Home
Posted By: matt_gu3 Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
I really didn't want to make this a public deal but at this point I think it is the only way I'm going to get JWP58's attention.
I purchased a camera from JWP58 that turns out to have some issues. Here is my original PM to him: My wife likes the thought of a second camera. She just wants to make sure there aren't any issues. If no issues we will take it.

Matt

Here is his response: None. No scuffs, scratches, ect. The lenses are perfect. If you want it, i'll take a USPS money for $320 (Im guessing it will be about $20 to ship it). Just let me know so I can post it SPF.

Also it comes with all instructional manuals and original box. (I removed his personal info).

The Camera showed up and has some issues. here is the PM I sent to him letting him know: James, the camera got here yesterday afternoon.
There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D. The inside of the camera will need a professional cleaning. If it was just the cleaning we would just get it done but since the lens isn't working correctly I would like to send this back to you for a refund. I'm hoping you understand. I of course will cover the return shipping.

Matt

I have been waiting 4 days for a response. He read the PM within an hour of me sending it. I guess I am just going to end up stuck with some faulty equipment. Just beware when you are dealing with JWP58.

Matt
Posted By: Powerguy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Thank goodness it wasn't a pre 64

or this would turn into 125 pages
Posted By: gankster Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
That seems to happen a lot on here lately. Look and the recent posts. If a person sells something on here he should stand behind it.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Thank goodness it wasn't a pre 64

or this would turn into 125 pages

Sill might. Sounds like it didn't come with the bipod whistle
Posted By: gankster Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Or a Savage striker.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
I'm not ruling that out yet. laugh

Hate hearing this stuff on here. I have done hundreds of deals with members and not a single problem I can recall.

Hope this gets worked out without turning into a circus........
Posted By: matt_gu3 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
I don't want a circus either 2MG. I have had many good deals here also. Don't let a couple ruin the bunch.

Matt
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Agreed. Most folks here are top notch. I hope JWP steps up to the plate......
Posted By: tipmover Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Matt is a good dude...

Hope this issue gets resolved buddy!
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
popcorn time, that said hope it turns out good for you
Posted By: EricM Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
4 days with no response after reading the PM = unsat.

Eric
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
Anyone else dealt with JWP58? Anyone know him/her?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
He has been on here today
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/12/14
That speaks volumes....
Posted By: slg888 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
I usually stay away from electronic items FS, but do remember the post by JWP58. Sorry to hear your being ignored, obviously he is another f*cking [bleep] trying to scalp $320 from a stranger on the internet.

Post up his name/address if he doesn't come forward to protect others.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Maybe he's out buying tires
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Has been a few weeks

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...12367/Re_Canon_Rebel_XT_350D#Post8512367
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Some call me naive but I like to give a man every benefit of doubt. If I felt that I had to do a call out thread, it would go something like this:

Subject: (Campfire Members Name)

Hey man, I'm hoping to reach you and am having problems doing so. I don't mean to put you on the spot here. I'm just hoping some mutual friends here can reach you.

I look forward to completing our transaction. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Respectfully,
HAJ

I don't like reading about business that belongs between two adults. I don't mind using the networking power of the Campfire to help with communications though.
Posted By: matt_gu3 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Hug, I hear you. That is why I created another thread yesterday asking if anyone knows him. I also sent additional PM's asking him to respond��..No luck.

Matt
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
If a person sends a PM to another member and the messages are being read and ignored, then something is up.....
Possibly could be a missing bipod or clip or......
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
He was probably selling it for his BIL.
It was shipped from a C&R FFL holder and it cant be shipped back
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Originally Posted by huntsonora

LMAO- that's funny, took me a minute to get it.
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
You guys are making my day. Thanks for the laughs.

Just to let everyone know I sold that Charger to a fire member who has repaired and refurbished it and is providing to a young lad as a gift. For the most part all has worked out ok.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Or he is busy trying to find out why he hasn't received his paracord sling yet.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Cut the guy some slack, I hear he has kidney/liver/pancreas/appendix/bowel/(did I forget one?) issues.

He's not from Oregon, is he?

P
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Post his name and address.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
I've had JWP58 on ignore forever. Can't tell ya why; but they make ignore, they ain't coming back.
Posted By: slm9s Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Maybe he's only 15 years old. (remember that guy!)
Posted By: byc Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Originally Posted by slm9s
Maybe he's only 15 years old. (remember that guy!)

okok??!
Posted By: Greenbrier Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Very sorry to hear this is happening to you. I sure hope he makes good on this.
Any word yet?
Posted By: JWP58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
ARE YOU [bleep] KIDDING ME?????

No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Bottom line the camera was sold as is and in working order. I've sold numerous firearms on this website, M4carbine.net, armslist, and AR15.com. I HAVE NEVER had a problem or an issue.

I am not a dirt bag. This is complete bullshit and Im not going to cave and take it back and give you your money back, jerk. You can attempt to drag me through the mud as much as you want.

Just be honest "matt", you didn't want it and now you're doing whatever you can to get your money back.....be honest with everyone. I am not walmart, I do not take returns simply because you decided you didn't want it.
Posted By: tack Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
He has logged in since your request with no response therefore
he just made #46 on my Toxic Seller List.
Originally Posted by tack

I responded before you posted that ^^^^ FYI
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Would you consider PMing me your toxic seller list? I'd love to have it.
Originally Posted by RememberBaker

Would you consider PMing me your toxic seller list? I'd love to have it.

X2. PM me please
Originally Posted by JWP58

No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Bottom line the camera was sold as is and in working order. I've sold numerous firearms on this website, M4carbine.net, armslist, and AR15.com. I HAVE NEVER had a problem or an issue.

I am not a dirt bag. This is complete bullshit and Im not going to cave and take it back and give you your money back, jerk. You can attempt to drag me through the mud as much as you want.

Just be honest "matt", you didn't want it and now you're doing whatever you can to get your money back.....be honest with everyone. I am not walmart, I do not take returns simply because you decided you didn't want it.

Sounds like he would not have gone public if you had just communicated with him privately
Oh ya add expeditionportal to my sell list, where I sold a 23k 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD to a guy down in Arizona. With no complaints whatsoever.

But hey, im a "toxic" seller.

I didn't respond to his pm's because there was nothing to discuss.

Should I post up all of my transactions from every site I've ever sold on to prove that this guy is one out of probably 50-60 people?

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...=1404733&highlight=JWP58#post1404733

See post #3592 ^^^^^^^^

http://www.m4carbine.net/itrader.php?u=35081

And Im off to mail off a stripped lower that I just sold on M4carbine.net...to another happy buyer (same day service, I get $$$$....I ship it)
Posted By: SKane Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Horse to water.......
Posted By: 700shooter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Don't have a dog in fight but if u had another buyer and current buyer not happy and offering to ship back on his dime seems reasonable to me. There are always to sides to story but looking at the facts this seems my be best approach where everybody is happy Just my 2 cents
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
JWP58,

I for one appreciate your response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Choosing to close down communication with the buyer
No inspection period (As-Is)
Piss poor attitude and approach to entire issue

Safe to say that I'm not the only one who will NOT buy/sell/trade with you.

Posted By: TallPine Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

confused
Originally Posted by 700shooter
Don't have a dog in fight but if u had another buyer and current buyer not happy and offering to ship back on his dime seems reasonable to me. There are always to sides to story but looking at the facts this seems my be best approach where everybody is happy Just my 2 cents

Im sorry he never asked me prior to receiving the camera if he could return it if he "didn't like it".

Lets see here.......

gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

I've sold numerous shotguns, a few AR's, tons of parts and ammo, road bikes, a truck, hunting apparel, ect, ect. I've never had an issue. In fact I've never had ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT. So you know what, 1 out of 50-60 deals is a number I can accept. You cant make everyone happy, and now I'd rather eat dog crap than give this turd his money back.

So if that makes me a "toxic seller" or whatever the heck you guys call it....fine.
Posted By: 257wthbylover Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
No dog in fight here either, and I ususally don't even engage in these....but, I will DITTO exactly the same summary that Fosteology took away from this. It seems that bad deals only happen with communication is ignored.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
JWP58,

I for one appreciate you response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Good. Im not going to cave and give his money back, eat the 42 bucks it COST ME to ship it, just because he doesn't want it. Im not going to acquiesce to his muck raking tactics.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Chit happens in the classifieds sometimes, I'm not talking about Safariman type stuff but small misunderstandings. The chit I don't get is not communicating. I sold a badlands pack to a forum member a while back. I posted pics, and came down on my price for a guy that wanted it. He let me know he got it and it looked great. 2 days later he contacted me to tell me this model didn't have a specific feature he wanted ( but did not ask if it had it before buying) I simply asked him what he wanted me to do? He wanted to send it back for a full refund, normally that would not be an issue but I paid $30 to ship the pack. I as kindly as I could stated that I would gladly take the pack back and refund him his money but I couldn't eat $30 on the pack. We kind of went back and forth and he ended up keeping it. I don't think he was thrilled but we COMMUNICATED a solution. Ignoring the guy in this case is not a good idea, you gotta talk about stuff even if you feel like you were in the right. It's easy to have misunderstandings about condition and features here in the classifieds, but not communicating is something else.
I just don't feel there is any excuse for zero communication after a sale but this is just me.
That's fine, you can have your opinion. Don't care, my record speaks for itself. Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.
Posted By: SLM Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

You're doing a better job of it than he ever could IMO.
That's fine, you can have your opinion. Don't care, my record speaks for itself. Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

There are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I am not passing judgement on you whether you're a dirtbag or not, I am just telling you that you did yourself no favors by ignoring a guy that purchased an item from you. There is no excuse for that. Its a big "f**k you" to the buyer and its ridiculous. Your attitude sucks
Originally Posted by SLM
Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

You're doing a better job of it than he ever could IMO.

EXACTLY!!!!!!
How? By providing actual feedback on some previous sells I've had? Or is it the honesty that bothers you?
Posted By: novalty Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
[Linked Image]
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

I disagree. Your attitude and unwillingness to even discuss the matter with the buyer like a reasonable adult speaks volumes....

Step back, cool off and think about it. Put yourself in his position. If you felt a deal wasn't as advertised, and/or there was an issue, and the seller wouldn't even discuss the matter, how would you feel?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?
How? By providing actual feedback on some previous sells I've had? Or is it the honesty that bothers you?

Previous sales don't matter. You chose to ignore a person that bought a camera from you and didn't feel it was worth your time to discuss his concerns with him. Thats chicken chit IMO.

The fact that you are pissed that he took this public after you ignored him privately is amazing. Did you think that if you ignored him long enough it would just go away?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Sounds to me like the buyer was trying to communicate with the seller but the seller doesn't care to communicate with the buyer once he has his money.

The op was sent a lens that didn't work with the camera that came with it, how does that happen?
Your attitude sucks

You have yourself to blame for ignoring him. This wound is self inflicted. Had you had correspondence with him it would be a different story here
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Your attitude sucks

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?

Sort what out??? What is to sort out? I'm not giving him his money back, it worked perfectly when I shipped it (I took several pictures with it a day before I shipped it).

An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

Sort what out??? What is to sort out? I'm not giving him his money back, it worked perfectly when I shipped it (I took several pictures with it a day before I shipped it).

An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

I wasn't passing judgement before but I am now, you're an a**hole
Posted By: bobhanson1 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
The only sale that matters is the current one as we've all seen based on several stellar examples here lately that past performance may not indicate your current behavior. As others have noted, you've done a great job making yourself look like a jerk when a simple PM could have at least helped deal with the issue and showed that you at least attempted to engage the buyer. Sounds eerily reminiscent of a certain seller that immediately put a buyer on his ignore list...
Posted By: SLM Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

How a person handles 1 "deal gone bad" tells me a lot more about them than 50 positive feed backs.
I state again, An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

You know the next time I get buyers remorse i'll make some stuff up and then drag the seller's name through the mud....aka the 24hr way. I just love you people are assuming Im an [bleep].....when someone LIES about me...I guess I am.
How do you think the item got broke?
Originally Posted by 700shooter

Im sorry he never asked me prior to receiving the camera if he could return it if he "didn't like it".

Lets see here.......

gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

I've sold numerous shotguns, a few AR's, tons of parts and ammo, road bikes, a truck, hunting apparel, ect, ect. I've never had an issue. In fact I've never had ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT. So you know what, 1 out of 50-60 deals is a number I can accept. You cant make everyone happy, and now I'd rather eat dog crap than give this turd his money back.

So if that makes me a "toxic seller" or whatever the heck you guys call it....fine.

Doesn't matter what you sold in the past, who you sold it to, or where you sold it at. What are YOU going to do to take care of this problem. the guys is not happy with his purchase and said its not working and want to return it on his dime.
Originally Posted by slg888

I don't think it did. Bottom line, Im not going to accept a return, an inspection period/return period was not discussed.

I'm now done with this thread.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Wow. This is disappointing.
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Whether the camera "took" good photos before shipment is relevant. Whether the seller has sold other things successfully is not the issue.

According to the language of the "contract" the camera was sold with "NO ISSUES".
But The buyer noted several issues.

That would consitute a breach of contract. Buyer should go to sellers locality and sue for money damages.
I state again, An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

You know the next time I get buyers remorse i'll make some stuff up and then drag the seller's name through the mud....aka the 24hr way. I just love you people are assuming Im an [bleep].....when someone LIES about me...I guess I am.

You're not doing yourself any favors with your repsonses, you might want to step back and rethink things.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Best way to look at it.

I disagree. Your attitude and unwillingness to even discuss the matter with the buyer like a reasonable adult speaks volumes....

Step back, cool off and think about it. Put yourself in his position. If you felt a deal wasn't as advertised, and/or there was an issue, and the seller wouldn't even discuss the matter, how would you feel?
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

Seems like the campfire is pretty selective about their justice...
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
JWP58,

I for one appreciate your response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

This is the response I am going with on this one.
Posted By: deflave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

You defended safariman very well.

Travis

Not true, how many shady dealings did he have in the past? How many sellers weren't satisfied with the end results from him?

This is the first time for JWP58 so you can't really compare the 2.
I just don't feel there is any excuse for zero communication after a sale but this is just me.

+1
Posted By: milespatton Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Hate hearing this stuff on here. I have done hundreds of deals with members and not a single problem I can recall.

There did not used to be as many classified cowboys here either. Remember the old story about how hobo's would put a mark on the door where they got a handout, so others would know. Maybe we got a mark. miles
Posted By: Les7603006 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Your attitude sucks

With that comment, your finished here. Go back to your other dozen forums.
Some of my best friends here came from bad luck deals, but we TALKED and now I will back those guys forever.
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

I don't think it did. Bottom line, Im not going to accept a return, an inspection period/return period was not discussed.

So if the OP takes the lens to an independent camera shop, which verifies it is broken, you'll still tell him to pound sand because an inspection period wasn't discussed?

I'm glad you listed the web sites that you sell stuff. Makes it very easy for people to follow you around the web and let others know exactly how you conduct business, should they get such an inclination.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Fireball seems to be a Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

Handy list of places to be wary of your antics. Thanks

Travis

Clever reply. Damned if ya do damned if ya don't. But clever doesn't address the point.

The truth is, if we can dissect anybodies life to the 10th degree to crucify them, we should also be able to acknowledge lots of good dealings done right. It's all part of the bigger picture of a mans character.

Not saying this cat's right about the camera deal, but let's be even-handed in meting out our justice and give a man his day in court.

"Oh, he's a great guy, great seller here!" All deals show on a man's ledger, not just a single good one, or a single bad one.

In the end, you makes your bed and you lies in it. Safariman has his bed, and this guy has his, whatever it is. Not choosing a side at this point.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
He had his day in "court" and he told the op to pound sand.
Posted By: powdr Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
List of guys not to do business with:

1.Safari man
2.JWP58
Posted By: powdr Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
List of guys not to do business with:

1.Safari man
2.JWP58
Posted By: milespatton Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Ya mean there is two of each. grin miles
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
You can attempt to drag me through the mud as much as you want.

Ignoring someone after a sale is just plain wrong, you should have communicated with him regardless of the fact you had no intentions of taking said item back. Ignoring his pm's right off the bat makes it appear that this happened intentionally on your part.

You ended up dragging yourself through the mud, he attempted but you succeeded.

You sir are also on my toxic sellers list.
Posted By: Henry McCann Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
JWP58 you sound exactly like the high schoolers I deal with.

Instead of taking responsibility and making things right, no matter whose fault it is, the first response for 15 year olds is anger and the blaming of everyone else but themselves.

Posted By: Killertraylor Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

How about you do us all a favor and be done with 24HCF? You clearly don't belong if you don't have the common decency to favor the buyer with a reply.
Posted By: 79S Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Your attitude sucks

What about this:
The Camera showed up and has some issues. here is the PM I sent to him letting him know: James, the camera got here yesterday afternoon.
There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D. The inside of the camera will need a professional cleaning. If it was just the cleaning we would just get it done but since the lens isn't working correctly I would like to send this back to you for a refund. I'm hoping you understand. I of course will cover the return shipping.

So it seems like the issue is with the lens... I don't know why guys buy used cameras online hell you can go buy a new one with no hassles.
Posted By: efw Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
JWP58 you sound exactly like the high schoolers I deal with.

Instead of taking responsibility and making things right, no matter whose fault it is, the first response for 15 year olds is anger and the blaming of everyone else but themselves.

Exactly. Anybody can deal honorably when things go their way. It's when things don't go our way that true character (or lack thereof) shows through.

If someone is unhappy with an item I sell and let me know quickly I am going to take it back no questions asked.

This shifting blame is as childish as it gets and only highlights the lack of character of sellers here who practice it.
Posted By: deflave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Clever reply. Damned if ya do damned if ya don't. But clever doesn't address the point.

I think I made my point quite well.

Travis

How convenient
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Originally Posted by milespatton

There did not used to be as many classified cowboys here either. Remember the old story about how hobo's would put a mark on the door where they got a handout, so others would know. Maybe we got a mark. miles

Great Post miles!! I have the same feeling anymore. I always check past posts from sellers before jumping. I never had to do that years ago.
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt
Originally Posted by matt_gu3
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.
Originally Posted by mirage243
[/quote]

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.

I think you are missing the point that my wife and I had spoken about this before payment was sent. If we had completely changed our minds we would have simply apologized to the seller for changing our minds and would have not sent the payment.
The reason I requested the refund is because there is most definitely a faulty lens in the package and I specifically asked if there were any issues before telling the seller "I will take it".

Matt
Posted By: dtspoke Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
As a contrast to this sordid deal, let me tell you about the most recent transaction I've had here that took place over the last couple of weeks.

I posted a desire to buy a Win EW in 7WSM since they are hard to find for sale. I had a few guys PM me with different guns (thanks by the way), but Double_D (hope he doesn't mind me using his handle) contacted me with one that had quite a bit of good work done on it and was exactly what I had been looking for.

He gave me a great deal on it and covered shipping. I sent him a check and he had the gun at UPS before it even cleared. Then, after the stated arrival date I contacted UPS to clarify when the new date would be and they stated it was lost in transit.

I contacted the seller just to give him a heads up that I had filed a lost package report with UPS (I do this as a matter of course due to the amount of time an investigation can take).

Now, he did everything on his end and it certainly wan't his fault, but he guarantees my money even if they don't find the gun. I couldn't do that in good conscious and I knew UPS would either find it eventually or pay the claim, but it was nice to have that kind of over the top desire to make a deal right.

LOTS of good communication.

The gun shows up a few days later (it had been stuck on a truck in bad weather) and it just so much nicer than I had hoped.

Great deal.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Originally Posted by JSTUART
JWP58,

This is the response I am going with on this one.

Yep. Exact kinda guy/BS I don't need.

Ignored buyers PM because "there was nothing to discuss". That alone tells me all I need to know of him.........

Matt

My point, exactly.
Posted By: dtspoke Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Oh, and I guarantee a good name is worth more than a few hundred bucks. This stuff follows you around.
Posted By: dcmtex Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Give it up guys. No sense trying to clean up another mans crap that he doesn't want to clean up himself.

Matt thanks for the heads up. Sorry the deal went down like it did. Good luck with getting the camera working properly.

Originally Posted by dtspoke
As a contrast to this sordid deal, let me tell you about the most recent transaction I've had here that took place over the last couple of weeks.

I posted a desire to buy a Win EW in 7WSM since they are hard to find for sale. I had a few guys PM me with different guns (thanks by the way), but Double_D (hope he doesn't mind me using his handle) contacted me with one that had quite a bit of good work done on it and was exactly what I had been looking for.

He gave me a great deal on it and covered shipping. I sent him a check and he had the gun at UPS before it even cleared. Then, after the stated arrival date I contacted UPS to clarify when the new date would be and they stated it was lost in transit.

I contacted the seller just to give him a heads up that I had filed a lost package report with UPS (I do this as a matter of course due to the amount of time an investigation can take).

Now, he did everything on his end and it certainly wan't his fault, but he guarantees my money even if they don't find the gun. I couldn't do that in good conscious and I knew UPS would either find it eventually or pay the claim, but it was nice to have that kind of over the top desire to make a deal right.

LOTS of good communication.

The gun shows up a few days later (it had been stuck on a truck in bad weather) and it just so much nicer than I had hoped.

Great deal.

I would much rather hear about great deals ending smoothly. This is what I have come to find, usually, on the fire.

Matt

I think you are missing the point that my wife and I had spoken about this before payment was sent. If we had completely changed our minds we would have simply apologized to the seller for changing our minds and would have not sent the payment.
The reason I requested the refund is because there is most definitely a faulty lens in the package and I specifically asked if there were any issues before telling the seller "I will take it".

Matt [/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking his side, it just seemed in your PM to be a bit of hesitation on the deal.
Posted By: 79S Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Matt

My point, exactly.

No the point being and you have skirted it the [bleep] lens does not work with camera or any other camera.
It worked fine for me. I wouldn't sell something that didn't work.

Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s. that is pissed he didn't get out of a purchase that he regretted.

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you. And go ahead and keep bumping this thread, it wont change anything.
Posted By: Henry McCann Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s. that is pissed he didn't get out of a purchase that he regretted.

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you. And go ahead and keep bumping this thread, it wont change anything.

Again, sounds exactly like a 15 year old that just got caught. Sadly this post portrays JWP58 in exactly the opposite light he hopes for.
Originally Posted by Henry McCann

Again, sounds exactly like a 15 year old that just got caught. Sadly this post portrays JWP58 in exactly the opposite light he hopes for.

No, that's called me being honest. Im not trying to make friends, or sing songs around a campfire. Im calling a spade a spade. The dude is [bleep] liar and knows it. And all you dipshits believe him lol

If it didn't work I'd sure like to know just how the [bleep] I took pictures with.......must've been MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, that's called me being honest. Im not trying to make friends, or sing songs around a campfire. Im calling a spade a spade. The dude is [bleep] liar and knows it. And all you dipshits believe him lol

Uh, 'flave, you want to respond to this or should I? grin
[bleep] you too hose dragger.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Seems like a simple cross-reference of lense model to camera model would indicate the truth. I would think this would fall on the buyer since he is the one making allegations.
Posted By: bobhanson1 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
So if you had another buyer and the OP seemed to waffle on the original purchase why didn't you sell it to the other buyer and refund his money as he indicated you could in his PM and make everybody happy before it came to this? Besides your obvious hostility about the whole transaction it seems he gave you an out before you even got his money so something just isn't adding up in how you're presenting your version of what happened especially with your failure to reply to multiple messages. Good luck trying to sell anything here again..
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

Oh no, [bleep] that. Im never selling ANYTHING over the internet again.

1. Its not with the trouble
2. Its their word vs. mine
3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

I bet it DOES change something, and already has wink

Do you often shop at places with "no return policies? Where if you receive something and don't like it for any reason, or worse it doesn't fuuking work, you just have to eat it? You know, just chalk it up as a loss and move on?
I know I don't.

I expect a little common courtesy and human decency from those in which I deal with, as customer satisfaction should be the goal of the seller. Since you portray none of these qualities in a seller, and extend no common courtesy to your fellow 'Fire members whatsoever, why would someone want to deal with you in any way? No thanks.

I wish you well in your endeavor to further tarnish your name..........

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

You are such a victim here. Poor baby
Ya you're right, I should give him his money back, pay for shipping back to me, pay him the shipping that I paid for, and buy him the camera he really wants. Since customer satisfaction is what its all about.

And then when I get the camera back and it works fine, what then? Do I get to make a thread bitching about him?
Ya you're right, I should give him his money back, pay for shipping back to me, pay him the shipping that I paid for, and buy him the camera he really wants. Since customer satisfaction is what its all about.

Sounds better than ignoring his PMs, calling him a liar, and turning your name into mud, to me, but that's your call.

Maybe actually communicate with him like an adult and reach a fair compromise. Maybe he will happily pay shipping and you refund his money. Never know until you talk to him. That's what adults do.........
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

I believe your lack of communication caused 99% of your problem!
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

I believe your lack of communication caused 99% of your problem!

No what caused my problem was not going with my gut feeling that the guy wanted to back out of the deal when he sent me the "well I mailed you the money order, but im having second thoughts". Shouldve told him to [bleep] off at that time, but then he would've made a thread about how I sold it out from under him after he mailed off a payment....
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
JWP, not taking sides here, but I gave up selling here too for the most part. I'll gladly pay the Ebay fees rather than wade through the BS that the classifieds have become.

You know I have to take a trip down close to your neck of the woods to pick up a topper next week. We could have a chat about it then if you'd like. Maybe some espresso?? I hear that's what the trendy CO's like these days....

You know I have to take a trip down close to your neck of the woods to pick up a topper next week. We could have a chat about it then if you'd like. Maybe some espresso?? I hear that's what the trendy CO's like these days....

Perfect! Look me up and I'll let you buy me lunch
Posted By: toad Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14

keep diggin'
Are you asking Huntsonora to go on a Man Date?
No, just a serious meet & greet. Im not too far from Windsor so I figured I might as well get to know him. Seems like a super nice guy!

And he's very interested in me apparently since he's following this thread closely.
Posted By: JBO69 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/13/14
Did he accept? Huntsonora don't strike me as the "espresso" type
We can keep this retarded thread going forever if you all like. It will be fun. We can keep discussing this magical lens that does work, but doesn't. And the "dirty camera" that needed to be cleaned sooooo badly...

Should be fun fellas, I hope we can push this to a few hundred pages!!!!

It will be epic! Might as well have some fun right?

p.s. anyone that lives in Colorado likes espresso if you get what I mean...lol
Posted By: slg888 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
And he's very interested in me apparently since he's following this thread closely.

I think Huntsonora's goal is too rid 24hr from cheap-asswipes like yourself.

No problem, my Iphone travels. Good luck selling on 24hr, I'll be there if you ever post an item for sale.

p.s. anyone that lives in WYOMING likes espresso if you get what I mean...lol

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I bought GreatWaputi's Tikka today. He showed on time, we talked a bit, he handed me the box, I looked in, said Great, handed him an envelope with a bunch of hundred dollar bills in it, he put it in his pocket, we talked fishing some more, I gave him some smoked tuna, we shook hands, and left.

That's how it's supposed to be.

P
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
GW got $$ and smoked tuna and all you got was a Tikka? You were robbed! grin
Posted By: Greenbrier Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Here is maybe a solution (that is if you want it to be). How about the buyer taking the camera and lens to a shop, if it truly does not work (proof needs to be shown), the seller gives the money back + the cost of the shop looking. Who knows maybe there wont be a charge.

If it does work, then the buyer learned how to operate the camera and made a great deal.

Would this be an option to the both of you????
Posted By: JWP58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
No. I sold him a camera with three lenses and ALL of them worked. This dipshit will probably smash one and take it in. I mean he's already lied a few times, whats one more gonna hurt right?

Im not a sucker, sorry.

I think Huntsonora's goal is too rid 24hr from cheap-asswipes like yourself.

No problem, my Iphone travels. Good luck selling on 24hr, I'll be there if you ever post an item for sale.

p.s. anyone that lives in WYOMING likes espresso if you get what I mean...lol

Fixed it for you.

You must be [bleep] retarded since I already stated Im not going to even bother with the hassle anymore. Cant you read dipshit? And yes I do live in Wyoming, if you're passing through let me know...
Posted By: TallPine Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Buyer said lens doesn't work on Auto-focus.

JP-isnt it possible he's right and you only tested it NOT using auto-focus? Wouldnt you feel like an azz for attacking him so childishly if it turns out you're wrong about it working 100%?

And your statement that you should have told him to F off when he gave you the option to sell to another shows you to be a real hot head. What do you expect others to think about you when you post schit like that? Why would that simple offer be so offensive to you? Good grief.

Bottom line....this thread would never had legs had you not IGNORED the mans PM.
No I wouldn't, because it worked just fine for me. I can not fly to NY and hold his hand.

I wouldn't have ignored him if he wasn't a liar.

This thread can go on for 1500 pages, one thing will remain the same. NO REFUND. An inspection period was not discussed, and a refund was not discussed until he decided he really didn't want it....after he mailed his payment.

Pretty straight forward.
I'll be passing thru w/Kris Powers in Ranchester this September for 2 weeks loser.
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

So, just so we're all clear...

Who's the liar?
Posted By: Greenbrier Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
JWP58,

If the only thing that was the issue was it not working on Auto-Focus, I hardly believe he would smash it. Why dont you let him take it to a non-biased individual, have it inspected, and if it truly did not work, give him his money back. If it does work, he is outta luck.

I really dont understand why someone would be willing to keep money if this was the case. Why the harsh attitude of a stern NO?

Does this mean that from now on we are to assume all the things we buy here are not working and not to expect our money back no matter what?

Again, a non-player seems like a logical answer. You could even find a shop yourself and ask that the camera be taken there.

I hardly believe he could manipulate the camera for all features to work except one.
Posted By: Killertraylor Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

So, just so we're all clear...

Who's the liar?

Lol. No schitt - it's like he just can't help himself from showing everyone he's even a bigger azzhole than he was before he took his ball and went home.
Classic little man syndrome.
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
You must be [bleep] retarded since I already stated Im not going to even bother with the hassle anymore. Cant you read dipshit? And yes I do live in Wyoming, if you're passing through let me know...

Oh, so now your word is worth something? Excuse me for a moment while I compose myself. You've already told at least one blatant lie in this thread, in case you've forgotten. Oops.

No one believes for a moment that you're planning to abandon internet sales. This isn't our first rodeo and we spot the clowns pretty easily. I suspect you'll create some new screen names to peddle goods on internet forums soon, but this stuff usually catches up with you again. You should probably hope the OP doesn't publicly out you by name. That would make the charade tougher to carry on.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
What day are you coming down and where are you buying me lunch?
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Man I bet Safariman is loving the heat being on someone else!
I'll buy ya lunch if you take me hunting! I've seen the critters you post!
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

I'm not a judge, but if I were to bet on what happened this would be it.

The OP and his wife wanted a camera, the OP wanted to buy it on the Fire and show his wife what a good place it was to buy sh*t, the OP's wife didn't really want to do it, but initially gave in. When the camera showed up and it wasn't what she really wanted, she pitched a bitch. The OP then had to come up with a reason to send it back. He sent a PM claiming some BS, it pissed the seller off. Then the seller f*cked up big time by not returning he PM right away.

That about right?
Originally Posted by Greenbrier
JWP58,

If the only thing that was the issue was it not working on Auto-Focus, I hardly believe he would smash it. Why dont you let him take it to a non-biased individual, have it inspected, and if it truly did not work, give him his money back. If it does work, he is outta luck.

I really dont understand why someone would be willing to keep money if this was the case. Why the harsh attitude of a stern NO?

Does this mean that from now on we are to assume all the things we buy here are not working and not to expect our money back no matter what?

Again, a non-player seems like a logical answer. You could even find a shop yourself and ask that the camera be taken there.

I hardly believe he could manipulate the camera for all features to work except one.

When you start connecting the dots, it becomes pretty apparent that the seller knew he was peddling damaged goods and hoped not to get caught. When that failed, he tried to ignore the problems. When that failed and this thread was started, he took the hyper-aggressive stance that we're seeing now. No one acts this way when intentions were honest from the start. It simply doesn't happen.

If I were the OP, I'd take that lens to a camera shop and get the problem diagnosed in writing. Then I'd post the proof here so that all doubts are squashed and publicly name the seller so that future transactions can be more easily spotted. The seller isn't going to own up to this sham, but at least the truth will be aired.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'll buy ya lunch if you take me hunting! I've seen the critters you post!

grin

I'm looking forward to meeting the guy. Aside from the meltdown today he seems like a decent enough guy. We'll see

Ps, I'm ordering dessert too
What day are you coming down and where are you buying me lunch?
And while your there having lunch JPW58, see if you can con Huntsonora into giving me a huge discount on one of those bad-ass mule deer hunts..... you seem to be good at bullsh*ting your way into & outta deals.

The OP and his wife wanted a camera, the OP wanted to buy it on the Fire and show his wife what a good place it was to buy sh*t, the OP's wife didn't really want to do it, but initially gave in. When the camera showed up and it wasn't what she really wanted, she pitched a bitch. The OP then had to come up with a reason to send it back. He sent a PM claiming some BS, it pissed the seller off. Then the seller f*cked up big time by not returning he PM right away.

That about right?

I'd bet against you on that one. OP has been using the 'Fire classifieds for years, so this isn't his first transaction. Seller is also acting way too aggressively for this to be a simple case of buyer's remorse.
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

That about right?

I'd bet against you on that one. OP has been using the 'Fire classifieds for years, so this isn't his first transaction. Seller is also acting way too aggressively for this to be a simple case of buyer's remorse.

Is this his first known bad transaction? Reason I say that is, I'm in business for myself and there are some folks that you just ain't gonna make happy. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it is possible. Seller would be looked at in a lot better light if he had replied right away, that's for sure.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek
Is this his first known bad transaction? Reason I say that is, I'm in business for myself and there are some folks that you just ain't gonna make happy. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it is possible. Seller would be looked at in a lot better light if he had replied right away, that's for sure.

I don't know about the OP's transaction history. I'm just reading the tea leaves in this thread and coming to my own conclusions. Seller would be hard-pressed to do anything that would make him look worse than he does now. I think we can all agree on that.
Originally Posted by OU812Day
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek

Things that make you go. . . . .hmmmmm????
Posted By: JLarsson Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

I think he's saying that the lens mounted on both camera bodies, but the auto-focus function didn't work while mounted on either one.

Posted By: Iclimb Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
As I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, i mean too many. I have to agree that I would in no way offer a refund for buyers remorse, and I myself would never ask for a refund if I had buyers remorse. I also wouldn't refund the shipping if such an occasion arose.
If you don't want it contact the guy you bought it from and see if he had anyone else interested as you'd like to sell it

Big box stores don't refund shipping if you just decide you don't want it.

If some thing is damaged and unadvertised that's another thing. And I'll always work with someone to rectify concerns, but honestly everyone has a phone and if not we certainly have PM"S. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DISCUSSED PRIOR TO...

WHEN ALL THAT FAILS THEN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IS JUSTIFIABLE
Posted By: lightning Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I stay out of these threads as they always take on a mob mentality. Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.
Originally Posted by lightning
Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.
What do you expect the buyer to do...blow him? 4 days w/ignoring PM's is long enough, any longer would give the seller enough time to spend the money on used tires. laugh

Posted By: SLM Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
What do you expect the buyer to do...blow him? 4 days w/ignoring PM's is long enough, any longer would give the seller enough time to spend the money on used tires. laugh

Rollin'.
Originally Posted by SLM

Rollin'.

Lmao!!!
SLM I thought you stole my avatar. I have a picture that looks just like your avatar. I'll see if I can find it. Every time I see it I double take
Posted By: lightning Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

Like I said, mob mentality. Same guys making post after post in these threads. Get a life.

Like I said, mob mentality. Same guys making post after post in these threads. Get a life.

Want to meet us for lunch? grin
Posted By: matt_gu3 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

That about right?

That isn't even close. Her first deal on the fire is the sling debacle. She's still waiting for that.
Didn't need to "come up with a reason" the lens doesn't work as it should. It really is that simple.

Matt
Originally Posted by JLarsson

I think he's saying that the lens mounted on both camera bodies, but the auto-focus function didn't work while mounted on either one.

Thanks JL, I thought that was easily understood. Sorry for any confusion.

Matt
Originally Posted by Iclimb
As I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, i mean too many. I have to agree that I would in no way offer a refund for buyers remorse, and I myself would never ask for a refund if I had buyers remorse. I also wouldn't refund the shipping if such an occasion arose.
If you don't want it contact the guy you bought it from and see if he had anyone else interested as you'd like to sell it

If some thing is damaged and unadvertised that's another thing. And I'll always work with someone to rectify concerns, but honestly everyone has a phone and if not we certainly have PM"S. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DISCUSSED PRIOR TO...

Guys, this is not a case of buyers remorse. This is a case of the lens doesn't work and I was told before I agreed to buy it that the camera and lenses had no issues. If you reread my Original post, I also told him that "I of course will cover return shipping."

Matt
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
The 2014 Campfire Cabin Fever Season is in full swing.

It's like hunting the rut, but without the fun.
Originally Posted by Iclimb

Guys, this is not a case of buyers remorse. This is a case of the lens doesn't work and I was told before I agreed to buy it that the camera and lenses had no issues. If you reread my Original post, I also told him that "I of course will cover return shipping."

Matt

Then it's pretty cut and dry! If it were me I'd refund your money. I think you should get it looked at and throw it up here for all to see.
Posted By: coryj Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
WTB...243 winchester 95 grain SST.

Oh yea....bump
Posted By: coryj Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by coryj
WTB...243 winchester 95 grain SST.

Oh yea....bump

Seriously, PM me about the 95 grain SST ammo.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by JLarsson

Thanks JL, I thought that was easily understood. Sorry for any confusion.

Matt

No confusion I simply read it wrong, my bad.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
The 2014 Campfire Cabin Fever Season is in full swing.

It's like hunting the rut, but without the fun.

That what you call it? I call a good ol fashioned [bleep], numnuts.
I'm thinking that Nordys BBQ would be a good place to have lunch. I like the rib and brisket combo
I love BBQ.
Posted By: pal Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s...

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you...

It is you, sir, who is the liar and pos, and who does not deserve to be a member, here. You are a scoundrel.
Posted By: whelenndealin Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by SLM

How a person handles 1 "deal gone bad" tells me a lot more about them than 50 positive feed backs.

It certainly does.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by pal
Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s...

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you...

It is you, sir, who is the liar and pos, and who does not deserve to be a member, here. You are a scoundrel.

I was thinking douche nozzle, but scoundrel is close enough, and POS a definite accurate assessment.......
Originally Posted by SLM
I love BBQ.

Want to come up and go to lunch with us?
Posted By: jayman1975 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I have bought many things over the Internet and had buyers remorse a good number of times. But that's my problem and usually I'll just sell it and take a small loss and keep keeping on. But if something is damaged or not as advertised that's a different story. I did have one issue on a pair of binos I bought off the bay years ago. They showed up pretty grungy when the seller swore they were mint and "like new". The difference is he got back to me instantly and offered me a full refund or a partial refund if I decided to keep them as is. I took the partial refund and had them professionally cleaned and was content with the deal. If he had ignored my initial email I would have stopped at nothing to deface his credibility.

JWP58........bad form sir.

Originally Posted by SLM
I love BBQ.

Want to come up and go to lunch with us?

Hell ya, I'd never turn down free BBQ.
Right is right.

I have returned a few items simply because they aren't the same in person as they appeared online. Never with anyone on a forum, but on internet sales sites and the Bay. Sometimes you can't always tell the quality of an item even though you think you can at the time. No surprises is the best policy.

Bought a Weaver scope from Natchez a couple years ago. Thought it was Jap made. It was Chinese. It went back, no questions asked.

It is nice to be able to return an item should you(or they) mess up. I do not buy from sellers with no return policies, for more reasons than one.

I try to extend the same courtesies I have come to appreciate/expect to those who buy from me. That said, I have never had an "issue" buying or selling here, to date..........
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
JWP58 sounds like a pos.
WTB Nosler 7mm 140 AccuBonds or 150 ABLR.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

"[bleep] this! I'm taking my [bleep] ball and going home!! The internet is being mean to me cause I'm a douche nozzle, what the [bleep]! I sold a truck once and nobody complained, why won't anyone believe me!!!!"

Is that what everyone else got out of this load of kock snot?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Just post JWP58 name and address so we know who to look out for in the furture and lets get enjoying what we like to do. I think its time for this, he's not going to do the right thing, he already said that
Posted By: Tanner Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I'm thinking that Nordys BBQ would be a good place to have lunch. I like the rib and brisket combo

See you there if you're eating Monday night around 8 PM.... laugh

Tanner
Originally Posted by gemby58
Just post JWP58 name and address so we know who to look out for in the furture and lets get enjoying what we like to do. I think its time for this, he's not going to do the right thing, he already said that

I'll take some selfies of us at lunch next week so you'll know what he looks like grin
Need 284 brass.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I bought GreatWaputi's Tikka today. He showed on time, we talked a bit, he handed me the box, I looked in, said Great, handed him an envelope with a bunch of hundred dollar bills in it, he put it in his pocket, we talked fishing some more, I gave him some smoked tuna, we shook hands, and left.

That's how it's supposed to be.

P

Yep, that transaction couldn't have worked out better for either of us. I was glad the original deal fell through and it was well worth a few $$$ not having to dick around with shipping. Plus it's always nice to put a face with the name.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by hillestadj

"[bleep] this! I'm taking my [bleep] ball and going home!! The internet is being mean to me cause I'm a douche nozzle, what the [bleep]! I sold a truck once and nobody complained, why won't anyone believe me!!!!"

Is that what everyone else got out of this load of kock snot?

I have no dog in this hunt, but JWP58 has come across as a complete ass with how he has reacted on this thread and that he has not responded to PM's. Maybe the OP is doing something wrong, maybe the seller could tell him so if he answered PM's or God forbid, they spoke on the phone. But with no communication, all that's impossible. From what I have seen, I would be very hesitant to do any business with JWP58
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Once again, ignoring a buyer's PM's after money is received seems to be a common trend.

People are ph.uckers
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

You are give the initials JWP a bad name. Do the right thing man communicate with the purchaser and make things right ignoring his PM was/is wrong and not making the transaction right is wrong.

Just because you have had some good transactions doesn't make it OK to. It make this transaction right.

Ok folks, I guess I have not made myself very clear. So I'll attempt to do that as politely as possible.

1. I do not care if anyone wants to do business with me. That's your choice, I don't care, and I'm done dealing with the hassle of selling stuff on this site.
2. No inspection period was EVER discussed, asked about, or hinted at prior to Mr. Matt receiving the camera (that works just as it should)
3. In light of #2, I'm not going to work with him on a return. I accepted 300 shipping included, it cost me 42 bucks to ship the camera and 5 and change for the box. That means that Mr. Matt got a Canon DSLR with 3 lenses, a bag, charger, ect, ect for about 250 bucks.
4. I ignored him because his issues with the camera are 1. opinions (cleaning?) 2. buyers remorse. You know, if he hadn't already advised me that he was having second thoughts about purchasing it (AFTER HE MAILED THE PAYMENT) I might have worked with him. But since he did, no way. I don't refund for buyers remorse, Im sorry his wife decided she didn't want it. The camera worked great for me.

I don't know what else there is to say. I've sold tons of stuff, and I've seen the 24hrcf "bash the seller" posts before, never thought I'd be the subject of one....but hey, the mob mentality rules here I suppose.

So folks, be careful who you sell to. If you want an inspection period, or feel like you might regret spending your allowance, be sure to ask for a 3 day inspection/return for any reason possible period.
Posted By: toad Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
all of your 'good' transactions don't mean squat. this is the one you'll always be remembered for. you should have taken the effort to handle it.
Originally Posted by toad
all of your 'good' transactions don't mean squat. this is the one you'll always be remembered for. you should have taken the effort to handle it.

Exactly. "I'm a stubborn a$$hole and simply don't care about others or my own reputation" would have been a lot easier to type out........
Ok folks, I guess I have not made myself very clear. So I'll attempt to do that as politely as possible.

Oh, I think you've been quite clear. The problem is that, despite being clear, you're still completely in the wrong with this transaction and refuse to own up to it. This can all be cleared up VERY EASILY.

1. OP takes potentially defective lens to an independent camera shop for diagnosis.
2. OP posts results of said diagnosis, with supporting documentation.
3. If the lens is broken, offer him a refund. If the lens is fine, you're proven to be correct.
4. Move on with life.

You, of course, won't agree to this because you obviously knew about issues with the lens. There is absolutely no other reason for you to decline such an arrangement. Don't start sputtering about how the OP will intentionally damage the lens just to get a refund, either. Any decent camera shop would be able to spot that and it would also be pretty difficult to damage only the auto-focus feature.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I think Matt should let his wife run the show���..
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

1. I do not care if anyone wants to do business with me. That's your choice, I don't care, and I'm done dealing with the hassle of selling stuff on this site.
2. No inspection period was EVER discussed, asked about, or hinted at prior to Mr. Matt receiving the camera (that works just as it should)
3. In light of #2, I'm not going to work with him on a return. I accepted 300 shipping included, it cost me 42 bucks to ship the camera and 5 and change for the box. That means that Mr. Matt got a Canon DSLR with 3 lenses, a bag, charger, ect, ect for about 250 bucks.
4. I ignored him because his issues with the camera are 1. opinions (cleaning?) 2. buyers remorse. You know, if he hadn't already advised me that he was having second thoughts about purchasing it (AFTER HE MAILED THE PAYMENT) I might have worked with him. But since he did, no way. I don't refund for buyers remorse, Im sorry his wife decided she didn't want it. The camera worked great for me.

I don't know what else there is to say. I've sold tons of stuff, and I've seen the 24hrcf "bash the seller" posts before, never thought I'd be the subject of one....but hey, the mob mentality rules here I suppose.

So folks, be careful who you sell to. If you want an inspection period, or feel like you might regret spending your allowance, be sure to ask for a 3 day inspection/return for any reason possible period.

Matt offered to pay shipping a reasonable response would have been to refund the money and take the camera back.

You have been clear through out and that is you are not going to do right.

I was thinking Nordys but I might be more in the mood for a good burger. I'll let you know. What day are you heading this way? Can't wait to put a face with the name
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I can't keep all these JWP's separate. Would a burger or BBQ make my memory better?
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I can't keep all these JWP's separate. Would a burger or BBQ make my memory better?

Ohhhh, good point! A steak might make it more memorable. This hose dragger loves steak. Gotta think on this one
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I am so glad there is an ignore feature on this forum. Now if can be expanded to posts for the people you have on your ignore list!

What about the heaping piles of bologna being passed around freely? Those not doing the trick for ya? wink
Posted By: dtspoke Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Originally Posted by Tanner

Tanner

Hey, I should be pulling through there about that time with three of my cowboys hauling a load of colts to start. If huntsonora is buying dinner....

With my crew he needs a good credit limit.
Posted By: deflave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Gonna look like a good ol' fashioned gay pride parade in that BBQ joint.

Travis
Posted By: dtspoke Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Gonna look like a good ol' fashioned gay pride parade in that BBQ joint.

Travis

Or hamburger joint. Or steak joint. Keep up, the food is what matters here.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

That's only to be expected.
It's not like you are a real member, just a business man using the board for free advertising.
It's all about making a buck, and I'm sure that's your only goal.
It's good that you revealed your true self, anyone that buys from you now deserves what happens.
Posted By: novalty Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
[Linked Image]

21 pages and 208 replies. This should be resolved pretty soon.
Originally Posted by dtspoke
Originally Posted by Tanner

Tanner

Hey, I should be pulling through there about that time with three of my cowboys hauling a load of colts to start. If huntsonora is buying dinner....

With my crew he needs a good credit limit.

JWP is buying. Ask him. Might be a fun time but it also might be cheaper to just take the camera back and resell it

Perfect! Look me up and I'll let you buy me lunch
Posted By: mmsports Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14

Can't beat a dead horse!!!

Now That's funny!!!!
Guys, I decided that I'm not a huge fan of being called a LIAR so I thought I would take a short video showing that the lens does not work as it should. At this point I am uninterested in trying to work it out with the seller. I don't believe it can be resolved. So I am just posting this to show that I am not lying. I enjoy spending time on the fire and don't want anyone to think I'm out to screw anyone. for what it's worth, I don't believe the seller was trying to screw me either. I believe he didn't know the lens is faulty. If he would have responded to my PM's this would have all been avoided.
So here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O957VqTc378

Matt
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Matt I didn't think you liar. The seller the way he came off on here showed me he was hiding something, more likely that the lens did work. He got darn outright mean about it just like someone who got caught with the fingers in the cookie jar. If that was me I would have refunded your money. I think your buyer remorse was a gut feeling you had about him. Even that said even if remorse there should have been a refund. What way did he ship it to you, USPS, UPS or Fed EX?
Posted By: BLG Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Way to go Matt. Let's see what he has to say now. A full blown video proof of the lense not working.

Fricken Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you got to say now JWP58?

Clyde
Posted By: whelenndealin Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
for what it's worth, I don't believe the seller was trying to screw me either. I believe he didn't know the lens is faulty. If he would have responded to my PM's this would have all been avoided.

Matt

Pretty stand up thing to say after all the bashing that has been going on. Good on you!
Guys, I decided that I'm not a huge fan of being called a LIAR so I thought I would take a short video showing that the lens does not work as it should. At this point I am uninterested in trying to work it out with the seller. I don't believe it can be resolved. So I am just posting this to show that I am not lying. I enjoy spending time on the fire and don't want anyone to think I'm out to screw anyone. for what it's worth, I don't believe the seller was trying to screw me either. I believe he didn't know the lens is faulty. If he would have responded to my PM's this would have all been avoided.
So here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O957VqTc378

Matt

Well, that covers that

Ohhhh, good point! A steak might make it more memorable. This hose dragger loves steak. Gotta think on this one

BS, I want BBQ.
You could always tell who the cool head was (and wasn't). Nice to see the video. Thanks.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Matt,
Thanks. Nice Vid. I like the shirt, too.
One thing.
It's VD day for God's sake,
shave your cheeks.......for her.
Ok.
Thanks again.
Slave
JWP, make you a deal. Take the camera back and I'll buy you lunch
Posted By: TallPine Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Yulp, just as I suspected. That video tells the tale.

I bet dollars to donuts the Seller probably didn't know that one particular lens was broken on the autofocus mode. What makes even more sense, given all his self described trading all over the interwebs, is that he flipped this camera rig. Didn't own it long enough to know if it worked with all lenses in all modes or not, and cannot accept the fact that he might have got screwed on his purchase or trade for the camera rig. Wants to make it go away by sticking matt with it.

Typical hot head response ensued...he jumps to conclusions that buyer is trying to screw him somehow, ignores his post. Then lets go with the attacks and accusations once he's called out.

Seller should be ashamed of his behavior. Make it right somehow.
Posted By: novalty Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Watch out hunstonora, he'll probably order a soup, and then complain that "soups not a meal."

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 700shooter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
Matt

happy to do business with you anytime. Sorry deal went way it did and even more sorry you had to defend yourself. I hate threads like this because nobody ever wins but you certainly did nothing wrong from what I have seen

Eric
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
I hate threads like this because nobody ever wins

BS. Everyone who wasn't involved has won. The buyer lost money but has kept his name; only the seller has lost everything and will be in need of a new O ring.
I'm convinced.

Yes he could be just acting like he is pushing the button when it does not work. However, I'm 99% sure he is being truthful.

Give the guy his fuuking money back JWP, and save some face.

Your move. Choose it wisely (and try exhibiting some class this time).........
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/14/14
We can keep this retarded thread going forever if you all like. It will be fun. We can keep discussing this magical lens that does work, but doesn't. And the "dirty camera" that needed to be cleaned sooooo badly...

It will be epic! Might as well have some fun right?

p.s. anyone that lives in Colorado likes espresso if you get what I mean...lol

Congrats JWP....you just won a free ride to the "Ignore List".....phoucing incredible!
Posted By: tack Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14

JWP58,

Class act that he is, Matt has opened the door for you. Wonder if your smart enough to realize that and man enough to do the right thing.

Tack
Posted By: kenai Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
Wasnt there a post by Yalie to Safariman that turned into some kind of dogpile (sort of like this) and then everyone who berated Yalie turned out looking like retards? Hmmmm I suppose not-so-distant-history does repeat itself.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
Did anyone else notice that Matt is a fine looking guy?

P
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
uhhh. no.....maybe he should post a pic of the wife?
Posted By: wageslave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
Originally Posted by kenai
Wasnt there a post by Yalie to Safariman that turned into some kind of dogpile (sort of like this) and then everyone who berated Yalie turned out looking like retards? Hmmmm I suppose not-so-distant-history does repeat itself.

Well,
If Matt starts being a classified cowboy (Safariman's term......laffin') and tells of nearly being dead from multiple calamities, trading in used parts, not being able to work from said condition, or walk while hunting, but brags about bedroom exploits with his wife lasting all day, I would wonder. I could go on, but won't.
Posted By: deflave Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Did anyone else notice that Matt is a fine looking guy?

P

Gorgeous.

Travis
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
I am only in it for the free BBQ with SLM and Drum. Will JWP spring for deflave, too? He does have a pocketful of cash from the camera sale.....
Posted By: remfak Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14

No, based on your comments and attitude, I'd say you are done with this site.
Posted By: pal Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
... JWP58...Wonder if your smart enough to realize that and man enough to do the right thing...

After cheating his buyer, this dirtbag then falsely accused and set out to besmirch the buyer's reputation. He never intended to do the right thing. POS.
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/15/14
Please list his name.
Id want to let everyone over on texas hunting forum know how much of a jackleg this dude is.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
Bump for lunch plans. JWP, when are you heading this way. You mentioned it was to be this week when you said you were going to pay me a visit.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
JWP has been awful quite since the video...wink
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
Yeah what a douche .....

Where did JWP58 go?
Guess maybe he thought it over, and decided he didn't want to buy you any espresso after all. grin
Posted By: slg888 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
Doubt he'll show for lunch nor need the 24hr classifieds anymore. He's got $320bucks, he's rich & probably moving on up to the good life like the Jeffersons.
Posted By: Mink Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
Wrong turn at Albuquerque?
Posted By: tack Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
He went down in flames.
You can't really throw out the "I'll be in your neck of the woods so let's meet" challenge and then bail can you? If lunch is too expensive he can buy me a cup of McDonald's coffee because I can't stand Starbucks.

JWP, I'm fairly open today, Tuesday and Wednesday. Friday I am definately out of town and I might be able to squeeze you in on Thursday if you get back to me.

Lets see here.......

gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

So I tried to PM JWP58 my digits as a matter of principle and he has ignored me and won't accept my PM's. What a douchebag. Screws a guy out of $300+ for a camera that doesn't work and when he's called on it he throws out the "let's meet" and then runs and hides like a little bitch.

[Linked Image]

I quoted him above because I guarantee he has listed that camera for sale on every forum he mentioned in the quite above. Let's post links to this screwing on those forums and out that cancer out of business. What do y'all think?
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
You can't really throw out the "I'll be in your neck of the woods so let's meet" challenge and then bail can you?

It only happens 99.9% of the time with keyboard warriors.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
JWP58 is probably busy slurping espresso cream in Cheyenne.
JWP58 is probably busy slurping espresso cream in Cheyenne.

Lmao, in Barnes and Noble, with his pinky finger kicked out
Posted By: Tracks Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
I figure he's a wise man for not showing up.
I've met you. grin
Posted By: djones Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
Originally Posted by Tracks
I figure he's a wise man for not showing up.
I've met you. grin

^^^^^^^^

now it's beginning to make sense. hunt didn't sound like a bluff!
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
I get the sense he can kick all the a$$ he wants to.

P
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/17/14
No refund, no espressso, no balls, no integrity, no class.......
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
I'm a lover�

What is sad about the deal is that it appears that JWP is originally from TX and enjoys TX music, hunting, fishing and everything we like so there is a common bond. I was hoping to talk sense to the guy but obviously he is gone and is ignoring any attempt to be reasonable.

His reputation to him is worth less than $300. That pretty much tells me all I need to know about the guy. What a pathetic little bitch
Posted By: dcmtex Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
Unless I missed it Matt, it might not hurt to tell us his name in case he shows up on other sites we visit.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/88210-Canon-Rebel-XT-three-lenses-many-extras

Is this the same camera? Looks like he had it just about a year if it is

Sad that this kid wouldn't make it right. I am disappointed
Posted By: sactoller Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
Originally Posted by kenai

Having dealt with yalie. ..All I will say is that I would never deal with that bottom feeding POS again!

Once was more than enough.
Posted By: matt_gu3 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14

That looks a lot like it. That pic has a few things that didn't come in this package.
Several people have asked me to post his info. I'm not real comfortable doing that. I'd really hate to have someone look him up and then go tune him up.

Matt
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
Bad advise...the lawyers would have a field day, probably at your expense.
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
His blog says he's a proud texan or some crap.
Yeah,sure you are there buddy.
No true texan would handle business in this manner.
Prolly a transplant yankee...
No offense to any yankees on here.
LOL
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/88210-Canon-Rebel-XT-three-lenses-many-extras

Is this the same camera? Looks like he had it just about a year if it is

Sad that this kid wouldn't make it right. I am disappointed

if you read the thread jwp comes in at the end ,wondering if its still for sale.
Posted By: tack Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
I think the probabilities are:

1. JWP buys a camera on or about a year ago via the inner-net.
2. Finds out there is a problem with one of the lens.
3. Re-lists the camera on various classified forums.to recoup his loss.
4.Makes the sale and gets his money back.
5. His plan never had any intent to reimburse anyone.
6. He will be back with a new handle and no regrets.
I spent a few years driving many like him to the County prison in Jessup, Md.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/18/14
October 23rd 2013 post by JWP58

http://theblogaboutbirdsgunsandothercrap.blogspot.com/

"Oh ya, and my DSLR camera died on me. I got ONE picture, but that one picture was of a beast I thought was found in myths...........the Blue Grouse"......

Is this the same camera on this screenshot? Some guy named JWP58 was selling something and the picture was a link to a guy named James Pendletons photobucket account

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to a bow he was selling that had the link to photo bucket
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
Originally Posted by AH64guy

On what grounds? I don't believe there's anything illegal about posting the name and location of a guy on the interweb. You obviously can't put a bounty on the guy or anything, but warning others about being ripped off should be fine if the facts are correct.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=257678
Posted By: thekidd76 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
Is this the same camera on this screenshot? Some guy named JWP58 was selling something and the picture was a link to a guy named James Pendletons photobucket account

That looks like it to me..and if you read what sig888 posted, JWP knew the camera was damaged back last October prior to putting it up for sale claiming it was all good.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
And still no answer or response from the crook.
Posted By: SlimShady Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
Crooks are lower than that stuff on the bottom of your shoe! Hate to see anybody get ripped, and I feel bad for you Mike. Unfortunately, in my line of work, I have seen victims taken for hundreds of thousands of dollars. That said, given the low dollar amount, it would unlikely meet any federal US Attorney's prosecutive guidelines.

I agree, probably not the best idea to be spreading his name around...though you probably wouldn't be doing anything illegal. However, I would do this! I would read US Codes 1341 and 1343, Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud respectively. Then, I would contact your nearest US Postal Inspectors and FBI Office's. They will likely tell you what I said in the last sentence of paragraph 1. Tell them you understand but insist that your complaint, including the individual's name, get documented on a proper complaint form. That way it will be documented in the event this individual becomes involved in some bigger scheme/scam. This certainly won't take the sting out of being ripped off. But many experienced investigators will tell you that crooks keep stealing, until they get caught (and a prosecutor is wiling to prosecute). Slim Shady
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
There's a JWP58 posting on Texas Hunting Forum dot com. Says hes from wyoming. Sells stuff sometimes.
Wonder if it's this same guy?
Last posted there yesterday.
Posted By: Killertraylor Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
I'm an attorney and I'd post the bastard's name and address no problem to protect other people here on the forum when he comes back with a different username. No liability at all for that - there is no law against posting people's information on the internet once they give it to you - especially when they give it to you while bending you over.

Posted By: FOsteology Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/19/14
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
There's a JWP58 posting on Texas Hunting Forum dot com. Says hes from wyoming. Sells stuff sometimes.
Wonder if it's this same guy?
Last posted there yesterday.

Same guy, and it was a year ago as of yesterday that he posted last.
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
Fosteology.
You are correct.
Sorry.
Just wanted to let anyone know over there.
Posted By: JLarsson Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
I think he's paying attention here. His blog has been cleaned out - all posts are blank.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

On what grounds? I don't believe there's anything illegal about posting the name and location of a guy on the interweb. You obviously can't put a bounty on the guy or anything, but warning others about being ripped off should be fine if the facts are correct.

Action One: Posting his user name/name, aliases, and known member forums are one action, agreed, not much of an issue.

Outcome: Well, we've seen the whining and pouting that goes on from both sides in other threads. Done all the time on the boards to remove deadbeats.

Action Two: Posting his address for a "visit" from another Campfire member...what is the probable, instead of the expected/desired, outcome?

Outcome: From lawyers to the Buyer: you were told "No refund", but publically posted the address of the seller for a "visit" by another forum member.

Member: You went to the home with the expectation to speak with/confront the seller, who has already indicated a hostile attitude towards the situation, and you expected "what" to happen. The victim speak of "reasonable man" will have the seller as the aggrieved party in line one of the opening argument. By posting the address publically, you have in fact posted the "bounty" of a refund at stake in the visit.

The lawyers can say it better than I can, but its pretty obvious that the situation can get much worse for all involved.

Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
He's paying attention, he's been sending me private messages on another forum. He says that if the OP would have asked for an inspection period he would have granted it but because he didn't he's SOL. He also says that the lens works on manual focus so there shouldn't be a problem. He is nothing more than a white trash POS
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
Action One: Posting his user name/name, aliases, and known member forums are one action, agreed, not much of an issue.

Outcome: Well, we've seen the whining and pouting that goes on from both sides in other threads. Done all the time on the boards to remove deadbeats.

Action Two: Posting his address for a "visit" from another Campfire member...what is the probable, instead of the expected/desired, outcome?

Outcome: From lawyers to the Buyer: you were told "No refund", but publically posted the address of the seller for a "visit" by another forum member.

Member: You went to the home with the expectation to speak with/confront the seller, who has already indicated a hostile attitude towards the situation, and you expected "what" to happen. The victim speak of "reasonable man" will have the seller as the aggrieved party in line one of the opening argument. By posting the address publically, you have in fact posted the "bounty" of a refund at stake in the visit.

The lawyers can say it better than I can, but its pretty obvious that the situation can get much worse for all involved.

Attn: 24 Hour Campfire Members...

Joe Smith
123 Pole Puff Lane
Blue Ball, PA 17506

I purchased a camera and equipment from Joe, only to find out that one of the lenses malfunctions. Despite numerous attempts to contact Joe and work out a remedy to this situation, Joe has yet to respond. I am posting a warning for fellow members to be extremely cautious in transactions with Joe Smith. I hope that a resolution can still be found for this unfortunate event and welcome Joe's input both privately and in this thread.

Thank you,
Hosed in Helena

***Where's the liability in that? If you are really worried, you can always leave out the address and let people take the extra five seconds to locate the guy's house on Google Earth. In any case, I respectfully believe that you're assuming way too much risk in this situation by posting the crook's info.
Posted By: SLM Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
He's paying attention, he's been sending me private messages on another forum. He says that if the OP would have asked for an inspection period he would have granted it but because he didn't he's SOL. He also says that the lens works on manual focus so there shouldn't be a problem. He is nothing more than a white trash POS

Does this mean he's not buying lunch?
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 02/20/14
Originally Posted by SLM

Does this mean he's not buying lunch?

Who knows. He claims to have been on Loveland yesterday but I was in Denver with my wife for her birthday. He says that he doubts I'll "be available" when he comes back which is laughable.

Rest assured that he is watching this thread closely. He sent me a PM on the other message board telling me that he's not white trash because he's educated. Poor thing must not understand that moral fiber and character mean more than an education to most people when judging a man
White Trash Or Not, Hes A Pusssy.

Jwp, Please Message Me And Tell Me I Am Incorrect.
Posted By: Jalopy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/25/14
this JWP58 dude is on a roll!!!!!!

http://gundogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=48023

http://gundogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=47781
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I've had JWP58 on ignore forever. Can't tell ya why; but they make ignore, they ain't coming back.

I do to. the only people that make my ignore list are the ones that have shown themselves to be untrustworthy.
Epic.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Sweet, I'd missed this one. Another douchyboy on ignore.

I wish I knew a way to publish my ignore list? All posers, douchbags and puzzies not to transact with....
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
One seller who is going on my ignore list. I keep reading an inspection period was not discussed... so the buyer had no idea there was no inspection period because you never discussed it!

I didn't see in the original link that it was sold "as-is" with no returns, because you didn't discuss it. How is the buyer to know if you don't put that info up front, from the beginning?

Just a dirtbag seller
Posted By: john843 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Anybody that lives on POLE PUFF(er) Lane might need a break:)
Posted By: Jalopy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
WARNING! JWP58 is a LEO! Well, actually a mall cop in Cheyenne, Wyoming but still, a man of authority. He's taking names and making lists of ya all.
Posted By: aheider Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Mall cops aren't LEOs. Just sayin.
Posted By: Mink Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Originally Posted by Jalopy
WARNING! JWP58 is a LEO! Well, actually a mall cop in Cheyenne, Wyoming but still, a man of authority. He's taking names and making lists of ya all.

Then what your saying he's a bad cop, the a man of authority, it seems to be more and more of this now days, there above the law
Posted By: fredhorace77 Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 12/26/14
Originally Posted by Jalopy
This sounds like something JWP58 would say...I did notice he hasnt posted anything since his last stunt pertaining to this thread...Maybe u are him, just registered with a new profile name...lol
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/04/16
Just to bump this up to the top because JWP contacted me out of the blue on another forum claiming I was trolling him on yet another forum, a forum I wasn't even a member of until he told me about it. What's hilarious is a guy from my town asked him about items he had for sale and he automatically thought it was me. Dumbass

Also, JWP58 has changed his name to JimTX which I'm sure he would have used here had it not changed all of his posts to that sign on name.

This guy is about as worthless as it gets so be careful if you ever deal with this trash
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/04/16
He's going on Ignore +P!
Posted By: WeimGuy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/04/16
I'm glad to see this back and being used.To many douche bags are ruining it for others.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/08/16
JWP58 is getting good reviews on Hunt Talk. Maybe the POS is changing his ways. I doubt it though

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...0-Wingmaster-20ga-CVA-wolf-muzzle-loader
Posted By: WeimGuy Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/08/16
Sounds like his alter ego praising him.....
Posted By: bigwoods Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/09/16
Sounds like a douche to me....

https://plus.google.com/102780600961941854229/posts
Posted By: Bugger Re: Deal Gone Bad��. - 05/09/16
In "Ask the Gunwriters", johnnyo55 pushed a new Model 70 stock saying it was really nice. He couldn't provide pictures, I trusted him, paid plenty for the stock $220. He sent several PM's. When I received it, I was under-whelmed. It almost looked like Birch, IMO. I asked to send it back and offered to take a $40 hit on it. johnnyo55 said, "I'm in the business to make money. No."
I paid premium for a ugly stock. I feel screwed by johnnyo55 .

johnnyo55 is:

John O'Connell
2713 Dunham Woods Rd. Harvard, IL 60033
847-338-8698
© 24hourcampfire