J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jwp475

I have been around dogs, horse, cow, etc all of my life and IMHO that dog did not need to be shot. I would not have kicked at him nor would I have shot him.

So apply to the cop force and show everyone how the job should really be done.

I donor need to join a police force to have an opinion. My life experience with animals is valid and that dog should not have been shot.

Yeah, opinions are like bum holes...I have worked with and owned animals for the majority of my life as well (who cares), and I reckon the owner should have had the sense to not let his mongrels roam.

If so then you should know labs tendencies. No way in hell he should have shot that dog. No way

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If so then you should know labs tendencies. No way in hell he should have shot that dog. No way

Indeed I do, there are two of them not one hundred yards away from me as I type, they are in the yard at the corner house and are the biggest, fattest, most vicious black bastards that have ever drawn breath...and the only reason they are still drawing breath is they cannot get over the fence to maul the kids and adults walking by on their way to the local school.
I have dealt with pits, healers, rotties , shepherds, mongrels, Dobermans...and nothing I have seen are as nasty as those two, and the first time I see them out I am going to kill them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
...but there is a line of parents in front of me that have exactly the same intention.

And for those who don't like it, I do not give a f_ck.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Friendly dogs, when they are behind their yard fence, will often appear to the lily-livered to be vicious and scary. No fence, and all they want to do to passers by is give them a big hug, tails awaggin. You can't tell a thing about a dog by how they act when fenced in. Barkers in that context are often sweetly dispositioned in any other.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I would have had to return to base/office dressing room for a good hand wash and fresh uniform from playing with those two dogs on the way to the door to tell the owner to put em up.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I must be slipping as I actually read your drivel, bored I guess.

Any time you would like to test your theory about the dogs or my own disposition I would be very pleased to oblige you.

I live in Hay New South Wales and am the only JSTUART in town.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Indeed I do, there are two of them not one hundred yards away from me as I type, they are in the yard at the corner house and are the biggest, fattest, most vicious black bastards that have ever drawn breath...and the only reason they are still drawing breath is they cannot get over the fence to maul the kids and adults walking by on their way to the local school.
I have dealt with pits, healers, rotties , shepherds, mongrels, Dobermans...and nothing I have seen are as nasty as those two, and the first time I see them out I am going to kill them.

BS labs aren't viscous, just as I thought you are clueless

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well good for you, not only do you know it all...your vision is good enough to see several thousand miles.

...and you managed to do so in the dark!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Well good for you, not only do you know it all...your vision is good enough to see several thousand miles.

...and you managed to do so in the dark!

If they are vicious as you claim, then they are the first that I have heard of. As for as a now it all you need to look in the mirror my friend.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here you go, one in your neck of the woods...but it cannot really have happened as you know better.

...don't you.

Link to lab mauling child

A Pennsylvania child is recovering today after being attacked by a black lab in Bucks County. Although the attack took place several days ago, 15-month-old John Heller was re-admitted to the hospital Tuesday night after his cuts became infected.

The child was playing with his mother in James Memorial Park when a stray dog, described as a black lab or black lab mix, emerged from the nearby woods and began to bite the young boy. The dog finally released its grip after being kicked by the fiance' of the child's mother.

The boy is expected to be released from the hospital Thursday, however, he must now undergo a series of rabies shots. His mother has stated that the child may also need plastic surgery depending on how his wounds heal.

Despite a neighborhood canvas, police have not been able to locate the dog. Officials are asking for anyone with information on the animal or its owner to please contact the Pennridge police department at 215-257-5104.

Animal advocates have pointed to this recent incident as proof that any dog, regardless of breed, can pose a risk if not properly trained and supervised. While fringe groups comprised of supporters of breed specific legislation have been quite vocal in espousing the statistically incorrect belief that pit bull type dogs are more likely than other breeds to display aggression toward humans, a series of recent attacks involving other breeds has reinforced the stance held by most animal welfare and veterinary organizations that any breed is capable of biting when human negligence factors into the equation.

Several husky breed dogs have made headlines in recent months for preventable attacks on children, including two fatalities which involved unmonitored huskies being left alone with infants. In July, two-year-old Lucy Harris received numerous stitches after being attacked by a Labrador collie whose owner had accidentally allowed the dog to escape from her home. Fifteen-month-old Liana Lindsey suffered numerous bite wounds to the face after being mauled by an unsupervised seven pound Yorkshire terrier in August. Just this Monday, six-year-old Cheyenne Weastell of Britain was hospitalized after being attacked by a loose dog described to be a shepherd mix.

Although science proves that the majority of dogs are non-aggressive and extremely loyal to humans, research suggests that a host of factors can cause an animal to bite. Results from a recent Australian study showed that unaltered dogs are three times more likely to bite a human than an animal that is spayed or neutered. The same study found that chained dogs are three times more likely to bite than unchained dogs. After reviewing data from reported bite cases, researchers concluded that the majority of these dog bites could be prevented by better training and adult supervision of children with dogs.

While the recent incident involving John Heller shows no fault whatsoever on his guardian's end, the fact that black labs do not commonly live in the wild suggests that the attacking dog did belong to a human at one time. Any persons with information on the individual who was responsible for the animal are encouraged to contact the Pennridge police department.

And I am not your friend, you don't make the grade.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Here you go, one in your neck of the woods...but it cannot really have happened as you know better.

...don't you.

Link to lab mauling child

A Pennsylvania child is recovering today after being attacked by a black lab in Bucks County. Although the attack took place several days ago, 15-month-old John Heller was re-admitted to the hospital Tuesday night after his cuts became infected.

The child was playing with his mother in James Memorial Park when a stray dog, described as a black lab or black lab mix, emerged from the nearby woods and began to bite the young boy. The dog finally released its grip after being kicked by the fiance' of the child's mother.

The boy is expected to be released from the hospital Thursday, however, he must now undergo a series of rabies shots. His mother has stated that the child may also need plastic surgery depending on how his wounds heal.

Despite a neighborhood canvas, police have not been able to locate the dog. Officials are asking for anyone with information on the animal or its owner to please contact the Pennridge police department at 215-257-5104.

Animal advocates have pointed to this recent incident as proof that any dog, regardless of breed, can pose a risk if not properly trained and supervised. While fringe groups comprised of supporters of breed specific legislation have been quite vocal in espousing the statistically incorrect belief that pit bull type dogs are more likely than other breeds to display aggression toward humans, a series of recent attacks involving other breeds has reinforced the stance held by most animal welfare and veterinary organizations that any breed is capable of biting when human negligence factors into the equation.

Several husky breed dogs have made headlines in recent months for preventable attacks on children, including two fatalities which involved unmonitored huskies being left alone with infants. In July, two-year-old Lucy Harris received numerous stitches after being attacked by a Labrador collie whose owner had accidentally allowed the dog to escape from her home. Fifteen-month-old Liana Lindsey suffered numerous bite wounds to the face after being mauled by an unsupervised seven pound Yorkshire terrier in August. Just this Monday, six-year-old Cheyenne Weastell of Britain was hospitalized after being attacked by a loose dog described to be a shepherd mix.

Although science proves that the majority of dogs are non-aggressive and extremely loyal to humans, research suggests that a host of factors can cause an animal to bite. Results from a recent Australian study showed that unaltered dogs are three times more likely to bite a human than an animal that is spayed or neutered. The same study found that chained dogs are three times more likely to bite than unchained dogs. After reviewing data from reported bite cases, researchers concluded that the majority of these dog bites could be prevented by better training and adult supervision of children with dogs.

While the recent incident involving John Heller shows no fault whatsoever on his guardian's end, the fact that black labs do not commonly live in the wild suggests that the attacking dog did belong to a human at one time. Any persons with information on the individual who was responsible for the animal are encouraged to contact the Pennridge police department.

And I am not your friend, you don't make the grade.

That is outstanding you are correct I deserve better thanks for pointing that out friend. The lab the cop shot didn't need to be shot.

Glad you were able to find the exception. But not a pure lab a mixed breed

Last edited by jwp475; 02/12/14.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I see that it is very easy to sit on your chair and be a Monday morning quarterback...I was not there and the cop was, and he believed that the dog needed shooting, end of story.

Wait a minute...you weren't there either!

Let me guess, you breed Labs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And neither that or any other of the news clippings on the internet have any bearing on the fact that the dogs up the road are vicious.
But you go right on in your belief that they aren't.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
And neither that or any other of the news clippings on the internet have any bearing on the fact that the dogs up the road are vicious.

I didn't say they were or were not viscous you are now putting words in my mouth.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I didn't say they were or were not viscous you are now putting words in my mouth.

No...YOU did that.

And by stating that you called me a liar, and have done so without ever having seen the dogs yourself.

Good on yah!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now I realise that we all make silly statements when we feel strongly about things, and it would appear that you do.

So out of courtesy I am happy to overlook you insinuating that I am a liar.

(God knows I am guilty of jumping the gun myself)

Have a nice day.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

No...YOU did that.

And by stating that you called me a liar, and have done so without ever having seen the dogs yourself.

Good on yah!

No I did not call you a liar I questioned your knowledge you again are jumping to conclusions again.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You are slow...okay.

"Sir, I believe that you are mistaken in your belief" is questioning.

"BS labs aren't viscous, just as I thought you are clueless", is most definitely calling into question my honesty, particularly when you have not seen the animals in question.

Now please be nice and go play in the sand pit with the other children.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That cop knows nothing about dogs or how to interact with them

Yep. Afraid of dogs.

And the one I woulda been most worried about was the fast yellow one running around the edges, I figure the fat older black one was just all bark.

As people pointed out, any number of options existed here.

Since there was no suspicions of this being a crime scene whatever I woulda just waited a couple of minutes to see if the ruckus drew out the homeowner.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think this cop should take a stroll around Browning, MT.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (257Bob, 1OntarioJim, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 54 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.