Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I am getting the house ready to sell asap. I have hated it here for the last 10 years. This is the straw that broke the camels back! Its paid off is the only reason I'm still here but this is just stupid.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your neighbor is a fuggin idiot and needs his ass whipped. You should be happy your kid is shootin' crows instead of shootin' dope. That birdshot wasn't dangerous to your neighbor and I say he's full of sh*t.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
7 1/2s at anything over 75 yards is not going to hurt anything. Neighbors should be charged.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tell your neighbor if he shoots his pistol at your son again , you will start buying him 00 Buck to crow hunt with .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
There is a big difference between a kid making a mistake and an adult intentionally shooting toward a kid.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
ok what is making this thread weird to me is people are more worried about how far shot will travel than how people act or the safety of my kids. So here is the deal do the math if it makes you feel better.

My property is 288 feet long north to south the corner of the field is about another 50 yards north and maybe 150 yards west. My neighbors house is close to another 300 feet from the south end of my property making the blind we shoot crows out of kind of northwest of his house. Ridge is about a 30 degree incline and is about 100 yards tall. Hell I don't know it could be closer to 200 250 yards I suck at math and I'm a shot gun guy who doesnt give a $hit if it isnt within 50 yards not a rifle shooter that can say that's 207 yards dead flippin nuts on the money cause I shot a crow with a 204 that had one blue eye at 207 yards and I know 207 yards like the top of my weenie.

Point being its a long ways and the distance of the shot fall isn't what's important. I mean wth some idiot shot in the direction of my son who I love more than life on purpose.

If the figures you provided are correct, it's 288 yards from your shooting blind to the neighbors house.

To stay under 300 yards you need no more then 3 shot with 3 dram loads. Since the standard upland game loads are 3 1/2 drams you neighbors house appears to be in range for a little lead rain.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
kid needs schooled on the 4 basic firearms saftey rules. chit like this starts with its only a bb gun then its only a shotgun then its only a 22. dad wore redwings not lamas

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I am getting the house ready to sell asap. I have hated it here for the last 10 years. This is the straw that broke the camels back! Its paid off is the only reason I'm still here but this is just stupid.

It's a good time to sell.

Prices are high, and if you with to mortgage a new property you can still get in before rates increase.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't think the kid did anything wrong at all. A shot in the air with bird shot, is a safe shot. If the thought of someone shooting over your head at a distance bothers you, please stay out of the dove fields.

But anyway, they neighbor sounds like an idiot. I'd probably let it go too, but he needs to understand a thing or two.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/22/14.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't be too tough on the boy. He learned a good lesson about his shotgun's range. Your neighbor learned one, too.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The reason I bring the shot distance up is because I don't think your Son is at fault at all. I think your neighbor is a piece of cap and needs his ass whipped. Definitely wasn't justifying your neighbors action.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Wisturkeyhunter, I knew what you ment. Wasnt aimed at you. Some of the earlier posts were what I was addressing. No worries bro, I was just making a point and those guys in the earlier post are intitled to their opinion s too.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread reminds me of my mid teen years when my hunting bud and I used to shoot birdshot at each other from 100yds or so. 7 1/2's were harmless, but 5's and 6's got kinda stingy at times. Have a hard time believing 7 1/2's would travel 300-400 yards.

If'n your neighbor was shooting a handgun towards your kid at that distance he really oughta have his butt kicked. Although the law would likely side with him on that issue and you'd be in deeper than him.

Black Cows Matter!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Was he shooting a shotgun or something else towards the woods?

didn't see, I only heard but my wife said a revolver.

my wife was screaming its reid up there stop shooting and he just kept on shooting. He knows reid and also knows he is the only one who hunts up there and he only bird hunt and you only hunt birds with a shotgun.

Everybody knows the sound of birdshot falling on metal roofs like a barn if you have dove hunted in the south. You can tell it isn't a single loud thud not spinkles of 3 or 4 little pings.

Cops made a judgment that he was being reckless and saw where Reid was shooting from and said they couldn't belive shot could even make it that far. Like I said Reid was in the wrong but my God my wife was screaming at the guy to stop and he just looked at her and kept going. Can you imagine what she felt like. She is still a wreck.

I'd tell that sucker he best thank God you weren't home or you would have stopped him dead nuts cold for attempted murder.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Should have pressed charges. Been peppered with shot multiple times and I just laugh. Firing towards somebody with a handgun intentionally? That needs jail time.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. Sounds like attempted murder to me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would press charges. This guy was shooting at your kid for Christ's sake!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not fileing charges but I told the cops right in front of my wife and the neighbor if he ever comes outside with a gun and shoot up into the woods when my son is hunting on top of the ridge again I most esuredly will take his life and you can put that in your report. And I will, without hesitation...

I understand how you feel, but should such a thing occur in the future, please stop and consider that your son needs you around to be in his life, not locked away from him.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jnyork
Your son is in serious need of adult supervision and training, just sending them off to Hunter Education class in not enough. Your neighbor needs his azz kicked.

Oh crap.

Oh, are you from New York. You're as bad as the neighbor who was pissed because he was getting shot at. I hope you aren't a teacher and have a kid eat a pop tart the wrong shape.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/22/14.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'm thinking guns and unsupervised teens do not mix. i keep my guns in the safe at all times. i have twin teenagers and taught them well but they do not shoot unsupervised. and i live in the country with no close neighbors.

So the kids who have used a gun protecting themselves or siblings from an intruder would have been chitt out of luck in your house?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by jnyork
Your son is in serious need of adult supervision and training, just sending them off to Hunter Education class in not enough. Your neighbor needs his azz kicked.

+1 to that

Half the folks on the fire figured shot fired up wouldn't go that far so the kid needs heck for not knowing better? Some folks need to get a life.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 21 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,076
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.