Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
His blog says he's a proud texan or some crap.
Yeah,sure you are there buddy.
No true texan would handle business in this manner.
Prolly a transplant yankee...
No offense to any yankees on here.
LOL

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsonora
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/88210-Canon-Rebel-XT-three-lenses-many-extras

Is this the same camera? Looks like he had it just about a year if it is

Sad that this kid wouldn't make it right. I am disappointed

if you read the thread jwp comes in at the end ,wondering if its still for sale.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the probabilities are:

1. JWP buys a camera on or about a year ago via the inner-net.
2. Finds out there is a problem with one of the lens.
3. Re-lists the camera on various classified forums.to recoup his loss.
4.Makes the sale and gets his money back.
5. His plan never had any intent to reimburse anyone.
6. He will be back with a new handle and no regrets.
I spent a few years driving many like him to the County prison in Jessup, Md.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
October 23rd 2013 post by JWP58

http://theblogaboutbirdsgunsandothercrap.blogspot.com/

"Oh ya, and my DSLR camera died on me. I got ONE picture, but that one picture was of a beast I thought was found in myths...........the Blue Grouse"......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this the same camera on this screenshot? Some guy named JWP58 was selling something and the picture was a link to a guy named James Pendletons photobucket account

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to a bow he was selling that had the link to photo bucket

Last edited by huntsonora; 02/18/14.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Bad advise...the lawyers would have a field day, probably at your expense.

On what grounds? I don't believe there's anything illegal about posting the name and location of a guy on the interweb. You obviously can't put a bounty on the guy or anything, but warning others about being ripped off should be fine if the facts are correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Is this the same camera on this screenshot? Some guy named JWP58 was selling something and the picture was a link to a guy named James Pendletons photobucket account

That looks like it to me..and if you read what sig888 posted, JWP knew the camera was damaged back last October prior to putting it up for sale claiming it was all good.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
And still no answer or response from the crook.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Crooks are lower than that stuff on the bottom of your shoe! Hate to see anybody get ripped, and I feel bad for you Mike. Unfortunately, in my line of work, I have seen victims taken for hundreds of thousands of dollars. That said, given the low dollar amount, it would unlikely meet any federal US Attorney's prosecutive guidelines.

I agree, probably not the best idea to be spreading his name around...though you probably wouldn't be doing anything illegal. However, I would do this! I would read US Codes 1341 and 1343, Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud respectively. Then, I would contact your nearest US Postal Inspectors and FBI Office's. They will likely tell you what I said in the last sentence of paragraph 1. Tell them you understand but insist that your complaint, including the individual's name, get documented on a proper complaint form. That way it will be documented in the event this individual becomes involved in some bigger scheme/scam. This certainly won't take the sting out of being ripped off. But many experienced investigators will tell you that crooks keep stealing, until they get caught (and a prosecutor is wiling to prosecute). Slim Shady

IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
There's a JWP58 posting on Texas Hunting Forum dot com. Says hes from wyoming. Sells stuff sometimes.
Wonder if it's this same guy?
Last posted there yesterday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm an attorney and I'd post the bastard's name and address no problem to protect other people here on the forum when he comes back with a different username. No liability at all for that - there is no law against posting people's information on the internet once they give it to you - especially when they give it to you while bending you over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
There's a JWP58 posting on Texas Hunting Forum dot com. Says hes from wyoming. Sells stuff sometimes.
Wonder if it's this same guy?
Last posted there yesterday.

Same guy, and it was a year ago as of yesterday that he posted last.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Fosteology.
You are correct.
Sorry.
Just wanted to let anyone know over there.

Last edited by venado_hunter; 02/20/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think he's paying attention here. His blog has been cleaned out - all posts are blank.

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Bad advise...the lawyers would have a field day, probably at your expense.

On what grounds? I don't believe there's anything illegal about posting the name and location of a guy on the interweb. You obviously can't put a bounty on the guy or anything, but warning others about being ripped off should be fine if the facts are correct.

Action One: Posting his user name/name, aliases, and known member forums are one action, agreed, not much of an issue.

Outcome: Well, we've seen the whining and pouting that goes on from both sides in other threads. Done all the time on the boards to remove deadbeats.

Action Two: Posting his address for a "visit" from another Campfire member...what is the probable, instead of the expected/desired, outcome?

Outcome: From lawyers to the Buyer: you were told "No refund", but publically posted the address of the seller for a "visit" by another forum member.

Member: You went to the home with the expectation to speak with/confront the seller, who has already indicated a hostile attitude towards the situation, and you expected "what" to happen. The victim speak of "reasonable man" will have the seller as the aggrieved party in line one of the opening argument. By posting the address publically, you have in fact posted the "bounty" of a refund at stake in the visit.

The lawyers can say it better than I can, but its pretty obvious that the situation can get much worse for all involved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's paying attention, he's been sending me private messages on another forum. He says that if the OP would have asked for an inspection period he would have granted it but because he didn't he's SOL. He also says that the lens works on manual focus so there shouldn't be a problem. He is nothing more than a white trash POS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Action One: Posting his user name/name, aliases, and known member forums are one action, agreed, not much of an issue.

Outcome: Well, we've seen the whining and pouting that goes on from both sides in other threads. Done all the time on the boards to remove deadbeats.

Action Two: Posting his address for a "visit" from another Campfire member...what is the probable, instead of the expected/desired, outcome?

Outcome: From lawyers to the Buyer: you were told "No refund", but publically posted the address of the seller for a "visit" by another forum member.

Member: You went to the home with the expectation to speak with/confront the seller, who has already indicated a hostile attitude towards the situation, and you expected "what" to happen. The victim speak of "reasonable man" will have the seller as the aggrieved party in line one of the opening argument. By posting the address publically, you have in fact posted the "bounty" of a refund at stake in the visit.

The lawyers can say it better than I can, but its pretty obvious that the situation can get much worse for all involved.

Attn: 24 Hour Campfire Members...

Joe Smith
123 Pole Puff Lane
Blue Ball, PA 17506

I purchased a camera and equipment from Joe, only to find out that one of the lenses malfunctions. Despite numerous attempts to contact Joe and work out a remedy to this situation, Joe has yet to respond. I am posting a warning for fellow members to be extremely cautious in transactions with Joe Smith. I hope that a resolution can still be found for this unfortunate event and welcome Joe's input both privately and in this thread.

Thank you,
Hosed in Helena

***Where's the liability in that? If you are really worried, you can always leave out the address and let people take the extra five seconds to locate the guy's house on Google Earth. In any case, I respectfully believe that you're assuming way too much risk in this situation by posting the crook's info.

Last edited by 8SNAKE; 02/20/14.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
He's paying attention, he's been sending me private messages on another forum. He says that if the OP would have asked for an inspection period he would have granted it but because he didn't he's SOL. He also says that the lens works on manual focus so there shouldn't be a problem. He is nothing more than a white trash POS

Does this mean he's not buying lunch?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM

Does this mean he's not buying lunch?

Who knows. He claims to have been on Loveland yesterday but I was in Denver with my wife for her birthday. He says that he doubts I'll "be available" when he comes back which is laughable.

Rest assured that he is watching this thread closely. He sent me a PM on the other message board telling me that he's not white trash because he's educated. Poor thing must not understand that moral fiber and character mean more than an education to most people when judging a man

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.