Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JWP58
Originally Posted by slg888
How do you think the item got broke?

I don't think it did. Bottom line, Im not going to accept a return, an inspection period/return period was not discussed.

I'm now done with this thread.

So if the OP takes the lens to an independent camera shop, which verifies it is broken, you'll still tell him to pound sand because an inspection period wasn't discussed?

I'm glad you listed the web sites that you sell stuff. Makes it very easy for people to follow you around the web and let others know exactly how you conduct business, should they get such an inclination.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Fireball seems to be a Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

Seems like the campfire is pretty selective about their justice...

You defended safariman very well.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

Handy list of places to be wary of your antics. Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

Seems like the campfire is pretty selective about their justice...

You defended safariman very well.
Travis

Clever reply. Damned if ya do damned if ya don't. But clever doesn't address the point.

The truth is, if we can dissect anybodies life to the 10th degree to crucify them, we should also be able to acknowledge lots of good dealings done right. It's all part of the bigger picture of a mans character.

Not saying this cat's right about the camera deal, but let's be even-handed in meting out our justice and give a man his day in court.

"Oh, he's a great guy, great seller here!" All deals show on a man's ledger, not just a single good one, or a single bad one.

In the end, you makes your bed and you lies in it. Safariman has his bed, and this guy has his, whatever it is. Not choosing a side at this point.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He had his day in "court" and he told the op to pound sand.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
List of guys not to do business with:

1.Safari man
2.JWP58

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
List of guys not to do business with:

1.Safari man
2.JWP58

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ya mean there is two of each. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You can attempt to drag me through the mud as much as you want.

Ignoring someone after a sale is just plain wrong, you should have communicated with him regardless of the fact you had no intentions of taking said item back. Ignoring his pm's right off the bat makes it appear that this happened intentionally on your part.

You ended up dragging yourself through the mud, he attempted but you succeeded.

You sir are also on my toxic sellers list.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JWP58 you sound exactly like the high schoolers I deal with.

Instead of taking responsibility and making things right, no matter whose fault it is, the first response for 15 year olds is anger and the blaming of everyone else but themselves.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
How do you think the item got broke?

How about you do us all a favor and be done with 24HCF? You clearly don't belong if you don't have the common decency to favor the buyer with a reply.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?

Sort what out??? What is to sort out? I'm not giving him his money back, it worked perfectly when I shipped it (I took several pictures with it a day before I shipped it).

An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

What about this:
The Camera showed up and has some issues. here is the PM I sent to him letting him know: James, the camera got here yesterday afternoon.
There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D. The inside of the camera will need a professional cleaning. If it was just the cleaning we would just get it done but since the lens isn't working correctly I would like to send this back to you for a refund. I'm hoping you understand. I of course will cover the return shipping.

So it seems like the issue is with the lens... I don't know why guys buy used cameras online hell you can go buy a new one with no hassles.

Last edited by 79S; 02/13/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
JWP58 you sound exactly like the high schoolers I deal with.

Instead of taking responsibility and making things right, no matter whose fault it is, the first response for 15 year olds is anger and the blaming of everyone else but themselves.

Exactly. Anybody can deal honorably when things go their way. It's when things don't go our way that true character (or lack thereof) shows through.

If someone is unhappy with an item I sell and let me know quickly I am going to take it back no questions asked.

This shifting blame is as childish as it gets and only highlights the lack of character of sellers here who practice it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Clever reply. Damned if ya do damned if ya don't. But clever doesn't address the point.

I think I made my point quite well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How convenient

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Hate hearing this stuff on here. I have done hundreds of deals with members and not a single problem I can recall.

There did not used to be as many classified cowboys here either. Remember the old story about how hobo's would put a mark on the door where they got a handout, so others would know. Maybe we got a mark. miles

Great Post miles!! I have the same feeling anymore. I always check past posts from sellers before jumping. I never had to do that years ago.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by matt_gu3
Guys, I just wanted to clear some things up here. I want to make sure everyone understands what JWP58 means by me being wishy-washy.
here is part of his first post here: No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Here is his PM to me during the process of the sale: Just to make sure since I have another fella that's interested, you already sent out a money order correct?

Here is my response: I did just today. But honestly if you want to go with the other guy you can send it back. My wife was having second thoughts but i told her it was too late and I didn't want to leave you hanging. Really if you want to go that route it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It only makes sense to me that if I truly didn't want the camera I just would have sent him a PM saying that we have changed our minds and that I apologize for leaving him hanging. It makes no sense to send the money then come up with some elaborate lie to drag him through the mud to get a refund. As I said in my original post, I don't expect to get anything back I'll just deal with some faulty equipment.

Matt

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by mirage243
[/quote]

It sounds a little like maybe your wife didn't want it in the first place and you wanted to send it back.

I think you are missing the point that my wife and I had spoken about this before payment was sent. If we had completely changed our minds we would have simply apologized to the seller for changing our minds and would have not sent the payment.
The reason I requested the refund is because there is most definitely a faulty lens in the package and I specifically asked if there were any issues before telling the seller "I will take it".

Matt

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As a contrast to this sordid deal, let me tell you about the most recent transaction I've had here that took place over the last couple of weeks.

I posted a desire to buy a Win EW in 7WSM since they are hard to find for sale. I had a few guys PM me with different guns (thanks by the way), but Double_D (hope he doesn't mind me using his handle) contacted me with one that had quite a bit of good work done on it and was exactly what I had been looking for.

He gave me a great deal on it and covered shipping. I sent him a check and he had the gun at UPS before it even cleared. Then, after the stated arrival date I contacted UPS to clarify when the new date would be and they stated it was lost in transit.

I contacted the seller just to give him a heads up that I had filed a lost package report with UPS (I do this as a matter of course due to the amount of time an investigation can take).

Now, he did everything on his end and it certainly wan't his fault, but he guarantees my money even if they don't find the gun. I couldn't do that in good conscious and I knew UPS would either find it eventually or pay the claim, but it was nice to have that kind of over the top desire to make a deal right.

LOTS of good communication.

The gun shows up a few days later (it had been stuck on a truck in bad weather) and it just so much nicer than I had hoped.

Great deal.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.