Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jwp475

I have been around dogs, horse, cow, etc all of my life and IMHO that dog did not need to be shot. I would not have kicked at him nor would I have shot him.

So apply to the cop force and show everyone how the job should really be done.

I do not need to join a police force to have an opinion. My life experience with animals is valid and that dog should not have been shot.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hmmm. I can't really believe the attitudes on this thread. Some of you ought to ashamed of yourselves and if you are threatening anyone, especially LEO doing their jobs, then you probably shouldn't own firearms. No wonder North American society is in such a rapid decline.

First off, this is the case of a bad dog owner. Those dogs were not controlled in any fashion and contravened dog at large laws. It is hard to tell for sure what the lab was doing, but two large dogs were harassing the officer. He did yell at the dogs and try to shoo them away. Where was the owner? His dogs are aggressively barking and a person yelling and he doesn't come investigate. Like I said, a bad owner caused this incident.

I'm not sure whether the officer needed to shoot the dog. I did animal control work for 10 years and was in this situation many times. Never got bit (some articles of clothing were perforated though). The second large dog definitely complicates things. One dog no problem. Much harder with two. I think the LEO could have gotten to the door without shooting the dog, however I wasn't there and the video does not show things perfectly. I understand the LEO is leery having been sent to the ER before by a dog bite.

We weren't armed, but there is only one time where I would have shot a dog. It went berserk and I thought my physical safety was at risk in a confined area. If I had the City Police 40 cal Glock, no doubt I would of used it on that dog. You had to be there. Think "CUJO".

Anyways, if the dog owner had contained his dogs, LEO wouldn't have been there in the first place. If the dog owner had of responded to his dogs barking and the LEO yelling, the LEO wouldn't have shot the dog. Bad dog owner.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have been around dogs, horse, cow, etc all of my life and IMHO that dog did not need to be shot. I would not have kicked at him nor would I have shot him.

So apply to the cop force and show everyone how the job should really be done.

I donor need to join a police force to have an opinion. My life experience with animals is valid and that dog should not have been shot.

Yeah, opinions are like bum holes...I have worked with and owned animals for the majority of my life as well (who cares), and I reckon the owner should have had the sense to not let his mongrels roam.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The dog I've got now is the first dog I've ever owned that I've kept fenced in. But I never lived in a place where people called the cops for a dog running around.

That's the most disturbing part of the whole thing to me.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
Hmmm. I can't really believe the attitudes on this thread. Some of you ought to ashamed of yourselves and if you are threatening anyone, especially LEO doing their jobs, then you probably shouldn't own firearms. No wonder North American society is in such a rapid decline.

First off, this is the case of a bad dog owner. Those dogs were not controlled in any fashion and contravened dog at large laws. It is hard to tell for sure what the lab was doing, but two large dogs were harassing the officer. He did yell at the dogs and try to shoo them away. Where was the owner? His dogs are aggressively barking and a person yelling and he doesn't come investigate. Like I said, a bad owner caused this incident.

I'm not sure whether the officer needed to shoot the dog. I did animal control work for 10 years and was in this situation many times. Never got bit (some articles of clothing were perforated though). The second large dog definitely complicates things. One dog no problem. Much harder with two. I think the LEO could have gotten to the door without shooting the dog, however I wasn't there and the video does not show things perfectly. I understand the LEO is leery having been sent to the ER before by a dog bite.

We weren't armed, but there is only one time where I would have shot a dog. It went berserk and I thought my physical safety was at risk in a confined area. If I had the City Police 40 cal Glock, no doubt I would of used it on that dog. You had to be there. Think "CUJO".

Anyways, if the dog owner had contained his dogs, LEO wouldn't have been there in the first place. If the dog owner had of responded to his dogs barking and the LEO yelling, the LEO wouldn't have shot the dog. Bad dog owner.

If a LEO had an experience of being shot at during a domestic dispute call, does that give him the authority to gun down a hot-head husband on ensuing calls? The fact that he has been bitten by a dog has nothing to do with this call. My neighbors dog bit me while we evacuating for the Waldo Fire. It was a stress-filled atmosphere and I walked on his property to let him know our evac plans. His old white German bit me as I turned to walk away. Does that give the right to shoot my other neighbors dogs?

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 02/11/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread is disturbing on many levels.

It is not the original post that is so disturbing, per se... But the willingness for lines in the sand to be drawn, and the willingness to use deadly force on both sides of the argument by the participants in this conversation here.

You need to understand that more and more you're gonna see folks like me shooting folks like you.

That is appalling to me.

Rather than fix the problem, the "Us against Them" mentality will guarantee that violence will be in the forecast.

Am I the only one disturbed by this?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I watched the video and think that the cop was incompetent and manipulative...

1) he has his gun out the whole time - I wonder how many postman and pizza delivery dudes have their gun drawn and are kicking a dog that are barking and wagging their tails in their yard?

2) the cop manipulates the scene to capture it on his camera - he started the confrontation with his kicking and yelling, I think he knew that he was going to shoot a dog before he got out of the car.....he could've called the homeowner and had the dog put away or called a post office employee for 'backup'

3) on the newspaper report, several people have commented that they had problems with this cop in the past - one said that he threatened to shoot an aggressive pug. I wonder if the homeowner and his dogs have a similar poor track record.

I think the cop would make an unpleasant fry cook, a decent landfill operator unless he has some seagull phobia, or a stellar computer programmer for the obamacare website (hey, they cannot get any worse). I don't think that he serves and protects, if he does stay on the force perhaps he would benefit from some training, like watching every Andy Griffith show featuring Barney Fife.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the video.

That cop knows nothing about dogs or how to interact with them , he shows signs of cynophobia.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Am I the only boy that didn't care when Old Yeller got shot?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are not the only one disturbed by that.
I'm a cop hater though, what do I know? Course I don't go to their house and shoot them. Maybe that makes me more of a cop disliker than a hater.

No, I'm actually a cop hater.

LOL
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The cop is a pussy and the owner is a dumbass. New dogs are born everyday.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When a Glock is the only tool you have, it tends to get used more than it should. Dogs, Citizens........lots of 'em getting shot these days.

Sam......

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Yep, owner should have his animals under control at all time. My neighbor has a pit. Nice friendly dog. On his side of the fence.
Now
Why all these dog shootings lately?
What's fueling them?
Seems like it's automatic to plug any dog on sight.
It's gonna come and bite you cops in the ass pretty soon. Pun intended.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For the cops here supporting the dog shooting cop, how is it that so many people whose jobs bring them into frequent contact with dogs, e.g., carpet cleaners, plumbers, dishwasher repairmen, etc., seem to be able to go through life without shooting people's dogs?

The answer to your question is easy, those people do not [receive] intense mental and physical Gestapo training.
laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a load of bullschitt. The owner was a douche-bag letting his dogs run free, neighbors call in and some of you are now trying to tell me there was no aggressive behavior by the dog?

You are all the same people who routinely blow away stray dogs that come on to your property and yet this guy let's his have the run of the neighborhood and you fault the LEO?

He shot the 7-year-old black labrador, �Hooch,� Clubb said, though it showed no aggressive behavior.

Clubb said he suffers Parkinson�s disease, and Hooch was his trained service animal.

Bullschtt. No trained service animal acts like that towards people.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Why is it always the dog?
I'd have a much better opinion of LEO's if they'd shoot a cat once in a while.
Cats that don't scramble out of the way usually get stomped to death by cops rather than shot.

For the cops here supporting the dog shooting cop, how is it that so many people whose jobs bring them into frequent contact with dogs, e.g., carpet cleaners, plumbers, dishwasher repairmen, etc., seem to be able to go through life without shooting people's dogs?

The answer to your question is easy, those people do not under intense mental and physical Gestapo training.

No, the plumbers and such drive away and let the owner do his own plumbing, if a copper did that he would be crucified for not responding to the call.
That's not been my experience. If, for example, the propane man comes to check and fill my propane tank, he will first honk his horn when he sees that my dog is out. If I don't hear that, he calls me from his cell phone and asks me to bring my dog in. Other service personnel have conducted themselves similarly over the years. Not once have any of them left, as you describe, because my dog was out, and not once have any of them shot my dog.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Yep, owner should have his animals under control at all time. My neighbor has a pit. Nice friendly dog. On his side of the fence.
Now
Why all these dog shootings lately?
What's fueling them?
Seems like it's automatic to plug any dog on sight.
It's gonna come and bite you cops in the ass pretty soon. Pun intended.

It's not just cops. People are sick of stray and uncontrollable dogs.

I almost had to shoot one about three weeks ago. My patience is the only thing that kept the owner from having a dead dog.

And strangely enough, that very same day two stray pitbulls were shotgunned not more than 5 miles from where my incident took place.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
The cop is a pussy and the owner is a dumbass. New dogs are born everyday.

Now...that pretty much sums it up.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've shot exactly one dog, on duty, in 31 years. It was a doberman that happened to have belonged to a friend and ripped a kid off a bike. I kill more than that almost every weekend chasing the deer on our property. Some things are never gonna end good.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There's a retired cop here that had to shoot a dog in front of the Dairy Queen one summer day. It is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. And I've yet to meet somebody that doesn't die laughing when he tells the story.

Travis

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,378
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.