Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I liked it whenever the camera panned on Peyton. The look of bewildered frustration was worth watching the whole thing for. You know Eli is happy.

I think Eli must have rubbed Peyton's head before he ran out of the tunnel or something.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Rumor has it that there's gonna be a really good supply of "like new" never worn Denver Bronco Super Bowl 2014 Champion branded t shirts and caps coming to a Goodwill near you

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah, they end up in Somalia or someplace like that.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Denver played like they were huddling around a community bong before every play.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
It was absolutely the worst I have ever seen.
Even worse that 1974 at Rice stadium, in Houston
I attended that one and I believe it was not sold out.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennyd
Broncos----second place in the SB

Yeah, but the Seahawks were next to last. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The occasional view of Mr. Ed up in the owners box was priceless.

FJB & FJT
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The game only sucked if you are a whiney Bronco's fan. How does crow taste for breakfast?

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Or you could say it was only worth watching if you're a Seahawks fan. Worst SB game I've seen. Broncos clearly weren't ready, and IMHO, that goes to coaching. Their short passing game wasn't working, and they had nothing else, couldn't adjust.

Whereas the Seahawks saw the Broncos loading up to stop the run and had a good answer for it, end-arounds.

Plus, Russell Wilson looked like the old pro, Manning sure didn't.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
It must have been pretty tough on John Elway sitting up in that box looking down. I thought maybe they'd put him in (in the context of anything would be better than what they were doing).

My favorite commercial was the Bruce Willis one. He starts out: "Great game..." Clearly this was taped before the actual game.

Unfortunately, I agree with the poster a few pages back - I was disappointed Denver scored at all.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Manning is good when he has time and patience to read the various looks of a morphing defense. He is simply better than they are at knowing what they will do.

Seattle does not play defense in that manner. They show the same 1 or 2 looks the entire game, and don't put plays in motion until after the snap. That took away the only thing that Peyton has ever been really good at.

Denver's coaches did not adjust their playcalling either--the short middle passing game was available for most of the night. Instead of going into a very quick no-huddle and taking what was available over and over, they kept Peyton in there trying to dissect the defense (when there is nothing to dissect in Seattle's defense).

Seattle's offensive play calling was just right--just enough to get it done and take what Denver would give them.

Russell Wilson is the real deal--he'll be around for a long time getting just enough done when necessary to win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
It was over on the first play of the game.

My SIL is a big Dallas fan, but really likes Peyton Manning. I explained my dislike of Manning to him.

When Landry popularized the Shotgun formation, the Officials pretty much used the the rules for the old single wing formation as far as movement allowed by the QB.

Then Manning comes along with all his shucking and jiving prior to the snap, which put the Defensive linemen at a disadvantage as far as getting off the line, and the ref allowed it.

So....... I thought that first play was Karma. I have no love for Seattle, but if Denver was destined to get beat, I'm glad it was a real humiliation.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Gotta wonder why Denver didn't kick the field goal on last possession first half. Almost as bad a decision as Bruno Mars. WTF!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Mink
Reminds me of the shellacking Chicago laid on New England back in 85. 55-10 I believe it was?

Correction....46-10

Niner's 55-10 over Denver in 1989.

Yep, XXIV

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I watched it for about 15 minutes of which about 10 were commercials.A gigantic waste of time.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was a huge success.
Everyone that was supposed to make money did. At your collective expense. I don't partake of the koolaid.

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by CRS
Peyton Manning is a class act and one helluva of a stats QB. But QB's are judged by Superbowls.

Marino?
Elway?

Jim Plunket? Explain that one!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's only worst SB ever if your a Peyton/Broncos fan.Now if your a Hawks fan on the other hand....

NRA Patron Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you're just a football fan, it was among the worst.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Denver just got out played the whole game and like they say, turn overs will kill you . Denver made to many screw up from the start to the end . The real winner in this game was Vegas on the point spread .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.