Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by toad

I will deal with low post count guys (within reason), but not somebody that has unresolved disputed transactions.

+1

I bought a Sako from a member here that did not have 10 post. Everything went fine.

I have been burnt twice by members here with higher post count and had been around awhile. Both times it was almost a $1000 per transaction. One of these members no longers post here and the other hasn't posted since he burnt me.

Post count alone tells you nothing.

Dink

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by toad

I will deal with low post count guys (within reason), but not somebody that has unresolved disputed transactions.

+1

I bought a Sako from a member here that did not have 10 post. Everything went fine.

I have been burnt twice by members here with higher post count and had been around awhile. Both times it was almost a $1000 per transaction. One of these members no longers post here and the other hasn't posted since he burnt me.

Post count alone tells you nothing.

Dink

But the content of the posts often reveal the posters character.
100% classified ads tell damn little.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As was said before Integrity is the one thing you can not buy.

Even if i get burnt on a deal my word will still be good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with dink. I would be classified as a classified cowboy because of my low post count but I spend a lot of time in other forums. I rarely contribute as the people there know a lot more than I and it is hard to listen when u are running your mouth. Additionally I get so mad when I read those with high post counts bashing others. Safariman was doing just this over Xmas.

Eric

Last edited by 700shooter; 12/29/13.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 700shooter
I agree with dink. I would bd classified as a classified cowboy because of my low post count but I spend a lot if time in other forums. I rarely contribute as the people there know a lot more than I and it is hard to listen when u are running your mouth. Additionally I get so mad when I read those with high post counts bashing others. Safariman was doing just this over Xmas.

Eric

I couldn't agree more! I don't have a lot of spare time to peruse all the sites I am a member of and I cannot offer much to most here that have more knowledge than myself. I do however cruise the classifieds when I am needing or wanting something, for that I am guilty. I have asked once before about what the "magic" number of posts are required to be considered a solid member but I think this thread has pretty much answerd my question.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
All I'll say is, more and more lately you sound like a professional victim. Are you an Obama voter?

+1...
I can link myriad postings of sellers health and money problems, to the point where fire members have financially helped, and then i read the "I'll take it's" like for the pistols earlier this week.

I am a big time believer in helping those in need, but guys have been played and laid by this guy for a long time. I just shake my head.

Umfortunately, you are spot on and my sentiments.

It sucks slamming a guy around here, but it's safe to say that many of us have bit our tongues over the years about this situation.
If a guy really has financial or medical issues the guys on this forum are very generous. I've never seen such an outpouring of concern, kindness and generosity as the 'fire offers.

But it works both ways. When guys continually milk the system and get into 'victim mode' it's over. This place will wear a guy out just as fast over that behavior, and it should.
It's ironic this all came out due the seller's actions. Real Christian behavior would have said, 'all right, send me the things back, let's put this behind us." A man's character should go well beyond monetary value.
Very unfortunate.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You just cannot always elaborate about poor financial situations while concurrently discussing rebarreling or rechambering a rifle. It does not add up unfortunately.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gankster
It doesn't matter how many posts I have. I have bought and sold several things on here. I have gotten along with most of the folks I have met. I had a deal with a Marlin 22 mag I sold and the buyer had a problem which I gave a full refund. Honesty is the best policy. I have had dealings with folks with under ten posts and gotten treated fairly. I have dealt with folks with over ten thousand posts and gotten a bad deal. Go figure. As long as the Campfire doesn't throw me off I have just as much right to my opinion as the next member. NUF SAID

Yes Sir you did make it right by giving me a refund and we have had a transaction since then as well.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pahick
Neither, you just happened to be the dipschit above me. Sorry?

That cracked me up

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have lots of good transactions here. The only one that didn't go was with the person that this thread is against. He has been on my ignore list for some time

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
In the end, a MAN would offer a 100% refund without ever being asked.

Thank God I ain't a Christian.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
You just cannot always elaborate about poor financial situations while concurrently discussing rebarreling or rechambering a rifle. It does not add up unfortunately.

Or new (used) truck to haul his 'wheeler, dogs, decoys, guys etc.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Or new (used) truck to haul his 'wheeler, dogs, decoys, guys etc.

Well his Harley certainly can't pull all that stuff.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Deer Turd
What this thing needs is some Bricktop!

My thoughts exactly! But I probably don't have enough posts to have an opinion either.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by warpig602

Well his Harley certainly can't pull all that stuff.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Fishcat_13_2_person_pontoon#Post8400447

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not trying to kick a down dog but there is some serious things that just ain't consistent and have not been for a while. Lots of us here have much the same issues but dont advertise.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JimH
Safariman,you stated in your first post that the OP did'nt want or mention the bipod that was in the picture,and later that you will have to look for one?Why not find the one in the picture?

Because more than likely the pictures he sent were poached off the 'net and were not even of the actual gun being sold.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gankster
But when ever there is a deal on here he is the first to make cash offers and purchase the item. Funny how we find funds in time of need!!!

That is funny you say that. When I saw the ad with the pistols for sale and that they had already been sold, I said to myself , self , I bet we see those for sale down the road due to a need of some sort. ( at a nice increase in price of course).

Really I was just jealous cause I have to work and miss out on good deals like that

Sounds like a lot of money shuffling going on. Robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll be happy to tell you of all my ailments and issues.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Go

Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,416
Posts18,507,217
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.