Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So, a post about Chevy lovers driving a T Bird off a cliff??
Really---

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It has been my observation that drivers of Chevrolets are more aggressive than drivers of other makes.

Ifin ya don't like my drivin stay offa da sidewalk!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
At the rate they are going in a few years it will be 100% Foreign made.

Originally Posted by thin_man
Unfortunately it's not even that high of a percentage. According to the NHTSA, the 2014's are only 41% US and Canada origin combined. If that works for you, great. Buy it.
It could be 100% made in China and people would still buy solely on the nameplate. "Hey, at least it's an American brand!"

You have to admit though, it is somewhat comforting to know that if one, such as myself, were to buy out a company like...say...Leupold. Come in, fire everyone in the US production line, and totally outsource the parts and assembly to Mexico, China, (take your pick of on-the-cheap country) etc., you'd still have the support of those such as Walt. Because after all, it's about that profit.

Originally Posted by walt501

I don't care where parts are made, only where profits go

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Unfortunately it's not even that high of a percentage. According to the NHTSA, the 2014's are only 41% US and Canada origin combined. If that works for you, great. Buy it.
It could be 100% made in China and people would still buy solely on the nameplate. "Hey, at least it's an American brand!"

You have to admit though, it is somewhat comforting to know that if one, such as myself, were to buy out a company like...say...Leupold. Come in, fire everyone in the US production line, and totally outsource the parts and assembly to Mexico, China, (take your pick of on-the-cheap country) etc., you'd still have the support of those such as Walt. Because after all, it's about that profit.

I don't care where parts are made, only where profits go

When did GM fire everyone and move all of it's production overseas?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No one suggested they did. It's the concept that it doesn't matter where the product is derived, only where profits go. I thought the point was quite clear in the post above. Guess not.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It has been my observation that drivers of Chevrolets are more aggressive than drivers of other makes.

They need to be. They have to get home before the truck craps out.

Camp is where you make it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tzone

Na... Were tryin to get home before the gay bars close and the fords/toyoders hit the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf

Blow me....

[Linked Image]

grin

That would make a nice privy.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hardly. I've only walked outta the bush twice in my life. Both times it was the blue oval chitting the bed. I don't hate Ford just had better luck in a Chev. Plus women at least the hot ones like chevys more.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When you are as good looking as I am, it does not matter what you drive!!!!!!!! grin

Originally Posted by 7 STW

Hardly. I've only walked outta the bush twice in my life. Both times it was the blue oval chitting the bed. I don't hate Ford just had better luck in a Chev. Plus women at least the hot ones like chevys more.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell me, how many Ford F-150's and Chevy Silverado's are sold in Japan? Don't be a Toyota terrorist, support your own country, with profits flowing to American companies to build the American economy.

[Linked Image]

now your talkin,a real american. they are rare breed these days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
About the same number of Tundras that are sold in Japan... They don't have a market for them.

Besides, Tundras are built in San Antonio with 75% of the parts manufactured in the US.

Silverados - 62% of the parts are manufactured in the US. (let me know how long that Mexican transmission lasts...)

75% U.S. parts? Really? Or are those parts made on U.S. soil by Toyota subsidiaries? And tell me, where do the profits go? Let's have a discussion on that, shall we? Since Toyota stock isn't listed on an American exchange, where do you think those profits are going?

they like feedin those slant eyes. brain washed americans. how do you think we got obama.

Last edited by srwshooter; 02/25/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There is not a car or truck made today that will not last 200,000 miles. Show me a report on how much it cost to keep that Chevy running for 200,000 compared to Toyota Honda Ford Dodge that would tell the whole story. My son just got rid of a 2005 Chevy pickup with 160,000 mile on it. three transmissions, 2 rear ends, could not keep the air conditioning working or the power windows, the motor was good no problems with it other than a few starters.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

We'll be lucky if we are allowed to drive anything if zer o and the libs get their way.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thats the Truth.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Chevy (GM) has sold out to the Chinese. I don't care how good or bad their trucks are but if you want to support this communist crap, keep buying Chevys but you have no right to whine and bitch about Chinese junk running American businesses out. I will continue to buy vehicles from companies that are solvent without flooding them with my tax dollars. I just bought a new Ford the week before Christmas. I still own a Chevy and it is a good truck. I won't replace it with another though.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

H
H
The back two pages of the Ford Owners Manual contains the Bus schedule.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Plus women at least the hot ones like chevys more.

Yeah, but they wear Polaris jackets. grin

Camp is where you make it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Chevy (GM) has sold out to the Chinese�

Yup. Ho Lee Pfuk signs my paycheck.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (2alphas2, 2500HD, 160user, 3333vl, 257 mag, 37 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,498
Posts18,472,211
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.