-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All of mine including my Kahr CW 9 has them. The only exception is my J-frame and that is almost always a BUG.

Don't always need them I agree but always nice to have them. True most CCW shootings start up close but nothing says they will stay that way.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
All my CCs have tritiums, after a low light training session in which the FS vial broke. Makes a significant difference for me to see the FS against the target. Two of the pistols have XS Big Dot tritium FS with rear white line. Both work well.

Given frequency of low light defensive situations NS are routine CCW equipment IMO.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glock 17 yes, S&W 642 no

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
All my primary defensive pistols do,my revolver's,xds and Kahr380 do not.The xds will probably get them this summer if carry it a lot.At the age I am now in the summer Im not out and about much after dark.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I agree with dla. Ive no night sites on any of mine either.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
To the OP question.

I don't.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I must confess that I've gravitated to Night Sights on my carry guns......while I'm not sure of what type of shooting siuation I may walk into, it may be at any given hour of the day or night and whom knows at what distance?

Seems logical to have the equipment that can handle the situations you may find yourself in.....just sayin. grin

Last edited by frogman43; 01/30/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't have night sights on my carry handguns.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla
Since I'm not in the cop business, I don't need to pull off 25yd shots at night. Not hard to hit at arms length. So I don't use night sights.

Have you ever sat in the middle of a movie theatre? I'd say it's about 25yds to the screen.

Might be a lesson there...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm thinking that most guys tend to have them if it is easy to DIY and/or inexpensive, which is why revolvers do not tend to have them unless they were factory. Glocks and dovetailed sights in general are easy to put night sights on.

I can easily imagine situations wherein the target would be in more light and thus visible and identifiable but my sights may be in the dark and thus invisible, e.g. me in my dark room/home/tipi/shelter/alley/vehicle while target is outside in the first or last 15 minutes of light or under a street light. The target could be a rabies ridden racoon, porcupine, mangy feral dog, coyote, "naked bath salts zombie" eating somebody's face, a pet orangutan gone mad eating somebody's face, a shooter on a lit up stage in a movie theater... eek

Last edited by alukban; 01/30/14.
IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dla
Since I'm not in the cop business, I don't need to pull off 25yd shots at night. Not hard to hit at arms length. So I don't use night sights.

Have you ever sat in the middle of a movie theatre? I'd say it's about 25yds to the screen.

Might be a lesson there...

Travis

If I can see a silhouette against a bright background - I can hit it. What I can't guarantee is which nipple the bullet is gonna go through smile

If I can't see my target, then I fail to see how night sights are going to help.

Anyways, I'm not in the Cop business. I don't worry about platoons of Ninjas, hostage scenarios and other wannabe-Cop fantasies. I've observed the conditions in a theater and the least of the problems would be the visibility of my sights.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you think having an invisible front sight is an advantage, more power to you.

I prefer having a front sight.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you think having an invisible front sight is an advantage, more power to you.

I prefer having a front sight.

Travis

I don't think it is an advantage. I think it is a non-issue for my reality.

Last edited by dla; 01/30/14.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds like your "reality" is that you don't need to see your front sight to hit targets.

Good luck.

Travis

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sounds like your "reality" is that you don't need to see your front sight to hit targets.

Good luck.

Travis

Yep, I must be special to not need night sights to hit a man-size target at 10 ft. I have no idea how other people have done it for hundreds of years.

Last edited by dla; 01/30/14.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
To the OP question.

I don't.

+1..........

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla

Good luck.

Travis

Yep, I must be special to not need night sights to hit a man-size target at 10 ft. I have no idea how other people have done it for hundreds of years.

Might as well file them off the handgun altogether. No need for them at night, no need for them in the day time.

Travis

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
[bleep] man many old west gunfighters filed the front sight off. And every one knows they could still shoot the rope off their buddies neck to keep them from hanging !!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ldholton
[bleep] man many old west gunfighters filed the front sight off. And every one knows they could still shoot the rope off their buddies neck to keep them from hanging !!

Could you please be quiet? I'm trying to Dremel my front sight off.

Thank you.

Travis

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I like a large front, such as the Idot or big dot, but for the rear I dont care for them to much, I can say I hate anything with 3 dots to the point I have taken a sharpie to the rear dots...

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.