-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
been to several different colleges, for basketball and football games.

but that's it for me.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had friends attending the Milwaukee School of Engineering and my best friend attended Marquette.

Had some epic Milwaukee weekends with them.

Me

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I went to several colleges, MSU, Utah State, U of M, ASU and several more I can't think of right now...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by teal
I had friends attending the Milwaukee School of Engineering and my best friend attended Marquette.

T,

Are you suggesting that engineering students are all hard partying drunks soon as they close their fluid mechanics textbooks??

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
UW (Wyoming) wildlife management, got a job turning wrenches. Collage was the biggest waste of 5 years of my life. Other than meeting my wife I gained no knowledge, 0 experience, and wasted several thousand dollars. There were so many guys in my field of study it took two years to get a spot in one class. Then all the cultural, brainwashing BS was almost nauseating, why did I need to learn about African American studies to get a degree in deer accounting? I hope my boys want to have real, usefull jobs, like plumbers or welder, none of this university BS.

Now I keep getting all this crap wanting me to donate to their alumni crap, didn't they steal enough money and give me enough empty promises for one life time?

Rant off, I just really hate higher education.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mississippi State College
BS 1956

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
College girls couldn't even keep me in school. Left after a time. All I wanted to do was go to work. Started my first business at 23, sold the business and house at 35 and traveled the western US for a year.
Then started over, broke, thanks to an ex-wife! Been building back slowly.

Choices?
Yeah, there's big ones in life. Choose wisely young men. Most of the worst decisions involve women. The best ones can be with or w/o a woman in the picture. Think that one over.

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/05/14.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter

T,

Are you suggesting that engineering students are all hard partying drunks soon as they close their fluid mechanics textbooks??

I'm saying the two engineering students I partied with, one I went to highschool with and we're still good friends. The other I went to grade school, high school and later college with (he transferred to UW-O for MIS studies) and we're still friends.

I'd say those two were good party guys who happened to be studying engineering, not necessarily partying engineers if that makes sense.

My friend who went to Marquette happens to be female and I spend a lot of time in her dorm area at Schroeder hall. Was a great place to be.

I generally REALLY like Milwaukee as a town.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter

T,

I'm saying the two engineering students I partied with, one I went to highschool with and we're still good friends. The other I went to grade school, high school and later college with (he transferred to UW-O for MIS studies) and we're still friends.

I'd say those two were good party guys who happened to be studying engineering, not necessarily partying engineers if that makes sense.

My friend who went to Marquette happens to be female and I spend a lot of time in her dorm area at Schroeder hall. Was a great place to be.

I generally REALLY like Milwaukee as a town.

My favorite fluid mechanics class was Wild Turkey 101.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever race Damon Bradshaw?
Yes, but I was in between him and guys like Ron Lechien and Jeff Ward. He was about 4 or 5 year younger than me.
He was one fast bastage though..
I also dipped my toe in the Formula Two road racing circuit. Yamaha wanted to know if I was capable of keeping two wheels under me.
I signed three contracts

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wednesday was dollar Heineken (pre-craftbrew availability) night at a local joint, so we tried not to schedule Thursday morning classes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to a local college a few times in 2007 to pickup my daughter from classes...

Deus Juvat

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I did enjoy my time there and liked the field of study and really liked Logan. But they were graduating far more foresters than could be decently employed. A friend who also graduated with a BS in Forestry in 1978 couldn't find work that paid a livable wage and went to a vocational school to become an electrical contractor.

Currently living in Boise which isn't a bad city as cities go, but I miss small town Fruitland on the ID-OR border where I lived for about 13 years.

Me as a Mountain Man forestry student somewhere north of Logan, UT, that's US89 down at the bottom of that mountain in the background.

[Linked Image]

Yup. You were definitely a forestry major. wink Nice picture. You must have had all the girls you wanted. Logan canyon is nice. How did a guy make a living in Fruitland?

Last edited by RobJordan; 03/05/14.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
89-91 Henderson State University
91-95 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

PharmD

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two degrees, Business Mgt. & Econ.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I went to several colleges, MSU, Utah State, U of M, ASU and several more I can't think of right now...

Shrapnel, when were you at Utah State?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Ever race Damon Bradshaw?
Yes, but I was in between him and guys like Ron Lechien and Jeff Ward. He was about 4 or 5 year younger than me.
He was one fast bastage though..
I also dipped my toe in the Formula Two road racing circuit. Yamaha wanted to know if I was capable of keeping two wheels under me.
I signed three contracts

My favorites were always Jeff Stanton, McGrath and Doug Henry. Jeff Emig was good too.

I remember watching Bradshaw a lot before I got into it. First ride was a 1980 CR 125 Elsinore that was a rocket, went from that to an 87 CR125 and then a 93 KX125

I could like a nice 350cc sized 4 stroke woods blaster but I'm too old these days to contemplate writing the check.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Humboldt State University
BS - Finance
Class of '91

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey.. Didn't you star in the TV show Grizzly Adams? grin

Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I did enjoy my time there and liked the field of study and really liked Logan. But they were graduating far more foresters than could be decently employed. A friend who also graduated with a BS in Forestry in 1978 couldn't find work that paid a livable wage and went to a vocational school to become an electrical contractor.

Currently living in Boise which isn't a bad city as cities go, but I miss small town Fruitland on the ID-OR border where I lived for about 13 years.

Me as a Mountain Man forestry student somewhere north of Logan, UT, that's US89 down at the bottom of that mountain in the background.

[Linked Image]

Yup. You were definitely a forestry major. wink Nice picture. You must have had all the girls you wanted. Logan canyon is nice. How did a guy make a living in Fruitland?

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Graduated in 1985 from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a BS in mechanical engineering.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.