Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 58 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 57 58
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Ok smartass show us what you can do LR besides flap your gums.

Just another interet dumbass!

I'll have you know I shot all the way to 100yds today.

TWICE!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those tasco pronghorns are SWEET!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'flave,

Just got the Spalted Maple T-Hole installed and am thinkin' it'll Hunt. Got enough up to get to the 37yd line!

[Linked Image]

Needs a KungFu shifter though.

Dog',

Play your cards right and I'll letcha' gawk a Trashco 6-24X World class on a 788. [bleep] Shilen barrel too,for added [bleep] humor.

Laffin'!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've always preferred fiberglass.

Folks sure get worked up over their ladders around here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Boxer,

Those American Eagles don't shoot very well. If you find yourself hitting stuff with them just remember it was a mistake and you'll be fine.

Love that Anschutz. If you die and want to give it to me, I'm fine with that.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'1,

The trouble with Fiberglass Trees,is that they ain't handy...which adds expense.

[Linked Image]

'flave,

Be curious to see how it do in the Fiberglass Tree handle.

I bet it'll stay under 2" at the 37yd line.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boxer,
Those videos were also once posted by NOBODY at Snipers Hide.
NOBODY was the most followed poster there, until he mysteriously left.
He was technically superb, but vulgar and profane.
And he was funny.
I loved they way he made fun of scope ring lapping, by comparing it to lap dancing.
There are so many stupid pompous individuals in the gun culture, we NEED to make fun of them.
They are just dumb opinionated consumers, and they are on ego trips. They need to be brought down by some vicious trouble making smart guy.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nothing gets by you Clark

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Clark',

That guy sounds like my kind of people.

rosco',

If you get mean,I will report you to a Moderator or John Burns.

Laffin'!

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Alright, time for the A-game stuff, You want Gold Comedy,

Clearly it's retro, Good things last,

"BabyMan" is by far, my favorite "field tester",

There's no ladder involved, but a bench is used, so same same....

Outta 'da Park,

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B,

54 repeater in a McM Annie? Wow. Ton of fun and tough to hang with. Nothing like setting the bar really, really high. I want!

J

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The ladder test is badly named.

It should be called a barrel oscillation sweet spot test.

You essentially run a bunch of loads one at each powder level down the pipe with paper at least 200 yards out and look for a cluster of bullets - and more importantly where they hit.

That's the spot the barrel will most commonly hit at.. or the sweet spot.

Now multiple bullets at different powder loads are hitting in that same spot so once you find that spot, I test powder above and below that range to see if one groups better than another and that's where I load at.

Spot

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
200 yards won't tell you much. 300 plus is better.

600 seems just right.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'neth,

I'd heard about BC's,but were dubious. It seems after all,that they will in fact take a little wear & tear.

Thanks!

4th,

It's a Faux 54.18 MSR...in that I had it converted to Repeat.

Originally had that handle on an elder single shot 54,that only had the rear bridge grooved and no D&T for bases. Went through a coupla different schemes to arrange Scopetitude and finally opted a 27MOA cantilever offa the barrel shank's groove,flyin' a Reupold 12x.

[Linked Image]

While it was viable,the handier/dandier Faux MSR just HAD to go in that handle.(grin) So after gunning both yesterday in a brisk Northerly,I decided to make a pot of coffee and fire up the Dremel and inlet the T-Hole. The massaged OEM handle weren't horrid in it's ergo's.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...it [bleep] shines like no other,in the new handle. With erector and reticle,I can arrange POA/POI intersection right to the 600yd line. Musing a 50MOA base,to replace the 25MOA,if only to coax a leetle more.(grin)

[Linked Image]

"FUN" don't begin to describe it.(grin)

Will build another 54 Repeater on the other handle,prolly opting a Krieger spout,even though I cain't like 'em that much. It'll be a rattle can SUPER Sleeper,slathered with truck bed liner,solely to beat the [bleep] outta.

As an aside...did all the Window Lickers fall offa their [bleep] ladders,all I can hear is Cricketts?!?

Laffin'!

'shooter,

Odd..I was under the impression that harmonics could be totally controlled otherwise?!?

Wow +P+.

This schit is [bleep] funny!

'lia,

I enjoy your Imagination,almost as much as you do.

Bless your heart.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Box, Rumor has it,

A person named NOBODY was over at Snipers Hide using some material that resembles yours,

Keep your eyes open..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'neth,

Imitation is THE most sincere form of flattery and one shouldn't be tough on folks settin' the bar so high...despite an inability to get there.(grin)

Blinkers is now peeled.

Obliged.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're right Boxer... "fun" is a gross understatement on that rig. Beyond fun, through the roof, and over the top. Don't see how it gets any better.

I've not tickled the trigger on a 54 at range but shot a CZ453 extensively with 20x Super Chicken and 20-moa rail. Rimfires past 50-100y seems to blow people's minds and I'm surprised by how few do it. All sorts of planning, building, and laddering with centerfires. Then, only a few rounds fired every now and then. All sorts of excuses... no primers, can't find powder, too much recoil, long distance range is too far away, etc. Must not like to shoot?

A brick of 22lr, scope with lots of elevation, and some wind is a freaking blast. Add some fog from the marine layer and you're learning to shoot in the wind quick. Seems to take the myth and mystery out of it all. I've been told rimfires are for kids and 50 yards max? Funny how assumptions get made real fast, mounts and scopes are bought without thinking outside the box.

The CZ is long gone, but the 10/22 will be up to snuff for 300+ if I'm a little lucky. Went 0-moa rail on this one but that might change. Got some locals thinking about what it takes to extend their 22lr range too. They've been warned in the past and I see the wheels turning and smoke pouring out of their ears now that they are hooked on shooting at distance. They are realizing the cost/time involved with centerfires and it makes rimfires a no-brainer... for training fun. Still need to move those skills to the centerfire, but longrange rimfire is way overlooked as a tool.

The 54 takes it to a completely different level though. I need something like that to go with the semi-auto rat blaster grin

Jason

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hey Boxer,

Would this make a decent poor man's Annie?

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/455-precision-trainer/

Travis

PS- If you try to cyber-bully me, I'll put you on ignore and tell Rick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Travis,

Seems that CZ has been listening and seeing their rimfires get tacti-fied, along with the Salvages which are really popular trainers. For ~$800, that CZ is a cool rifle but got to ask yourself if the barrel and lock-time will hang with a used 54? That's the way I'm looking at it since I'm also shopping for an ultimate 22 bolt, but budget is not sky high for the guts.

Guys are putting after-market barrels on the CZ (Liljas) but you still have the trigger/lock-time to deal with. Not sure if Lilja is the best route either, but the desire to upgrade the barrel is a hint? Been doing some research on this the past few months and the answer seems to be, "Buy a used 54." Otherwise you'll dump money in the CZ and never get to the Annie levels... unless you're not wanting that level of precision.

Been keeping an eye out for a used 54 repeater in the ~$800 area. If you see one, grab it. They are hard to miss with the bolt design. 17xx is the other option, but I don't know all the details vs. a 54. Maybe Boxer can shed some light on that. 17xx are relatively new and used ones are still $$$ though.

Jason

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I look for used 54's but never see them. They're like Toyota Tacomas.

That's good info about the CZ's and pretty much what I figured. Thanks.

Travis

Page 7 of 58 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 204guy, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 1234, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,813
Posts18,516,549
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.