Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JWP58

I didn't respond to his pm's because there was nothing to discuss.

Horse to water.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't have a dog in fight but if u had another buyer and current buyer not happy and offering to ship back on his dime seems reasonable to me. There are always to sides to story but looking at the facts this seems my be best approach where everybody is happy Just my 2 cents

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JWP58,

I for one appreciate your response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Choosing to close down communication with the buyer
No inspection period (As-Is)
Piss poor attitude and approach to entire issue

Safe to say that I'm not the only one who will NOT buy/sell/trade with you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't respond to his pm's because there was nothing to discuss.

confused

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 700shooter
Don't have a dog in fight but if u had another buyer and current buyer not happy and offering to ship back on his dime seems reasonable to me. There are always to sides to story but looking at the facts this seems my be best approach where everybody is happy Just my 2 cents

Im sorry he never asked me prior to receiving the camera if he could return it if he "didn't like it".

Lets see here.......

gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

I've sold numerous shotguns, a few AR's, tons of parts and ammo, road bikes, a truck, hunting apparel, ect, ect. I've never had an issue. In fact I've never had ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT. So you know what, 1 out of 50-60 deals is a number I can accept. You cant make everyone happy, and now I'd rather eat dog crap than give this turd his money back.

So if that makes me a "toxic seller" or whatever the heck you guys call it....fine.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
No dog in fight here either, and I ususally don't even engage in these....but, I will DITTO exactly the same summary that Fosteology took away from this. It seems that bad deals only happen with communication is ignored.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
JWP58,

I for one appreciate you response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Choosing to close down communication with the buyer
No inspection period (As-Is)
Piss poor attitude and approach to entire issue

Safe to say that I'm not the only one who will NOT buy/sell/trade with you.

Good. Im not going to cave and give his money back, eat the 42 bucks it COST ME to ship it, just because he doesn't want it. Im not going to acquiesce to his muck raking tactics.

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chit happens in the classifieds sometimes, I'm not talking about Safariman type stuff but small misunderstandings. The chit I don't get is not communicating. I sold a badlands pack to a forum member a while back. I posted pics, and came down on my price for a guy that wanted it. He let me know he got it and it looked great. 2 days later he contacted me to tell me this model didn't have a specific feature he wanted ( but did not ask if it had it before buying) I simply asked him what he wanted me to do? He wanted to send it back for a full refund, normally that would not be an issue but I paid $30 to ship the pack. I as kindly as I could stated that I would gladly take the pack back and refund him his money but I couldn't eat $30 on the pack. We kind of went back and forth and he ended up keeping it. I don't think he was thrilled but we COMMUNICATED a solution. Ignoring the guy in this case is not a good idea, you gotta talk about stuff even if you feel like you were in the right. It's easy to have misunderstandings about condition and features here in the classifieds, but not communicating is something else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just don't feel there is any excuse for zero communication after a sale but this is just me.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That's fine, you can have your opinion. Don't care, my record speaks for itself. Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

You're doing a better job of it than he ever could IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's fine, you can have your opinion. Don't care, my record speaks for itself. Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

There are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I am not passing judgement on you whether you're a dirtbag or not, I am just telling you that you did yourself no favors by ignoring a guy that purchased an item from you. There is no excuse for that. Its a big "f**k you" to the buyer and its ridiculous. Your attitude sucks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM
Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

You're doing a better job of it than he ever could IMO.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How? By providing actual feedback on some previous sells I've had? Or is it the honesty that bothers you?

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I disagree. Your attitude and unwillingness to even discuss the matter with the buyer like a reasonable adult speaks volumes....

Step back, cool off and think about it. Put yourself in his position. If you felt a deal wasn't as advertised, and/or there was an issue, and the seller wouldn't even discuss the matter, how would you feel?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How? By providing actual feedback on some previous sells I've had? Or is it the honesty that bothers you?

Previous sales don't matter. You chose to ignore a person that bought a camera from you and didn't feel it was worth your time to discuss his concerns with him. Thats chicken chit IMO.

The fact that you are pissed that he took this public after you ignored him privately is amazing. Did you think that if you ignored him long enough it would just go away?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds to me like the buyer was trying to communicate with the seller but the seller doesn't care to communicate with the buyer once he has his money.

The op was sent a lens that didn't work with the camera that came with it, how does that happen?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,443
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.