Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by FOsteology
JWP58,

I for one appreciate your response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Choosing to close down communication with the buyer
No inspection period (As-Is)
Piss poor attitude and approach to entire issue

Safe to say that I'm not the only one who will NOT buy/sell/trade with you.

This is the response I am going with on this one.

Yep. Exact kinda guy/BS I don't need.

Ignored buyers PM because "there was nothing to discuss". That alone tells me all I need to know of him.........

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by matt_gu3
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.

My point, exactly.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh, and I guarantee a good name is worth more than a few hundred bucks. This stuff follows you around.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Give it up guys. No sense trying to clean up another mans crap that he doesn't want to clean up himself.

Matt thanks for the heads up. Sorry the deal went down like it did. Good luck with getting the camera working properly.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by dtspoke
As a contrast to this sordid deal, let me tell you about the most recent transaction I've had here that took place over the last couple of weeks.

I posted a desire to buy a Win EW in 7WSM since they are hard to find for sale. I had a few guys PM me with different guns (thanks by the way), but Double_D (hope he doesn't mind me using his handle) contacted me with one that had quite a bit of good work done on it and was exactly what I had been looking for.

He gave me a great deal on it and covered shipping. I sent him a check and he had the gun at UPS before it even cleared. Then, after the stated arrival date I contacted UPS to clarify when the new date would be and they stated it was lost in transit.

I contacted the seller just to give him a heads up that I had filed a lost package report with UPS (I do this as a matter of course due to the amount of time an investigation can take).

Now, he did everything on his end and it certainly wan't his fault, but he guarantees my money even if they don't find the gun. I couldn't do that in good conscious and I knew UPS would either find it eventually or pay the claim, but it was nice to have that kind of over the top desire to make a deal right.

LOTS of good communication.

The gun shows up a few days later (it had been stuck on a truck in bad weather) and it just so much nicer than I had hoped.

Great deal.

I would much rather hear about great deals ending smoothly. This is what I have come to find, usually, on the fire.

Matt

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.

I think you are missing the point that my wife and I had spoken about this before payment was sent. If we had completely changed our minds we would have simply apologized to the seller for changing our minds and would have not sent the payment.
The reason I requested the refund is because there is most definitely a faulty lens in the package and I specifically asked if there were any issues before telling the seller "I will take it".

Matt [/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking his side, it just seemed in your PM to be a bit of hesitation on the deal.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JWP58
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt

My point, exactly.

No the point being and you have skirted it the [bleep] lens does not work with camera or any other camera.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It worked fine for me. I wouldn't sell something that didn't work.

Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s. that is pissed he didn't get out of a purchase that he regretted.

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you. And go ahead and keep bumping this thread, it wont change anything.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s. that is pissed he didn't get out of a purchase that he regretted.

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you. And go ahead and keep bumping this thread, it wont change anything.

Again, sounds exactly like a 15 year old that just got caught. Sadly this post portrays JWP58 in exactly the opposite light he hopes for.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Henry McCann

Again, sounds exactly like a 15 year old that just got caught. Sadly this post portrays JWP58 in exactly the opposite light he hopes for.

No, that's called me being honest. Im not trying to make friends, or sing songs around a campfire. Im calling a spade a spade. The dude is [bleep] liar and knows it. And all you dipshits believe him lol

If it didn't work I'd sure like to know just how the [bleep] I took pictures with.......must've been MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No, that's called me being honest. Im not trying to make friends, or sing songs around a campfire. Im calling a spade a spade. The dude is [bleep] liar and knows it. And all you dipshits believe him lol

Uh, 'flave, you want to respond to this or should I? grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[bleep] you too hose dragger.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Seems like a simple cross-reference of lense model to camera model would indicate the truth. I would think this would fall on the buyer since he is the one making allegations.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So if you had another buyer and the OP seemed to waffle on the original purchase why didn't you sell it to the other buyer and refund his money as he indicated you could in his PM and make everybody happy before it came to this? Besides your obvious hostility about the whole transaction it seems he gave you an out before you even got his money so something just isn't adding up in how you're presenting your version of what happened especially with your failure to reply to multiple messages. Good luck trying to sell anything here again..

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

Oh no, [bleep] that. Im never selling ANYTHING over the internet again.

1. Its not with the trouble
2. Its their word vs. mine
3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I bet it DOES change something, and already has wink

Do you often shop at places with "no return policies? Where if you receive something and don't like it for any reason, or worse it doesn't fuuking work, you just have to eat it? You know, just chalk it up as a loss and move on?
I know I don't.

I expect a little common courtesy and human decency from those in which I deal with, as customer satisfaction should be the goal of the seller. Since you portray none of these qualities in a seller, and extend no common courtesy to your fellow 'Fire members whatsoever, why would someone want to deal with you in any way? No thanks.

I wish you well in your endeavor to further tarnish your name..........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

You are such a victim here. Poor baby

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ya you're right, I should give him his money back, pay for shipping back to me, pay him the shipping that I paid for, and buy him the camera he really wants. Since customer satisfaction is what its all about.

And then when I get the camera back and it works fine, what then? Do I get to make a thread bitching about him?

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya you're right, I should give him his money back, pay for shipping back to me, pay him the shipping that I paid for, and buy him the camera he really wants. Since customer satisfaction is what its all about.

Sounds better than ignoring his PMs, calling him a liar, and turning your name into mud, to me, but that's your call.

Maybe actually communicate with him like an adult and reach a fair compromise. Maybe he will happily pay shipping and you refund his money. Never know until you talk to him. That's what adults do.........

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

Oh no, [bleep] that. Im never selling ANYTHING over the internet again.

1. Its not with the trouble
2. Its their word vs. mine
3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

I believe your lack of communication caused 99% of your problem!

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.