Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
You're the intruder, coyotes are starting to pair up and claim territory, territory they will defend. It's not that complicated thank goodness. Just know that you still need to sneak in and sit at least 20 minutes before sneaking out.

Or you could try calling in some sexy nighty instead of camo. wink

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
i've been trying some marvin gaye songs i loaded, but have only called in a few fat chicks so far.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
smile

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by djones
i've been trying some marvin gaye songs i loaded, but have only called in a few fat chicks so far.

Much like coyotes circling down wind..... Buffalo Girls go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by djones

Much like coyotes circling down wind..... Buffalo Girls go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside....

Awesome, never would have thought Eminem was a campfire member. Hehe.

IC B2

L
L
I notice most replies are coming from west of the Mississippi R. At least you have more open country to hunt, and probably a higher population of coyotes than in states farther east. Where I live and hunt land is diced up into 1 miles squares with houses, businesses, and mini farms along almost every side. Calling gets responses from any and every domestic dog within hearing. Understandably, coyotes are extremely reluctant to respond because human activities start before sunrise and continue until well after sunset. I have exclusive permission to call on a large number of properties but that doesn't prevent anyone from calling right across the fence from me and that happens quite often. I could go on and on, but the point is that calling coyotes in some states is an EXTREMELY low odds way to take them because of existing conditions. Pressure from so many others doing the same thing is just one more. Anyone who thinks a 10pt buck is a trophy ought to try to call in and kill a coyote.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have kilt a few with a chicken inna cage, and the air sprayed with mixed up dog, coyote coon, piss, etc.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cisco1
I have kilt a few with a chicken inna cage, and the air sprayed with mixed up dog, coyote coon, piss, etc.

A hen or a rooster?

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
in-heat piss?......

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by keith
Randy Anderson sells a set of educational tapes by Bill Austin that is fantastic on learning how to howl and the different vocalizations of coyotes.

When you learn the coyote language, you are way ahead of the game.

I can't see where any of his stuff includes bill Austin.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny how it's always "the other guy" that's screwing everything up?

Just an observation.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by TWR
The main thing is to not sound aggressive, coyotes are social critters until they settle in to raise pups. I never use a challenge howl unless I get challenged and even then I don't want to sound like a dominate coyote. I want them to come run me off, not to decide to leave the country.

Coyotes are coming in to their mating season soon in this region. How do you put sex in a howl? wink

Wolf wistle of course. Buy it from JC whitney...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Calling has taken a serious dive in effectiveness in these parts since the popularity of E-callers has spiked. Lot of guys that call from the pickup, plenty of others that don't make it more than a few yards off the road. Once you educate them in some way, coyotes can be pretty hard to fool again. The end result is coyotes that will sit in the hills at 5-600 yards and howl at you a little before running off. I've had the greatest success with hand calls and giving them something they haven't heard. Being able to talk back using coyote sounds is also a must. Doesn't change the fact that calling is a lot tougher now than in the past.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Calling is tougher in many areas than it used to be. No question about that, but it doesn't detract from the "fun" for me. The greater the challenge, the greater the reward.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 53 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,872
Posts18,497,567
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.