Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
That's all very interesting but I'm not sure how it's relevant. Must just be your way of trying to deflect and win an argument you can't win because it's built on lies. You know nothing about me, certainly not enough to pass judgement. Unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to brag, which is usually an indication of insecurity. You appear to have an abundance of that.

I know a thing or two about construction, being that my father was a construction worker, carpenter, concrete man, paver, roofer, etc, etc.. I was 8yrs old when I first helped re-roof the house and 10yrs old when we built a 4300sq-ft house from the ground up. From the footer to the shingles and everything in between. It's been 30yrs but I believe the only thing farmed out was the chimney and fireplace. None of which is relevant to this topic, unless we're just having a pissing match.

I also learned that building your own house is wonderful if you have the skill and back for it but back injuries have a way of changing your life. Me and the old man got smart enough to make enough money WITH OUR BRAINS so that now we can pay somebody else to break their back. At 39yrs old, I probably pay more in taxes than you ever made in one year, in a business that we built from the ground up. So no, you have a long way to go to impress me. It's probably best we get back to the subject at hand.

Whatever this problem is you have with JWP, it is with JWP. I'm not him, I do not speak for him so you can address me as an individual. Not a minion.

The closest thing I can post in this retort that comes even close to being on topic might be an example of "what I do" when I'm not working.

[Linked Image]

Now that is great work and I really like it.
But I never made a lot of money and never charged too much for the work I did, because I would never over charge for my work, I would do two jobs for the same as a cheat did for one. Doing so made me a lot of money, but not rich because I took over the entire area for TV repairs. I lived 20 miles west of Cleveland Hopkins but got TV repairs from east Cleveland to half the state south. Word of mouth and trust.
More gun work then I could handle. I would never be rich from gun work and did a lot free. I still do a lot free for friends.
Never wanted to cheat and have pride in what I did and built.
Only one thing I never got into, air conditioning so I pay for that and have a good company that does it. Yet the fan quit and I found the starter capacitor failed, bought a new one for $10 and fixed it. Was down to a neighbors, he does not live there, just a summer house. Heard noise, found the fan was not working and the compressor was HOT. I pulled the breakers and called him, told him the capacitor was shot. Cost him $90 to replace it.
Glad to see you do not follow JWP. He showed welds but I can also weld.
You are showing things about yourself that you are proud of and should know I do not lie, I really do shoot the distances.
The more you say, the more I like you, why do we argue? Your life was almost the same as mine was.
I will not respond to your posts anymore, you are an honest man and I just can't say bad against you.
You say you hurt your back and that bothers me, so how about some prayers? Will everyone else here join in?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
JWP--You dumb [bleep] I am a top certified high pressure pipe welder. You are at best a rod burner not the same.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My response--Big deal, you can't load or shoot. Tell them how to weld but you know nothing else. Could I weld the pipes, darn right.
What is the bevel angle for for cross country pipe welding? What is the electrode position, what are the internal alignment fixtures? What is the first bead called? What is the backup ring? What is the root gap without a backup ring? What is the amp change for each weld pass?
You think I am stupid?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not kosher to put PM's on the post, I admit it and apologize but it is getting out of hand. The hatred is over the mountain. I will leave by myself since it has gotten so bad.
I leave it up to good people and what I should do.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
BFR, Do you realize with all your ramblings and dick measuring BS, you sound like a loon?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seasons44
BFR, Do you realize with all your ramblings and dick measuring BS, you sound like a loon?

+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking insane

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Marbles scattered.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's so scattered and random, I can't even keep up with it anymore.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
True guys, it because of the ramblings of those that tail drag or quote others and never do the work or learn anything but want to sound smart. I work, never repeat what anyone says. The fact is most written words about shooting is from some rag writer that can't wipe his butt. Follow Taffin when he ruined his wrists by not holding guns right, then has a young guy shoot for him at 20 yards or uses a Ransome rest. Shoot six shots but only count the three or four best. Look at his latest when he ignores shots out and does not include them in the list. He will call a group 1/2 at 20 yards but had several shots that took it to 2". What a stinking liar.
Craig and JWP have never, ever shown a single thing but keyboard shooting and bluff. Never seen a picture from Craig and only large animals from JWP that anyone could shoot with money.
The net is full of liars, you think I am one, Fine go your way and suck at hind tit.

IC B3

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I own some very high quality short recoil pistols. But the three handguns I shoot the best are my Buck Mark(blowback), CZ 83(blowback) and my Detective Special in single action. The only connection between the three is a non moving barrel.

Edit: I guess there is one more thing they have in common and that is they all weigh quite a bit.

Last edited by cdb; 01/01/14.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The trigger pull and the sights make the biggest difference in my mind. Somebody told me 95% of accurate pistol shooting is in your mind.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My no. seven deer for the season. .475 BFR. One with the .44 SBH, one with a long bow and wood arrow, the rest with the BFR. [Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by whelennut
The trigger pull and the sights make the biggest difference in my mind. Somebody told me 95% of accurate pistol shooting is in your mind.

Not true, 95% is how you load for accuracy, then you. Nobody has ever failed to shoot with the right loads here and some beat me with my own loads.
I shoot no better then anyone else. I shoot better loads.
But fat heads want to challenge with no proof. Not a single fat head has posted what they do at more then a few feet or with a large animal at close range.
When I was young with vision no fat head ever could out shoot me. It was because I made guns shoot.
Too many keyboard shooters today.
Craig, you have never shown a thing. How about a golf ball at 100 yards? Get your butt over here and show me and everyone else, I will back you up if you hit. Bring 200 rounds and fail, I will do it with one shot. Not me, just accurate loads so if you shoot mine you can do it.
You are sucked into rags and false junk from fat heads.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Spot on........

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

Not true, 95% is how you load for accuracy, then you. Nobody has ever failed to shoot with the right loads here and some beat me with my own loads.
But fat heads want to challenge with no proof. Not a single fat head has posted what they do at more then a few feet or with a large animal at close range.
When I was young with vision no fat head ever could out shoot me. It was because I made guns shoot
Craig, you have never shown a thing. How about a golf ball at 100 yards? Get your butt over here and show me and everyone else, I will back you up if you hit. Bring 200 rounds and fail, I will do it with one shot. Not me, just accurate loads so if you shoot mine you can do it.

What proof have you shown? A picture of a hole through a can isn't proof of anything

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

When I was young with vision no fat head ever could out shoot me. It was because I made guns shoot.

My longest kill was a pig at 218 yards with irons on a 45 colt 325 grain hard cast.

This was taken also with a 45 colt 310 grain that I cast from a LBT mold LFN at 150 yards

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fat heads and ball swingers? How old are you??? At least we're talking about shooting now and not construction or welding. I don't know where you get t his BS you spew about me but it sounds like you're the one being prompted. You're the one whose ear is getting pee'd in. The question is, who is it exactly that has pee'd in your ear?

What do you want me to show? If my primary issue with you is your claims of shooting 1/2" groups at 50yds, how is a picture of 2" groups going to prove you wrong? How are my pictures going to be any more credible than yours? Besides the fact that I don't have your reputation as a bullshit artist. I could, just as easily as you have, shoot groups at 10yds and claim it was 50yds or 100yds. So who really cares???

However, if I did post pics of groups I've shot, it would be several consecutive five shot groups, shot at the same distance and at the same target type. I don't shoot groups on golf balls or paint cans. I don't get two shots in the same hole on a friggin' paint can and claim that that particular sixgun or brand of sixgun can shoot one hole groups "if your load is accurate". I don't take a singular, statistically insignificant event and make it gospel.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I think that loading concentric, precision ammo will improve any shooter's confidence, especially at long range when those variables cannot hide.

But at the end of the day, the ability of the shooter to align sights and make the hammer drop when a dozen things are going on is what sets shooters apart.

If an NBRSA benchrest shooter is calling an NRA High Power shooter a "Fat Head", I really don't see anything positive that will come from such bloviating.

Anyone who has succeeded at both deserves a modicum of respect, and one who has done such is usually pretty silent, leaving arguments for the masters of one, in my experience.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

I don't care how good your loads or factory ammunition is shooting, to be accurate and minimizing your dispersion it is about a consistant grip and trigger squeeze. The load is and always will be secondary, I recomend you reread "How To Hit With A Hunting Handgun" by Ross Seyfried

In regards to mind set the best shooters will always have the ability to shut out the distractions, look at shooters like David Bradshaw, its all about focus

Last edited by Seasons44; 01/02/14.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,971
Posts18,499,323
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.