Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Agreed to purchase a LNIB firearm from a well know Campfire Member. Firearm arrived at my FFL with box in Duct Tape, incomplete as minus bipod and magazine and case. Firearm was well used with marks and scratches all over it. Also arrived with substantial FFL issues. FFL is kind that can ship but cannot receive. Contact with this well respected Campfire member is very entertaining to include substantial correspondence with many half truths, accusations and failure to provide the missing parts. I am forced to accept the discrepant firearm because it cannot be returned.

Guys-beware when you agree to purchase any firearm from a anyone and make sure that you know what kind of FFL its coming from. As Always let the buyer beware.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Can we see a link to this particular classified ad?

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never heard of an FFL that can ship but not receive. I'd question that claim if I were you.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. A charger with no bipod or mag is pretty much...................
Unreal.
Then top it off with a "FFL" that can only "send". That alone is laughable........
Sorry to hear this.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Phil99
Never heard of an FFL that can ship but not receive. I'd question that claim if I were you.

Rod

+1

I certainly don't know all the ins and outs of being an FFL, but I've never heard of this either.

I'm also somewhat curious to know why you didn't directly call out the member? If the deal was as bad as you describe, others should know who the offending party is. You surely knew that would be one of the first questions to come up when you started the thread?

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
In the middle of transaction with Safariman that could not be completed due to FFL issues and firearm being nonfunctional. Firearm being returned as received because it could not be transferred. He is refusing to refund the purchase price. Box was packaged with duct tape.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This doesn't make any sense, so far.

Need more info.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The FFL it was shipped to should be able to return it to whoever sent it

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dishonest one was not the seller, but the buyer. I can put the whole pile of PM's back and forth, plus e-mails in this thread but preffered to not make a public spectacle of this mess.

I have a C&R FFL. I can ship a modern handgun anywhere, like any of you all can, but the dealer at the other end cannot ship a modern handgun back to a C&R only FFL holder. Simple as that.

Short version is this:

I saw an ad from the OP stating :

WTB-Ruger 22 Charger Pistol LNIB *****
MissouriEd Online content
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

I Wish to purchase a Ruger 22 Charger Pistol LNIB. Will pay cash, certified check, Money Order, credit card and Paypal (might even sweeten the deal with momma and the dog). PM me please with details. Thank you for looking."

A cousin of mine had one, so I allowed him to use it as trade bait for something I had, AFTER sending photos of the gun to the poster who agreed to purchase this gun. I did not and do not want a Ruger Charger pistol. Photos shoowed a scope and a bipod,, this poster said he wanted the pistol only so that is what I sent.

When the handgun arrived, I was told that there were pieces of the FFL missing somehow. I had taped the FFL in an envelope I believe, to the outside of the box as I had forgotten to put the FFL inside. Apparently some of the numbers and expiration date were missing or illegible. The VERY MOMENT I recieved notice of this, I e-mailed whole and complete copies of my C&R FFL to the poster and to his gun shop.

I was told then that I had not put in a magazine. I was SURE that I had, but no problem there either as I would ship one out immmediately.

Missouri Ed then proclaimed BEFORE I had a chance to rectify a couple of small problems that he was going to send the gun (that i did not want) back for a refund (that I do not HAVE!) spent the money, honey. On a set of used tires for my wifes car. The only reason I was selling off some good guns that I would rather have kept. After all, there was no free look offer, I had sent photos, the deal was DONE as far as I was concerned.

When I told Mr. Ed here that I would fix the problems quickly, he still declined and told me

"THE GUN IS ALREADY ON ITS WAY BACK TO YOU"

THAT, MY freinds, was a bald faced LIE. I know this because his FFL dealer called me on Monday and asked if I had a different FFL to send a modern handgun to because he could not ship this to a C&R... This, AFTER Mr. Ed here told me the gun was ALREADY EN ROUTE to me.

At this date, I have purchased and packaged up to be sent a new Ruger Magazine to the FFL, he now has a complete copy of my C&R FFL. I will send him via e-mail or fax or snail mail a copy of my drivers license and more if he wants it, but he has stated that Ed can pick up his pistol any time. The dealer ALSO stated that he thought Ed here was doing me dirty by declining a gun he had ASKED to buy, and which I had sent, and when I was MORE than willing and quick to rectify any problems to make Ed happy even to the point of buying a brand new Ruger magazine which is all boxed up and ready to go out today.

I can post up every one of the PM's and e-mails between Ed and me, and the Dealer and me, happily. But this is the short version.

I had NOT planned to bring this up in the open forum, I simply told Ed that he could pick up his gun, but that I was blockinig his e-mail address and putting his handle here on IGNORE as I did not wish to further talk with a proven liar who wanted to renig on a deal done. I DID say that I would stay in touch with his dealer in case something more is needed to accomplish the transfer.

the gun is NOT scratched up, the photos were accurate, and I don't know how Ed could even KNOW of the condition of the gun as the last I heard he had not picked it up. Maybe he did get it this morning, but when I sent it it looked like the photos as in like new.

I hope I don't have to post all of the crap Ed put into e-mails and messages here. It will not look good for him, and I was willing to let it go, but certainly ignoring him moving forward because of his dirty dealing and proven lying...

Ed, your like new gun is YOURS, and the magazine (which I SWORE I put in the box, but may have accidentally missed it) is in a box and addressed to be shipped out today.

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 12/28/13.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I agree. This sounds odd, if u are going to make an issue public, throw out all the details and names. Spence

Edit to my above, based on the above post which wasn't there when I typed my first statement, it seems pretty clear. If a return clause was not stipulated and agreed to before hand, one should not expect it.

Last edited by spence1875; 12/28/13.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All sales final wasn't specified, and you spent the money before ensuring satisfaction?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spence1875
I agree. This sounds odd, if u are going to make an issue public, throw out all the details and names. Spence

Edit to my above, based on the above post which wasn't there when I typed my first statement, it seems pretty clear. If a return clause was not stipulated and agreed to before hand, one should not expect it.

Kinda how I see it.

SDwhirlwind will be along any moment now to once again call me a narrcisistic hipocryte. About the only two descriptive adjectives he knows, in reading his old posts about me and several others (who most assuredly are not either of those things) here at the 'fire smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by safariman
The dishonest one was not the seller, but the buyer. I can put the whole pile of PM's back and forth, plus e-mails in this thread but preffered to not make a public spectacle of this mess.

I have a C&R FFL. I can ship a modern handgun anywhere, like any of you all can, but the dealer at the other end cannot ship a modern handgun back to a C&R only FFL holder. Simple as that.

Short version is this:

Campfire Guide

I Wish to purchase a Ruger 22 Charger Pistol LNIB. Will pay cash, certified check, Money Order, credit card and Paypal (might even sweeten the deal with momma and the dog). PM me please with details. Thank you for looking."

A cousin of mine had one, so I allowed him to use it as trade bait for something I had, AFTER sending photos of the gun to the poster who agreed to purchase this gun. I did not and do not want a Ruger Charger pistol. Photos shoowed a scope and a bipod,, this poster said he wanted the pistol only so that is what I sent.

When the handgun arrived, I was told that there were pieces of the FFL missing somehow. I had taped the FFL in an envelope I believe, to the outside of the box as I had forgotten to put the FFL inside. Apparently some of the numbers and expiration date were missing or illegible. The VERY MOMENT I recieved notice of this, I e-mailed whole and complete copies of my C&R FFL to the poster and to his gun shop.

I was told then that I had not put in a magazine. I was SURE that I had, but no problem there either as I would ship one out immmediately.

Missouri Ed then proclaimed BEFORE I had a chance to rectify a couple of small problems that he was going to send the gun (that i did not want) back for a refund (that I do not HAVE!) spent the money, honey. On a set of used tires for my wifes car. The only reason I was selling off some good guns that I would rather have kept. After all, there was no free look offer, I had sent photos, the deal was DONE as far as I was concerned.

When I told Mr. Ed here that I would fix the problems quickly, he still declined and told me

THAT, MY freinds, was a bald faced LIE. I know this because his FFL dealer called me on Monday and asked if I had a different FFL to send a modern handgun to because he could not ship this to a C&R... This, AFTER Mr. Ed here told me the gun was ALREADY EN ROUTE to me.

At this date, I have purchased and packaged up to be sent a new Ruger Magazine to the FFL, he now has a complete copy of my C&R FFL. I will send him via e-mail or fax or snail mail a copy of my drivers license and more if he wants it, but he has stated that Ed can pick up his pistol any time. The dealer ALSO stated that he thought Ed here was doing me dirty by declining a gun he had ASKED to buy, and which I had sent, and when I was MORE than willing and quick to rectify any problems to make Ed happy even to the point of buying a brand new Ruger magazine which is all boxed up and ready to go out today.

I can post up every one of the PM's and e-mails between Ed and me, and the Dealer and me, happily. But this is the short version.

I had NOT planned to bring this up in the open forum, I simply told Ed that he could pick up his gun, but that I was blockinig his e-mail address and putting his handle here on IGNORE as I did not wish to further talk with a proven liar who wanted to renig on a deal done. I DID say that I would stay in touch with his dealer in case something more is needed to accomplish the transfer.

the gun is NOT scratched up, the photos were accurate, and I don't know how Ed could even KNOW of the condition of the gun as the last I heard he had not picked it up. Maybe he did get it this morning, but when I sent it it looked like the photos as in like new.

I hope I don't have to post all of the crap Ed put into e-mails and messages here. It will not look good for him, and I was willing to let it go, but certainly ignoring him moving forward because of his dirty dealing and proven lying...

Ed, your like new gun is YOURS, and the magazine (which I SWORE I put in the box, but may have accidentally missed it) is in a box and addressed to be shipped out today.

MARK

Sound like a s-show so far.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
All sales final wasn't specified, and you spent the money before ensuring satisfaction?

Yep. He had seen the photos, I had sent the gun, car needed tires (bought used ones) and spent the money. No return policy was specified, but when pictures are sent first, and the gun is one that was specifically requested by the buyer, no reason to think it is not going to be a done , did, deal.

Times are tough enough around here that ANY money we get is pre spent before it even gets here. At gunbroker there is a box to check "As is, no returns" and I use it. I was hoping that here such a policy would not be needed, but maybe I need to start putting that in my replies etc.

This forum used to be a place where friends bought, sold and traded and tried to get along plus give each other a little grace like my perhaps forgetting to put the magazine in the box (All $10.00 worth - the horror!) and allowing a guy to fix any little snags if one was discovered. Like me IMMEDIATELY e-mailing complete copies of the documents needed the very MOMENT I learned that they were needed in this case, to BOTH parties.... I have had this go both ways, about evenly.

Stuff like this is pushing me to Gunbroker and other sites all the more, and I used to really love trading and buying and selling here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Let's see some pictures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by headwatermike
Originally Posted by safariman

Short version is this:

Campfire Guide

MARK

Sound like a s-show so far.

AGREED!

Which is why I, the potentially injured and lied to party, chose to keep this on the down low and merely put Mr. Ed on ignore and move along with my life. Keep it between the two of us. Unfortunate that it got brought up here as these threads have a way of deteriorating and becoming uglier than intended or needed. Usually getting excrement on all involved. I wish it had not come up, but since it did, I thought the details should then be spelled out.

If this goes on for too very long I will post up all of the conversations as I mentioned above. I hope I don't have to do that. Mr Ed has or can go get his gun, a new Ruger magazine is on its way, I don't see what the fuss is all about at this late date. I solved/fixed what was needing to be fixed as fast as was humanly possible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

Not if there were accurate photos sent first, like there were. No sir. Wrong answer there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bipod too?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If buyer was displeased, for whatever reason, and no terms of warranty were specified, you are on the hook.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,633
Posts18,474,369
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.