Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sherman is an interesting guy.

There is definitely some bad blood there. He was the leading receiver for Stanford until Harbaugh basically dropped him in the depth chart and then moved him to defense to get him out of his hair, so he had added incentive to burn Harbaugh and the 49'ers.

The guy graduated high school with a 4.2 GPA and is a Stanford grad as well - you have to have some brains to pull that off.

Comes from a working class family, his dad is a garbage man and he'd go out with dad at 4am on occasion to help him with his route growing up.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

IF... you think young Mr. Sherman was the complete and sole instigator and sole participant in the days "banter" then you are pathetically naive and ignorant of what you contend.
I agree Mr. Shermans "on air" comments were somewhat less than sportsmanlike and were probably "classless" as you describe them - but again IF you think Mr. Shermans words were unprovoked and not uttered in retaliation, then, indeed, you are ignorant and naive!

I don't doubt that trash was talked by all concerned. The difference is that most players can leave it on the field and not make complete fools of themselves on the air.

Mr. Sherman LED THE LEAGUE in interceptions this year - so again don't even try to cast aspersions upon him.

Nobody is criticizing Sherman's performance on the field, just his embarrassing performance off it.

Otherwise I agree with you, a very close and hard fought game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GPA and class don't go hand in hand...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Screw class. I want to know who's gonna cover!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I liked it the post game interview. He didn't curse and he threw out some good old fashion smack - like an old WWF interview

fun stuff.

And he is just daring Manning to test him.

makes for a good game.

You take the leading receiver for Stanford as a freshmen, and turn him into a corner - no wonder the guy is so good, he can read the offense like no one else.

I like the guy

Last edited by KFWA; 01/20/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Screw class. I want to know who's gonna cover!
Bob just bet the props

Need to wait for a weather forcast closer to game day for the rest of it

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie

I've been in the locker room with some of the best hockey players ever at charity games.

Exactly. That crap after a hockey game would get you popped in the mouth.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea. Crabtree is a "sorry receiver". He's really "mediocre". Be sure to watch the slow-mo replay. The announcers even dared to call him the "best wide receiver in college football". Huh.

[Linked Image]

That's Baron Batch, the former Pittsburgh Steeler before he blew his knee out during a kickoff return, in the background.

Last edited by 257heaven; 01/20/14.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It is what it is... But stick a microphone in anyone's mouth 30 seconds after the final play in a game like that, and very few will pull it off well. Give um a little slack.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
It is what it is... But stick a microphone in anyone's mouth 30 seconds after the final play in a game like that, and very few will pull it off well. Give um a little slack.

Actually he attacked Crabtree on a personal level in a later interview as well. That's the one I saw on Sportscenter. They didn't replay the earlier Erin Andrews interview during the sportscenter I watched last night.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crabtree video didn't show on my iPhone. Here's another link that unfortunately doesn't show the replay.

http://youtu.be/gEKjlqayLMA

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

This is a lame excuse. If you watch ANY sports at all you will see interviews right after. This includes MMA and boxing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
12th Man. Straight up hijacking from the Aggies.

I didn't care who won that game last night but I did think the roughing the kicker and knee snapped "fumble" were pretty lame.

I'll be watching the Super Bowl with the hope that it is well played and not just a commercial viewing exercise.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Here is a defensive back who was class on and off the field.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Classy players know when to trash talk.

Oxymoron......

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Classy players know when to trash talk.

Oxymoron......

No�.it's part of the game. Even NFL players from the good ole' days trash-talked. Has it gone to another level? Yes. But it's still part of the game and always will be. Basketball, football, and now even baseball. It's here to stay. But the actions off the field or after a game is what makes a man��.a man.

Only classless pieces of crap continue the antics after a game is over. Then it's not trash-talking��it's just worthless dribble and personal insult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Priest Holmes, the superb running back for the Kansas City Chiefs in the early 2000s, would shake his head every time we talked about postgame interviews. The whole thing just didn�t make any sense to him. Holmes was no taller than 5-foot-9, by midseason he probably weighed 200 pounds, he wasn�t exceptionally fast by football standards. He had blown out one knee, blew it out again, got his hip knocked out of joint and had been hit so hard he was not sure how he made it to the sidelines.....................After a game, he would need a half hour of massage and an hour in a hot tub just to feel something close to human again. This is not unique. This is football.

�Do you have any idea what kind of mental state I have to get myself into to play a game?� he would ask.

�No,� I would say.

�It�s pretty extreme,� he said. �It�s like I have to become another person. It�s like I have to become a warrior. We all do.�

.....................Then he would smile and shake his head and say, �And then, five minutes after the game ends, y�all are asking us questions about how we feel and what did we think of this play, and what�s it like to lose, and we�re supposed to talk like none of that just happened.�

.......... I have no idea what Richard Sherman has to do to himself to play professional football at the level he plays it. I have no idea what his state of mind must be like when he�s trying to match up to the violence of the moment. When Priest Holmes would finish games, he would almost never come out to his locker to talk. Sometimes, though, I would wait for him. An hour, an hour and a half. Sometimes two. The locker room would be empty. The equipment guys would ask me to turn out the lights when I left. Finally, he would limp out, and he would walk over to his locker, and he would slowly put on his clothes. And we would talk.

�I don�t see how those guys do it,� he would say of the players who had already spoken to the press. �If I had to talk right after the game, I�d say the craziest things you�ve ever heard.�

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know. I've watched tons and tons and tons of interviews on the field after games over the years and I've never seen or heard anything like that. He should have kept walking if he was out of his mind. Why stop to do the interview if you're not yourself. Take a fine or whatever happens when you don't make yourself accessible to the media. At least Priest Holmes was classy enough to know and practice restraint. I remember Priest Holmes when he played for UT. He was a beast.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idared: Sounds like you are in the sore loosers column?
Isn't Seattles team relatively NEW to the NFL?
If I recall correctly the Seattle Seahawks came into being in the year 1976!
If in some roundabout, underhanded, anger motivated way you are trying to denigrate the Seattle Seahawks then you are doing a pisspoor job of it!
THE Seattle Seahawks are nothing less than the SECOND BEST team in all of the NFL this year!
Nothing, a pipsqueak like yourself (and a few others around here!) can utter will change that!
I will say this though, the game today (the WAR!) between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49'ers was a lot CLOSER than the final score!
Seattle won that game over an EXCELLENT 49'ers team by the skin of their bloodied teeth!
And I would like to expound on that last a bit - I think the San Francisco 49'ers could have handily won that game today had things changed just a tad here and there!
And, I think the 49'ers, on any given Sunday, could best this years Denver Broncos if they played their up to par!
I am just thankful the Seahawks came from behind (twice?) and came out on top in the end.
The pictures our son sent us from THE press box at Century Link Field during the game were just awesome!
He said it was an amazing and electrifying game.
I am so happy for him to have been in the right place at the right time to get to see this game in person (and for free!).
I see the Seattle Seahawks are 1 (one!) point under-dogs to the great Denver Broncos team for the coming Super-Bowl!
I guess we'll see about that?
GO HAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A Hawks fan with Class! shocked

okok...take some lessons. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

435 members (10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 30 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,022
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.