Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 58 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 57 58
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

You Whining Kchunt...you ALMOST said something about The Rifle,but went right to Whining instead. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor stupid [bleep].

Perhaps consider holding your breath and stomping your itty-bitty feet,during your next Whine and fresh batch of Excuses?!? I musta missed it,where you quantified just how loud your Imagination was,when you "shoot" it?!? Do tell! Laffin'!

Cheer up,I prolly shoot more than one chambering,in more than one barrel length and in more than one contour. I know that ain't "fair",but you'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...while a guess is the "best" you can do.

[Linked Image]

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Hint.

rost',

I enjoy that your Stupidity isn't an Act. Congratulations?!?

Why is it,that you feel compelled in the need to reiterate what an incredibly slow [bleep] "learner" you are? Sweetheart...that ain't ever been a "secret". Laffin'! Knock it outta da Park and dangle a picture of you and your crossed-eyes in their full "splendor",if only to connect the dots on how/why it takes you decades to "learn" how incredibly little you "know". Dare ya' and I'm looking forward to them Excuses in particular. You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot! Re-laffin'!

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be better served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". Hint.

Again,VERY good [bleep] call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Vagina Monologue instead. Ain't it an intellesting Dichotomy,that even someone as [bleep] incredibly Stupid as you,knows better?!?

You're doing "great". Hint.

Laffin'!

'bear,

You's at the mercy of your means,ability and comprehension,which is undoubtedly very unfair disadvantages. Laffin'!

Funniest part is,you poor stupid [bleep],is that you've been led to water.

Hint.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You are a true example that all you have to have is enough to get the job done.

From the pictures that's evident, no one ever questioned this. As such animal accuracy is never as demanding as paper accuracy.

And I believe in the end you are right, this is long range hunting, so if you can kill, and have the fastest round all is good.

Our technical discussion of how to quickly find the best accuracy node, should really be placed in the competition forum.

How silly of me to think that a hunter might also be interested in the most accurate load his rifle could produce.

And I managed to type all that without referring to windows,buses, Ebonics, sexual organs or such.

BTW dang nice Sitka's in the photos!

We should have a humor forum for your threads. I appreciate that part in it, but unfortunately, humor doesn't impress me much.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
rost',

You are a CLUELESS dismal [bleep] and I mean WOW +P+! But in total fairness...your incredible [bleep] Stupidity,is in fact a riot. Congratulations?!? Knock it outta da Park,connect all the dots and dangle a pic of you and your Paper Hat,so as to really set the bar for The Paper Hat Brigade and their "lofty" "standards". Laffin'!

I get a kick outta the notion,that if you schlep your [bleep] Stupidity elsewhere,that you's under the impression it ain't [bleep] Stupidity any longer! Now THAT is some seriously [bleep] funny schit! Perhaps you should rally for an Imagination And Pretend category,for you to ply your "prowess" in?!? Laffin'!

The only Technical Discussion you've mustered,is to repeatedly beat the drum,expounding upon how incredibly little you "know" and how painfully long it took you to not know it. In fairness however,the Texas Version of everything IS [bleep] hilarious!

Your best connect percentages,are always going to be to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. Hint. Humor Points awarded in advance,for you being to [bleep] Stupid,to even manage that. Laffin'!

Dangle just one recent picture of your crossed-eyes and High Zoot Custom Rifle(s)...it'll be funnier than [bleep]!

I'm crying,I'm laughing soooooooo hard.

You amazingly inept clueless [bleep] are a RIOT!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You KNOW it's gonna get GOOD,when The Paper Hat Brigade starts their "we" schit. That's the Secret Squirrel Society silent dog whistle summons,for Emergency back up,for ALL Window Lickers to unite! Laffin'!

I'll keep it a little more "fair"...so she can mebbe muster the courage requisite,to dangle a pic of her crossed-eyes.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey box

You're method is a ladder, whether you will say so or not.

Finding pressure involves shooting a few rounds of graduated charges till you get an ejector mark or sticky bolt. Then you back off a little.

Now I know that's just too concise and cordial to say for a guy like you, but it would help a lot of the guys reading this who really are interested in options that "seem" to work for some.

If the best accuracy in every rifle is at that point, it's news to me. I typically find accuracy at a couple of places in a ladder

See, the OP's question was "why use the ladder to develop a long range load". I've answered the question with why it works, why I think it's best, how I've improved the Audette, and posted several tests with the resulting loads to reinforce my position and help someone with finding an accurate long range load.

Your "posts" on the other hand are 99.9% gobbledygook insults and .1% help for a someone reading this.

That's to say nothing about your incredibly nasty responses to posters who have been nothing but cordial and mature like rost495 in their questions to you or their posts that don't even reference you. Some guys have even asked you for your input in earnest and you respond to them like they've just called you a dick.

Please see a Shrink.

grin

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'lia,

Now I'm a touch curious. Hang a pic of yourself,as I'd like to get a reading on how big your ears are...in order to heed the summons of the highly esteemed Silent Pooch Whistle. Laffin'!

PLEASE feel free to label any/all things however you like,especially if they assist your Pretend. If/when your Smoke & Ladder Show gets your Creed' barking somewhere close to how my Ruger 77/22 K-Hornet shoots,I'll whoop out the formed cases and 32 V-Max,if only to again set the bar for your aspirations. Laffin'!

You've talked out your ass in regards to Myths,Wives Tales and Fabrications,cemented due your incredible lack of intellect and trigger time. I mean,you are REALLY doing "great". Laffin'!

Folks with an inkling,have already sourced what I've penned upon this subject and numerous others and are not surprisingly connectin' them dots reliably and basking in the spoils that fruit reliably garners. Hint. That ain't to say the Clueless Window Lickers,do not remain here in their Tin foil Hats and that of course is THE funniest [bleep] part. Re-hint.

Mebbe give thought to filling out a Hurt Feelers Report,as it might bolster your Imagination and it's Pretend,even a smidge more?!? I can only lead you stupid [bleep] to water and wouldn't make you drink,even if I could. Laffin'!

Now...let's see them ears,as I'd wager they are spectacular! Looking forward to your next Whine and another batch of Excuses.

Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There may be something to the method...

Scott�s article also reveals some interesting technical points: �One thing that IS important is that the bullet be precisely seated against the lands. T.J. Jackson reported this fact in the May 1987 issue of Precision Shooting. In a letter to the Editor, T.J. wrote, ��in all our testing in that Houston warehouse� and the dozens and dozens of groups that Virgil King shot in there �in the zeroes�� he NEVER fired a single official screamer group when he was �jumping� bullets. All his best groups were always seated into the lands, or at the very least� touching the lands. Virgil said his practice was to seat the bullets so the engraving was half as long as the width of the lands. He noticed an interesting phenomenon with rifles that could really shoot: if the bullets were seated a little short and the powder charge was a bit on the light side, the groups formed vertically. As he seated the bullets farther out and increased the powder charge, the groups finally became horizontal. If he went still farther, the groups formed big globs. He said the trick is to find the midway point between vertical and horizontal. That point should be a small hole.�

Link:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...ton-warehouse-read-this-classic-article/

Link II:

http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/max357/houston.html

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahhh, Boxer

Let's put this in language a stupid [bleep] like you can understand.

1.. Show us another pretty gun, which does nothing for the thread.

2.. Throw another hissy fit and call names which shows your level of mental delusion and stupidity.

Your petty self-indulgence is laffin for sure.

Do something useful for everyone, go play with your self and your pictures in the corner. No one wants to hear your self-important blathering.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
'Hunter,

You Whining Kchunt...you ALMOST said something about The Rifle,but went right to Whining instead. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor stupid [bleep].

Perhaps consider holding your breath and stomping your itty-bitty feet,during your next Whine and fresh batch of Excuses?!? I musta missed it,where you quantified just how loud your Imagination was,when you "shoot" it?!? Do tell! Laffin'!

Cheer up,I prolly shoot more than one chambering,in more than one barrel length and in more than one contour. I know that ain't "fair",but you'll haveta pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...while a guess is the "best" you can do.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

rost',

I enjoy that your Stupidity isn't an Act. Congratulations?!?

Why is it,that you feel compelled in the need to reiterate what an incredibly slow [bleep] "learner" you are? Sweetheart...that ain't ever been a "secret". Laffin'! Knock it outta da Park and dangle a picture of you and your crossed-eyes in their full "splendor",if only to connect the dots on how/why it takes you decades to "learn" how incredibly little you "know". Dare ya' and I'm looking forward to them Excuses in particular. You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot! Re-laffin'!

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be better served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". Hint.

Again,VERY good [bleep] call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Vagina Monologue instead. Ain't it an intellesting Dichotomy,that even someone as [bleep] incredibly Stupid as you,knows better?!?

You're doing "great". Hint.

Laffin'!

'bear,

You's at the mercy of your means,ability and comprehension,which is undoubtedly very unfair disadvantages. Laffin'!

Funniest part is,you poor stupid [bleep],is that you've been led to water.

Hint.

A wood stocked rifle Boxer???????? I can't believe you ain't chunked it in the fireplace and threw a synthetic on? grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith

Rocket scientists would just laff their azz off at ladders! Hell, they even set some world records in Registered matches with the National benchrest shooter's Ass'n with moving backers!

I played with the "ladder" in the late 70's, it was mental masturbation then, it is a total goat rop'en now.

Not exactly true as the late Harold Vaughn was, literally, a rocket scientist and he goes into great detail why the "ladder" type load development works to minimize vertical dispersion in his ground breaking book "Rifle Accuracy Facts".

Not only did he take pictures of the bullet during exit but also mounted accelerometers to track muzzle oscillation.

There really is no debate that vertical dispersion changes with the timing of the bullets exit and the oscillations of the barrel. Timing the bullet exit to an upswing in the barrel oscillation will produce a load with less vertical at distance than a load that exits on a downswing in the barrel oscillation.

Whether or not this slight improvement in vertical is important to a hunter or even if he can find it with his equipment or shooting ability is really the question.

Obviously Lil Fish is not going to find much to be gained. When Kimber MTs and wannabe Rem TIs being shot of a backpack are your holy grail then getting to technical with the load development is really a waste of time.

[Linked Image]

Ladder type load development would not have fixed ass shooting this buck at 500yds. Learning how to shoot and getting a decent rifle for the job would be a smarter answer.

[Linked Image]

Most of us with much hunting experience are loath to kiss hunting rounds. Sometimes it is the only play a guy has with a poorly designed or poorly executed chamber but that hardly makes it the technique of choice if one has a decent rifle.

Personally I don�t use a powder charge ladder type of load development because I can keep vertical dispersion within my needs by moving seating depths (seating ladders). Having chambers that allow jump gives a guy options.

If I ever got serious about match shooting again I would unquestionably run both powder and seating ladders and give up a few FPS for a slight gain in vertical.

As Ric posted earlier a fellow might already be shooting a load that exits on the upswing and nothing will be gained, but the only way to know is to shoot the ladders and see for yourself.

Lil Fish,

I do declare you shoot some of the biggest little bucks around. I just can't figure if you are bitching or bragging. laugh laugh

Love and Kisses
John

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
RDW,

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess.

Much to the chagrin of the very Guessers themselves.

Laffin'!

'Hunter,

Your myriad of insecurities,are VERY well founded. Congratulations?!?

1) I prolly shoot more than (1) chambering,in more than (1) barrel length,in more than (1) contour and even in more than (1) twist rate. Just sayin'. Hint. Laffin'!

2) PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose in your [bleep] Stupidity. As an aside,I will make it look easy...if only because it is. Hint. Consider that a (2) dog dare. Laffin'!

Again,exceedingly GOOD call for you to Whine and skirt ALL things The Rifle...if only because it's the only [bleep] move you've got. Your inherent Kchuntitude is boundless. Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Hint.

Dooshmike,

I suffer lotsa Walnut and simply accept it,for what is...and that as a series of heavy concessions slated to Play Toys.

[Linked Image]

It is,what it is and that simply ain't much.

Hint.

Burns,

I enjoy your Imagination,ALMOST as much as you do.

Funny how it keeps getting you run outta Business,on an Express Rail.

Bless your heart...you "hard charger" you. REALLY enjoyed the Jump Throating "advantage".

Laffin'!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RDW,

'Hunter,

Your myriad of insecurities,are VERY well founded. Congratulations?!?

2) PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose in your [bleep] Stupidity. As an aside,I will make it look easy...if only because it is. Hint. Consider that a (2) dog dare. Laffin'!

Boxer

I do not have any insecurities. I have clearly posted what I do and how and its proven results, I do not have to revert to refusing to answer, call names and post pictures to avoid the question. Not sure if your mistaken or not. You refused to describe what you do. Laffin again, dummy.

I posted what I have done with the ladder and proven it in competition. I know that was hard for you to follow as no pictures.

As for you shooting all various calibers, contours etc. Well any village idiot can load and shoot them, but that is all it looks like and does not prove squat.

Go back to your corner and play with yourself and post some more pictures. I am not impressed with your pictures, arrogance, stupidity and internet bully attitude.

JohnBurns

FWIW before the dinglehead jumps in with another picture.

I run a ladder starting in the lands ONLY on a single shot comp gun because it will have the highest pressures in the lands and does not hav a magazine. I run a ladder at max magazine COAL for hunting mag guns, so no point in starting at the lands normally. My experience has shown that Bergers and other VLDs "tend" to like in the lands very often, but not always and non VLDs such as Sierras "tend" to like off. The new Berger hybrids really have a large node also on seating depths as much as .050. My 300 WSM comp gun is like that.

Most ladders have shown 2-3 nodes, as I try to run them to the higher node just to see pressures and where they are. I can zero in on a mid node load then work seating depths and it works extremely well and it is repeatable as it shows on targets.

We have some guns that like the Bergers as far as .100 off though.

The more experienced LR hunters try to build mag guns with extended mag boxes and longer throats if possible if they are running mag guns. Most of my bigger LR guns (338 Lapua Ack Imp and 338-408) I just built as single shots anyway so no issues.

Got to ask, where did you guys find this clown anyway?

Last edited by BountyHunter; 03/10/14.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

You have CLEARLY Posted that you are a [bleep] Idiot and that is not to be refuted. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
RC,

somewhere a ways back I think I posted something like this....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...037/Re_Montana_243_VS_7mm_08#Post8616037

Don't matter, wherever B lands its gonna be a Goatphuck sooner rather than later. That's his sthick. Whatever his moniker is, until he's banned its always the same, same put-downs, same deer, same rifles.
'Bout the only thing that changes is who he puts down/insults. Just cut'n paste, change the names and a word or two.

http://forum.snipershide.com/sniper...17-mtu-contour-just-too-much-barrel.html

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/708904/Two_Questions.html

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/archive/index.php/t-236914.html

http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthrea...page/0/view/collapsed/sb/7/o/all/fpart/2

Do a google search of some of his pix. Those bucks he's been posting since 2007 and probably before. Years ago they were interesting and often accompanied by enough interesting photos to make it worth putting up with his jazz.

He don't mind an you don't matter.

I learned long ago you don't reason with the fellow. No point in trying to have a discussion. No point in getting mad or upset.

I don't know about ya'll but I come to these forums to have fun. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDNV951SlkicY&v=NV951SlkicY[/video]

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I don't know what I enjoy more the aneurism's or the internet sleuthing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
G,

THAT should be a "sticky"...for all the obvious reasons beyond your feeble abilities to comprehend.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard. Bless your Whining heart!!!

INSTANT Classic!

noodlz,

Don't go [bleep] this up,as I hope that Texas Whine is in the same pitch as The Silent Pooch Whistle.

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
G,

THAT should be a "sticky"...for all the obvious reasons beyond your feeble abilities to comprehend.

I'm crying I'm laughing soooooooooo [bleep] hard. Bless your Whining heart!!!

INSTANT Classic!

[Linked Image]

noodlz,

Don't go [bleep] this up,as I hope that Texas Whine is in the same pitch as The Silent Pooch Whistle.

Laffin'!

there ya' go B, fixed it fer ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Sorry sun was in my eyes...didn't see your leader.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
RC,

somewhere a ways back I think I posted something like this....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...037/Re_Montana_243_VS_7mm_08#Post8616037

Don't matter, wherever B lands its gonna be a Goatphuck sooner rather than later. That's his sthick. Whatever his moniker is, until he's banned its always the same, same put-downs, same deer, same rifles.
'Bout the only thing that changes is who he puts down/insults. Just cut'n paste, change the names and a word or two.

http://forum.snipershide.com/sniper...17-mtu-contour-just-too-much-barrel.html

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/708904/Two_Questions.html

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/archive/index.php/t-236914.html

http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthrea...page/0/view/collapsed/sb/7/o/all/fpart/2

Do a google search of some of his pix. Those bucks he's been posting since 2007 and probably before. Years ago they were interesting and often accompanied by enough interesting photos to make it worth putting up with his jazz.

He don't mind an you don't matter.

I learned long ago you don't reason with the fellow. No point in trying to have a discussion. No point in getting mad or upset.

I don't know about ya'll but I come to these forums to have fun. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDNV951SlkicY&v=NV951SlkicY[/video]

GWB

Just got done checking the links. Amazing.

Hope the toilet bowl gets flushed ASAP here as well. That one really cracked me up!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 27 of 58 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,920
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.