Hop To
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by snubbie
140 lb. Pitbull?
Yeah, I was stunned by that too. A hundred pound Pitbull is considered a freakish giant for the breed. My 70 pound male was considered huge by Pitbull standards.

[Linked Image]

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I've been around dogs specifically labs my whole life and trained them for close to 20 years. Nothing apparent in that video shows an aggressive dog. They were both wagging their tails and bouncing around.

The previous poster had it right, slow the [bleep] down, talk to the dog calmly and give it a chance to smell you, maybe a pat or 2 And head for the door.

The yelling and kicking of the dog only slum it up more but I don't see where it pinned its ears or advanced on the officer or in any way acted threatening. Hell it was barking but still wagging its tail and backing up.

Nope I see nothing threatening whatsoever. That said none of us know that dog or its owners history which may have warranted more caution. Also the dog shouldnt be let to run free.

I don't have fences on my front yard nor underground fencing but every one of my dogs knows they leave my lawn its their ass. Hell thrown a steak or ball on the sidewalk and they still won't leave my yard without permission.

That officer needs to be pulled off the streets for sure. If he can't handle a dog then hr likely can't handle people.

I also am damn sure that every LEO on this site would have handled that situation completely opposite of what was shown and the result would have been the dog put up safely and the owner dealt with and not a round fired.

+1

Doc

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

I also am damn sure that every LEO on this site would have handled that situation completely opposite of what was shown and the result would have been the dog put up safely and the owner dealt with and not a round fired.

That is because all of us are outdoorsmen, most of us have hunting dogs and some of us are professional dog handlers. None of that is a prerequsite to being a LEO.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
140 lb. Pitbull?
Yeah, I was stunned by that too. A hundred pound Pitbull is considered a freakish giant for the breed. My 70 pound male was considered huge by Pitbull standards.

That's what the scales said when he was placed into the Animal Control Shelter for post-bite quarantine and disease testing.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
140 lb. Pitbull?

Yup, named "Thor". Looked big as a horse when he came around the corner of the porch and latched onto me. No growling, no barking, just there and teeth embedded.

A friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop in Anchorage has one that big, too. His name is "Zeus".

They can be bred big.

Ed
Probably either a pure Presa Canario or a half Pitbull half Presa Canario.

Here's a typical Presa Canario. They look like huge Pitbulls.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah, that's what he looked like, coloration and all. His owner said he was registered Pit, so that's what I called him and what he was put in doggie jail as.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
the cop could have walked right passed both of them dogs, the Chihuahua was more likely to bit him..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The man should file a civil suit against the City and the Department and at least get compensation for the dog and then he should have to pay the ticket for letting he dog run loose in the streets. The cops action should be reviewed and he should be sent for more training and demoted back to meters maid or suspended .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man, that cop is an incompetent retard as well as a puzz. None of the cops I know would handle that situation that way, but none of them are the type of people who are in over their heads when a couple of dogs bark at them which that doofus obviously was. Video cop needs to seek another way to make a living even if he isn't fired, he'll be resorting to the same shoot first tactics with people if he ever finds himself in an uncomfortable situation.

That aside, the real blame is on the dog owner. You can't have dogs running loose in a suburb, it's not only against the law but also irresponsible. Accidents happen, but it seems he knew they were outside loose. Furthermore, if you know your dogs are outside unrestrained and you hear them barking their azzes off you better get your lazy loser self out there and see what's going on.

Whataburger rules.

Edit to add: with the cop in question's name I might have expected him to yell "Allahu-akbar!" and blow himself up when the dogs approached. That's what us Irish guys do, right? smile I know... I'm ignorant.

Last edited by RyeDaddy; 02/11/14.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
"And what do you do when the neighborhood dog doesn't get out, but is let out... everyday to roam the hood and crap where they please?"

Well, that hasn't happened in our neighborhood in the 5 years we've lived here.

We actually get along with our neighbors, we share more than property lines.

But it does happen..two dogs on my neighborhood alone. It is obvious the dogs in question in this article are let out by the owner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is because all of us are outdoorsmen, most of us have hunting dogs and some of us are professional dog handlers. None of that is a prerequsite to being a LEO.

Lt,

If you were this guy's superior, what would you do now? What do you think the dept. should do?

-Steve

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve

Lt,

If you were this guy's superior, what would you do now? What do you think the dept. should do?

-Steve
Boil him in oil, for starters.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
At least he was a good shot.......... Right? Maybe he meant not to kill swiftly, more just a form of a warning shot. I bet the wagging tail distracted him from making a Clean shot. Take his gun and his badge. Sorry LEO but that was a poor example of civilian judgement, let alone trained peace officer judgement.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy

That aside, the real blame is on the dog owner. You can't have dogs running loose in a suburb, it's not only against the law but also irresponsible. Accidents happen, but it seems he knew they were outside loose. Furthermore, if you know your dogs are outside unrestrained and you hear them barking their azzes off you better get your lazy loser self out there and see what's going on.

Whataburger rules.

Exactly..Why wasnt the owner checking out what all the ruckus was about.. I suspect the neighbors all want to buy the cop dinner..Cuz the dogs owner was obviously an oblivious POS.. At the end of the day, the cop certainly didnt have to shoot the dog, but its one less pain in the azz running loose in the neighborhood..Glad i live out in the sticks

A1 burger please!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah. Burgerville!

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Two of these killed a woman named Diane Whipple in the hallway of her San Francisco apartment some years ago. Just ripped her to pieces.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Here's a typical Presa Canario. They look like huge Pitbulls.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one was aggressive to a green bean. Wonder if the cop might have misinterpreted his behavior, too.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1

Exactly..Why wasnt the owner checking out what all the ruckus was about.. I suspect the neighbors all want to buy the cop dinner..Cuz the dogs owner was obviously an oblivious POS.. At the end of the day, the cop certainly didnt have to shoot the dog, but its one less pain in the azz running loose in the neighborhood..Glad i live out in the sticks

A1 burger please!

You let your dogs, kids, whatever run around unmonitored and you may find that bad things happen to them. Be it an overzealous chickin-chit cop who shoots first, a miserable rotten teen with a pellet gun zapping cats and other pets from his window, or some dikhed driving a monster truck who likes to run over animals, if you leave them out front to roam there is a chance they'll come into contact with and fall victim to one of the above and be maimed or killed. When that happens it's on you just as much as the perpetrator, cuz you should have known better.

That's why I blame the owner ultimately. Cop didn't just show up for no reason to blow something away, he was called because the neighbors complained. Again pointing to a useless dog owner.

Just the same, Officer Scaredy doesn't need to be a cop either. It's apparent to me he is not cut out for the pressure and responsibility of his job. I wasn't taking up for him, nor am I a cop if anybody got that impression.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve

Lt,

-Steve

First gather all the facts, then if it were determined that the guy screwed up, forward it to be investigated thoroughly by our IAD Division (which means sworn statements by all parties involved) and then to our Disciplinary Review Board, where they make a recommendation to the COP, who has ultimate authority. Of course, if the guy is a "loose cannon", I'd send him home 'til that decision was rendered. As I've stated many times before, 10% of all LEO's are gonna get canned, and are just waiting for the chance to show their stripes.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,872
Posts18,518,060
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.