-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed, Clear something up for us would you? The pics that were sent to you and then you re-posted them here,

Is that the same gun or not?

Are you able to post pics of the current gun which is in your possession? Only takes a minute....

The coup de grace?

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
This is not face to face dealings so a refund is in order. I've read more than one thread about how safariman [bleep] me and I'll probably get to read more unless batf gets him for unlicensed interstate gun trafficking. All the "I'm so sick " bs is just that. Safariman is just a gun hustler using the free classified market here on the 24hr campfire. One minute he's so poor he can't afford tires and the next he's building a custom rifle and buying more guns to sell for profit. If you buy from safariman you might get what you paid for or you might not but he will only make it right when you call him out publicly and then it's a big if.

Yes I made a mistake in believing him on this deal. I trusted the wrong person and got bit in the azz. He has made no effort to make any thing right. Just hope that this group of good fire folks will see this and learn from my misfortune. Yes scammers, liars and thieves abound everywhere.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by warpig602
Originally Posted by setch
Man. I get off the grid for 2 days taking the family to the cabin and find this thread when I get back. I got to page 12 and gave up....what a mess.

I tried to stop at page 9. Didnt work.

Oh yea, he's got 24 pages to go. They are the good ones.

Oh hell...maybe I'll read the final 24 pages tomorrow. I'm sure this thread will still be on page 1.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seen the pics used to sell the gun. Now I want to see the pics of the actual condition of the gun. Until I see the scratches I will think that the buyer will be made whole by receiving a magazine. If the sale was actually for the "gun only" which I have not seen denied I can see the no bipod thing.
I got in a deal on another forum with a jerk who was never going to be satisfied and was just trying to beat me down on price after the fact. Not saying that happened here but in my instance I demanded a return and agreed to pay all shipping and fees. Seems like the guy was a little happier with the item at that point because he refused to return the gun for a full refund. I just do not see enough proof either way for me to ever deal with either of these guys.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Ed, Clear something up for us would you? The pics that were sent to you and then you re-posted them here,

Are you able to post pics of the current gun which is in your possession? Only takes a minute....

The coup de grace?

The gun I received is not the same gun that Safariman sent pics to me via text. I took possession of the POS gun yesterday morning and immediately put it in secure storage without taking pics. I'm leaving tomorrow on a two week trip to hunt deer in Alabama and then to Dallas for the Safari club convention and return to Missouri. I can take pics of the gun after 14 Jan. Thanks for asking.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I demanded a return and agreed to pay all shipping and fees

See; it's not all that complicated is it?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Seen the pics used to sell the gun. Now I want to see the pics of the actual condition of the gun. Until I see the scratches I will think that the buyer will be made whole by receiving a magazine. If the sale was actually for the "gun only" which I have not seen denied I can see the no bipod thing.
I got in a deal on another forum with a jerk who was never going to be satisfied and was just trying to beat me down on price after the fact. Not saying that happened here but in my instance I demanded a return and agreed to pay all shipping and fees. Seems like the guy was a little happier with the item at that point because he refused to return the gun for a full refund. I just do not see enough proof either way for me to ever deal with either of these guys.

I agreed to purchase a LNIB firearm. All Ruger chargers came with bipods, magazines and Ruger Logo case as OEM provided. I expected a LNIB to be exactly that, not missing equipment and accessories. 10-22 actions are non functional without a magazine and bipod. I now have a nonfunctional firearm, would you want this?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Frankly the title of this thread pisses me off. People are people. One of the things I've seen in life is it's easier for people to rip you off if you are willing to jump on something that sounds to good, because your greedy. Whether or not that applies to you or not, it's the old if the shoe fits deal. I've always thought if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget the pre 64 and model 21 or was it a model 12 duck gun he bought with his life savings. I have a feeling ol boy is alot better off than he lets on. Most guys that were screwed over just let it go and dont say anything. So SM just keeps going when called out he goes into the same routine thats usually gets him out of a jam. Who remembers the model 71 fiasco remember his cars were broke down and needed money to fix them...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What is "to good to be true" about a 300 dollar 10/22 with a hacked off stock?

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by EddyBo

I agreed to purchase a LNIB firearm. All Ruger chargers came with bipods, magazines and Ruger Logo case as OEM provided. I expected a LNIB to be exactly that, not missing equipment and accessories. 10-22 actions are non functional without a magazine and bipod. I now have a nonfunctional firearm, would you want this?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that picture was poached off the 'net, which would fully explain the lack of bipod and mag. Wonder if anyone could enhance that pic enough to compare serial numbers.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Pistol went from the FFL directly into storage? You didn't have your phone on you to document the damage?

How is a 10/22 not functional without a bi-pod? Did you not inquire in the agreement that the case and bipod were included?

Both ends of this deal stink, all over!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
NIB definition is on the NRA conditions standards webpage
http://www.armchairgunshow.com/Condition-NRA-Guns.htm
Which talks about all the piece parts being there

But it seems that getting those parts isn't sufficient... as Ed stated the gun has use marks.

Seems simple enough to reverse the trade.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the things I've seen in life is it's easier for people to rip you off if you are willing to jump on something that sounds to good, because your greedy.

Which part?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._WTB_Ruger_22_Charger_Pistol#Post8311855

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

The coup de grace?

The gun I received is not the same gun that Safariman sent pics to me via text. I took possession of the POS gun yesterday morning and immediately put it in secure storage without taking pics. I'm leaving tomorrow on a two week trip to hunt deer in Alabama and then to Dallas for the Safari club convention and return to Missouri. I can take pics of the gun after 14 Jan. Thanks for asking.

THAT is pure and utter horsepoop! The gun you got pictures of is EXACTLY the gun I sent you! Another whopper. Wow.....

And you asked for a price on "just the gun" so I offered the BARE gun to you for $295 and you accepted. You have a PM from me asking where to send the bi pod I have coming as well as the magazine. Today is the FIRST I heard that you thought the gun was scratched, or that you thought it should have a Bi Pod. Communicating that to me when the gun came in 8 days ago would have prevented this whole mess. I would have done what I am doing now. Getting you a Bi Pod and a magazine. No case or pouch was ever shown or discussed.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
Don't forget the pre 64 and model 21 or was it a model 12 duck gun he bought with his life savings. I have a feeling ol boy is alot better off than he lets on. Most guys that were screwed over just let it go and dont say anything. So SM just keeps going when called out he goes into the same routine thats usually gets him out of a jam. Who remembers the model 71 fiasco remember his cars were broke down and needed money to fix them...

NAWWWWW, you phuggin' dipschitt... his wife's phuggin tires wore out in TWO weeks... [Linked Image]

12/4/13-

Originally Posted by safariman
I ALMOST pulled the trigger on buying one of these at the local fun store, but thought I would try here for a day or so first. I have cash and some good trade bait if someone here has a 4 inch bble'ed Charter arms 44 Special Target Bulldog they can part with.

12/28/13-

Originally Posted by safariman
Yep. He had seen the photos, I had sent the gun, car needed tires (bought used ones) and spent the money. No return policy was specified, but when pictures are sent first, and the gun is one that was specifically requested by the buyer, no reason to think it is not going to be a done , did, deal.

Times are tough enough around here that ANY money we get is pre spent before it even gets here. At gunbroker there is a box to check "As is, no returns" and I use it. I was hoping that here such a policy would not be needed, but maybe I need to start putting that in my replies etc.

This forum used to be a place where friends bought, sold and traded and tried to get along plus give each other a little grace like my perhaps forgetting to put the magazine in the box (All $10.00 worth - the horror!) and allowing a guy to fix any little snags if one was discovered. Like me IMMEDIATELY e-mailing complete copies of the documents needed the very MOMENT I learned that they were needed in this case, to BOTH parties.... I have had this go both ways, about evenly.

Stuff like this is pushing me to Gunbroker and other sites all the more, and I used to really love trading and buying and selling here.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark, Can you take pics of that same countertop?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the latest, a THREAT of a certified letter..... when I simply asked where to send his bi pod (on its way)and magazine (in hand) that I wish to provide to make the deal a right one.

FROM ME:

ED,
I have ordered a Ruger Charger Bi Pod, still have the magazine that I purchased, and will send them together when the BiPod arrives in a few days. I really, truly did not know that a bi pod was standard equipment on a Ruger Charger or I would have insisted on that being part of the deal when I first obtained it. There has never been any intent to harm or defraud you in any way.

To what address would you like them sent?

MARK

PS still not sure why you did not make me aware of those issues or allow me to rectify them before trying to renig on the deal. As far as I knew before today, you only were concerned about the FFL, and then the magazine. I only learned today about your other concern's. Probably would have had about the same result as now, with far less angst. Awaiting an address to send the needed parts to.

Show me good wood wrapped around a CRF action, chambered in a cartridge that is among the fastest of its caliber, or don't show me at all 'cause you did it all wrong.

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Email Topic
Unread By: none

FROM ED IN RETURN!
CLICK HERE for HUGE SAVINGS on ZEISS at CAMERA LAND!
#3186269 - 9 minutes 3 seconds ago Re: Where should I send your stuff?
MissouriEd Online content
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere

You can send me a check for $295. Or you will get a certified letter.

re cash flow, did have a couple weeks ago and do have now are two different things.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Mark, Can you take pics of that same countertop?

That's his cousin's countertop..... whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All this, just to pocket 295 bucks <shakes head>

A man of principle I tell ya grin

MOLON LABE

Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 219 Wasp, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,237
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.