-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good. We have run into 'issues' where that hasn't been etched in stone�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
suit me just fine for your or Gipsy to never get shot or slashed by some azzhat POS, or for that matter even an upstanding citizen.

have always appreciated your mindset about your career and how your duties are best carried out, along with a bunch of the other really good LEO's on here.

toss Gipsy a treat from an ole transplanted redneck

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This raises an interesting question; if the original story were a K-9 unit responding to two labs on the loose, how would things have gone down?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dogs sometimes get real excited & act up,when they sense a guy is a real [bleep]. I've seen it many times before.
That cop needed to cover it up,right quick,his short comings

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Liking an animal more than a person is a sure sign of emotional immaturity.

Well, Blue, you might feel otherwise if you met all of my family.

lmao . . . . . . same here

+3

And not only family. There's some sick sick people in this world.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It's another case of some town hiring a dickweasel and the dickweasel doing what comes natural to him...dickweasling.

I kind of file this under "duh". Cops are grown up hall monitors who, for the most part, are employed to collect taxes from law abiding people under the guise of law enforcement and public safety. I know it, you know it, and they know it. Think speed traps and 3 digit tickets for California rolls. Doing the job requires and attracts a certain personality trait that you refer to as "dickweasel". Unfortunately, given the kind of society we (collectively) tolerate, we need someone just like that to deal with the occasional serious criminal threat because we no longer hang those types, and someone to enforce the eleventy billion chicken [bleep] laws that the leaders we elect impose upon us for the purpose of revenue collection.

Watching Officer Dick shoot the dog was hard. I would much prefer it had been a mouthy gang banger. He obviously had a big yellow streak up his back the dog could smell which egged it on. How hard would it have been for Officer Dick, admittedly afraid of the dog, to contact the guy in the house over his blow horn or have someone at the PD do it by phone? Also, most people tend to look out the window when they hear a police siren coming from their front yard. Somehow, the dog owner could have been contacted, told to get his azz out and restrain his dogs, after which Officer Weasel could have safely exited his vehicle and issued the ticket. Lots of ways the situation could have been handled better by anyone with enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot. Hopefully he gets fired but chances are he won't. They tend to look out for each other.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dogs sometimes get real excited & act up,when they sense a guy is a real [bleep].

The little 8 pound Jack Russel mix I had could spot off-duty Cops at the range every time, ain't saying them Cops were [bleep]s but maybe it was something in their body language got him PO'd.

Stopped bringing him for that reason.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Of course, I ain't talking hounds here....

Birdwatcher

laughing

Anyone want a 'good' hound dog?

Come and get him.

I think I just heard Mickey Coleman slam the door on his truck.

prepare for the arrival of an Alabama gunsmith Sam, thaw out some steaks, ole Mickey knows how to put a scald on em

Sweet Randy, let me go find the hound!

This has been a very interesting and surprising thread.

Put me the 'crazy' camp, I would honestly rather hang out with the dogs than most people. Obviously I value a good dog's life more than some lazy, breeding, lowlife degenerate human.

Call me crazy but I think there is just about as much human cull as there is dog cull. I'm not arrogant enough to think otherwise, some people are the worst animals on the planet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Of course, I ain't talking hounds here....

Birdwatcher

laughing

Anyone want a 'good' hound dog?

Come and get him.

I think I just heard Mickey Coleman slam the door on his truck.

prepare for the arrival of an Alabama gunsmith Sam, thaw out some steaks, ole Mickey knows how to put a scald on em

Sweet Randy, let me go find the hound!

This has been a very interesting and surprising thread.

Put me the 'crazy' camp, I would honestly rather hang out with the dogs than most people. Obviously I value a good dog's life more than some lazy, breeding, lowlife degenerate human.

Call me crazy but I think there is just about as much human cull as there is dog cull. I'm not arrogant enough to think otherwise, some people are the worst animals on the planet.

Problem with your position Sam is, Who is the arbiter of who gets culled or not?

Human life is supposed to be sacred. We decide on who gets "culled" then we are no better than Hitler, Pol Pot etc.

Better to deal effectively with the scum of the earth through an effective criminal justice system that includes the death penalty. Leave the judgement of who gets to live or die to God.

Last edited by AB2506; 02/15/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cull as in child molester, murderer, rapist, thief.

I'm not talking ethic cleansing here, just bad people(cull) in general.

For example Hitler would be in the cull pen.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/15/14.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got ya!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The little 8 pound Jack Russel mix I had could spot off-duty Cops at the range every time, ain't saying them Cops were [bleep]s but maybe it was something in their body language got him PO'd.

I'm recalling the time some big ol' SWAT guy, there for a handgun match, bemused at being confronted by a tiny dog, tried to back him down. Sparky weren't having none of it and didn't give an inch grin

Sure do miss that ornery little cuss and infallible intruder alarm.....

[Linked Image]

...passed a year ago this month, currently lies under the front lawn near the door.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AB2506
Got ya!

Hook, line, sinker...and the rod as well.

And as for the discussed issue, I am most definitely not the one to be making the cull or not to cull determination as I know for sure that I would be inclined to be heavy handed, bloody minded, and generally unpleasant.

Just like every other person on this Earth.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Agreed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cull as in child molester, murderer, rapist, thief.

I'm not talking ethic cleansing here, just bad people(cull) in general.

For example Hitler would be in the cull pen.
Your meaning was clear to me, for one.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Stopped bringing him for that reason.

Birdwatcher

Perhaps your dog just didn't like the smell of doughnuts? wink

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One BIG difference between human cops and canine cops is that the canine cop focuses entirely on his mission, personal safety be damned.

I ain't saying it should be otherwise.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.