-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a credit to the profession they don't get those decisions wrong more often.

Pow--Freeze isn't a decision.

The troops in afghanistan have to show much more restrain in an actual war zone. Cops must not have rules of engagement.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by aspade
I blame a system that decided at leisure that it was reasonable to enforce what amounts to a penny ante tax stamp at gunpoint, on the side of the road, at night.

Is there one good reason this couldn't have been dealt with via citation through the mail a week later?

Well put. Not to mention monetary (especially traffic) fines within the criminal justice system help to fuel the onerous police presence we enjoy in our suburbs today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy should go up for manslaughter.

Pathetic.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DoeDumper
If LEO's would take a stand against that kind of behavior among their own things would change rather than getting worse by the day... All I ever see is excuses and wagon circling tho..

This was posted weeks ago and it was a bad shoot then. Still is.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Sarge, this old guy simply won't stay in his truck with his hands on the wheel. And he can't stand without his cane. Can I shoot him?"

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by pal
"Sarge, this old guy simply won't stay in his truck with his hands on the wheel. And he can't stand without his cane. Can I shoot him?"

I am pretty cynical of the police, but I really have a hard time believing the cop was thinking what you wrote.

And as much as I hate even bringing this up, was this in the south? I think the cop is black and with an old white man getting out of the truck and reaching for something might have escalated the officers decision. Obviously NOW the wrong decision. Perhaps this officer is better suited to work in the police station, not in the field.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, but he was cowardly.

Ya, brave people let the guy with the shotgun shoot first crazy

Old guy gets out of the truck and reaches for long, dark object in truck bed, completely ignoring officer, takes it out and swings around.

We had an officer killed about 40 miles from were I sit under exactly similar circumstances a few years back, except in that case IIRC the old guy got out of the car with a Mini 14. Routine traffic stop, safe area, out of the blue.

I'll give the Cop a pass on this one. Sad deal all around, I hope he says in the profession.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Old guy gets out of the truck, reaches in the truck for a long object and sets it on the ground to lean on; doesn't hear the officer's commands over the highway traffic noise, and gets a clip sprayed at/in him.

This is a classic shoot/don't shoot decision and the LEO fails miserably. Every time I watch one of these guys unleash with a semi-auto, I miss the old wheel gun days and measured shooting.

I don't want to see one LEO killed in the line of duty. It is a tough profession, just like soldiering, and sometimes extremely hazardous. I hope this one gets out of the profession. I don't want him out there with a gun.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

And as much as I hate even bringing this up, was this in the south? I think the cop is black and with an old white man getting out of the truck and reaching for something might have escalated the officers decision. Obviously NOW the wrong decision. Perhaps this officer is better suited to work in the police station, not in the field.

That cuts both ways, except that white on black racial animus and violence is history and / or leftist mythology and black on white is epidemic.

[Linked Image]

What better way to exercise such animus and not only get away with it but make the old 'crackers' pay you for it than in uniform and under the color of law.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
Originally Posted by pal

And as much as I hate even bringing this up, was this in the south? I think the cop is black and with an old white man getting out of the truck and reaching for something might have escalated the officers decision.

Seriously? I don't think brother man was having flashbacks to Jim Crow days. This reminds me of when Clinton said he remembered black churches burning in Arkansas in his youth. Someone checked and discovered that nothing like that had happened since he was hatched.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by oulufinn
There are plenty of bad cops, bad cop videos, etc. They're scum should be culled, not just fired.

This particular officer had a split second, at night to react to what looked to be some sort of long gun being grabbed from the truck bed. The old feller driving the truck made a very, very bad decision doing what he did. Bad, bad deal, but this cop is not one of the bad guys, at least in this particular incident.

Save the bashing for those who truly deserve it. Jumping on this one helps the cause of the bad ones. Burn them down, every time, not those who don't deserve it.

And everyone of us has only a split second to determine if the cop that has us pulled over is about to shoot us or not. Shoot first? Run? What's an innocent person supposed to do, just stand there and get killed by Barney Fife?

But OK. The got all weepy and said he was sorry. Guess he just keeps his job and his pension and lives to kill another day.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have always had plenty of respect for the law-men and the job they have to do,
But it's plain to see there is deffinatly something broke in law enforcement these days, this kinda crap is getting way out of hand.
I'm starting to feel there's more to fear from the cops than anybody.

Last edited by dedity; 03/15/14.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dedity
...it's plain to see there is deffinatly something broke in law enforcement these days...

The problem starts with DOJ's head jackass and works its way down.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm starting to feel there's more to fear from the cops than anybody.

That's been my view for a while now.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pal
...it's plain to see there is deffinatly something broke in law enforcement these days...

The problem starts with DOJ's head jackass and works its way down.
No, it started with the war on drugs and accelerated with the war on terror. Both phony justifications for increased police statism under the pretense of addressing threats.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, BamBam, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, bbassi, BALLISTIK, 8 invisible), 1,282 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,234
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.