Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hell, a lawyer will cost you $250/alleged hour.
=======

A first year lawyer, maybe.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by djs
What, you don't have these skills yet? I thought Alaskans knew everything! smile

I'm a government worker. Whats a skill set?

No you're not. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Hell, a lawyer will cost you $250/alleged hour.
=======

A first year lawyer, maybe.

Is that taking into consideration his contractual breaks. With a 4 hour minimum?

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Calvin
It's funny how everybody rails on the .gov workers for how much they make, but if you point out that a plumber charges $80 an hour to unclog a toilet for an old lady, then it's game on.

Not even close to a logical comparison. Government workers produce absolutely nothing of real economic value. They are a drain on the economy SQUARED: first in the fact that they're paid w/ tax dollars, and then in the fact that by government's nature, their "job" is to impede or stop productive economic activity.

I will remember that next time 911 is dialed. Fire/EMS/LEO are actually impeding the situation and wasting my money.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Kenneth
As a Plumber, I wish I could afford a fishing charter in Alaska,

Frickkers are pricy.
as an inspector I don't make as much as the plumbers around here.

But I've yet to find a charter I couldn't afford. Probably are a lot out there though. But can always afford a trip or two here and there.

No offense rost, but things went over your head so low and so loud I can't believe you missed it,

Let me set the stage for ya,

Calvin, the Charter Captain in Alaska, was commenting on Plumbers, and Plumbers wages/overhead, and yet Calvin apparently knows little about Plumbers or the costs associated with the business,,,,

Enter Ken, the Smartass Plumber in Wisconsin, who makes a funny about the cost of fishing charters (RE:Calvin) in Alaska, as if I have a clue what it cost's to operate a Commercial vessel in AK.

You savy this time?

Next time you hear a "woosh", look up, it might be an answer.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's funny how everybody rails on the .gov workers for how much they make, but if you point out that a plumber charges $80 an hour to unclog a toilet for an old lady, then it's game on. (grin)

I do most stuff myself. Stuff I needs to be up to code for home resale I'd rather just pay somebody to do. And no, I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

At least you can watch the electrician or plumber earn his $80+ an hour........the lawyer can bone you all day long with no watch dog

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Frickkers are pricy.

But I've yet to find a charter I couldn't afford. Probably are a lot out there though. But can always afford a trip or two here and there.

No offense rost, but things went over your head so low and so loud I can't believe you missed it,

Calvin, the Charter Captain in Alaska, was commenting on Plumbers, and Plumbers wages/overhead, and yet Calvin apparently knows little about Plumbers or the costs associated with the business,,,,

Enter Ken, the Smartass Plumber in Wisconsin, who makes a funny about the cost of fishing charters (RE:Calvin) in Alaska, as if I have a clue what it cost's to operate a Commercial vessel in AK.

You savy this time?

Nope. Didn't miss it. You were just being the typical smart azz you are.

Point is you afford what you need and want. You can afford the fishing trip. He can afford the water heater.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I keep hearing about terrible things are..

I had to have an electrician come to the house to wire in a new outlet for my new stove. $80 hr.

Had to have a plumber come not long ago. $80hr.

Get my boat engine a tune up. $90 hr.

Have a welder weld anything out of aluminum. $80 hr.

Seems like the trades are the place to be?
Better than CEO wages of most big company? crazyI retired (37 years)as a electric lineman and made $42 bucks per hour.Is that to high of a wage?I think not when your up a 150ft transmission tower in the middle of the night.

Last edited by coobie; 03/17/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Again, right over your head, Don't start a thread complaining about the operating cost of a business you're not familiar with, and then expect sympathy,

And your point about "afford", Wrong again.

I, and Calvin, could "afford" a $4,000 Water heater, That doesn't mean we would pay that .

Regarding your " typical smartass comment", Find your own material.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
$80 an hour for a 8 hour work day.

$640 a day. Not a bad wage, if you ask me. Sure you have to pay taxes, but who doesn't? (ok, don't answer that)

Curious how much a .gov worker makes a day?

Rarely do honest service people get 8hrs chargeable in a 8hr day

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This thread makes it very apparent that so many are ignorant to the operation of a business and the product that said business produces and sells. It is damn expensive to operate a business of any kind, and many are completely oblivious to costs associated with operating.

A service charge of $80/hr is fair as fair can be when you get down to the breakdown of what it is comprised of. Those costs have been mentioned already, and bottom line is if you can't afford it, or feel like bitching about, then either suck it up and pay for it, or , man up and learn how to do the [bleep] yourself.

You'll shoot your eye out
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Frickkers are pricy.

You savy this time?

Didn't you go on a guided sheep hunt? I'm sure you could afford a charter.

BTW, many of my clients are construction workers, electricians, plumbers, road builders, etc. They know how to have a hell of a time.

In fact, one of my most long time groups are a group of guys who deal with apartments and handle all the renters. Boy do they have some stories.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by efw
It's funny how everybody rails on the .gov workers for how much they make, but if you point out that a plumber charges $80 an hour to unclog a toilet for an old lady, then it's game on.

Not even close to a logical comparison. Government workers produce absolutely nothing of real economic value. They are a drain on the economy SQUARED: first in the fact that they're paid w/ tax dollars, and then in the fact that by government's nature, their "job" is to impede or stop productive economic activity.

Really? You do realize that many .gov jobs actually involve some pretty technical skills, right?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kend
$80 an hour for a 8 hour work day.

$640 a day. Not a bad wage, if you ask me. Sure you have to pay taxes, but who doesn't? (ok, don't answer that)

Curious how much a .gov worker makes a day?

Rarely do honest service people get 8hrs chargeable in a 8hr day

What's honesty got to do with it?

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sure I went on a sheep hunt, couple of them in fact,

But I never started a thread anywhere implying the Outfitter didn't deserve his 15 grand,

How the hell do I know what the Super Cub costs? Repairs, Insurance, Compensation for the Guides, yada yada.......

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

I will remember that next time 911 is dialed. Fire/EMS/LEO are actually impeding the situation and wasting my money.

Granted there are clear exceptions to the rule outlined above, but by and large it is a rule none the less. You can rely upon the exception to support your argument, but it's a weak support.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Granted there are clear exceptions to the rule outlined above, but by and large it is a rule none the less. You can rely upon the exception to support your argument, but it's a weak support.

I can't speak for efw, Rost, but when I think of government workers, I think of pencil pushers who manufacture red tape, not the guys with the red lights on their vehicles. Folks in the emergency services obviously provide a needed service.

I'm betting that Eric feels the same.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm a tradesman who owns my own business. When folks complain about rates, I simply ask them 'how much should it cost?'

It's always funny to hear the answers.....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's still flying over heads.....
TFF.

Employees are getting paid whether they are billing $80 per or $0.
As stated, you can't bill 8 hours everyday, but they get paid for 8 hours.
Calvin has to "overcharge" for his charter because he has months of no charters.
He lives off the "excess" during no work periods.
The plumber's employer is doing the same thing.
His fixed costs never go away.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
I keep hearing about terrible things are..

I had to have an electrician come to the house to wire in a new outlet for my new stove. $80 hr.

Had to have a plumber come not long ago. $80hr.

Get my boat engine a tune up. $90 hr.

Have a welder weld anything out of aluminum. $80 hr.

Seems like the trades are the place to be?

You think that is bad, last July I walked into an emergency room at a local hospital about 5:30 PM Friday afternoon for a blood clot in my leg. I got several test, MRI, etc. spent the night for observation, walked out around 2:30 PM Sat. afternoon with a couple prescriptions for meds.

Bill to the insurance company was over $20,000. So close to $1000 per hour average

Yes, but you rented the use of the hospital for the night. Expensive place to run. Ever price an MRI machine?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,993
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.