Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by lightning
Could have been handled better on both sides in my opinion.
What do you expect the buyer to do...blow him? 4 days w/ignoring PM's is long enough, any longer would give the seller enough time to spend the money on used tires. laugh

Rollin'.

Lmao!!!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SLM I thought you stole my avatar. I have a picture that looks just like your avatar. I'll see if I can find it. Every time I see it I double take

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Like I said, mob mentality. Same guys making post after post in these threads. Get a life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lightning

Like I said, mob mentality. Same guys making post after post in these threads. Get a life.

Want to meet us for lunch? grin

Last edited by huntsonora; 02/13/14.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by mirage243

I'm not a judge, but if I were to bet on what happened this would be it.

The OP and his wife wanted a camera, the OP wanted to buy it on the Fire and show his wife what a good place it was to buy sh*t, the OP's wife didn't really want to do it, but initially gave in. When the camera showed up and it wasn't what she really wanted, she pitched a bitch. The OP then had to come up with a reason to send it back. He sent a PM claiming some BS, it pissed the seller off. Then the seller f*cked up big time by not returning he PM right away.

That about right?

That isn't even close. Her first deal on the fire is the sling debacle. She's still waiting for that.
Didn't need to "come up with a reason" the lens doesn't work as it should. It really is that simple.

Matt

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by JLarsson
Originally Posted by OU812Day
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek

I think he's saying that the lens mounted on both camera bodies, but the auto-focus function didn't work while mounted on either one.

Thanks JL, I thought that was easily understood. Sorry for any confusion.

Matt

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Iclimb
As I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, i mean too many. I have to agree that I would in no way offer a refund for buyers remorse, and I myself would never ask for a refund if I had buyers remorse. I also wouldn't refund the shipping if such an occasion arose.
If you don't want it contact the guy you bought it from and see if he had anyone else interested as you'd like to sell it

Big box stores don't refund shipping if you just decide you don't want it.

If some thing is damaged and unadvertised that's another thing. And I'll always work with someone to rectify concerns, but honestly everyone has a phone and if not we certainly have PM"S. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DISCUSSED PRIOR TO...

WHEN ALL THAT FAILS THEN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IS JUSTIFIABLE

Guys, this is not a case of buyers remorse. This is a case of the lens doesn't work and I was told before I agreed to buy it that the camera and lenses had no issues. If you reread my Original post, I also told him that "I of course will cover return shipping."

Matt

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 2014 Campfire Cabin Fever Season is in full swing.

It's like hunting the rut, but without the fun.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by matt_gu3
Originally Posted by Iclimb
As I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, i mean too many. I have to agree that I would in no way offer a refund for buyers remorse, and I myself would never ask for a refund if I had buyers remorse. I also wouldn't refund the shipping if such an occasion arose.
If you don't want it contact the guy you bought it from and see if he had anyone else interested as you'd like to sell it

Big box stores don't refund shipping if you just decide you don't want it.

If some thing is damaged and unadvertised that's another thing. And I'll always work with someone to rectify concerns, but honestly everyone has a phone and if not we certainly have PM"S. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DISCUSSED PRIOR TO...

WHEN ALL THAT FAILS THEN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IS JUSTIFIABLE

Guys, this is not a case of buyers remorse. This is a case of the lens doesn't work and I was told before I agreed to buy it that the camera and lenses had no issues. If you reread my Original post, I also told him that "I of course will cover return shipping."

Matt

Then it's pretty cut and dry! If it were me I'd refund your money. I think you should get it looked at and throw it up here for all to see.

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
WTB...243 winchester 95 grain SST.

Oh yea....bump

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by coryj
WTB...243 winchester 95 grain SST.

Oh yea....bump

Seriously, PM me about the 95 grain SST ammo.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by matt_gu3
Originally Posted by JLarsson
Originally Posted by OU812Day
The only thing that I don't quite understand is this : "There is a problem with the 28-80 lens. It does not work when on the Auto Focus. It doesn't work on this body or my wifes 50D". How you tell if the auto focus doesn't work if the lens won't fit on the body? I don't know anything about those cameras but one would think it would have to be ON the camera before the focus would be workable. Sounds odd. And makes me glad I didn't buy it cause I was considering it. eek

I think he's saying that the lens mounted on both camera bodies, but the auto-focus function didn't work while mounted on either one.

Thanks JL, I thought that was easily understood. Sorry for any confusion.

Matt

No confusion I simply read it wrong, my bad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The 2014 Campfire Cabin Fever Season is in full swing.

It's like hunting the rut, but without the fun.

That what you call it? I call a good ol fashioned [bleep], numnuts.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking that Nordys BBQ would be a good place to have lunch. I like the rib and brisket combo

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I love BBQ.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JWP58
Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s...

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you...

It is you, sir, who is the liar and pos, and who does not deserve to be a member, here. You are a scoundrel.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by SLM

How a person handles 1 "deal gone bad" tells me a lot more about them than 50 positive feed backs.

It certainly does.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by JWP58
Quite honestly I am of the opinion that Mr. "Matt_gu3" is stone cold LIAR, and an all around p.o.s...

[bleep] him, and [bleep] you...

It is you, sir, who is the liar and pos, and who does not deserve to be a member, here. You are a scoundrel.

I was thinking douche nozzle, but scoundrel is close enough, and POS a definite accurate assessment.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SLM
I love BBQ.

Want to come up and go to lunch with us?

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have bought many things over the Internet and had buyers remorse a good number of times. But that's my problem and usually I'll just sell it and take a small loss and keep keeping on. But if something is damaged or not as advertised that's a different story. I did have one issue on a pair of binos I bought off the bay years ago. They showed up pretty grungy when the seller swore they were mint and "like new". The difference is he got back to me instantly and offered me a full refund or a partial refund if I decided to keep them as is. I took the partial refund and had them professionally cleaned and was content with the deal. If he had ignored my initial email I would have stopped at nothing to deface his credibility.

JWP58........bad form sir.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 37 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,156
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.