Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JWP58
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

You have yourself to blame for ignoring him. This wound is self inflicted. Had you had correspondence with him it would be a different story here

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Your attitude sucks

Yours probably would too if you were falsely accused of something. Sorry it pisses me off.

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?

Sort what out??? What is to sort out? I'm not giving him his money back, it worked perfectly when I shipped it (I took several pictures with it a day before I shipped it).

An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sort what out??? What is to sort out? I'm not giving him his money back, it worked perfectly when I shipped it (I took several pictures with it a day before I shipped it).

An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

I wasn't passing judgement before but I am now, you're an a**hole

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The only sale that matters is the current one as we've all seen based on several stellar examples here lately that past performance may not indicate your current behavior. As others have noted, you've done a great job making yourself look like a jerk when a simple PM could have at least helped deal with the issue and showed that you at least attempted to engage the buyer. Sounds eerily reminiscent of a certain seller that immediately put a buyer on his ignore list...

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
How? By providing actual feedback on some previous sells I've had? Or is it the honesty that bothers you?

How a person handles 1 "deal gone bad" tells me a lot more about them than 50 positive feed backs.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I state again, An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

You know the next time I get buyers remorse i'll make some stuff up and then drag the seller's name through the mud....aka the 24hr way. I just love you people are assuming Im an [bleep].....when someone LIES about me...I guess I am.

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
How do you think the item got broke?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 700shooter
Don't have a dog in fight but if u had another buyer and current buyer not happy and offering to ship back on his dime seems reasonable to me. There are always to sides to story but looking at the facts this seems my be best approach where everybody is happy Just my 2 cents

Im sorry he never asked me prior to receiving the camera if he could return it if he "didn't like it".

Lets see here.......

gundogforum.com
rokslide.com
AR15.com
M4carbine.com
24hourcampfire.com
Craigslist.com
Texashuntingforum.com
expeditionportal.com
utahbirddogs.com

I've sold numerous shotguns, a few AR's, tons of parts and ammo, road bikes, a truck, hunting apparel, ect, ect. I've never had an issue. In fact I've never had ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT. So you know what, 1 out of 50-60 deals is a number I can accept. You cant make everyone happy, and now I'd rather eat dog crap than give this turd his money back.

So if that makes me a "toxic seller" or whatever the heck you guys call it....fine.

Doesn't matter what you sold in the past, who you sold it to, or where you sold it at. What are YOU going to do to take care of this problem. the guys is not happy with his purchase and said its not working and want to return it on his dime.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by slg888
How do you think the item got broke?

I don't think it did. Bottom line, Im not going to accept a return, an inspection period/return period was not discussed.

I'm now done with this thread.

Last edited by JWP58; 02/13/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow. This is disappointing.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whether the camera "took" good photos before shipment is relevant. Whether the seller has sold other things successfully is not the issue.

According to the language of the "contract" the camera was sold with "NO ISSUES".
But The buyer noted several issues.

That would consitute a breach of contract. Buyer should go to sellers locality and sue for money damages.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I state again, An inspection period was never asked for, or discussed. If it had, I'd have NO PROBLEM working with the guy, but to lie about the condition of the camera???? No Im sorry, that's why I blew him off and didn't respond.

You know the next time I get buyers remorse i'll make some stuff up and then drag the seller's name through the mud....aka the 24hr way. I just love you people are assuming Im an [bleep].....when someone LIES about me...I guess I am.

You're not doing yourself any favors with your repsonses, you might want to step back and rethink things.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Best way to look at it.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
That's fine, you can have your opinion. Don't care, my record speaks for itself. Im not the dirtbag this guy made me out to be.

I disagree. Your attitude and unwillingness to even discuss the matter with the buyer like a reasonable adult speaks volumes....

Step back, cool off and think about it. Put yourself in his position. If you felt a deal wasn't as advertised, and/or there was an issue, and the seller wouldn't even discuss the matter, how would you feel?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

Seems like the campfire is pretty selective about their justice...

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
JWP58,

I for one appreciate your response. The edification obtained from your firm stance was enlightening.

Choosing to close down communication with the buyer
No inspection period (As-Is)
Piss poor attitude and approach to entire issue

Safe to say that I'm not the only one who will NOT buy/sell/trade with you.

This is the response I am going with on this one.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, actually it does matter what's gone on in the past dealings. At least it did for Safariman. His record clear back years ago was searched out, even on unrelated matters.

You defended safariman very well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not true, how many shady dealings did he have in the past? How many sellers weren't satisfied with the end results from him?

This is the first time for JWP58 so you can't really compare the 2.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I just don't feel there is any excuse for zero communication after a sale but this is just me.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate hearing this stuff on here. I have done hundreds of deals with members and not a single problem I can recall.

There did not used to be as many classified cowboys here either. Remember the old story about how hobo's would put a mark on the door where they got a handout, so others would know. Maybe we got a mark. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your attitude sucks

So you say the camera was working, he says it wasn't. How you going to sort it out?

With that comment, your finished here. Go back to your other dozen forums.
Some of my best friends here came from bad luck deals, but we TALKED and now I will back those guys forever.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.