-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That and a box of Twinkies would probably handle anything they would encounter in Oregon.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Here's a story on one of those vicious Chesapeakes
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...icer-police-officer-officer-rodney-price
Just too many of these executions happening. It's going to turn out bad for some cop soon

I ain't reading a link, but you just showed how much you know about dogs.

Haven't gotten bit yet by a doggie wagging it's tail

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jwp475
You are slow...okay.

"Sir, I believe that you are mistaken in your belief" is questioning.

"BS labs aren't viscous, just as I thought you are clueless", is most definitely calling into question my honesty, particularly when you have not seen the animals in question.

Now please be nice and go play in the sand pit with the other children.

No the statement does not call into question your honesty, it calls into question your knowledge of animals. You posted a link to back up your claim of viscous labs and the dog in the link was a mixed breed not a lab
Again labs are vicious in my 63 years not talk mixed breeds you ALS stated that the 2 you spoke of are behind a fence. Are if they are mixed breeds then any thing is possible. You take a lot for granted.

Why don't you just let it go.

Because at the moment you are amusing, slow, but amusing...particularly when you have not seen the animals in question.

Calling me slow is akin to calling Carl Lewis slow a look in the mirror will do wonders
Again I said labs aren't know for being viscous and you don't seem to differentiate them from mixed breeds

Last edited by jwp475; 02/12/14.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Fair enough, but I've never seen my dogs on a bite NOT wag their tails.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9
Fair enough, but I've never seen my dogs on a bite NOT wag their tails.

George

You both may have a point George. Our dogs ( yours-n-mine) wag their tails on a bite because they've been trained in prey drive, its all fun and games. Dogs in defensive drive bite out of fear, and are not happy to be doing so.These are untrained, fearful dogs�..also uncontrollable on a bite. Dog in prey drive is still controllable, as you well know.

Last edited by ingwe; 02/12/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I always laugh when I drive through Browning. I have never seen so many stray dogs in my life as I see in that town. They all seem pretty docile, but holy schit... there are gobs of them.

Not so many stray cats, I guess.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Absolutely, just pointing out that speaking of dogs in absolutes gets us nowhere. There are as many azzhole dogs, of all breeds, as there are azzhole owners.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That and a box of Twinkies would probably handle anything they would encounter in Oregon.

laugh

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9
There are as many azzhole dogs, of all breeds, as there are azzhole owners.

And ordinarily available in a 1 to 1 ratio grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Calling me slow is akin to calling Carl Lewis slow a look in the mirror will do wonders
Again I said labs aren't know for being viscous and you don't seem to differentiate them from mixed breeds

BS labs aren't viscous, just as I thought you are clueless

Not only are you slow you seem to have a bad memory.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I'm really trying to restrain myself from asking what level of viscosity labs are at�

OOooops! blush

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have been wondering that for a while, but apparently I am not slow enough to know the answer.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

BS labs aren't viscous, just as I thought you are clueless

Not only are you slow you seem to have a bad memory.

I remember clearly, but coming to a logical conclusion isn't your strong suite I see

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In my limited experience the barking dog is rarely anything to worry about. It is the snarling dog or worse yet, the dog that makes no sound at all that you have to worry about.

I was jogging recently and a dog came out of its yard and was right on top of me before it ever barked and/or growled and would have gotten me in the arse if I hadn't seen it at the last moment and kind of hopped. We had a standoff for 30 seconds or so and it finally retreated. I continued on jogging, and a 150 yards down the road or so looked back just to make sure. That joker was coming at me as fast as he could with his ears and tail down making no sound whatsoever. I turned around and went at him and he retreated. THAT was a dog that would have bitten me.

Barking dogs, I ignore.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
In my limited experience the barking dog is rarely anything to worry about. It is the snarling dog or worse yet, the dog that makes no sound at all that you have to worry about.

I was jogging recently and a dog came out of its yard and was right on top of me before it ever barked and/or growled and would have gotten me in the arse if I hadn't seen it at the last moment and kind of hopped. We had a standoff for 30 seconds or so and it finally retreated. I continued on jogging, and a 150 yards down the road or so looked back just to make sure. That joker was coming at me as fast as he could with his ears and tail down making no sound whatsoever. I turned around and went at him and he retreated. THAT was a dog that would have bitten me.

Barking dogs, I ignore.

If that officer would have held his cool and let the dog smell him things would have worked out much more harmonious for all concerned. I have been around more aggressive dogs than that and did not need to shoot them

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Barking dogs, I ignore.

If that officer would have held his cool and let the dog smell him things would have worked out much more harmonious for all concerned. I have been around more aggressive dogs than that and did not need to shoot them

That is the thing, dogs are dumb animals. They don't know that when the officer is posturing and acting threatening that they are about to get shot, they only know that when someone acts that way, they need to act as big and bad as they can to scare off the intruder. Dumb meets dumb and the dumb with the gun wins.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I'd at least sit up for a box of Twinkies. Might even roll over.

LOL
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W

Barking dogs, I ignore.

That is the thing, dogs are dumb animals. They don't know that when the officer is posturing and acting threatening that they are about to get shot, they only know that when someone acts that way, they need to act as big and bad as they can to scare off the intruder. Dumb meets dumb and the dumb with the gun wins.

And then antagonize it by trying to kick it. Just like poking a stick in a bee's nest.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It always helps to talk to dogs, whether you are being threatening and asserting your dominance or talking softly to let them know you are not a threat. Either will work in certain situations, but just standing there and looking threatening is guaranteed to get the kind of response you saw in that video.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/12/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Why is it always the dog?
I'd have a much better opinion of LEO's if they'd shoot a cat once in a while.

That's what I'm sayin'

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 22250rem, 219DW, 204guy, 59 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,871
Posts18,518,012
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.