-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 58 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 57 58
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm done trying to convince anybody about the Audette. I'm tired.

Try one or more and convince yourself.

Or, use any other method you'd like as many do.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

RC,

how many times have I told you...

you can lead a guitar to water, but you can't tune a fish

best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like Jeff Beck.

But...

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Rick,

WTF? I just closed the bail, tightened the drag and now you off? Musta tied a barbless... grin

Just kidding.

I've held back my belief that the ladder method has some merit. And your posts have made me think of some changes to the way I work up a load. Thanks for that.

But anecdotal don't equal scientific validation. The way the ladder has been presented has been a problem, not you or anyone else. If I proposed a Ladder-like method at work I'd get laughed outta a job. I ain't kidding, seriously. But I think laddering can be used to good benefit with some tweaks. Like I said before... we may all end up in the same place. Some direct, some scenic, some the long way 'round. But the important part is that everyone gets to the destination.

I hope our different views don't affect future conversations on rifles and shooting as I've enjoyed this discussion. I can't shoot 600y groups like you've posted. And I have no doubt that you have a system that works for you. But when it comes to proving a system/method we need tighter control on variables. Still, I got some ladder ideas I want to try.

Jason

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Some folks wear blinders all their lives. Its a shame really. But it is what it is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
RC,

some of those ol' guys could really wield an axe.

Back at ya and this ain't no "lumpy gravy"

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/08/14.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jeezus [bleep],you poor stupid [bleep] is a hoot!

This schit is better than a Jerry Lewis Telethon and you poor [bleep] is TRYING your best!

Just Wow +P+!

The Mail done nice thangs today...and after nipping the Anschutz 54 Chronicles tidily,it were time to shift gears. Pun be intended,despite it sailing over all the pointy heads.

Laffin'!

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, [bleep]. You can't just drop a bomb and scram.

We need info on that BLR. How'd the trigger come out? Spill the frijoles! Were Amaxes flung?

Jason

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd tell you that you were a complete idiot, but that would be an insult to complete idiots.

laugh grin laugh grin

cool

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good thing you're back B

Was almost 'fraid everyone was gonna go full bore Rita Rudner.

and I even came into possession of a couple rattle cans of a controlled substance a couple a times........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Rifles/IMG_9863_zps3a7a1513.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Rifles/IMG_9866_zps16469747.jpg[/img]

GWB

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
4th,

She's a [bleep] PEACH. Tweaked the trigger somewhat and I reckon once some of the extry paint wears away...it'll get even better.(grin)

Stumbled onto a couple/few thousand 120's I forgot I had and will keep it "fair",for a spell. Or until tomorrow.(grin)

Laffin'!

'lia,

You try to "tell" folks lotsa schit...but it boils down to your perpetually being in welllllll over your pointy head and tinfoil hat,which do of course bolster the [bleep] humor quotient. Congratulations?!? Fact is,you're doing "great" and I reckon The Paper Hat brigade is plum "proud" to have you and your ladder aboard.

Laffin'!

Weren't but a Post or two ago,that you was gonna take all your marbles and go home,yetcha' remain powerless in the refrain of reiterating what an incredibly slowwwwwwwwww "learner" you are.

Hell...in but justa' 'nother coupla' decades,you and poor poor stupid [bleep] Rost',just might be able to sneak up on your first glass of water. I look forward to those pics and the rollicking verbage,that'll accompany that "highlight" of your collective "prowess".

Don't think I ain't rootin' for you gals,as you set the "bar".

Laffin'!

Wow +P+!!!

G',

Kudos on the windage adjustable rears,cocked striker,rubber snubber covers and compelling plagiarism.

What next??!?? You gonna go Double Burns and fly Tactical Knee Brace Shellholders on both sides of your stock?!?

Add serrations,for the "win".

Laffin'!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot and the texas version of everything...remains [bleep] hilarious!

Bless your heart.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Varmint Al is an engineer who loves to shoot rifles. He also love to run very complex tests and experiments with rifles, and accurately measure the findings with computer programs most have no access to.

He uses FEA analysis

He didn't invent the Audette and his name has nothing to do with his former occupation.

Read more, assume less.

What happens to the stress wave in a real rifle barrel? Just like in the TV tower guy wire, if a stress wave reaches a mechanical discontinuity in the object it is traveling in, such as the muzzle end of the barrel, or the solidly bedded receiver end of the barrel, it will reflect back in the opposite direction. In steel, the speed of sound is very close to 0.227 inches per microsecond, or about 18916 FPS. A wave will travel from the receiver to the muzzle in the barrel in about 0.12 mS. It can make around 4 or 5 round trips before the bullet leaves. Note that it does not matter how heavy the barrel is, or the profile, as the wave travels at almost exactly the same speed in all cases.

If we assume an 0.85 ms barrel time - in the first metal the sound wave would travel up and down the barrel 8.42 times before the bullet leaves the barrel. In the second barrel material it would do 8.20 trips.

The great thing about the Audette Ladder is that you don't have to think about all of this crap. You just shoot one, look at the target and it tells you what you really need to know.

I believe FEA was like a $20,000 computer program!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Rack and pinion gears on a rifle......that's innovation.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

G'

Kudos on the compelling plagiarism.

Plagiarism Ouch, that hurts!!

[Linked Image]

the unbearable lightness of being, or levity is a good thing.

[Linked Image]

May have to put some bacon on it.

[Linked Image]

Quien Sabe

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hahaha!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oooops..

[Linked Image]

Do you wish to stand in the frame!?!!

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
B,

heard the one about the horse that walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "why the long face, Mister?"

Seems you and the bar have the same facial expression!

What gives?

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry GDub

That's what the bartender said to John Kerry when he walked in

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
OK, RC,

how 'bout this one .........

There once was this bar with a sign in its window. It read, anyone who can make my horse laugh will have all the drinks they want on the house. So this Texican walks in and asks if he can give it a try. The bartender says sure.

The Texican walks out there and whispers something in the horse�s ear. The horse starts laughing hysterically. The guys walks in and the bartender gives him the drinks. The next night the same guy and the same thing happens.

The third night the sign is changed to making the horse cry. The guy takes the horse and goes out side and a few minutes later he comes back in and the horse is crying.

The bartender says �o.k. you can have your drinks but first tell me what you did to make my horse laugh.�

The Texican said, �I told him my dick was bigger than his.�

�O.K. but how did you make him cry?�

The Texican replied, �I showed it to him.�

Best,

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'lia,

You sure do shoot a bunch.

Your mouth and Imagination,that is. Laffin'!

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Page 25 of 58 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.