Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A guy shoots at a kid and doesnt get arrested?!? That wouldn't happen around here.

Getting sprinkled by shot from above is really a non event. Imo the kid didn't do anything wrong.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by frogman43
Your neighbor is a POS.....you need to move!

No, your neighbor is a piece of sh*t and he needs to move, 'cause his house accidently caught on fire and burned to the ground.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I'm not a saint but trust me its not me.

rest assured, that after reading your horsechit thread, I'll NEVER trust you to do the right thing, Mister.

The azzwhole fired a center fire arm at your SON.

Man up, and quit crawling / flopping around on the ground in front of this fire.

Go lay charges .

GTC

Little harsh ain't it?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Check the Tennessee hunting regulations to see how far from an occupied dwelling you are required to be before discharging a firearm. The prosecutor who handles your complaint against your neighbor will certainly check that reg. I believe the law is 100 yards but you better know for sure. Was the land your son was hunting on yours, public or some other landowner? Did he have written permission if it was so posted? Sometimes when the legal system gets involved there are unintended consequences.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
100 yards, another land owner permition by word of mouth, land is not posted.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Everything down? Bummer.

Yeah, in the interim, I've had to drive 35 miles into work, to relieve my partner. This was supposed to be a 1 hour outage. We now have 2 consultants on death watch, waiting for another consultant in Canada to call back.

Lock the doors.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

rest assured, that after reading your horsechit thread, I'll NEVER trust you to do the right thing, Mister.

Man up, and quit crawling / flopping around on the ground in front of this fire.

Go lay charges .

GTC

ok lets say I do, then what happens is what usually happens, our wonderful system works like it usually does. Nothing happens but a slap on the wrist or jail and he makes bail right back out, now we already know this dude is crazy. Now crazy guy is mad as hell. My kids are home alone for 2 hours everyday before I get home from work with that guy next door.

You say man up, let me tell ya it was a lot harder for me not to beat his eyes out than it was to use my brain, keep my cool and think about what is gonna be the thing that keeps my boys safe. I have wanted to move for a while so its gonna be now.

You seem so very nice, maybe I'll buy a house next to you. grin.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Good luck. What size company? Never even heard of an entire farm going TU at once. Hope your DR plan is up to date.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Man oh man seal billy, sounds like you've got a true crazy. Sorry for your trouble. I left town never to return for events exactly as you describe. Your long term solution is to live in the country. Trust me on that one, you'll be much happier.
If these things are recurring, you filing charges may be what is needed to either get him into the system and held accountable, get him to move, or get him to shut up. One things for sure, doing nothing gets you nothing.
On the loud music, cops hate it when all the neighbors call repeatedly for parties at the same place. You and your neighbors can band together and marathon call the cops on the nights he plays the music.
Again, YOUR happiness will be an investment. Move to the country ultimately.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/23/14.

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Bad deal all around, hope Mother Hen is calmed back down and okay today. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Congratulations on not stomping his GD guts out. A major escalation to deadly endangerment like his is nearing insane territory, so prepare for more of it. That genie is out of the bottle now. Be safe.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nah, I imagine the guy feels like a first rate dumbass this morning and he'll probably tread pretty lightly from here on out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read this thread again, and more details have come out.

1. The neighbor knows your son and that he bird hunts in that area.
2. Your wife was screaming at him to stop.
3. The guy was using a revolver.

While your son made an error in judgement, this azzhat neighbor of yours made a conscious descision to try and fatally harm your son. He cannot claim ignorance due to the above. That requires IMO an azz whipping at best and legal prosecution as well. Also IMO, attempted murder would not be a stretch knowing the above.

Last edited by Mink; 02/23/14.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Good luck. What size company? Never even heard of an entire farm going TU at once. Hope your DR plan is up to date.

It's a small farm and a long story. We're about a year into a massive clean-up after they fired the VP and started doing it right. They hired me just in time to see his tail lights.

My guess is the Canadians will come across in the next hour.
The root cause was a corrupted VMWare host-- bad luck. The HA worked, but. . .

Sorry for the unintentional hijack.

Back to the subject. My feeling is that anytime you pop a primer in someone's direction, you mean to kill them. Beyond that, everything else in this story is fluff. Call the prosecutor on Monday AM. In KY, you can put a peace bond on the perp and squelch that kind of stuff.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Granted that hindsight is 20-20, but his ass woulda been paid for if Mother Hen had dropped him while he was shooting toward her kid.

The OP wouldn't have to move and maybe the neighbor's replacement wouldn't be insane.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pira114

Go lay charges .

GTC

Little harsh ain't it?

No ,.......one's SON getting shot would be "Harsh".

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Gunner

Granted that hindsight is 20-20, but his ass woulda been paid for if Mother Hen had dropped him while he was shooting toward her kid.

The OP wouldn't have to move and maybe the neighbor's replacement wouldn't be insane.

Or this crazy bastard returns fire on his wife at that point and the man is either dealing with a dead spouse or trying to get her out of jail. I think she reacted appropriately under the circumstances. No need to escalate the crazy with someone that is already in loonyville.

With that said, I damn sure would not have faulted her is she went over and put this guys balls into the next county.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mink

No need to escalate the crazy with someone that is already in loonyville.

With that said, I damn sure would not have faulted her is she went over and put this guys balls into the next county.

If she really had been in fear that this guy was not only flaming away on his revolver but acted like he was intentionally trying to hit someone, she would have been within her rights to take him down. With a firearm!
I hope you're not suggesting you think she could have prevailed against this guy , who was armed and flaming away, by just walking over there, on his property, and attacking him physically. That would be really stupid.

LOL
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Gunner

Or this crazy bastard returns fire on his wife at that point and the man is either dealing with a dead spouse or trying to get her out of jail. I think she reacted appropriately under the circumstances. No need to escalate the crazy with someone that is already in loonyville.

Yes, I'd kick Jr's backside, pet Momma, and let the legal system play their usual game with neighbor, then in 5/10 years he'd turn around and I'd be there......................

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does that saying go?

Oh yea,,, There's two sides to every story. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Or something like that.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 39 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.