-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some here think the boy didn't do anything wrong. Seems to me one of the basic rules of shooting are to know where every shot is going to end up. With houses in the area he shouldn't be shooting in that direction no matter how harmless the end result would seem to be. He is certainly less in the wrong than the neighbour but not completely guilt free.

Jim

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Agreed, the boy needs to be more careful, but 7.5 shot dropping on a roof. Who does he shoot at when it hails?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your neighbor was definitely out of line.

If anyone is ever going to have the pleasure of shooting my kids,
it's definitely going to be me. I've earned it. wink

Last edited by SteelCityArcher; 02/23/14.

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would watch the neighbor. What else is going to set him off on a shooting spree ? Hope cool heads prevail and all can see the dangers here and defuse any future problems.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Some here think the boy didn't do anything wrong. Seems to me one of the basic rules of shooting are to know where every shot is going to end up. With houses in the area he shouldn't be shooting in that direction no matter how harmless the end result would seem to be. He is certainly less in the wrong than the neighbour but not completely guilt free.

Jim

He did know where it was going...up. A shotgun filled with birdshot and shot in the air is safe, period. It isn't a rifle.

Have any of you ever been duck hunting on a busy WMA on opening day? My goodness if some of you went by the same standards there that you espouse here, you would never take your shotgun out of the case. The shot sometimes looks like rain tinkling down in the decoys. At times, it is almost constant.

On the other hand, it might be considered rude. Especially if there were other options.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/23/14.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
SealBilly,unless you actually saw and collected some of that 7.5 shot that was supposedly falling on the house...Nobody's gonna convince me that it happened.I believe this person just wanted to act crazy and put on a show like he's all bad and crazy,don't you know.Your Son did nothing wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I know that my boy was in the wrong. You can't see any houses from up there but he should have known not to shoot in that direction. He was shooting 7.5s almost strait up so it wasn't danderous he just thinking. I'm gonna make him go through hunters safety again.

Well, that's the good part. for the rest of it...

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and your neighbor, and the cops. All that doesn't sound so good.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by shameless
SealBilly,unless you actually saw and collected some of that 7.5 shot that was supposedly falling on the house...Nobody's gonna convince me that it happened.I believe this person just wanted to act crazy and put on a show like he's all bad and crazy,don't you know.Your Son did nothing wrong.

Yea, lying brat was probably chootin crows with buckshot. crazy

I'd definitely call a fire member and his son liars rather than question someone trying to choot a kid with a pistol.

Shameless fits you well.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Mink

No need to escalate the crazy with someone that is already in loonyville.

With that said, I damn sure would not have faulted her is she went over and put this guys balls into the next county.

If she really had been in fear that this guy was not only flaming away on his revolver but acted like he was intentionally trying to hit someone, she would have been within her rights to take him down. With a firearm!
I hope you're not suggesting you think she could have prevailed against this guy , who was armed and flaming away, by just walking over there, on his property, and attacking him physically. That would be really stupid.

9 of 10 women I am aware of would be hard pressed to prevail in a gunfight with an already armed azzhat. Bad situation either way, but I do feel she would have been within her rights either way as well.

I ain't suggesting jack chit, as I cannot say how I would have reacted in the same situation, but I damn sure would have got my hands on the guy....gun or not. Personally, I feel a rifle would have been the best solution.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by shameless

Yea, lying brat was probably chootin crows with buckshot. crazy

I'd definitely call a fire member and his son liars rather than question someone trying to choot a kid with a pistol.

Shameless fits you well.
What are you talking about?I refuse to believe any bird shot was raining on the idiot's roof.I also do believe he just saw an opportunity to act an idiot and shoot at the kid.So what are you trying to say?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The kid did nothing wrong and the neighbor is a dangerous idiot. Birdshot is harmless falling and most likely didn't fall that far away. All the little bitches here wringing their hands and pontificating about how wrong the kid was are hunting posers.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I want to hear is the storey from your son as far as being under fire. Did he hear the pistol? That storey.

Last edited by Wtxj; 02/23/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I thing the boys mom was watching the nut job shooting into the woods where the boy was.

That's why she lost her cool and was screaming at the guy to stop shooting.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That boy did nothing wrong! At 300 yards there is no way him or anyone else could predict 7.5 shot falling on a house. I wouldn't take any action toward that lad. The neighbor needs that revolver shoved up his a$$ and fired. My father had a Greyhound farm in Penrose with lots of water that carried over on his neighbors land and when the locals hunted ducks and geese the shot would fall on the corrugated roofs and the only thing said is looks like they are hunting, maybe they will let us have one or two.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad no one was hurt first of all.
Now as for the neighbor,he should have been arrested.
He did wrong not your kid.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
From where my son was I don't think hecould have possably hit him. The ridge is about 100-150 yards tall and it Iis flat on the top. Reid was on the oopposite side of the field. He said he didn't hear the guy yelling but he heard shots and then my wife called him and told him to get home and that schmuck was shooting up his way. We as does the guy below him call him schmuck. The guy from what I gather from Tabitha shot a couple of times before she went outside and when she did go outside he was raising all kinds of hell. That's when he shot 3 more times in reids direction. That's when she flipped and called reid, 911 and then I pulled up. Reid said he heard shots but knew before my wife called him they were headed in his direction when he heard one zip overhead and to his right. When he left the blind he circled around as to go away from the danger. I could tell from here he came out of the woods.

That crap was like a dream after it was over. I'm still in disbelief.
Some on here think they're two side to the story but I say they're 3 or 4 cause the ass hole told the cops 2 different ones while I stood there.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sound like all are well, which is good. I've never viewed raining shot as an issue all. As a kid in some of Virginia's crowded corn fields during dove season, folks rained shot all over each other and never drew a comment.

With today's ignorant sector though, I guess one should minimize those events.

Taking on horizontal shot, however, is another deal indeed.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/23/14.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
take gunner's advice

keep you family safe, if justice is to be served, there needs to be a significant cooling period.

I'm not advocating you do anything in particular.

other than keep your family safe the best way you can, including having their husband and dad around forever.

best to you in this f'ed up situation

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't believe any fell on his house,and I hope they keep an eye on that nut next door.It would be a bad day at Blackrock if a neighbor was pulling that around here.Even if some did fall to the roof he couldn't have heard it,not on metal,and certainly not on shingles.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
thanks guys for the good wishes. I'm ready to get back on some obama hating and best caliber debating or who shaves there junk more often and who looks better in a thong threads, o or who drives on ice better yanks or hillbillies. The Fire is chaos, lol.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.