Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

Not if there were accurate photos sent first, like there were. No sir. Wrong answer there.

Really?

Good luck!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If buyer was displeased, for whatever reason, and no terms of warranty were specified, you are on the hook.

Again, if photos are sent and accurate, and no return policy specified or requested, I respectfully disagree. I honored my part of the deal, no reason for a refund.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I never spend the money till the buyer tells me he is happy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave
Bipod too?

Buyer asked for a price for the pistol only. I have him a low price reflecting that and he accepted.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's what I was thinking, and what if it never makes it there? Gotta be able to finish the deal not just start it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wish I had that luxury, more than that I wish that I did not have to sell off as many nice guns that I would much rather have kept over the last months, to buy basic needs and pay bills. But wishin don't make it true.

If there had been a free look period requested, or otherwise specified I would have done that. But every deal I have done before was over once an item was delivered and was as advertised or in the photos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep. Even in no return deals, here..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep. Even in no return deals, here..

That's fine. For you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wish I had that luxury, more than that I wish that I did not have to sell off as many nice guns that I would much rather have kept over the last months, to buy basic needs and pay bills. But wishin don't make it true.

If there had been a free look period requested, or otherwise specified I would have done that. But every deal I have done before was over once an item was delivered and was as advertised or in the photos.

Don't let desperation impair your judgment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
allowing a guy to fix any little snags if one was discovered.

Like not spending the money BEFORE your customer was happy, and wanted to send it back?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once again, we have folks who were not intimately involved, getting involved. Which is why when MR. Ed first tried to renig on his deal, I did not bring it up here, and kept it between the two of us, though the thought DID cross my mind more than once.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
.... sounds like buyer got the SHAFT

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...we have folks who were not intimately involved, getting involved...

All members here are entitled to know who the deadbeats are. Not saying you are one, but you might want to reexamine your ethics.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously, I can take great pictures of a completely unserviceable rig. Pix are only part of a transaction, and unless terms are specified, satisfaction on the buyer's part cannot be overlooked due to your financial circumstances.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by headwatermike
The dishonest one was not the seller, but the buyer. I can put the whole pile of PM's back and forth, plus e-mails in this thread but preffered to not make a public spectacle of this mess.

I have a C&R FFL. I can ship a modern handgun anywhere, like any of you all can, but the dealer at the other end cannot ship a modern handgun back to a C&R only FFL holder. Simple as that.

Short version is this:

I saw an ad from the OP stating :

WTB-Ruger 22 Charger Pistol LNIB *****
MissouriEd Online content
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

I Wish to purchase a Ruger 22 Charger Pistol LNIB. Will pay cash, certified check, Money Order, credit card and Paypal (might even sweeten the deal with momma and the dog). PM me please with details. Thank you for looking."

A cousin of mine had one, so I allowed him to use it as trade bait for something I had, AFTER sending photos of the gun to the poster who agreed to purchase this gun. I did not and do not want a Ruger Charger pistol. Photos shoowed a scope and a bipod,, this poster said he wanted the pistol only so that is what I sent.

When the handgun arrived, I was told that there were pieces of the FFL missing somehow. I had taped the FFL in an envelope I believe, to the outside of the box as I had forgotten to put the FFL inside. Apparently some of the numbers and expiration date were missing or illegible. The VERY MOMENT I recieved notice of this, I e-mailed whole and complete copies of my C&R FFL to the poster and to his gun shop.

I was told then that I had not put in a magazine. I was SURE that I had, but no problem there either as I would ship one out immmediately.

Missouri Ed then proclaimed BEFORE I had a chance to rectify a couple of small problems that he was going to send the gun (that i did not want) back for a refund (that I do not HAVE!) spent the money, honey. On a set of used tires for my wifes car. The only reason I was selling off some good guns that I would rather have kept. After all, there was no free look offer, I had sent photos, the deal was DONE as far as I was concerned.

When I told Mr. Ed here that I would fix the problems quickly, he still declined and told me

"THE GUN IS ALREADY ON ITS WAY BACK TO YOU"

THAT, MY freinds, was a bald faced LIE. I know this because his FFL dealer called me on Monday and asked if I had a different FFL to send a modern handgun to because he could not ship this to a C&R... This, AFTER Mr. Ed here told me the gun was ALREADY EN ROUTE to me.

At this date, I have purchased and packaged up to be sent a new Ruger Magazine to the FFL, he now has a complete copy of my C&R FFL. I will send him via e-mail or fax or snail mail a copy of my drivers license and more if he wants it, but he has stated that Ed can pick up his pistol any time. The dealer ALSO stated that he thought Ed here was doing me dirty by declining a gun he had ASKED to buy, and which I had sent, and when I was MORE than willing and quick to rectify any problems to make Ed happy even to the point of buying a brand new Ruger magazine which is all boxed up and ready to go out today.

I can post up every one of the PM's and e-mails between Ed and me, and the Dealer and me, happily. But this is the short version.

I had NOT planned to bring this up in the open forum, I simply told Ed that he could pick up his gun, but that I was blockinig his e-mail address and putting his handle here on IGNORE as I did not wish to further talk with a proven liar who wanted to renig on a deal done. I DID say that I would stay in touch with his dealer in case something more is needed to accomplish the transfer.

the gun is NOT scratched up, the photos were accurate, and I don't know how Ed could even KNOW of the condition of the gun as the last I heard he had not picked it up. Maybe he did get it this morning, but when I sent it it looked like the photos as in like new.

I hope I don't have to post all of the crap Ed put into e-mails and messages here. It will not look good for him, and I was willing to let it go, but certainly ignoring him moving forward because of his dirty dealing and proven lying...

Ed, your like new gun is YOURS, and the magazine (which I SWORE I put in the box, but may have accidentally missed it) is in a box and addressed to be shipped out today.

MARK

Sound like a s-show so far.

AGREED!

Which is why I, the potentially injured and lied to party, chose to keep this on the down low and merely put Mr. Ed on ignore and move along with my life. Keep it between the two of us. Unfortunate that it got brought up here as these threads have a way of deteriorating and becoming uglier than intended or needed. Usually getting excrement on all involved. I wish it had not come up, but since it did, I thought the details should then be spelled out.

If this goes on for too very long I will post up all of the conversations as I mentioned above. I hope I don't have to do that. Mr Ed has or can go get his gun, a new Ruger magazine is on its way, I don't see what the fuss is all about at this late date. I solved/fixed what was needing to be fixed as fast as was humanly possible.

Well, mine was an off-hand observation probably not worth adding, but since you have taken it up, I'll bite. It doesn't seem to me like you are an injured party or lied to from what has been posted. In what way have you been injured? The OP didn't even add your name to the discussion. As for being lied to, it sounds like the OP did all he could to send the package back, as he cannot legally drop it in the mail, correct? So he gave it to his FFL and asked that it be returned, that could be easily represented as "I've sent it back." Perhaps "I've refused delivery" would be more accurate, as he cannot legally sent it back. Seems like a pickle, and he seemed to accurately describe his situation as being out the money with little recourse and will end up in possession of a firearm that he clearly does not wish to own. Who is the injured party? Not my business, but it doesn't look like you!

BTW, if I were the receiving FFL dealer, I would be put off by having to take emailed paperwork. Doesn't he need original copies?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where is the O/P he is not replying back after his half ass pissing post

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP might be pissing, but the seller sure isn't helping to make that clear.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by nhFrank

Sounds like he's not going to be happy in any regard and decided to move on. Can't blame him for that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by nhFrank

I'd say OP is doing things right .... said his piece and now sitting back to see what comes of it.

Hopefully seller makes this right.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All I'll say is, more and more lately you sound like a professional victim. Are you an Obama voter?

Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.