderators put up with your nasty and wrong posts. You must donate a lot of money.
I have no fear of being booted, I tell the truth and any site that keeps you is not worth being on. You search sites to find me, even read sites where I am a moderator and then bash me at another site because you will never be allowed on a good site.
You have even gone to sites I was not on for 3 years, got me booted, Sites I forgot about.
So sad for so many that want to learn, need help, to listen to your bull and back stabbing junk.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What is so good about line boring? Do you understand the process?

Do you??? I guess like everything else, you have it all figured out better than those who make their living at such things.

Now screw in a cheap barrel that might not have the threads and bore perfect.

You think anybody is using a cheap barrel on a linebored conversion???

We're not the ones bragging but we typically don't shoot our groups on paint cans either. YOU are the one making the fantastic claims and YOU are the one bragging. Like I said, I'll happily drive to West Virginia and pay you $500 for a half inch group at 50yds.

...in fact you never did anything but bloat your status to have ball swingers like CraigC swing from.

Ballswingers??? How old are you? Are we in high school again???

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by jwp475

You did......

So sad that anyone reads what you say. You have shown nothing but a few animals that cost thousands to hunt, High fence?
Never have you helped a single shooter, never have you explained how to load for accuracy, in fact you never did anything but bloat your status to have ball swingers like CraigC swing from.
I don't understand why the moderators put up with your nasty and wrong posts. You must donate a lot of money.
I have no fear of being booted, I tell the truth and any site that keeps you is not worth being on. You search sites to find me, even read sites where I am a moderator and then bash me at another site because you will never be allowed on a good site.
You have even gone to sites I was not on for 3 years, got me booted, Sites I forgot about.
So sad for so many that want to learn, need help, to listen to your bull and back stabbing junk.

I was going to keep quiet but I can't stand this [bleep],

JWP has helped me and many others on multiple sites. It truly is sad to see someone who says he is only out there to teach and help others learn to shoot better, use an internet forum for a personal vendetta just to make themselves "feel" superior.

You know what they say about the loudest voice in the room......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What is so good about line boring? Do you understand the process?

Do you??? I guess like everything else, you have it all figured out better than those who make their living at such things.

Now screw in a cheap barrel that might not have the threads and bore perfect.

You think anybody is using a cheap barrel on a linebored conversion???

We're not the ones bragging but we typically don't shoot our groups on paint cans either. YOU are the one making the fantastic claims and YOU are the one bragging. Like I said, I'll happily drive to West Virginia and pay you $500 for a half inch group at 50yds.

...in fact you never did anything but bloat your status to have ball swingers like CraigC swing from.

Ballswingers??? How old are you? Are we in high school again???

You are below kindergarten. I show what can be done and have posted how until my keyboard is worn but you don't understand a single thing. All was free to help and to make everyone load better. You ARE a nut swinger to a man that has no knowledge at all.
Come here to shoot and I will take your money.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You search sites to find me, even read sites where I am a moderator and then bash me at another site because you will never be allowed on a good site.

You forget that I was a moderator on that site, at a higher level than you. I left because they actually believe your nonsense there (or at least JG believes 'some' of it) and I couldn't take any more. It has a whopping 150 members but only a scant few who actually post. It won't ever be any bigger than it is because of you and your fan club. If JWP (whom I do not even know) reads sites where you are a moderator it is because you start discussions there only to bash people and brands and it's the only place that let's you do so. Real tough to talk about people not present to defend themselves. Yes, a "good site", only good if you kiss the head man's ass. You falsely believe that if you criticize and berate respected industry folk that it will make you look more credible. In reality, it has the opposite effect.

Sorry Jim but you can't blame JWP. I don't know what you think you know but I made up my mind about you a long time ago when you posted your nonsense about 2.5"@500yd groups on SA.com. I don't need any help to figure you out.

Go "walk among the deer" a little more, I'm sure they miss you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You search sites to find me, even read sites where I am a moderator and then bash me at another site because you will never be allowed on a good site.

You forget that I was a moderator on that site, at a higher level than you. I left because they actually believe your nonsense there (or at least JG believes 'some' of it) and I couldn't take any more. It has a whopping 150 members but only a scant few who actually post. It won't ever be any bigger than it is because of you and your fan club. If JWP (whom I do not even know) reads sites where you are a moderator it is because you start discussions there only to bash people and brands and it's the only place that let's you do so. Real tough to talk about people not present to defend themselves. Yes, a "good site", only good if you kiss the head man's ass. You falsely believe that if you criticize and berate respected industry folk that it will make you look more credible. In reality, it has the opposite effect.

Sorry Jim but you can't blame JWP. I don't know what you think you know but I made up my mind about you a long time ago when you posted your nonsense about 2.5"@500yd groups on SA.com. I don't need any help to figure you out.

Go "walk among the deer" a little more, I'm sure they miss you.

You didn't quit, you were removed before I even knew you were there. I also would have removed you.
But I have witnesses to my groups and can give you the E mail to one that seen my 500 yard group. Want it? Do you want all the e mails to those I shoot with and how they will not use anything but my loads?
Where you went wrong is asking to have me removed behind my back. To PM the site owner when you seen me there was your downfall.
I have a following because I don't lie to them and most have tried my suggestions to shoot better.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You're a damned fine liar. We had a heated discussion days before your hollow, so-called apology to the board. A board, I might add, that is simply a place for you to rant and rave about industry folk and Freedom Arms. Which is why I left the treehouse club.

I was not forcibly removed or asked to leave. I resigned of my own free will, deleted the contributions I had made to that tiny community and afterwards your little pals deleted my profile. No, I did not ask that you be removed. Even your buddy JG says he does not believe everything you say, including your 500yd group so you might want to ask him about that. Despite this, the hypocrite did defend you and still does. I tried to simply avoid conflict but I knew that I would eventually clash with you, JG or both. That is because I have very little patience for willfully ignorant people. You guys have a good place over there, you can kiss each other's asses all day long with no interference from the outside world.

For the record, I have never had any quarrel with anyone from that forum but you and JG.

Your problem is that you take a singular event as basis for proven fact. You take a fluke as gospel. You jump to conclusions without enough data. Even your buddy JG said this to me. You probably really believe what you post but are too ignorant to know how flawed your conclusions are. Your frame of reference is too narrow and you outright lie about your head count. You're seeking recognition and even if you really did have something to offer, you absolutely go about it the wrong way. Perhaps too much sipping whiskey and "walking with the deer". You can't become a star by degrading Taffin and Baker.

Offer still stands, you come up here and shoot a half inch five shot group at 50yds, I'll buy you two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon.

Must we revisit what it took for Seyfried and Bowen to shoot an inch at 100yds???

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,087
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.