Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, thats an interesting video, I am surprised it dropped so quickly?
Many people don't understand how dangerous a moose can be.

I used to cross country ski a trail that had a cow moose living along the creek the trail followed. One day a skier got to close and she killed him with those front hooves.
That snowmobiler was lucky he didn't catch a hoof in that attack!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why didn't he just go around it or wait it out. Sheesh.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Interesting...we've come across them a number of times while on 4- wheelers, usually scouting before the deer hunt. Most the time they'll just stare at you as you go by or run off. Regardless, if they're on the trail and there's not another way around, I'd never get closer to them like they did in this video. Not a very smart individual IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Why didn't he just go around it or wait it out. Sheesh.

Because he had a camera, a Glock, and a way to post the video. Those three in combination lead to some very stupid actions (the one shown included).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
BTW, is there something special that's suppose to happen when you "bark" at them? All I know is you're in the moose's home (per se) and he didn't play nice in the sandbox (IMO he provoked the moose).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It also was an apparent snowmobile trail and moose are supposed to yield the right of way or else (I suppose).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He must have had a Helmet Cam or Camera mounted on the Snow Mobile . I don't think this guy was in the right and should be charged with poaching . He agitated the situation by charging the young moose with the snow mobile and then shoots it and leaves the Moose wounded , plus leaving all the meat. He could have backed up and went around the animal. He cause this episode so he could YouTube a Video. I hope the Game Dept is watching this Video . Everyone knows the Video is a fake anyway , the Glock didn't blow up when it was fired.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G20 10mm maybe?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
He must have had a Helmet Cam or Camera mounted on the Snow Mobile . I don't think this guy was in the right and should be charged with poaching . He agitated the situation by charging the young moose with the snow mobile and then shoots it and leaves the Moose wounded , plus leaving all the meat. He could have backed up and went around the animal. He cause this episode so he could YouTube a Video. I hope the Game Dept is watching this Video . Everyone knows the Video is a fake anyway , the Glock didn't blow up when it was fired.
That's how I see it too. If he didn't press the issue and had just a little patience, a gun would have never needed to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy finds himself in a little hot water.

For those who are surprised/impressed with the performance; it's simple. Hit animals where you're supposed to hit them and they die. The range was close so placing a shot well wasn't too tough.

That's too bad, waste of a beautiful animal that could have been taken legally and ethically later on.

I've never hunted moose; that's one on my bucket list.

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'd like to see the official fish and game report on this shooting. If there is one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that moose can be dangerous. I've seen a couple incidents here in Idaho when a couple of numbskulls went out of their way to get too close to a cow moose and damned near got themselves made into hamburger. But it was their fault.

That moron provoked the moose attack. He saw the moose in the distance and then deliberately drove as close as he could and the moose came at him

He hauls out his pistol, shoots the moose and then left it wounded as he skedaddled around, probably to check his camera to make sure he got all the "action" for a You Tube video.

As others said, hope the State's F&G game wardens are watching that video.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Should have backed up way before confronting the moose. I would have fired a warning shot into the ground from 50 yards back. I bet it would have quickly left. Depending on if its in the rut, moose are extremely aggressive. My guess is that this could have been avoided several ways before actually shooting it. After the first charge, he would be legal to shoot it. The caveat is, it could have been handled better but the rider has enough video to prove his life was in danger. I have had black bear on several occasions bluff charge me and could have legally killed them but any hunter knows how to deescalate a situation if they can. Its a lose, lose situation when your wits can't be used instead of your gun.

Last edited by mystro; 02/25/14.

The Lord loves humility.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Don't snowmobiles have a reverse?

Jr. shoulda backed up the trail and waited her out.

Gunner

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
It's been quite a few years since I owned a sled. Mine didn't have reverse and that deep snow would have swallowed the machine too.

He might have figured a few feet closer with the sled might spook the moose off the trail and everything would be cool.

I guess that didn't work..................

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 02/25/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She didn't look like she wanted to get off the trail and appeared to be ready to fight for it. Could he have got off the trail and into that deep snow without getting stuck? Didn't look like that to me. He moved down the trail toward her to scare her off and she was having none of that.

She came at him twice and was getting ready to charge a third time. On the second charge she either hit him or his sled and who knows what she would have done on the third charge. Does she need to draw blood before he was justified??

Had I been him I would have done the same thing and I was impressed with his shooting. Wonder if it was a G20?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm not a real glock fan. But it sure got he job done..

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lucky he is not dead.

Noted he was carrying in condition 3.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redhill
She didn't look like she wanted to get off the trail and appeared to be ready to fight for it. Could he have got off the trail and into that deep snow without getting stuck? Didn't look like that to me. He moved down the trail toward her to scare her off and she was having none of that.

She came at him twice and was getting ready to charge a third time. On the second charge she either hit him or his sled and who knows what she would have done on the third charge. Does she need to draw blood before he was justified??

Had I been him I would have done the same thing and I was impressed with his shooting. Wonder if it was a G20?

Yes, we mustn�t get delayed by a wild animal in its own living room while we putter about on our motorized pleasure craft.

Yes, the shooter probably got himself into �free shot� territory for the instant where the moose was in his face. The time he picked to actually shoot it looked early to me. It�s like he was not ready when he had the chance, so he decides to rack his gun and unload.

If I goaded stuff into giving me legally justifiable "self defense" shots, or took every justifiable "self defense" shot, I could have filled a dump truck with animals (including multiple moose) and humans. Instead, I have zero shots fired in that regard, and prefer to keep it that way.

If the shooter wants to YouTube a buffalo, he should go to Yellowstone National Park. Shouldn�t be too hard to get himself charged and see how his Glock works out.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/25/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Redhill

Yes, we mustn�t get delayed by a wild animal in its own living room while we putter about on our motorized pleasure craft.

Yes, the shooter probably got himself into �free shot� territory for the instant where the moose was in his face. The time he picked to actually shoot it looked early to me. It�s like he was not ready when he had the chance, so he decides to rack his gun and unload.

If I goaded stuff into giving me legally justifiable "self defense" shots, or took every justifiable "self defense" shot, I could have filled a dump truck with animals (including multiple moose) and humans. Instead, I have zero shots fired in that regard, and prefer to keep it that way.

If the shooter wants to YouTube a buffalo, he should go to Yellowstone National Park. Shouldn�t be too hard to get himself charged and see how his Glock works out.

We see things completely different with regard to this video but that's ok.

As stated I would have shot her most likely after the first charge when she came back again and would have added one more shot at the end.

But then again everyone sees things different especially behind a computer screen.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

364 members (1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,948
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.