Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by JWP58
I'm now done with this thread.

So, just so we're all clear...

Who's the liar?

Lol. No schitt - it's like he just can't help himself from showing everyone he's even a bigger azzhole than he was before he took his ball and went home.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Classic little man syndrome.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JWP58
You must be [bleep] retarded since I already stated Im not going to even bother with the hassle anymore. Cant you read dipshit? And yes I do live in Wyoming, if you're passing through let me know...

Oh, so now your word is worth something? Excuse me for a moment while I compose myself. You've already told at least one blatant lie in this thread, in case you've forgotten. Oops.

No one believes for a moment that you're planning to abandon internet sales. This isn't our first rodeo and we spot the clowns pretty easily. I suspect you'll create some new screen names to peddle goods on internet forums soon, but this stuff usually catches up with you again. You should probably hope the OP doesn't publicly out you by name. That would make the charade tougher to carry on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What day are you coming down and where are you buying me lunch?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man I bet Safariman is loving the heat being on someone else!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll buy ya lunch if you take me hunting! I've seen the critters you post!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I'm not a judge, but if I were to bet on what happened this would be it.

The OP and his wife wanted a camera, the OP wanted to buy it on the Fire and show his wife what a good place it was to buy sh*t, the OP's wife didn't really want to do it, but initially gave in. When the camera showed up and it wasn't what she really wanted, she pitched a bitch. The OP then had to come up with a reason to send it back. He sent a PM claiming some BS, it pissed the seller off. Then the seller f*cked up big time by not returning he PM right away.

That about right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Greenbrier
JWP58,

If the only thing that was the issue was it not working on Auto-Focus, I hardly believe he would smash it. Why dont you let him take it to a non-biased individual, have it inspected, and if it truly did not work, give him his money back. If it does work, he is outta luck.

I really dont understand why someone would be willing to keep money if this was the case. Why the harsh attitude of a stern NO?

Does this mean that from now on we are to assume all the things we buy here are not working and not to expect our money back no matter what?

Again, a non-player seems like a logical answer. You could even find a shop yourself and ask that the camera be taken there.

I hardly believe he could manipulate the camera for all features to work except one.

When you start connecting the dots, it becomes pretty apparent that the seller knew he was peddling damaged goods and hoped not to get caught. When that failed, he tried to ignore the problems. When that failed and this thread was started, he took the hyper-aggressive stance that we're seeing now. No one acts this way when intentions were honest from the start. It simply doesn't happen.

If I were the OP, I'd take that lens to a camera shop and get the problem diagnosed in writing. Then I'd post the proof here so that all doubts are squashed and publicly name the seller so that future transactions can be more easily spotted. The seller isn't going to own up to this sham, but at least the truth will be aired.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'll buy ya lunch if you take me hunting! I've seen the critters you post!

grin

I'm looking forward to meeting the guy. Aside from the meltdown today he seems like a decent enough guy. We'll see

Ps, I'm ordering dessert too

Last edited by huntsonora; 02/13/14.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora
What day are you coming down and where are you buying me lunch?
And while your there having lunch JPW58, see if you can con Huntsonora into giving me a huge discount on one of those bad-ass mule deer hunts..... you seem to be good at bullsh*ting your way into & outta deals.

Last edited by slg888; 02/13/14.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mirage243

The OP and his wife wanted a camera, the OP wanted to buy it on the Fire and show his wife what a good place it was to buy sh*t, the OP's wife didn't really want to do it, but initially gave in. When the camera showed up and it wasn't what she really wanted, she pitched a bitch. The OP then had to come up with a reason to send it back. He sent a PM claiming some BS, it pissed the seller off. Then the seller f*cked up big time by not returning he PM right away.

That about right?

I'd bet against you on that one. OP has been using the 'Fire classifieds for years, so this isn't his first transaction. Seller is also acting way too aggressively for this to be a simple case of buyer's remorse.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

That about right?

I'd bet against you on that one. OP has been using the 'Fire classifieds for years, so this isn't his first transaction. Seller is also acting way too aggressively for this to be a simple case of buyer's remorse.

Is this his first known bad transaction? Reason I say that is, I'm in business for myself and there are some folks that you just ain't gonna make happy. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it is possible. Seller would be looked at in a lot better light if he had replied right away, that's for sure.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek

Last edited by OU812Day; 02/13/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is this his first known bad transaction? Reason I say that is, I'm in business for myself and there are some folks that you just ain't gonna make happy. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it is possible. Seller would be looked at in a lot better light if he had replied right away, that's for sure.

I don't know about the OP's transaction history. I'm just reading the tea leaves in this thread and coming to my own conclusions. Seller would be hard-pressed to do anything that would make him look worse than he does now. I think we can all agree on that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OU812Day
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek

Things that make you go. . . . .hmmmmm????

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by OU812Day

I think he's saying that the lens mounted on both camera bodies, but the auto-focus function didn't work while mounted on either one.

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, i mean too many. I have to agree that I would in no way offer a refund for buyers remorse, and I myself would never ask for a refund if I had buyers remorse. I also wouldn't refund the shipping if such an occasion arose.
If you don't want it contact the guy you bought it from and see if he had anyone else interested as you'd like to sell it

Big box stores don't refund shipping if you just decide you don't want it.

If some thing is damaged and unadvertised that's another thing. And I'll always work with someone to rectify concerns, but honestly everyone has a phone and if not we certainly have PM"S. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DISCUSSED PRIOR TO...

WHEN ALL THAT FAILS THEN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IS JUSTIFIABLE

Last edited by Iclimb; 02/13/14.

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I stay out of these threads as they always take on a mob mentality. Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lightning
Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.
What do you expect the buyer to do...blow him? 4 days w/ignoring PM's is long enough, any longer would give the seller enough time to spend the money on used tires. laugh

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by lightning
Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.
What do you expect the buyer to do...blow him? 4 days w/ignoring PM's is long enough, any longer would give the seller enough time to spend the money on used tires. laugh

Rollin'.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,802
Posts18,496,324
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.