Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rosco1
Just yesterday I had to use .5moa more when the wind kicked up 10mph, this was at 1800 yards..It aint nothing I wasnt aware of, but the fact that it is a variable sure seems vacant in these discussions.

Drop data developed out to 1000 yards when used that far past 1000 yards is seldom accurate. Strange things happen as far as BC occur that you are confusing with vertical wind effect.

Last edited by rcamuglia; 03/13/14.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Tell me how you differentiate vertical wind effect from a load that strings vertically.

Or vice versa..

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Berger hybrids DO NOT SHOOT IN THE LANDS.

I had some 168gr Berger Classic Hunters (hybrid design) that disagreed with this:

45.5gr Varget, CCI200, 168gr Berger Classic Hunter, Lapua Brass, 2.105" base to ogive, slightly into the lands.

10 shots at 100m

[Linked Image]

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tell me how you differentiate vertical wind effect from a load that strings vertically.

Or vice versa..

A load with vertical stringing always strings. Wind causing vertical is rare. Unless you're shooting into a headwind or with a tailwind across hilly terrain that runs perpendicular to your POA

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just yesterday I had to use .5moa more when the wind kicked up 10mph, this was at 1800 yards..It aint nothing I wasnt aware of, but the fact that it is a variable sure seems vacant in these discussions.

Drop data developed out to 1000 yards when used that far past 1000 yards is seldom accurate. Strange things happen as far as BC occur that you are confusing with vertical wind effect.

...not to mention velocity differences being magnified from shot to shot and scope click values being not so perfect.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

You type as if this was my first time shooting that far, you also fail to grasp that I was hitting the target 5min prior to needing to add more ele, aint a scope issue and it aint the first time i've noticed it.

Shooting out that far is a day to day development, due to the slightest changes, you know that of course..Just seeing what the smart kids have to say on the subject..your pointing out the obvious,thanks?

I aint a mathematician,but i'm pretty sure the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, now start throwing curves in there for wind adjustment, coupled with a nearly subsonic bullet and...

This really aint relevant to the thread since we're talking about ELR, but at this point WGAF.

FWIW, I use a pseudo ladder,shot thru a chrono while i'm doing it because it gives me lots of info in a few rounds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rosco,

What I'm trying to get across is that a difference in POI of 1/2 MOA at 1800 yards isn't much in the grand scheme. Is only 9 or 10 inches.

It can be caused by numerous things that I posted or even didn't, including wind.

I wouldn't be so adamant that wind is the only possibility.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
trying to upload a vid to PB, but it aint taking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For example:

A 2950 fps load will drop 19" more at 1760 yards than a 2965 fps load under a standard atmosphere

Shot to shot velocity differential is reality.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Word..But that same lot of ammo was producing pretty consistent hits prior to the wind picking up.

It was more drastic for my creedmoor at 1400..I just believe there is more to it, where I shoot at least.

I wanted to upload the vid because it would show terrain, I'm shooting over a ravine and several buildings (silo's,equipment sheds}..its always been a tricky spot to shoot from, by tricky i mean PITA.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
10-4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you find pressure. Then what?

Already explained that wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Is this the new .223 AI thread?

Not even close!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Is this the new .223 AI thread?

EVAH!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth

1 ladder test is sufficient for that particular load? Does anyone repeat to verify?

This is still my biggest Q, I have a very difficult time believing one or even two ladders will provide solid evidence,

A node is a 3 or 4 shot group, but really is just one group,

My rifles/skills are not equal to most here, but my doubt comes from me trying to duplicate my own "nodes/groups",

Some days a particular load is a hammer, other days, the nail.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

Please feel free to keep using all the Imagination and Pretend you need,in order to tell yourself that which you most need to hear. Nice touch to do so aloud,so I can laugh at your incredible dumbfhukktitude...as you do your "best". Thanks!

Looking forward to your next whine and the fresh batch of Excuses,from Smoke & Mirror Land. You are doing "great"!

Laffin'!

Jordan,

Do not forget,how "real" Pretend is,to these incredibly stupid [bleep] and their ladders.

Laffin'!

rost',

I see you are starting to buckle. laffin'!

They sooner youy shut the [bleep] up,quit trying to "think" for yourself and apply the notes you start taking...the better of you'll be. That way,in another 20yrs,you needn't come clean yet afgain,on how you were a clueless dumbfhukk.

Bless your heart and pointy head.

Laffin'!

'shooter,

Do not slight the sanctity,of the oblivious humor inherent within wayward ladders. Key here is,to not spook the hole.

Laffin'!

'64,

I'm purty sure that someone rather astute,said veddy veddy early on,that harmonics can easily be massaged,by means other than an Imaginary Ladder.

'Course The Paper Hat Brigade never can listen,which is of course the funniest [bleep] part.(grin)

I can only lead the stupid [bleep] to water...I cain't make 'em drink.

'lia,

Ain't it fascinating,that the ONLY "skills" you need...are your Imagination and Pretend?!?

Right [bleep] proper Dichotomy there.

Google it(Dichotomy),you poor poor stupid fghukkk.

Laffin'!

I enjoy that despite your "BEST" efforts,you remain soooooo far in the dark,that the daylight needs pumped to you. REALLY enjoyed your being too [bleep] stupid to savvy the relationship of a pristine bore,to laying moly,as a prior control to rocking on.

It's ONLY funny,because you are totally [bleep] devoid any semblance of an inkling!

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

As an aside,does water taste better to you,after you sneak up on the glass?

Re-laffin'!

Gibby,

It's never been to cypher who shoots more than a smidge.

Which is of course the funniest [bleep] part.(grin)

In fairness,I prolly like some powders more than others.

rosco,

The wind don't "matter" in Smoke & Mirrors Land.

Laffin'!

'neth,

You haven't enough Imagination or Pretend,to make your Smoke & Ladder Test "real" to you.

Ain't it funny,how it actually works?!?(grin)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Boxer-

I started out shooting Cordite.

A smidge for a long time is a lot of shoot'n.

If you want to shoot further, flip the muzzle up on your lob! Kentucky Windage 101!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Curiosity killed the Cat, but I'm no Cat fan anyways, So,

Next decent day 'round here, I'll take my pet '06 load, 58 grains of H4350 and 165 g. heat seeker,

Load up said charges with .3 increments and see where the "node" is,

You think that node will be 58 grains? Could be interesting....

All I can do is 300 yards, Seems no one is willing to sell me a 1000' strip of terra firma 4' wide.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Curiosity killed the Cat, but I'm no Cat fan anyways, So,

Next decent day 'round here, I'll take my pet '06 load, 58 grains of H4350 and 165 g. heat seeker,

Load up said charges with .3 increments and see where the "node" is,

You think that node will be 58 grains? Could be interesting....

All I can do is 300 yards, Seems no one is willing to sell me a 1000' strip of terra firma 4' wide.

I have my own 1000yd range if you want to drive out this way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ken, do you have a chronograph?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (AceBall, 35, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 15 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.