Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 375fan
It's only worst SB ever if your a Peyton/Broncos fan.Now if your a Hawks fan on the other hand....

I'm a fan of neither team so yeah, it was not a good superbowl for the everyday fan.

I said a week ago that the Seahawks would probably win it but was pulling for Peyton to get another ring. Instead, he got embarrassed on the biggest stage in football. He might be the greatest regular season QB in NFL history (debatable I know) but he just plain chokes in the playoffs.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I like the Seattle Seahawks and have nothing against them......great victory. but Denver did not even put up a fight.

Worst problem was the entertainment, Queen Where's the beefa to start things off was horrific but got worse with the Half-Time debacle. Hands down worst EVER Half-Time, bring back the wardrobe malfunction. New York, New Jersey should be ashamed !!

+1

BORING !!!!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a long time (and long suffering) Chiefs fan, the SB was everything I could have hoped for. I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first play to the last. Division rivalries die hard.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
It was over on the first play of the game.
Well-stated and spot on..

And the Fastest score at a Super Bowl ever - 12 Seconds!!!

As well as 12 Seconds to Score with Harvin's kickoff return to start the Second Half.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by M1Garand
Originally Posted by okok
I don't want to ever hear Manninng name in the same sentence with the Great Joe Montana 4-0 in SB's. crazy

I thought the same thing when I heard that..

+1. Peyton would barely qualify to lick Joe's boots. If Joe were still behind center, the Niner's would have finished the 'Hawks two weeks ago and Joe vs. Peyton would have been something to see. I don't know if there was ever anyone as cool under pressure as Joe. He loved playing in high-stakes games - the guy had ice water in his veins.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Sorry but I just don't see the RH Chili Peppers as anything resembling music.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
Sorry but I just don't see the RH Chili Peppers as anything resembling music.

The way the guy on bass jumped around and turned his head side to side so fast made me think he hit the mother lode of Nazi crank.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by bea175
Denver just got out played the whole game and like they say, turn overs will kill you . Denver made to many screw up from the start to the end . The real winner in this game was Vegas on the point spread .

Kinda looked that way to me too. Seahawks read the Bronco's play book. Nothing Denver tried was a surprise offensively or defensively.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by CRS
Peyton Manning is a class act and one helluva of a stats QB. But QB's are judged by Superbowls.

Marino?
Elway?

Jim Plunket? Explain that one!!!

One of the few too win the heisman trophy, Super Bowl MVP and he has two rings. I wonder why he is not in the HOF

Last edited by 79S; 02/03/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by John_G
I don't want to ever hear Manninng name in the same sentence with the Great Joe Montana 4-0 in SB's. crazy

+1. Peyton would barely qualify to lick Joe's boots. If Joe were still behind center, the Niner's would have finished the 'Hawks two weeks ago and Joe vs. Peyton would have been something to see. I don't know if there was ever anyone as cool under pressure as Joe. He loved playing in high-stakes games - the guy had ice water in his veins.

I just clicked on here and saw this thread & only read this page. Being from their general area & watching Archie as a kid, I'm a fan of the Mannings but you're right about Joe Montana. Remembering the many miracles I've seen that cat pull off on the field sends chills up my spine. He and Jerry Rice were phenomenal, but that's when football was real!

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Super bore!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Joe Montana would have lasted about 2 plays against the Seahawks yesterday..of course he is 58 years old.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pulled perch through a hole in the ice all day long; literally killed 'em. Good late supper.
I chose well to not watch it, as I can't stand either team, especially the Seahawks. Epitome of the NBA in pads.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
Joe Montana would have lasted about 2 plays against the Seahawks yesterday..of course he is 58 years old.

Next, someone will be suggesting that Broadway Joe would only have lasted a play or two.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That thwarted coin toss was funny as hell. grin

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It was a pretty awful game. Never mind the (disappointing to me) outcome, it was boring. If I hadn't been sh*t-faced by half time I'd have shut it off and gone for a drive somewhere to fish. Not supposed to drink and fish so I stayed home and watched the 2nd half of boring.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
Originally Posted by John_G

I just clicked on here and saw this thread & only read this page. Being from their general area & watching Archie as a kid, I'm a fan of the Mannings but you're right about Joe Montana. Remembering the many miracles I've seen that cat pull off on the field sends chills up my spine. He and Jerry Rice were phenomenal, but that's when football was real!

'Zactly. Peyton is a great guy and put up unbelievable numbers this season ... but the measure of a great quarterback is more than merely statistics. The truly great quarterback - or any athlete, for that matter - finds a way to win the big game. Montana did just that; when the pressure was on his veins were full of ice water and his mind was focussed and confident - he just KNEW he was going to win. Others, as talented as they might be, just fold under pressure because they let doubt creep in.

I had a good buddy years ago who was a golf pro. He was the full package: a great long game, super sharp iron play, a deft touch around the greens, and a fantastic putter. He won a lot of local tournaments by huge margins but settled for a job as a club pro. After playing with him one day and losing a ton of money to him for the -nth time, I asked him why he didn't consider trying the tour. He said, "Are you kidding me? I don't have the mind for it. I wouldn't hold up under the pressure. When it comes to the point where I have to sink a 10 footer or starve, I'd probably be looking for a hole to crawl into. The top pros on tour LOVE that kind of situation; the rest of us just fold up."

Montana was one of those who LOVED being in those situations. Peyton Manning? I'm not so sure.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
First of all congrats to the Hawks. I wasn't rooting for either team, because neither was the "Green n Gold". However it was obvious the Hawks wanted it more than the Broncos did.

I don't agree that it was the worst Super Bowl ever. One sided yes, but there have been blowouts before and worse statistics for the losing team compared to the winning team than yesterday. One team is going to win and one will lose. How that happens isn't always the same and there will always be happy fans and upset fans in a game like this. It is what it is.

To put things into perspective Seattle has bragging rights for one year. Next year is a new season starts and they have to win again to retain those rights. There have been repeat winners once in the last 14 years in the NFL so it isn't a sure thing by any means.

Enjoy your "day in the sun" Hawk fans. Many other teams and their fans will be gunning for you next season. wink

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idared
...To put things into perspective Seattle has bragging rights for one year. wink

You are in danger of being tarred and feathered by the other Packer fans for a statement like that! smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Being a Packer fan for over 60 years I've enjoyed many "Days in the Sun" and the bragging rights that came with it. laugh

I don't mind giving the Seattle fans some slack to celebrate their first NFL championship. There will be some hard decisions coming for them in the future dealing with the salary cap. wink

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (257 mag, 37L1, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 22 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.