Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm down a full fifty since July. To the uninformed, I'm on the left, wife in the center, good friend on right..

[Linked Image]

She looks like your daughter! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SKane
Tim, gotta be 80# or better?

Right you are sir...was 90, 80 now, but my jeans are looser...I figure I've added some muscle too... wink

Started at about 285, right around 200 now...

Last edited by CowboyTim; 04/03/14.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just finished up week 8 of my first round of p90x3. Down only about 10 lbs so far, but am certainly in better shape.

Will be continuing with that all the way through November 1st, completing it 3 times. Next week adding in running a couple nights during the week, and a for time hike / climb one day a weekend with weighted pack, working up to 60 lbs or so by elk season. Intent will be to complete the climb then with 60 lbs in the same time or better than I do it now with just a light day pack with my usual hunting day pack load.

This year's elk hunt won't be kicking my azz the way last year's did. Or at least if it does, it will mean I'm going further, longer, steeper and harder.

Want to try to fit in a half marathon in October, but that is lowest priority. Not going to screw up my knee again.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I should have never let her get away. Frikken Naval pension and consultant salary beat my ass again.

Last edited by isaac; 04/03/14.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
I should have never let her get away. Frikken Naval pension and consultant salary beat my ass again.

yah I'm sure Karen is disappointed too! shocked

you got no reason to complain in the "what kind of wife did I end up with dept." my friend

you and jorge both out kicked your coverage

and yesssss it takes one to know one blush

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got weighed at the Dr the other day and he couldn't figure out how I had gained 15 pounds in 4 days, then I started emptying pockets and my jacket turns out I had lost 2 lbs but a 1911, taurus TCP, leather man, random box of 45-70 several knifes and other stuff shoved in my coat weighed close to 17 lb He told me I needed to lose 5-10 lbs to be ideal for my build, I have 3 to go.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yoga is for chicks. Men lift weights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, real men do what they gotta do and don't worry about what others think.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The trick boys, was a loving wife who put me onto a program called 'Weightnot" and it WORKED. Cost a little bit of money, but it was worth it. Thanks to all *you too Bristoe) for the compliments. I'm down to 182 and I'd like to go ten more. My muscle mass ain't what is was when I was 30 or even 50 when arguably, I was in the best shape of my life. I've always had to fight, fight, for with my weight, but after I retired in 08, it was really tough.. Hopefully I can continue to stay at this weight.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac

You forgot to mention I have three legs smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Tell that to all the bad azzz fighters in the octagon as well as a coupe of Navy Seals I know. Besides if it'll knock off weight I'll do whatever it's takes and think nonetheless of whatever you want to call it. And I'm not even that much over.

My work/stress coach recommends yoga every time I make the visit. She was right.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah but Bob has Yorkies

oh wait nevermind

3rd leg trumps yorkies

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!! That's impressive! Reminds me I need to lose about 40 lbs. Soon as I heal up I'm gonna be on it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Missing the smiley at the end.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by byc

Tell that to all the bad azzz fighters in the octagon as well as a coupe of Navy Seals I know. Besides if it'll knock off weight I'll do whatever it's takes and think nonetheless of whatever you want to call it. And I'm not even that much over.

My work/stress coach recommends yoga every time I make the visit. She was right.

How much can your "stress coach" clean and jerk?

Seriously though "mobility" is what you are after, yoga is just one method, here is, IMO a far superior method:

http://breakingmuscle.com/books-dvds/book-review-becoming-a-supple-leopard-by-kelly-starrett

Running, P90X etc are all well and good, I run a couple days/wk, row on a Concept II, but what will do more (other than a Paleo/Zone Diet) to keep you from becoming a feeble old man (or woman) is to stand on your own two feet and move a heavy azz barbell around.... a lot.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 04/03/14. Reason: spellin'
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I'm down 120lbs but I couldn't do it without a "tool" I've fought the food demons (my heroin) for years, I'm 62 now, have lost and gaining a 1000lbs. Diabetes was getting very close so I chose to have the Gastric Sleeve operation. Here are before and after pic's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've always been lean but I try to run about 25 miles a week for roughly 6 months out of the year. Gonna start again shortly but it's supposed to snow tonight, so I'll start Monday maybe.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

Well a lot of guys I work with feel that way, they can have a good laugh with their chiropractor about once a month and just keep doing those 12 oz curls. Then they can keep wondering how they can have a rough time keeping up with a guy that's 10 years older than they are at work... shocked

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
Well, I'm down 120lbs but I couldn't do it without a "tool" I've fought the food demons (my heroin) for years, I'm 62 now, have lost and gaining a 1000lbs. Diabetes was getting very close so I chose to have the Gastric Sleeve operation. Here are before and after pic's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Outstanding results...feels good not to be carrying around all that extra you, doesn't it?

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tim,

Thanks for the thread. DDP Yoga ordered here.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,955
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.