Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts...

Travis

I'm sure there is plenty there to hurt.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts...

Travis

I'm sure there is plenty there to hurt.

Not until you find your way to my COCK!

And there is no doubt you'd cut to the chase in that department.

30K!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please tie this all together

The ladder and your cock that is.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Perhaps multiple choice would help?

A) Kiss
B) Find Pressure
C) Rock on
D) None of the above

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Extra credit will be awarded for imagination and pretend (creativity)

Please do not use your cock and Mr. Knee's primers in the same sentence

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Like normal, nothing useful or helpful.

When you grow up, and decide to post helpful, send me a note. In the meantime you sound just like who you must have voted for. Obama.

Full of hot air, promising nirvana, yet blowing nothing but smoke.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Which ladder do I need for this O-dat? Werner?

I'm a newb at this compared to a lot of you old farts grin. I spent a lot of time "working up" loads (days, sometimes weeks) but after 10-12 rifles in the past couple years I'm starting to think that the barrels, bullets, powder, and primers are better than the average-joe on the trigger. Not as much witchcraft or voo-doo as I thought.

I run a pseudo-ladder. And yup, its at 100 yards eek , maybe 200 yards if I'm feeling daring that day. Not so much a ladder but I load one, maybe a few at the start charge and make sure I'm on paper. Record velocity. I may have some loads pre-rolled, or I make them all at the range clubhouse (my GMC in the forest). Work up to find velocity/pressure. If some loads cluster, great. If not, I'm still loading 3-5 at my chosen velocity. Rounds are loaded as long as the mag will allow (have only shot SAAMI chambers and have not hit lands with anything). Only way I can go is to seat deeper.

If the Chosen One shoots well at 100 yards, I go straight to 500 yards. 500 yards tells me everything I want to know. All this takes place in 10-15 rounds. Maybe just lucky? I don't know but out of those 10-12 rifles I only had one that wouldn't shoot ~1" at 100y, and it was a ~light 375 Ruger. It went 1.25-1.5 MOA and then I sold it for other reasons. It kicked like a mule from prone too! Another was a 760 that would shoot ~1.25 MOA but it had a freaking shotgun trigger.

Before you say 10-15 is too few compared to other methods, I counter that by saying that the average-joe will get fatigued stressing over his loads if he shoots too many. At what point are we collecting good data vs. testing shooter endurance? If you got the wrong powder, you'll see it pretty dang quick. Most guys have a velocity range they want to hit... only so many weights be in this range unless you go down to the tenth of a grain.

I'm not saying that the method I use is sufficient for BR-shooting or that I have the best loads either. They are good enough to hit 8" steel at 500 yards at my "range" in the woods. I had a 270 BAR shooting 1" and it did fine out to 500+. Good enough for me, until I sold that rifle to a buddy. He doesn't reload so I told him to get some Core-Lokts so he'd have cheap and easy ammo. That rifle shot 130gr and 150gr factory ammo into the same hole at 100y blush.

The last rifle was a not fussy at all. Must have something to do with the heavy barrel and plywood pressure. Good enough for me with a 4x scope. 68-72gr was basically one big hole. 73gr hit higher, and 74gr was higher yet. Went for speed and 74gr.

Jason

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 03/01/14.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Full of hot air, promising nirvana, yet blowing nothing but smoke.

I suspect that isn't the only thing he blows.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More from the plywood Buger. The targets above were shot with a 4x simmons crazy .

Switched to a Leupo 6x42 for this one. Didn't shoot any better with the extra magnification but the weather wasn't the best either. At 500y the wind was giving me fits. Was not a good day for shooting at 500. Burned through 40 rounds from prone but that plywood 338 is a pussycat.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plywood was getting evicted from the house so I put the 4x back on there. First target is 3-shots, second is the same target with 5-shots to keep it real (shooter sucks and pulled one way out there). Good enough for me with a 4x scope that was $40 grin I still think the shooter isn't as good as the barrel and load. I need a better trigger puller to shoot for me frown

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok smartass show us what you can do LR besides flap your gums.

Just another interet dumbass!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'gant,

I hear good thangs. Conjoin same with minimal runout,trite ES/SD and you'll be lendin' your ladder to the neighbors.

Laffin'!

'lia,

Luckily Pretend is free,for them in need. I'd not wish to slight your needs.

Laffin'!

'495,

No need to reiterate how it took you decades,to cypher page #1 of Reloading 101. Your Whine in all fairness however,really is quite good and I'll feign my "surprise" that you learned how to do that at a tender age...if only by default. Congratulations?!?

You remain at the mercy of your abilities,means and comprehension,which undoubtedly fuel your Whine. Hint.

Exceedingly GOOD [bleep] call to skirt all things The Rifle,because you were really doing "great".

Laffin'!

SquatToPee,

You is hell on closets. How many do you figure you come outta,on just an average day?

Laffin'!

4th,

I ain't more than a coupla hundred barrels into things,myself.(grin)

If the weather/Mail cooperates,a pard will have a 1-8" #3 Bartlein 23" 1/2" shanked 243AI hit the house,middle of next week. I'll ladder the [bleep] outta it at LR on video.

It'll be funnier than [bleep].(grin)

'Hunter,

Tell yourself that which you most need to hear and please continue to do so...if only because it is funnier than [bleep].

You poor poor stupid whining Kchunt.

Wow +P+!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's another "pseudo-ladder" with a 270 Win Tikkler.

You can see all the "laddering" above the big orange! Not really... it simply boiled down to shooting until I had my velocity and then shooting the 1" orange with the Chosen One. 2-shots on the orange dot, then 3 more after moving the zero up. Nothing to it... 13-shots and done. Shot well at 500 yards but have purged the Tikklers from the house.

J

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Educate me please on the ladder test, What are we finding, Pressure? accuracy? How and why please.
300 yards is sufficient?

1 ladder test is sufficient for that particular load? Does anyone repeat to verify?

I have read over a million gun forum posts over the last 20 years and I have read about the ladder test.

I have never believed that the data was repeatable.

But like guys digging a well after using a water witch [Dowsing], it will still be around when I am gone.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll toss 'Hunter some cheese,to satiate her Whine...so she can "tell' me some more. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Wind Ladder

Laughing Ladder

Not to brag or anything...but I's gots me some high zoot stuff!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.(grin)

Clark',

The dumbfhukkers just GOTTA believe in sumptin'. I believe this schit is soooo incredibly [bleep] easy,that it cracks me the [bleep] up...that stupid [bleep] are powerless to keep their pony in front of the cart.

Laffin'!

Back to the 54 Chronicles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should read about it once then do it more than twice.

Sounds like you've never done it so you've an opinion based on imagination and pretend. If you ever do it, you'll understand why it'll be here forever. wink

Whatever that may mean.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Boxer, you need to get a refund from your sewing class.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laffin'

I mean, Laugh-In

Ha!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B,

Schit... the patch is going to [bleep] with heads... double and triple meaning and all.

I'm still trying to learn the ropes here and am getting confused by myths and reality.

J

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'lia,

You're doin' "great" and sellin' the schit outta ladders. Give or [bleep] take.

Laffin'!

SLM,

That's the trouble with these poor poor stupid [bleep],in that everything sails over their pointy heads.(grin)

Went wayyyyyyyy outta my road to use doubled 15# PowerPro braid and triple lock-stitched every through & through,if only to sound the alarm. Was frettin' that I'd have to set it on a Silver Platter atop a ladder,to get a bite.

This schit cracks me up!

4th,

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial and it's never been tough to cypher who shoots more than a smidge. Though The Slow Learnin' Chronicles are a [bleep] riot.

Went to Plan B on the mag inlet and it's Skookum. Need to wipe the bitch down,function test and bloody knuckle tighten fasteners and go right ahead on 'er.

She's gonna steal the [bleep] show.

Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 8 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,950
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.