Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 58 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 57 58
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

What went into the 7mmRemMag ammo:
70 gr H4350 140 gr Nosler Ballistic tip that I moly coated.

The is 11 gr over max published by Hodgdon.

Actually, this is the funniest phikkkng post on the thread!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Clarkm

What went into the 7mmRemMag ammo:
70 gr H4350 140 gr Nosler Ballistic tip that I moly coated.

The is 11 gr over max published by Hodgdon.

flave Precision assembles all my ammo....

Actually, this is the funniest phikkkng post on the thread!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rman
RC...I have tried to remain civil, and I have tried to explain that your method, has far as being precise, is flawed.
I even asked some simple questions, that you haven't answered.
Any twit knows that more powder equals more speed, regardless of harmonics, yet your stupid dumb ladder shows otherwise...
Now you post up a bunch of charts and spew jibberish that you don't even really understand.
I would also say that I know more about barrel harmonics than you can even think of, but certainly not imagine...
Like I said, and that you obviously missed...if this method was the s%&t, then every precision shooter would be using it...they are not.
Try and wise up, and actually have a clue about what you are trying to talk about.

R.

You call that civil?

I don't have a dog in this fight but Rac has put up a whole lot more information than you have! We are supposed to take your word that you are some sort of expert with "I would also say that I know more about barrel harmonics than you can even think of" Really? Really? With zero evidence other than your opinion.

That's a pretty high opinion of yourself.

How about post some creds to back it up?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Nother Ladder Crasher...from today.

[Linked Image]

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Ain't hardly even "fair".

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you're telling me every load for every rifle you own, the bullet is on the lands at Max pressure and it prints at long range with no vertical?

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
So you're telling me every load for every rifle you own, the bullet is on the lands at Max pressure and it prints at long range with no vertical?

I don't think he said "kiss, max pressure, rock on"

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every LR load, at or near max pressure, yes. But I'm not biased, I've used the ladder and OCW methods to good effect as well. The kiss and stomp the throttle method has proven equally effective and quicker/simpler for me, so that's the way I roll these days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the bullet is ON the lands, the only way the load will stay consistent is to shoot it clean. Fouling will change where the ogive contacts the "lands" and the throat will get filthy as well changing the entire dynamic of the load.

It may work for a hunting rifle where you're not shooting a bunch and always shoot it in the same condition.

For any other rifle, target or one you shoot a lot between cleanings, the best place for the ogive is OFF of the lands where fouling remains consistent and won't effect the load significantly during periods when cleaning is impossible.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow showing why Audettes are repeatable, why you should save them until the lot of powder you have is gone so that you can "chase the throat" to keep your rifle barrel shooting well after it is effectively worn out, and why the highest pressure load may not be the optimum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not to mention ogive differences between bullets in the same box causing issues when seated at the "kiss"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jeezus [bleep]...you Jeff-O'd a ladder.

Now THAT Is some [bleep] funny schit!

Wow +P+.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You keep leadin' 'em to water and they keep findin' reasons to not drink. Bug in the water, somebuddy stirred up the sediment, it's cold and I coodent break through the ice, I not real thirsty right now, I don't have a paper cup with me...........

Black Olives Matter!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get consistent results as posted over hundreds of rounds between cleanings. I seat to square kiss each new lot of bullets. I use DBC, and in some rifles, moly, too...

The proof is on the target wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I really like the idea of ladder tests, but I have two problems with how they are traditionally done:

1) every barrel and load is subject to some random variation in POI. Only firing 1 shot per charge weight does not adequately take into account this variation

2) wind can and does often have a vertical component in anything but perfectly flat terrain. At any distance much beyond about 200 yards this begins to impact POI

These two sources of variation can skew results and prevent them from being repeatable with a given barrel/load combination. If using a method like this, I prefer the OCW method (which I have used successfully, in addition to the traditional ladder method), as it tends to mitigate these sources of error better, but I usually find excellent results simply by kissing, mashing the pedal, and loading straight ammo.

...shot using the kiss/mash pedal method...

[Linked Image]

Spooky accurate Jordan!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Travis, regarding sending out one empty Coors Light can with each rifle completed, to prove you were not drinking beer when you crafted the rifle, I'd like to offer a suggestion.

Rather than Coors Light, attach an empty Alka Seltzer foil wrapper to the 'flave trigger tag. The Alka Seltzer will make you feel better, it tastes better than Coors Light, and you still send the message that you weren't drinking beer (even though you were, hence the Alka Seltzer) while assembling the next 'flave Pocket Rocket'!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jordan,

DBC = Dyna Bore Coat? All rifles?

Jason

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get consistent results as posted over hundreds of rounds between cleanings. I seat to square kiss each new lot of bullets. I use DBC, and in some rifles, moly, too...

I need a lesson on Ballistic AE's group measuring tool. Can't quite figure it out importing a picture of a group.

So, you go hundreds of rounds between cleanings and you seat bullets to "kiss" the lands?

In what condition is the bore when you have determined where the "kiss" is? Clean to bare metal, after 25 rounds, or after some other number of rounds?

I'll guarantee that each of those measurements differ due to the amount of fouling on the leade

Also, how do you account for throat/leade wear?

In as few as 100 rounds or one box of bullets, you will have some throat erosion. Your bullets seated to the square kiss will now not be. Things change quickly in the throat at first on a new barrel, then the change slows but it's always there and ongoing.

Bullets/loads seated off of the lands are more tolerant in the accuracy department to this ongoing change.

This, of course, is IME. YMMV

wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wohhhh hohhh hohhhhhhhh Nelly...THAT is some AWESOMELY funny [bleep] [bleep]! How often do you have to polish your tinfoil hat?!?

Ladders and Cleanin' Rods!?! THAT is outfhukkingstanding! I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
your making things to complicated for yourself. quote=rcamuglia]

I need a lesson on Ballistic AE's group measuring tool. Can't quite figure it out importing a picture of a group.

So, you go hundreds of rounds between cleanings and you seat bullets to "kiss" the lands?

In what condition is the bore when you have determined where the "kiss" is? Clean to bare metal, after 25 rounds, or after some other number of rounds?

I'll guarantee that each of those measurements differ due to the amount of fouling on the leade

Also, how do you account for throat/leade wear?

In as few as 100 rounds or one box of bullets, you will have some throat erosion. Your bullets seated to the square kiss will now not be. Things change quickly in the throat at first on a new barrel, then the change slows but it's always there and ongoing.

Bullets/loads seated off of the lands are more tolerant in the accuracy department to this ongoing change.

This, of course, is IME. YMMV

wink

[/quote]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Boxer,

Please describe how you "find pressure." That seems to be up for debate here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
DD,

Subjectivity do not interest me,I like facts and fact is...I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Do not let that constat dishearten you clueless dumbfhukkers,on your perpetual quest to schlep Stupidity to places it's never been before.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Page 16 of 58 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,823
Posts18,516,764
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.