S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by SLM
I love BBQ.

Want to come up and go to lunch with us?

Hell ya, I'd never turn down free BBQ.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right is right.

I have returned a few items simply because they aren't the same in person as they appeared online. Never with anyone on a forum, but on internet sales sites and the Bay. Sometimes you can't always tell the quality of an item even though you think you can at the time. No surprises is the best policy.

Bought a Weaver scope from Natchez a couple years ago. Thought it was Jap made. It was Chinese. It went back, no questions asked.

It is nice to be able to return an item should you(or they) mess up. I do not buy from sellers with no return policies, for more reasons than one.

I try to extend the same courtesies I have come to appreciate/expect to those who buy from me. That said, I have never had an "issue" buying or selling here, to date..........

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
JWP58 sounds like a pos.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTB Nosler 7mm 140 AccuBonds or 150 ABLR.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JWP58
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

Oh no, [bleep] that. Im never selling ANYTHING over the internet again.

1. Its not with the trouble
2. Its their word vs. mine
3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

"[bleep] this! I'm taking my [bleep] ball and going home!! The internet is being mean to me cause I'm a douche nozzle, what the [bleep]! I sold a truck once and nobody complained, why won't anyone believe me!!!!"

Is that what everyone else got out of this load of kock snot?

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just post JWP58 name and address so we know who to look out for in the furture and lets get enjoying what we like to do. I think its time for this, he's not going to do the right thing, he already said that

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I'm thinking that Nordys BBQ would be a good place to have lunch. I like the rib and brisket combo

See you there if you're eating Monday night around 8 PM.... laugh

Tanner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58
Just post JWP58 name and address so we know who to look out for in the furture and lets get enjoying what we like to do. I think its time for this, he's not going to do the right thing, he already said that

I'll take some selfies of us at lunch next week so you'll know what he looks like grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Need 284 brass.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I bought GreatWaputi's Tikka today. He showed on time, we talked a bit, he handed me the box, I looked in, said Great, handed him an envelope with a bunch of hundred dollar bills in it, he put it in his pocket, we talked fishing some more, I gave him some smoked tuna, we shook hands, and left.

That's how it's supposed to be.

P

Yep, that transaction couldn't have worked out better for either of us. I was glad the original deal fell through and it was well worth a few $$$ not having to dick around with shipping. Plus it's always nice to put a face with the name.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hillestadj
You know what, I guess hindsight is 20/20, because that's what I should've done.

Oh no, [bleep] that. Im never selling ANYTHING over the internet again.

1. Its not with the trouble
2. Its their word vs. mine
3. It results in this [bleep] storm when a grown ass man acts like a child that spent his allowance on something and then regrets it.

p.s. I wasn't hostile until and entire forum took one mans word based on NOTHING and made me into the bad guy.

"[bleep] this! I'm taking my [bleep] ball and going home!! The internet is being mean to me cause I'm a douche nozzle, what the [bleep]! I sold a truck once and nobody complained, why won't anyone believe me!!!!"

Is that what everyone else got out of this load of kock snot?

I have no dog in this hunt, but JWP58 has come across as a complete ass with how he has reacted on this thread and that he has not responded to PM's. Maybe the OP is doing something wrong, maybe the seller could tell him so if he answered PM's or God forbid, they spoke on the phone. But with no communication, all that's impossible. From what I have seen, I would be very hesitant to do any business with JWP58

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Once again, ignoring a buyer's PM's after money is received seems to be a common trend.

People are ph.uckers

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
ARE YOU [bleep] KIDDING ME?????

No, I know someone who bought a camera from me who apparently didn't really want it, and is now claiming that it is defective (which it most certainly was not when I shipped it) and wants his money back.

I even asked him to clarify that he wanted the camera as I had another buyer interested, at which time he was still wishy-washy about buying (although he stated he had already mailed the money order).

Bottom line the camera was sold as is and in working order. I've sold numerous firearms on this website, M4carbine.net, armslist, and AR15.com. I HAVE NEVER had a problem or an issue.

I am not a dirt bag. This is complete bullshit and Im not going to cave and take it back and give you your money back, jerk. You can attempt to drag me through the mud as much as you want.

Just be honest "matt", you didn't want it and now you're doing whatever you can to get your money back.....be honest with everyone. I am not walmart, I do not take returns simply because you decided you didn't want it.

You are give the initials JWP a bad name. Do the right thing man communicate with the purchaser and make things right ignoring his PM was/is wrong and not making the transaction right is wrong.

Just because you have had some good transactions doesn't make it OK to. It make this transaction right.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ok folks, I guess I have not made myself very clear. So I'll attempt to do that as politely as possible.

1. I do not care if anyone wants to do business with me. That's your choice, I don't care, and I'm done dealing with the hassle of selling stuff on this site.
2. No inspection period was EVER discussed, asked about, or hinted at prior to Mr. Matt receiving the camera (that works just as it should)
3. In light of #2, I'm not going to work with him on a return. I accepted 300 shipping included, it cost me 42 bucks to ship the camera and 5 and change for the box. That means that Mr. Matt got a Canon DSLR with 3 lenses, a bag, charger, ect, ect for about 250 bucks.
4. I ignored him because his issues with the camera are 1. opinions (cleaning?) 2. buyers remorse. You know, if he hadn't already advised me that he was having second thoughts about purchasing it (AFTER HE MAILED THE PAYMENT) I might have worked with him. But since he did, no way. I don't refund for buyers remorse, Im sorry his wife decided she didn't want it. The camera worked great for me.

I don't know what else there is to say. I've sold tons of stuff, and I've seen the 24hrcf "bash the seller" posts before, never thought I'd be the subject of one....but hey, the mob mentality rules here I suppose.

So folks, be careful who you sell to. If you want an inspection period, or feel like you might regret spending your allowance, be sure to ask for a 3 day inspection/return for any reason possible period.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
all of your 'good' transactions don't mean squat. this is the one you'll always be remembered for. you should have taken the effort to handle it.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad
all of your 'good' transactions don't mean squat. this is the one you'll always be remembered for. you should have taken the effort to handle it.

Exactly. "I'm a stubborn a$$hole and simply don't care about others or my own reputation" would have been a lot easier to type out........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok folks, I guess I have not made myself very clear. So I'll attempt to do that as politely as possible.

Oh, I think you've been quite clear. The problem is that, despite being clear, you're still completely in the wrong with this transaction and refuse to own up to it. This can all be cleared up VERY EASILY.

1. OP takes potentially defective lens to an independent camera shop for diagnosis.
2. OP posts results of said diagnosis, with supporting documentation.
3. If the lens is broken, offer him a refund. If the lens is fine, you're proven to be correct.
4. Move on with life.

You, of course, won't agree to this because you obviously knew about issues with the lens. There is absolutely no other reason for you to decline such an arrangement. Don't start sputtering about how the OP will intentionally damage the lens just to get a refund, either. Any decent camera shop would be able to spot that and it would also be pretty difficult to damage only the auto-focus feature.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think Matt should let his wife run the show���..

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

1. I do not care if anyone wants to do business with me. That's your choice, I don't care, and I'm done dealing with the hassle of selling stuff on this site.
2. No inspection period was EVER discussed, asked about, or hinted at prior to Mr. Matt receiving the camera (that works just as it should)
3. In light of #2, I'm not going to work with him on a return. I accepted 300 shipping included, it cost me 42 bucks to ship the camera and 5 and change for the box. That means that Mr. Matt got a Canon DSLR with 3 lenses, a bag, charger, ect, ect for about 250 bucks.
4. I ignored him because his issues with the camera are 1. opinions (cleaning?) 2. buyers remorse. You know, if he hadn't already advised me that he was having second thoughts about purchasing it (AFTER HE MAILED THE PAYMENT) I might have worked with him. But since he did, no way. I don't refund for buyers remorse, Im sorry his wife decided she didn't want it. The camera worked great for me.

I don't know what else there is to say. I've sold tons of stuff, and I've seen the 24hrcf "bash the seller" posts before, never thought I'd be the subject of one....but hey, the mob mentality rules here I suppose.

So folks, be careful who you sell to. If you want an inspection period, or feel like you might regret spending your allowance, be sure to ask for a 3 day inspection/return for any reason possible period.

Matt offered to pay shipping a reasonable response would have been to refund the money and take the camera back.

You have been clear through out and that is you are not going to do right.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I was thinking Nordys but I might be more in the mood for a good burger. I'll let you know. What day are you heading this way? Can't wait to put a face with the name

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,573
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.