Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gankster
I will have to say I had two dealings on a Remington 660 with Safariman. My first and last. I won't elaborate but It was not the deal I expected. Gun was at best 75% and described as like new.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Somebody get bricktop

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by buckthumper

So common you two, Give us the pm's so we all can make a FACTUAL JUDGEMENT instead of speculating.

It really isn't that complicated,

A person was seeking a LIKE NEW IN BOX firearm, my guess this was supposed to be a Christmas present(wag),

A used gun,(the cousins gun) missing 50% of the components arrives,

Potential buyer drives to FFL location, opens box, and realizes this deal is clearly not what he was seeking,

closes box, tells FFL to return box, and drives home.

LNIB doesn't mean feel free to send the remaining piecemeal items as you find/purchase them.

The entire stance that the Buyer lied, about the package already being returned, simply doesn't fly, The last thing the buyer told the FFL to do was return the package, and then he drove away. Over.

A used gun,(the cousins gun) missing 50% of the components arrives,

So he claims. Where is the photo from the pm's and reciept photos? I can say I am the king of Spain but that doen't make it true though does it?

bottom line is this.

SELLER - As a seller you should be sure the buyer is completely satisfied before you spend thier money no matter how hard up for cash you are and if they are not satisfied you should make every effort to make it right.

BUYER - I have never seen a buyer that claims to have been screwed over this bad be so reluctant to post pictures of what he recieved. You should be willing to show proof of your claims.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Boykin
Did I just read all 21 pages of this...?

same reason that Jerry Springer Show is such a big hit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
this sucks

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mikeone
I don't have enough posts to have an opinion.

Not sure thats true I know a lot of wise people who have never posted on the fire

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
It doesn't matter how many posts I have. I have bought and sold several things on here. I have gotten along with most of the folks I have met. I had a deal with a Marlin 22 mag I sold and the buyer had a problem which I gave a full refund. Honesty is the best policy. I have had dealings with folks with under ten posts and gotten treated fairly. I have dealt with folks with over ten thousand posts and gotten a bad deal. Go figure. As long as the Campfire doesn't throw me off I have just as much right to my opinion as the next member. NUF SAID

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again it really isn't that complicated,

As far as the Buyer posting pics, I'm thinking He feels he's wasted enough time on this subject, (what, a month now?) You want pics, e-mail the seller after DSC.

I think the burden of proof in this case falls on the Seller, Me, There wouldn't be a moments hesitation, if I actually had pics of a "LNIB" item, that I actually owned.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
to me, it's even simpler than that.

buyer not happy? make it right.

I will deal with low post count guys (within reason), but not somebody that has unresolved disputed transactions.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If the seller sent the buyer pics why is it so difficult for the seller to post the same pics he sent the buyer here now? Me thinks that would be the easiest way to resolve condition issue. This is another classic reason NOT to buy from anyone that is too lazy to post pics of what they are selling, there is simply NO excuse for it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recently sold a used stock and take-off barrel to a member here, who placed a WTB ad.

I described the items to the best of my ability, so there would be no surprises. After I had received his check, and then shipped the items, I sent him a pm.

It stated, "If for WHATEVER reason you are not happy with the stock, send it back and I'll refund your money."

Watch out for the canopy Goose. shocked

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I lurk here almost daily. I was only going to read the first couple of pages, but like a good book, I just couldn't put it down.
That said, I'm tempted to buy it just so I can take pics and post them myself smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every deal that I've done here has been a good experience for both the buyer and the seller. Folks have gone out of their way to make sure everything was satisfactory and that's a big part of what makes this place special.

Members can do what they want, but I'm not gonna deal with anybody here who takes a hard azzed "this is a business transaction" attitude on the Free Classifieds. That includes some of the members who are selling here as part of their business and paying Mr. Bin for the privilege to do so. I can go to a retail store for that kind of transaction, but at least there I can see and touch what I'm buying before I pay for it.

I'm better when I move.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Myself, I bracket....

under 200, over 7000, I don't trust ya,,,, whistle

A "slot limit" so to speak.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Safariman,you stated in your first post that the OP did'nt want or mention the bipod that was in the picture,and later that you will have to look for one?Why not find the one in the picture?

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I have found out that when its time for him to give money back or fix something he is a little on the short side due to financial troubles or something. But when ever there is a deal on here he is the first to make cash offers and purchase the item. Funny how we find funds in time of need!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by JimH
Safariman,you stated in your first post that the OP did'nt want or mention the bipod that was in the picture,and later that you will have to look for one?Why not find the one in the picture?

Or the fact he forgot to include the magazine and then later had to go buy a new one to ship........well which is it?
Did he even have one to begin with and was it listed in his description?
Not trying to pile on but this all sound very fishy and I sometimes do transactions on here and need to know for future references...........

G
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
G
Integrity never goes out of style, the campfire is a great place to visit and do business with other likeminded people which I have done without a problem. I hate it when members become disgruntled because of one of us making bad judgement calls. Hopefully this exchange between these 2 members will educate others that some things are just not acceptable on the Campfire so lets make 2014 a great year on the fire.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
All I'll say is, more and more lately you sound like a professional victim. Are you an Obama voter?

+1...
I can link myriad postings of sellers health and money problems, to the point where fire members have financially helped, and then i read the "I'll take it's" like for the pistols earlier this week.

I am a big time believer in helping those in need, but guys have been played and laid by this guy for a long time. I just shake my head.

Umfortunately, you are spot on and my sentiments.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by JimH

Or the fact he forgot to include the magazine and then later had to go buy a new one to ship........well which is it?
Did he even have one to begin with and was it listed in his description?
Not trying to pile on but this all sound very fishy and I sometimes do transactions on here and need to know for future references...........

Peddled the parts I'd guess. $$$$$$$

Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 47 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,388
Posts18,506,816
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.