Hop To
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by MattMan
Being fairly adept at reading sign, and the distinct odor of rodentia permeating the electronic air, I think one of the parties involved makes a pretty decent skimming from buying/trading here and running a table at gun shows, and likely never takes it in the shorts when trading, buying or selling.

Truly feel sorry for anyone dumb or trusting enough to be snowed into thinking otherwise.

Yep, no money one day and travelling over 200 miles to Missoula Mt. the next for the gun show with fuel at 3.50/4.00 a gallon respectively. Not to mention the other expenditures that would be incurred.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a lot of flipping going on there in the Classifieds. I normally won't pursue one of those guns as I know absolutely nothing about it but worst part being, seller knows nothing about it either..

If I buy a gun, I like to know it's history... kinda like "I've owned it several years just no longer need it".. not "I picked it up at the gunshow last week"..

In my location a gun that makes the gunshow table is a gun that would not move otherwise. A clunker!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
"All he asked for was the pistol".....Retarded

"I have one! but now it was my cousin's gun".......Laughable

"Going to have to try and locate a bipod", even though the gun pictured showed a bipod.....Classic

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
All this kinda has the same flair of the story about one dying and then found that he really is still alive and lurking.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could happen.

Miracles.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by GeoW
I see a lot of flipping going on there in the Classifieds. I normally won't pursue one of those guns as I know absolutely nothing about it but worst part being, seller knows nothing about it either..

If I buy a gun, I like to know it's history... kinda like "I've owned it several years just no longer need it".. not "I picked it up at the gunshow last week"..

In my location a gun that makes the gunshow table is a gun that would not move otherwise. A clunker!

You must not be a gun trader. Sometimes "I have to have something" and by the time the background check is done I am wishing I bought something else. Did I mention it takes bout five minutes to do the background check.
I have been trying to be better but.....I have bought three rifles this week.....hehehe. I am taking small steps to recovery from gun trader disease.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we all know Mark's in a tough spot. He's made that clear, perhaps dwelling on it out of desperation at his own condition, rather than to elicit sympathy, but I wouldn't know.
I am very sympathetic to him for his deteriorated condition. I wish him the best. He and Sheri are decent folks to be sure.
I've had transactions with Mark that were fine, but money is clearly a big issue in Marks life.
I know he buys and sells guns to make a profit, going to GREAT lengths to procure and secure deals he can turn a buck on.
I sympathize with being in a tight spot. We've all been there.

I am not seeing enough evidence of a bad deal in this transaction to make a judgement, just lots of anecdotal evidence. Unfortunately, a man builds his nest and the fire is speaking.

Mark, if you're reading brother, might want to do some careful evaluation and see if a different approach might be in order. Certainly wish you and your bride the best.

P.S. Might be time to send the Harley's down the road...

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/29/13.

LOL
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I like the ones who buy a rifle and then decide to "go into another direction"before they fire a round. While I imagine it does happen, it don't happen as much as you see in the classifieds. FLIP Same goes with the handguns. "Just got this _____ this week, only 10 rds down the tube ....... FLIP

OR the guy who trades for a rifle or hand gun yet doesn't know the value of that. uh huh....sure

You watch who buys what, you can tell who the flippers are

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

dangit weims, I won't be able to rid my mind of this stoopid ditty all night......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've been in plenty of tight spots and have needed money more than a few times in my life.

What I will not do is sell my integrity, not for $10 or $10 million, period.

Communication is KING, if I was in that tight I spot I'd tell the guy that I'm spending the money the moment I got it and let him know that if he wasn't happy with the item then I'd find a way to get the money back to him. I'd not tell him that nor attempt to say I have a 'No return policy' after the fact.

Integrity don't go out the window with me, regardless of my financial situation. A man has to have one thing he will never sell.

X1000!

Story after sob story after BS story....sheesh!

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sign is easy to read.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Nothing wrong with making money in this obama economy; but misrepresentation and refusal to refund monies paid, is the equivalent of theft.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man. I get off the grid for 2 days taking the family to the cabin and find this thread when I get back. I got to page 12 and gave up....what a mess.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by setch
Man. I get off the grid for 2 days taking the family to the cabin and find this thread when I get back. I got to page 12 and gave up....what a mess.

I tried to stop at page 9. Didnt work.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by warpig602
Originally Posted by setch

I tried to stop at page 9. Didnt work.

Oh yea, he's got 24 pages to go. They are the good ones.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

I like the ones who buy a rifle and then decide to "go into another direction"before they fire a round. While I imagine it does happen, it don't happen as much as you see in the classifieds. FLIP Same goes with the handguns. "Just got this _____ this week, only 10 rds down the tube ....... FLIP

OR the guy who trades for a rifle or hand gun yet doesn't know the value of that. uh huh....sure

Im a proud flipper. Not everyone can just buy what they want. I like buying a 300.00 handgun and flipping my way into a 1k rifle. Even better, i get to shoot a bunch of different guns along the way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by warpig602
Im a proud flipper. Not everyone can just buy what they want. I like buying a 300.00 handgun and flipping my way into a 1k rifle. Even better, i get to shoot a bunch of different guns along the way.

Flippin' is different than [bleep]'.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by remfak
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've been in plenty of tight spots and have needed money more than a few times in my life.

What I will not do is sell my integrity, not for $10 or $10 million, period.

Communication is KING, if I was in that tight I spot I'd tell the guy that I'm spending the money the moment I got it and let him know that if he wasn't happy with the item then I'd find a way to get the money back to him. I'd not tell him that nor attempt to say I have a 'No return policy' after the fact.

Integrity don't go out the window with me, regardless of my financial situation. A man has to have one thing he will never sell.

X1000!

Story after sob story after BS story....sheesh!

Yea, you'd think Ric would want to ban these scammers. They certainly do nothing for the integrity of the Fire.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea, you'd think Ric would want to ban these scammers. They certainly do nothing for the integrity of the Fire.

You would give up the opportunity to to attach this thread to all his upcoming listings? grin

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...8401761/1/Even_Fire_Members_Are_Dishones

Hell; I think it should be a sticky.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You would give up the opportunity to to attach this thread to all his upcoming listings? grin

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...8401761/1/Even_Fire_Members_Are_Dishones

Hell; I think it should be a sticky.

Pretty sure SM is done here, just think 22,949 wasted post. . . . .lmao

Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,144
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.