-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A salvage before a Tikka.Come on that's just nuts.

Sako hands down

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
I have considered a Finnlite many times (actually owned one once for a few days) but I just can't get by a couple big (to me) problems:

For what it costs, the Finnlite should come with a quality stock.

I really dislike the scope mount options. It's just too limiting, and the Optilock system is massive and heavy.

The barrel lengths often seem not real good to me (22" in 25-06, or 20" in 260)

I agree with the stock and barrel comments. The mounts could be lighter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Montana's are a crap shoot.

Is that your personal experience?

A Montana is hundreds less than a Sako Finlite which has an ugly stock and in some Calibers only has 20 inch barrels.
As for at Tika, I detest rifles that only has one action length for all calibers. Pretty ugly too. I think I'd buy a Savage before I bought a Tika ( I'd buy a Tika from 30 years ago).

Love the Montanas.

I don't think the new Finnlight stocks (old ones yes ) are uglier that the Montanas...just the opposite...I would never own a Kimber no matter how good they shoot anyways after my run in with their customer service. Not a company i would support...

Rob
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7 STW

Sako hands down

My kids have them. Amazing how they grow on you. The Tikka leaves me cold. If you saw the previous rifles Tika made, the T3 shouldn't be. Allowed to carry the Tikka name. The T3 is Tikka's post 64 model 70. Just cheaper to make. Only saving grace is it's accuracy.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Salvage over Tikka, that is a laugh. Maybe if you like cleaning copper. Been there, done that.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Salvage over Tikka, that is a laugh. Maybe if you like cleaning copper. Been there, done that.

Didn't say I'd buy either personally, but if I did, good chance I'd buy the Savage.
YMMV.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by harv3589

A Montana is hundreds less than a Sako Finlite which has an ugly stock and in some Calibers only has 20 inch barrels.
As for at Tika, I detest rifles that only has one action length for all calibers. Pretty ugly too. I think I'd buy a Savage before I bought a Tika ( I'd buy a Tika from 30 years ago).

Love the Montanas.

I don't think the new Finnlight stocks (old ones yes ) are uglier that the Montanas...just the opposite...I would never own a Kimber no matter how good they shoot anyways after my run in with their customer service. Not a company i would support...

+1. Deal with Kimbers customer service. Beretta is horrible and it's still better than kimber.

I have never seen so many happy guys when their Kimbers shoot 1 to 1.5 three shot groups. I know of a few that wouldn't shoot that good. That would pizz me off.

I have owned a pile of Sako's and the only one that was a problem child is the azz burning I took here in the classifieds. That gun would shoot good groups though it just didn't like to go off every time the trigger was pulled.

Dink

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don't think the new Finnlight stocks (old ones yes ) are uglier that the Montanas

I never said uglier (though I think they are).

They are just a rubber-encased Tupperware stock, like a Hogue.

Maybe not so much uglier.

Maybe it's just personal preference, but I can't like a rubber rifle.

Last edited by WhelenAway; 12/23/13.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
AB2506 said "As for at Tika, I detest rifles that only has one action length for all calibers.". I guess he hates Pre - 64 Winchester 70s. They used a long action for all their short action calibers.

As to the question at hand. I have owned all. Multiples of Sako, 2 Tikkas. All were hammers. No issues. I have owned 3 Kimbers, 2 84s and 1 8400, as well as a buddy had a 708. Of those 1, a 308 montana was a hammer, all 3 others had problems and needed extensive tweeking to get to shoot.

Merry X-mas. Spence

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 7 STW

Sako hands down

My kids have them. Amazing how they grow on you. The Tikka leaves me cold. If you saw the previous rifles Tika made, the T3 shouldn't be. Allowed to carry the Tikka name. The T3 is Tikka's post 64 model 70. Just cheaper to make. Only saving grace is it's accuracy.

Isn't that the point?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Isn't that the point?

If that is all that is all that matters to you, you really have no appreciation for rifles at all.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Isn't that the point?

If that is all that is all that matters to you, you really have no appreciation for rifles at all.

You should try to get to know me better before you insult me.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Always get a laugh out of people that say "well its accurate, that's all that matters!"

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Always get a laugh out of people that say "well its accurate, that's all that matters!"

For me that is the no one criteria.

What good is a quality rifle that shoots three inches at 100?

Dink

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by harv3589

Love the Montanas.

+1. Deal with Kimbers customer service. Beretta is horrible and it's still better than kimber.

I have never seen so many happy guys when their Kimbers shoot 1 to 1.5 three shot groups. I know of a few that wouldn't shoot that good. That would pizz me off.

I have owned a pile of Sako's and the only one that was a problem child is the azz burning I took here in the classifieds. That gun would shoot good groups though it just didn't like to go off every time the trigger was pulled.

Dink

My Montana shoots 1" groups, but that's at 300 yards. And it is a real rifle not like one of those soulless sakos.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hntr1

My Montana shoots 1" groups, but that's at 300 yards. And it is a real rifle not like one of those soulless sakos.

Sakos, soul-less?????????????

[Linked Image]

au contraire mon frer..

[Linked Image]

maybe others, but not these,

they literally called to me before I even knew them.

They do my bidding with nary a complaint.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/23/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't that the point?

Now THAT'S pretty damn hilarious given your screen name!!! laugh

To the OP, I'm sure you could be happy with any of those mentioned. I haven't had a SAKO but my my Tikkas are so damn good, I don't know if I'll ever build another custom or buy anything else (OK, maybe in a .243 cuz Tikka twists them too slow). Had a Kimber 84M in 7-08. Nice rifle. Had a few loads that would shoot sub MOA (it really like 160 AB) but I like the slightly heavier barrel and balance on the Tikka and it waaayyy out shoots the Kimber.

I'm thinking I "need" a Tikka Swede in the future...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might add that if I ever went to a wood rifle again those SAKO Bavarians get me HARD! wink

As do Gdub's sticks...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Geedub has some sweet stuff for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by hntr1

Sakos, soul-less?????????????

[Linked Image]

au contraire mon frer..

[Linked Image]

maybe others, but not these,

they literally called to me before I even knew them.

They do my bidding with nary a complaint.

Best,

GWB

That's some good looking hardware for sure.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 65 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.