Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Last night President Obama spoke about equal pay for women in the workforce.

I have known many, many, many (lucky) women, and I have never once heard of a woman being paid less than a man in any occupation, ever.

Whether they were government employees, businesswomen, doctors, writers, loan officers, whatever... Never once have I heard of a woman being paid less than a man (all things being equal of course)

It is not only the president that speaks about this. Romney went to great lengths during the election to explain what he was going to do to address this "problem" that exists in the American workforce.

Last night, the president even received a standing ovation when he commented on this.

So somebody, please explain what in the earth's holy [bleep], these people are talking about. I sincerely have no idea.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he wants women in government to be paid the same as as a high-dollar whore.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
based on everything I've read, women are **in general** less willing to work long hours than men.

It's simply a function of how child/family care is set up in our society.

For example, we pay all vets the same rate (commission).

All four males work full time but only 1 of the three females does (the one without children).

The only way to "change" this is going to be by making it easier for males to provide more childcare and/or allow for more "on site" childcare at the woman's workplace

Last edited by UtahLefty; 01/29/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just feel good rhetoric is all it is Travis. It sounds good to the uninformed masses, but has no substantive basis. If a politician's mouth is open chances are he is lying.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the most part, IME, it's a thing of the past; the people that re still beating on it are simply making something out of little but women like to feel put upon & deal through emotion, so it (continues) to work many of them up.

Just all about attempting to pander to a segment of voters...........

I've been in Manufacturing all my life........women engineers were same job classification & paid the same as the boys, for example.

MM

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm with you, don't have a clue. I think its just a bunch olf bull$hit to get a standing ovation and take attention off all the lies he has been spouting out. Hope he dies soon.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think all else being equal is the key.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have seen women get paid the same for equal jobs. The problem with women- my staff included- is they want to come to work late and leave early. Notwithstanding their 2 hour social lunch breaks. They do get paid the same but from an efficiency standpoint are subpar.

In my occupation that has a direct impact on my income. Give me a female worker who is postmenopausal and the kids are out of the house any day of the week.

At one with the gun.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
To all of you who listened to the mulatto currently hunkered down in the white house the following. - Why didn't you make good use of your time? Say doing some reloading, cleaning out the garage, or hand dipping the outhouse at camp until it is spic and span?

I think that the obama boy ran out of lies about a year into the first reign. Perhaps, like other TV personalities he needs a ghost writer. I don't know, and I don't care. I will not listen to more lies or his misbegotten BS for a single second - life just ain't that long.

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's pandering to women, thats all. He's a self centered, narcissistic punk, who now in his second term is trying to secure his legacy. He's is so shallow but media will never call him on it.

NRA Patron Member
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I went to franchise training, the franchisor told us NOT to hire women of child bearing age for key positions. Said that the chances of them taking maternity leave were too great and if they did take leave it could drive our new businesses out of business.

The guy only had about 40 years experience and had about 1,000 previous franchisees. I listened well.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He should be trying to help ALL Americans not just certain groups. If he really wants to help anyone, then he needs to help this country grow jobs for everyone, and I don't mean government jobs which should be downsized.

NRA Patron Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There was an article in the paper about a week+ ago detailing that many women who work in the AIC's own gov't receive slightly less pay for similar work done by men.. So, maybe the AIC should look at his own workforce. Maybe, if those same females can find some guts they'd all march into the Oval Office en-masse and demand equal pay..

How I'd love to hear THAT conversation..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 375fan
He's pandering to women, that's all.

Exactly.

Myself, I've done my best to ignore that piece of filth from the day he was first crowned emperor, and I will continue to do so. I don't listen to his speeches, I won't sit through his television appearances, and I do my best not to have to look a a picture of the punk.

I've been doing it for years now, and I can keep it up.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
I think all else being equal is the key.

this......course in all reality ive alsonot seen any real difference in pay cause of gender but ive also never worked anywhere where real high salaries are the norm.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In years past it was true that women didn't get paid the same for the same work. Those days are past, though.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Travis, at 38 I'm a little to young to have experienced the glass ceiling that is said to have been prevelant in the workforce. Like you I do not see evidence of it anywhere I am. Women are cops firefighters engineers CEO's DR's and if we keep [bleep] around, maybe soon president.. Politicial pandering and feel good rhetoric have already been mentioned. I mean no disrespect to the ladies, but that's all it is.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
are simply making something out of little but women like to feel put upon & deal through emotion, to it (continues) to work many of them up.

MM

This. He spends all his time trying to whip up the emotional vote, the ones that got him elected, There's two kinds of voters, and the demos have figured out that the emotional thinkers are going to be more fervent in their support and more inclined to propogate. If you think about it, it appeals to the selfish side of human nature in all of us to be told we're under appreciated and help is on the way. I feel your pain, you can trust me, I am your saviour, if only you'd elect me I could help you.

Whether it's Obama or any other politician, it's best to question WHY they say what they do, more than the content of what they say. Integrity is a thing of the past with these people, it's all about election results, not governance by an instilled set of values.
IMHO.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
are simply making something out of little but women like to feel put upon & deal through emotion, to it (continues) to work many of them up.

MM

This. He spends all his time trying to whip up the emotional vote, the ones that got him elected, There's two kinds of voters, and the demos have figured out that the emotional thinkers are going to be more fervent in their support and more inclined to propogate. If you think about it, it appeals to the selfish side of human nature in all of us to be told we're under appreciated and help is on the way. I feel your pain, you can trust me, I am your saviour, if only you'd elect me I could help you.

Whether it's Obama or any other politician, it's best to question WHY they say what they do, more than the content of what they say. Integrity is a thing of the past with these people, it's all about election results, not governance by an instilled set of values.
IMHO.

pretty much, hell my wife has been very successful in what is a largely male dominated industry....even out here in Montana where independent women are pretty common there aint alot of them in newspaper owner/publisher positions unless its as a husband/wife team.....but then again i married my wife cause she is very much the tomboy happiest at elk camp instead of a girly-girl happiest shopping and drinking with "the girls"....as she puts it she doesnt have many women friends cause she doesnt have time for their petty bullchit crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
There was a speech last night??????

Hmmm

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.