Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Taffin is a poor shooter, needs a Ransome rest or a young guy to shoot for him plus factory loads. Shoots 20 yards and only counts close shots. Baker is a money grabbing thief.
We might not be talking the same site so if you left on your own, you could not accept things to try because you know too much, common with all that want recognition. I don't want recognition and don't want anyone to bow to me, just try things I found. Don't like it --FINE, just go your way without being smart about it. Not a thing I ever said about loading and shooting is false and I could care less about what you think about truth with guns, it was found by real work.
Do you want the E mail? It is a friend that was with me when I shot a 6" swinger 4 out of 5 times at 400 yards with my BFR .475. First shot a sighter, friend told me where so I adjusted and hit the next 4 shots. Gave my gun to him, told him where to aim and he hit 3 out of 5. The target was what rifle guys were shooting, said I could shoot it. Some like you, packed up and went home but others came to see what we were shooting and could not believe it was a revolver.
Hard to get angry with you and if you came here to shoot you would also shoot as good with what I use. Understand it is not me, it is what I learned and anyone can do it. Too many of my friends shoot tiny targets at 100 yards with revolvers.
Hanging on coat tails of blow hards with no knowledge without seeing what thinking and work can do makes me sad. I do not hate you. Just get off the bus and do some work. I will tell you everything, PM or E mail. JWP has no idea and does not want to be proven wrong.
It stands all the time, come and shoot, you will shoot my guns and loads better then you ever thought could be done.
Whitworth was here when I shot a can at 200 yards with a BFR. Took two shots because I did not get drop right the first shot. Hit the second. He is silent and so is Lee Martin after he seen me shoot 1" targets at 100 yards.
Goes for anyone that lives close, all are welcome.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've never seen Taffin use a Ransom Rest and he only started testing at 20yds recently. I know you think it gives you an opportunity to chastise shooters for shooting handguns at 25yds but that has been the standard range for testing for a long time. His work always has extensive use of handloads. I don't worship the man or hang on his every word but his body of work is undeniable. A little jealousy perhaps???

Baker called you out for destroying somebody else's gun and that is all. You still refuse to accept responsibility for it.

Whose coat tails am I supposed to be riding, exactly? What kind of crap has JG been feeding you?

Get off the bus??? I shoot all the time. Thousands of rounds of centerfire per year and usually +20,000rds of rimfire when I can get it. I shoot and hunt on my own property regularly. I'm in the middle of construction on a $60,000 addition to the house because I've outgrown it. This is specifically for leather work, handloading, gunsmithing and a library. Probably add at least two more progressives to the loading station, so at least four presses. I also have a Ransom Rest and half a dozen inserts for testing purposes. No brag, just fact, since you and Jay seem to think that all I do is sit here and repeat stuff. I just don't brag about stupid [bleep] like fluke two or three shot groups and lucky shots. So let us please dispense with the "get off the bus" and coat tail riding nonsense.

If I'm online, it's because I'M W-O-R-K-I-N-G.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How do you destroy a gun by slugging the bore, then cleaning it. The bore is clean and lubed first. How do you destroy a barrel by shooting it? Baker is a piece of *** and will not take credit for cheap barrels that run all over the place.
The truth is JG had a huge problem with me and sent me a PM expressing how he felt. He was very angry, it was on cast boolits. He thought what I said was personal but only JWP gets personal.
I don't like that *** and never get personal unless attacked.
JG found I was not that way and we became friends, most important thing ever. I would welcome you too, just lose the chip.
Nothing I do is luck, just hard work and truth. The revolver can out shoot a rifle. No luck groups, average from hundreds.
I still will not get angry, good luck making me so, I am here to help so why don't you try things? I am 76, too stinking old to want anything or put up to some stupid status.
You are getting tempered a little, I see it. Why do we fight. I do not lie or make up stories. Just why can't we respect each other? Your last post shows you work hard, not a brag, just a hard working man due my respect.
I feel you are a good man and everyone here should show you the same respect.
Can we shake hands?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Cat fight on aisle 7. Jeeeez.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by JJHACK
As a common visitor to the site, I would consider myself pretty much a typical reader of posts here. There is an interesting way this has unfolded.

You have to ask yourself some basic questions on these posts.

If you were to read that a Rolex sucks because there was once a time piece of theirs that did not keep accurate time. But the Timex and Casio were brilliant

A Ferrari was absolute rubbish that did not handle well or go fast enough, but a Camero was brilliant and flawless with astonishing speed

Those Ziess Bino's were blurry and distorted, but the Tasco glasses were phenomenal.

The Dakota Rifle was rough and unfinished but the Rossi was built like a tank and had flawless precision accuracy.

Most normal thinking people would view this not with a skeptical eye towards the products but the poster. You know the saying " Consider the source" How could it be viewed any other way? I'm sure there are some bad examples of great products. However those are the exceptions rather then the rules.

You just have to ask your self what is the agenda of folks that go out of their way to go against the well established world standards of quality?

It's just a logical thought here as a visitor and reader.

It's the curse of the sampling of one. Everyone turns out a gun that doesn't work quite right from time to time. While I'm not a fan of the grip frame of the Freedom Arms revolvers, and am a bit frustrated over that...I will admit that every last FA revolver I've personally fired (about a dozen or so over the years) has been exceptionally accurate for a factory revolver. Are they THE most accurate factory production revolvers? I don't know about that, but I'd say they're certainly in contention. Dan Wesson revolvers when the barrels are properly tensioned, and Taurus Raging series are also exceptional in the accuracy department. But I'm not a fan of Dan Wesson's lockwork at all, and Taurus revolvers are just a bit uninspiring. But the FA is just magnificently built.

Apparently bfrshooter missed the 2 above posts are could not comprehend then. He is now playing the sympathy card a common tactic of his as the losses credibility of his claims

bfrshooter egged every chamber from over loads not from slugging them. FA didn't think that was possible until Jim minor proved that it was. FA would. Fix that revolver for a fee and Jim minor has been on smear campaign ever since. minor thought that FA should fix it for free.

He also claims that the 1 in 18 twist of a 475 FA arms will not stabilize heavy bullets, therefore he ignores the SRH 475 custom with the 1 in 18 twist as accurate as any at his place. To acknowledge would prove him wrong. Therefore he ignores the facts

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
More lies from JWP. I never shot the gun, .454 original gun. He says I egged the cylinder when I never shot it. It was brought here AFTER it would not shoot and I fixed it best I could. The owner refused to deal with the company. (How the hell do you egg a cylinder?)
Only factory loads were shot from the gun, less then 300 shots.
JWP can't prove me wrong about twist rates, can't show proof.
The amount of lies and bad attitude should have you banned from every site. You twist everything to attack. Stop sending me PM's with your rotten comments too.
I wonder how many read what you say consider you a bastard?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's one side but according to Bob Baker, president of Freedom Arms, he egged all chambers and the bore. Plus his included handloads were 20% over maximum. I do recall this being a model 97 .357, not an 83.

Your nonsense about twist rates is just wrong and so easily disproved, it's laughable.

Yes, as predicted, Miner is now playing the diplomatic victim. sick

PS, tell JG his jealousy isn't very subtle.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
That's one side but according to Bob Baker, president of Freedom Arms, he egged all chambers and the bore. Plus his included handloads were 20% over maximum. I do recall this being a model 97 .357, not an 83.

Your nonsense about twist rates is just wrong and so easily disproved, it's laughable.

Yes, as predicted, Miner is now playing the diplomatic victim. sick

PS, tell JG his jealousy isn't very subtle.

Do you have Baker's words or nut swinging from JWP? Even you do not have facts, it was an 83 in .454. Throats were egged on one side, not front to rear because the cylinder did not line up with the bore and the cone and rifling was worn away on one side.
[Linked Image]
Then the cone and barrel.
[Linked Image]
Nice ripples.
By the way, the 97 had perfect throats but bad barrels. I told you .357 throats and out of round barrels to .3599".
Seems facts elude both of you and you both lie.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You must forget what lies you tell on one forum when you start telling them on another.

I don't have the need or desire to lie. I have Baker's words. It was a model 97 .357 and your loads were up to 15.5gr and 16.0gr 296/110 with a 180gr XTP, which is 20% over published maximums by volume. He attributed the damage to improperly cast bullets and leading. But I reckon you know better than anybody in the industry, including top gunsmiths and manufacturers. Yeah.....right.

Also seems as though you've been claiming to be a gunsmith for over 50yrs but I've heard several references to you retiring from the airline industry. So who knows what is a lie and what is not???

Your own words:
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I worked for an airline 42 years and at our station, hazmat, valuables and gun shipments were locked up until the flight. We handled all of UPS shipments until they got their own planes.

You do understand that making claims no one else makes, being the sole critic of certain people & firearms and bragging about accuracy no one else is able to attain makes you look a certain way, don't you?

I don't know why you keep accusing me of being in cahoots with JWP.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There you go again, never shot the 180 XTP. But go to the reloading guide for handgun accuracy from IHMSA. Max loads for the 170 gr sierra is 16 gr of 296. The Speer 180 is 16.5 gr and the 200 gr Sierra is 16.5 gr. Since only up to the 160 gr was shot, go to the Hodgdon book and see that 16 gr is max.
Where the hell are you getting Bakers information from, you make it up, you got nothing from him.
Yes I worked for UAL 42 years plus a lot of auto and truck mechanic work, I majored in automotive. Also repaired TV's and radio in spare time. Gunsmith work also. I am a plumber, a builder, concrete man, roofer, furniture builder, electrician, name it.
What have you done when home from work?
Can you cut up a fallen oak and make this? [Linked Image]
Can you take a fallen cherry and make this? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
How about this from a maple plank? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
You only prove you know nothing about me.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Others here see what I say but you are a sad person. Darn funny I don't cuss at you isn't it, it is because you fall into stupid and I feel sorry for you. You can't and never will do what I have done and never made the custom guns I made for others. I did not waste my life. I worked.
Sad to see useless people bash others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are we having a dance off with who can make the fanciest cupboard? My gun sucks and I usually hold it wrong, but will this still get me into the cool kids club?

I drew this....
[Linked Image]

And then did this...
[Linked Image]

And ended up with this...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Are we having a dance off with who can make the fanciest cupboard? My gun sucks and I usually hold it wrong, but will this still get me into the cool kids club?

I drew this....
[Linked Image]

And then did this...
[Linked Image]

And ended up with this...
[Linked Image]

Yes, 100%, very good work. But look out if you try to help "experts."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I built this addition on my house years ago. Drew plans on home made graph paper in my basement to the last board. Poured the footer, 4' crawl space, laid 300 block and piers for the beam. Did all the wiring and plumbing, roofing and siding. Changed every window in the rest of the house. I found I was 1/8" out of square putting up drywall. Only had a string level. [Linked Image]
Other side. [Linked Image]
Some that need instructions to use toilet paper always bash those that work.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hold on while I whip this out........since we're in a "measuring" contest now. All very interesting but what has any of that got to do with this discussion?

Those are Baker's words and of course I expect you to deny it. Was that 2007 when you were going on and on about that on cast boolits???

As for the rest, I have a really hard time comprehending your incoherent sentences.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hold on while I whip this out........since we're in a "measuring" contest now. All very interesting but what has any of that got to do with this discussion?

Those are Baker's words and of course I expect you to deny it. Was that 2007 when you were going on and on about that on cast boolits???

As for the rest, I have a really hard time comprehending your incoherent sentences.

Baker's words, just where did you get his words? You only have what I said he accused me of. OOPS, a piece of lead in a barrel will make the barrel out of round! How about if the barrel is cleaned first?
You are as sad as JWP that knows nothing about powder burn, twist rates or barrel lengths. Follow the stupid man and you will see 88 gr of 4831 burns in an inch in the 300 Weatherby so it can shoot the same from 2" as it does from 26".
He has never, ever shown any proof for what he says. Just a couple of dead animals or a target shot at barrel length.
You have never done a thing in your life. Some here have shown what they did and get full respect but you have shown nothing but keyboard pounding.
The man that built his own home puts you to shame, you could never do it.
Now get off your butt and show what you do.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's all very interesting but I'm not sure how it's relevant. Must just be your way of trying to deflect and win an argument you can't win because it's built on lies. You know nothing about me, certainly not enough to pass judgement. Unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to brag, which is usually an indication of insecurity. You appear to have an abundance of that.

I know a thing or two about construction, being that my father was a construction worker, carpenter, concrete man, paver, roofer, etc, etc.. I was 8yrs old when I first helped re-roof the house and 10yrs old when we built a 4300sq-ft house from the ground up. From the footer to the shingles and everything in between. It's been 30yrs but I believe the only thing farmed out was the chimney and fireplace. None of which is relevant to this topic, unless we're just having a pissing match.

I also learned that building your own house is wonderful if you have the skill and back for it but back injuries have a way of changing your life. Me and the old man got smart enough to make enough money WITH OUR BRAINS so that now we can pay somebody else to break their back. At 39yrs old, I probably pay more in taxes than you ever made in one year, in a business that we built from the ground up. So no, you have a long way to go to impress me. It's probably best we get back to the subject at hand.

Whatever this problem is you have with JWP, it is with JWP. I'm not him, I do not speak for him so you can address me as an individual. Not a minion.

The closest thing I can post in this retort that comes even close to being on topic might be an example of "what I do" when I'm not working.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
...or a target shot at barrel length.

And how exactly do we know at what range you shoot your targets??? Any knucklehead can post anything online and claim it's something it's not. Which makes this whole thing rather silly.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You sure change the subject a lot. For the pissing contest here is a photo

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
...or a target shot at barrel length.

And how exactly do we know at what range you shoot your targets??? Any knucklehead can post anything online and claim it's something it's not. Which makes this whole thing rather silly.

A valid point that escapes him

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,016
Posts18,500,347
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.